name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
even though it aint Quinn...great job man! ;)

Don't say such a thing. The Last Jedi was a major financial success. You are just giving the horses under DPC about what writing is the right one in terms of getting more cash :p Plus you disagree because the idea of a Quinnless game for you is inconceivable :sneaky: Regarding the plot well those are the question we are looking to get an answer for. Those who are interested in the whole hots part that is. I wonder which one of those will actually get an answer and which one will be just left hanging. Not much to say there. We are at the 'To be continued' part so sitting tight and waiting.

Not everyone among us like to go so cruel upon ourselves :sneaky:
To quote Mark Hamill - "IT`S NOT...it made a lot of money,ergo it`s good" -without going into how broken the script was,it was the most devisive of all Star Wars movies - sounds nice but the translation is: the largest amount of people who`ve seen it,didn`t like it,out of all Star Wars movies and the further prove of that is in Solo which didnt even break even,after TLJ people lost interest in Star Wars as a whole.So I don`t think copying that writting would be a good idea:p

Ugh
Please notice I did not raise the romance with Quinn - which btw is a plot point in itself
Ofcourse Quinn rose the bar of how awesome a character can be but that doesn`t take any validity of the plot points I mentioned.If you build up a mystery and the answer to said mystery is nothing,than thats crap,even worse if you just drop the mystery alltogether.

Yes,we also have Bella and Jill paths,that do not include Quinn so far but could those 2 paths carry the weight of the game,make it interesting,with what we have so far?No offense to the lovers of those 2 ladies but I don`t think so.

TheKnight

Jul 7, 2018
Kinda, yeah - DIK is "I'm Alpha and you're either female (pretty is fine, everything else not so much) or Beta (at best)" - Chick is "I'm a kind person, a good listener, etc." - and the ladies will react to that differently (e.g. Sage leans more towards DIK, Maya more towards Chick)
But don't forget: There's also the neutral option...
thanks for the explanation , but what u suggest me to try first , i know it depends on my preference and mood , but i am curious what u chose the first time.

Reactions: icesun

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
If there was no letter it could be just Diks wanting to annoy jocks. But I'm not sure I want that Common I had to fight chad for nothing. So I go with sally theory that geeky nerd girl seduced one of dik and blueballed him after installing camera and stole his phone.
There was a note,it said something in the lines of - "is this your big secret?" we didn`t seen the picture with the secret though and I`m not sure we really want to...

icesun

Be nice! Until it's time to not be nice...
Former Staff
Nov 2, 2018
thanks for the explanation , but what u suggest me to try first , i know it depends on my preference and mood , but i am curious what u chose the first time.
I just do what feels right and I'm neutral with a slight tendency towards chick... ...which aligns quite well with me preferring Maya over Sage (or better preferring Maya in general). But I always do that "what I feel like" in my first run - and go for the specialized stuff later.
PS: I do have a separate savegame line for "the Quinn stuff", though - didn't want to wait for that until the game's done... ;)

Last edited:

JollyGeorgieM

Apr 14, 2019
We can put the Quinn debate in the ground with a single question. Is the game better with Quinn in it? I think it's clear - objectively - that it is. Is she critical to the story, is she nice, is she irreplaceable? Even if we say no to all of those, the major question remains a yes. So.

1575582921669.png

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
We can put the Quinn debate in the ground with a single question. Is the game better with Quinn in it? I think it's clear - objectively - that it is. Is she critical to the story, is she nice, is she irreplaceable? Even if we say no to all of those, the major question remains a yes. So.

View attachment 479215
Quinn is love, Quinn is life :love:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
So, another character suspected of being gay, huh? I wonder why I keep landing on the other side of the fence in these debates. For me, Jamie didn't come across as gay. I always read it as his DIK brother is gay, and specifically gay for Jamie, and keeps trying to rope him into gay shit in the hopes Jamie will love him back. But Jamie, as he says himself, has standards (even though he's dating Dany... shaky leg to stand on, bro). And those standards are about women - he's not even considering dudes.

For reference, I also said Chad is not gay - he just doesn't like Sage. That one seems pretty obvious to me; she's a status symbol, a trophy for the jock so to speak, and nothing more. The phone sex thing seems pretty clear. And I really do feel that at least Josy (if not Maya as well) is not gay either. Maya might well be bi, but Josy really seems like she was only dating Maya because her father was a poor example of men and her stepbrother Tommy was an even worse one. She was lonely and found comfort in eager Maya's arms. But when she found an actually good guy (us!) she experienced real feelings... and here we are.

