felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
By the way, I have a very risky opinion about ep 10.
I think it's one of the weakest episodes of the entire game.
I'll try to explain. I have a few reasons why I don't like it.
It's too long. Probably a lot of people like long episodes, but it's not only long, it's incredibly drawn out and boring.
The air party is probably the most boring in the entire game. It has no interactivity and all the variety is reduced to playing ping pong and choosing whether you eat the mushrooms or not. Otherwise you just talk to the characters and that's it.
Other than the party it has boring dialog. The dialog with Sage was like a job interview. She just talks about herself, even though she could have said that in ep5 and ep6. Why did she procrastinate so much until ep10? There's nothing special about that information.
A lot of the character development really disappointed me. Everyone loves Sage's branch, but what happened to Sage in ep10 could have happened in season 2. I guess DPС abruptly decided he should add depth to Sage and dumped everything on the player all at once. That's not good. If Sage had talked about her hobbies in ep4 for example, when MC slept over at Sage's house after breaking up with Josy and Maya, and then added something new in ep10, that would have been a normal development. It's the same as if Shadowheart only revealed that she can't swim and likes flowers in act 3 just before the finale.
Also, there's too much going on in this episode. Let's do the math. 1) Hidden cameras 2) Patrick and his relationship with Maya 3) Burke's backstory( why?) 4) DIK's photos 5) Riona's kidnapping 6) The grim ending at Bella's house.
Isn't that a bit much? The player literally has no time to catch their breath from such an abundance of events. Yoga is supposed to serve this purpose, but it's only one scene. Even at the party in the woods, the player is in suspense.
And of course there's too much cheap emotion in the game. Patrick's backstory, Burke's backstory, Josy running around with tears in her eyes..... It's all cheap emotion, kind of like anime. The game had cheap emotion before, but episode 10 has too much of it.
I need to replay the game again to refresh my impressions. But overall ep10 is much weaker in terms of plot and structure than any episode from season 2.
Chapter 10 has one great virtue: it is not the ninth, other than that it is a normal chapter neither very good nor terrible.

it has parts that are pure filler, like the BBQ party, (impromptu and with no real purpose), the yoga class (if it was supposed to be a canon event there should have been more effort put into it, an MC DIK can go there but it has to be explicitly to meet HOTs and see asses, not to get scolded by Bella)

there were some terribly cringeworthy moments, such as the Musketeers coming together to rescue Maya, or the dialogue at dinner between Sage and MC, a dialogue in which they both seem not to know who they are talking to “you know next year I may have to leave and at that point it's hard to keep long distance relationships with friends anymore” “Really? I hadn't thought of that, good thing it doesn't affect me in any way”

on the positive side, there was the surprise of the hunt for the documents, which was a fairly sudden snap in Maya's quest, the kidnapping of Riona

an average or mediocre chapter pandering to how you see it

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
It's too long. Probably a lot of people like long episodes, but it's not only long, it's incredibly drawn out and boring.
The air party is probably the most boring in the entire game. It has no interactivity and all the variety is reduced to playing ping pong and choosing whether you eat the mushrooms or not. Otherwise you just talk to the characters and that's it.
Other than the party it has boring dialog. The dialog with Sage was like a job interview. She just talks about herself, even though she could have said that in ep5 and ep6. Why did she procrastinate so much until ep10? There's nothing special about that information.
A lot of the character development really disappointed me. Everyone loves Sage's branch, but what happened to Sage in ep10 could have happened in season 2. I guess DPС abruptly decided he should add depth to Sage and dumped everything on the player all at once. That's not good. If Sage had talked about her hobbies in ep4 for example, when MC slept over at Sage's house after breaking up with Josy and Maya, and then added something new in ep10, that would have been a normal development. It's the same as if Shadowheart only revealed that she can't swim and likes flowers in act 3 just before the finale.
Also, there's too much going on in this episode. Let's do the math. 1) Hidden cameras 2) Patrick and his relationship with Maya 3) Burke's backstory( why?) 4) DIK's photos 5) Riona's kidnapping 6) The grim ending at Bella's house.
Isn't that a bit much? The player literally has no time to catch their breath from such an abundance of events. Yoga is supposed to serve this purpose, but it's only one scene. Even at the party in the woods, the player is in suspense.
And of course there's too much cheap emotion in the game. Patrick's backstory, Burke's backstory, Josy running around with tears in her eyes..... It's all cheap emotion, kind of like anime. The game had cheap emotion before, but episode 10 has too much of it.
I need to replay the game again to refresh my impressions. But overall ep10 is much weaker in terms of plot and structure than any episode from season 2.
Personally I think ep9 is weaker, to me 10 was pretty strong

Dinguz

Apr 14, 2020
I replayed the game recently and came to the same conclusion. The free roams in this episode are boring - at Maya's house, the lake party, cleaning after the halloween party. The backstories of Burke and Maya's family are skippable when you have seen them once. But the biggest dissapointment for me was no morning sex with anyone after the party last episode. The three 'vixens' just leave. Quinn returns to her normal angry self. And Elena (DPC) tells you, that there will never be a path for Sarah and Melanie. That sucked. You also get little to no development with girls like Heather, Elena, Sally, KRJ, Bianca and Zoey after a lot of teasing in episode 9. I hope DPC puts more effort into the others path in episode 11.

Mar 9, 2019
I replayed the game recently and came to the same conclusion. The free roams in this episode are boring - at Maya's house, the lake party, cleaning after the halloween party. The backstories of Burke and Maya's family are skippable when you have seen them once. But the biggest dissapointment for me was no morning sex with anyone after the party last episode. The three 'vixens' just leave. Quinn returns to her normal angry self. And Elena (DPC) tells you, that there will never be a path for Sarah and Melanie. That sucked. You also get little to no development with girls like Heather, Elena, Sally, KRJ, Bianca and Zoey after a lot of teasing in episode 9. I hope DPC puts more effort into the others path in episode 11.
I can't say your opinions are wrong but I will say they seem to be missing the point of episode 10. In my opinion, it was meant to be the boring episode, a filler episode if you will. It is literally called "The Calm Before The Snow" a play on the phrase "the calm before the storm". This is an idiom sailors would use to describe the few moments when the sea would get eerily calm right before unleashing its rage. It was taken to mean that just before all hell breaks lose there is a moment of false peace that can lull victims into complacency. So yes it was kind of boring comparatively to the rest, but, acknowledging the contextual clues, I feel it was meant to be. There's more I could say to explain it but I feel I've got my point across, plus I'm just really fucking lazy. I think I'll go nap.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I can't say your opinions are wrong but I will say they seem to be missing the point of episode 10. In my opinion, it was meant to be the boring episode, a filler episode if you will. It is literally called "The Calm Before The Snow" a play on the phrase "the calm before the storm". This is an idiom sailors would use to describe the few moments when the sea would get eerily calm right before unleashing its rage. It was taken to mean that just before all hell breaks lose there is a moment of false peace that can lull victims into complacency. So yes it was kind of boring comparatively to the rest, but, acknowledging the contextual clues, I feel it was meant to be. There's more I could say to explain it but I feel I've got my point across, plus I'm just really fucking lazy. I think I'll go nap.
DPC is rubbing off on you now your becoming lazy too :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: I'm Canadian bub

iamcomming

Apr 22, 2024
yes, that party was boring a little bit. just going and speaking. i have this feeling about ep9, just in ep9 you have the annoying searching who is where and what the duck is with her/him.
i dont know about Sage. i try ignore her. but there was the whole Jill drama about her panties. mc said, he didnt stole it, but ofc Jill dont trust in him. turns out, mc said the true. it was so lame and felt like mc and Jill has nothing to do with each other, but they have to speak in the ep, so here is this shit.
dpc should have take some action, break in the preps mansion again for evidence or just interesting decesions, but nothing.

while it was a big update, looks logical to me to much happening. but the last three point of your 6 is in the ending. they are cliffhanger. the player can thinking about it for 1,5 year.

btw, when we went to Maya's. i had that feeling, now will be the end, so i cant do this contract stealing stuff. but we got that part of the story. so i am pleased with it.
i would say, ep9 is weaker.

Mordreut

Sep 8, 2020
Possible but I think the most likely thing to happen is Josy and Maya breaking up but that just my guess.
I don't think DPC leaves the first main relationship formed without having the option of keep it (even if depends of X decision along the game), but, as you said, the easiest option would be choosing one of them (DPC could use the future solo josy or maya path he is hinting in episodes 9 and 10 with this option)

MilesEdgeworth

Nov 8, 2021
I liked chapter 10 esp the way I played it with the girls mean mugging jill Josy pissed at me it was chef's kiss drama. Also got to turn tremolo into a thug and purposely not get maya's papers.

Darkwen

Forum Fanatic
Nov 10, 2020
I don't think DPC leaves the first main relationship formed without having the option of keep it (even if depends of X decision along the game), but, as you said, the easiest option would be choosing one of them (DPC could use the future solo josy or maya path he is hinting in episodes 9 and 10 with this option)
Maybe but most of the game is picking between Josy and Maya perhaps there a way to save it but it sure feels like mc got to pick one

Reactions: MilesEdgeworth
4.80 star(s) 1,547 Votes