Controversial take? Idk. One thing I'm sure we can all agree on though is: the last season of GoT sucked donkey balls. :sick:
It could be that Chad isn't into Sage, but it's not gay. But him being gay right now explains everything without having to asume anything else (Occam's razor). The conversation isn't very clear either, I read it trying to figure out the sex of the person calling and it was written in a way that made it impossible to know. (It could be a man wearing female lingerie).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
PS: To this day I'm not entirely sure how much that backlash contributed towards DPC being hostile towards this site...
There is a LOT more went on that just players and Acting Lessons.

There was a lot of "back stage" stuff went on with various devs and crossovers that turned into absolute shit shows to the point where there are now devs that flat out refuse to work with him.

I was working with 2 of the devs involved when the shit hit the fan.

Probably a combination of a lot of things put him off this place but I know there are more than a few that enjoy his work as a dev but dislike him as a person.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018

View attachment 479215
In terms of an antagonist who in the game actually comes close to her in terms of dividing opinion? None of the jocks or the Diks come close not even that fool Burke. There is a lot of trash around :sneaky: and they just don't compete.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
In terms of an antagonist who in the game actually comes close to her in terms of dividing opinion? None of the jocks or the Diks come close not even that fool Burke. There is a lot of trash around :sneaky: and they just don't compete.
I think Tybalt will be the real antagonist. Quinn has a lovable side to her, deep down :ROFLMAO:. Tybalt is presented in a way to makes us players not like him.

Last edited:

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Ofcourse Quinn rose the bar of how awesome a character can be but that doesn`t take any validity of the plot points I mentioned.
Of course not. Plots can change or fade into nothingness if a party involved is removed for whatever reason. The game at whole wouldn't fall apart. A few seemingly promising point of interest would get an early ending but thats about it. Everything else would just change accordingly, accomodate, move on. Those plot elements are interesting but not essential.

You'd say its poor writing while its just too much realism in truth. None of us want our loved ones die in real life. But life do kill them off occasionally. Like it or not. Terrible storytelling? :sneaky:

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Of course not. Plots can change or fade into nothingness if a party involved is removed for whatever reason. The game at hole wouldn't fall apart. A few seemingly promising point of interest would get an early ending but thats about it. Everything else would just change accordingly, accomodate, move on. Those plot elements are interesting but not essential.

You'd say its poor writing while its just too much realism in truth. None of us want our loved ones die in real life. But life do kill them off occasionally. Like it or not. Terrible storytelling? :sneaky:
There's two things to that. You can have an interesting plot and at some point kill everyone and leave it there. That would be realistic, but it would be unsatisfactory and bad storytelling. Realism is good to an extent. ASOIAF played well that way of killing characters without making it a cheap way of finishing plotlines. It could be done, but it should be done very carefully.

TheKnight

Jul 7, 2018
I just do what feels right and I'm neutral with a slight tendency towards chick... ...which aligns quite well with me preferring Maya over Sage (or better preferring Maya in general). But I always do that "what I feel like" in my first run - and go for the specialized stuff later.
PS: I do have a separate savegame line for "the Quinn stuff", though - didn't want to wait for that until the game's done... ;)
hmmm interesting , thanks for your help a lot ;D u told u there are natural results that will happen if not in either CHICK or DIK route , so i guess i will follow what i want at first time , then try both paths .
again thanks ;D

Reactions: Gods and icesun

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I think Tybalt will be the real antagonist. Quinn has a lovable side to her, deep down :ROFLMAO:. Tybalt is presented in a way to makes us players not like him.
Well, he is a weasel-like rich kid looks down on people that he deems lower than himself can we take a guy that fucks watermelons seriously? Most likely a little snitch as well it sounds pretty familiar :p

name88 - King of Hearts

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2017
Of course not. Plots can change or fade into nothingness if a party involved is removed for whatever reason. The game at whole wouldn't fall apart. A few seemingly promising point of interest would get an early ending but thats about it. Everything else would just change accordingly, accomodate, move on. Those plot elements are interesting but not essential.

They can and that`s exactly what TLJ did - every set up,every established rule,characters,relationships - changed,led to nothing,cut off short - Technically The SW universe/franchise did not fall apart,it continued but it became something else entirely.It would be like starting different game in a middle of this one.

No my problem is not realism nor my subjective taste,what I like or dislike,want or don`t want to happen,its being consistent with what you established,following through.If you establish character as smart and suddenly that character starts acting dumb than thats bad writting,now if the same character would do something horrible but consistent with that character - I might dislike it but it wouldn`t breake the story or made the writting bad.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes