RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I think he said about a month, but don't quote me on that.
Yeah he said that. Got this searching the thread.
Being a DIK - Season 1 is coming to Steam!

This week is my first week as a full-time adult game developer and I'm going to start it off big-time by announcing the upcoming release of Being a DIK - Season 1 on Steam!

Episodes 1-4 (Season 1) will be published on Steam approximately one month after the Patreon release. There will be a first week discount of 10%.

I will make sure that all patrons will get the chance to get the game here on Patreon for $5 before publishing it on Steam.

After it's been published on Steam, Season 1 will be available in the $10 tier here on Patreon, since Steam needs me to treat customers equally.

What's the difference between Patreon and Steam versions?
You will get the same experience with the Patreon and Steam versions, with the following exceptions:

Steam has achievements to hunt for.
Steam will have collectibles (trading cards, badges, emoticons, profile backgrounds).
Steam releases will be full seasons only. You buy the base game and then each new season is sold as DLC.
Saved games on Steam might not be compatible with Patreon versions during development.
This means that being a patron will always get you new episodes faster than Steam, as they are posted during development of each new season.

Cheers

Dr PinkCake

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

drcynic22

Dec 5, 2018
Man, January seems like such a long way off, but my girl Maya will keep. No expiration date on her.... unlike Quinn.

N7

セブン
Staff member
Donor
Apr 5, 2017

Download the attachment to this post to get the document.

Current version:

Being a DIK - The complete official guide - Season 1 - Ep 1-3 - v0.1.0

The guide will be updated after and between episodes.

Cheers

Dr PinkCake
/
added to op.

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
Just checked the walkthrough have to say it is good but only difference between fan made and DPC's is it tells you how to get lewd scenes and where to find renders with picture to help you.
Don't get me wrong afterall he knows whats best for him but $15 for this walkthrough a big no
View attachment 486362
Well that`s a new look
She looks friendlier,a bit older,that`s how I imagine her after marriage and giving birth to our babies

Edit Lilly is not included anywhere,not in the side girls not in the hots not in other characters wtf is going on,reality is changing yet again
Maybe he forgot her.

despelote

May 26, 2017
Just checked the walkthrough have to say it is good but only difference between fan made and DPC's is it tells you how to get lewd scenes and where to find renders with picture to help you.
Don't get me wrong afterall he knows whats best for him but $15 for this walkthrough a big no

Maybe he forgot her.
yes the character site is not complete, for example the freshman (Ashley) is missing, furthermore the pdf only seems to be a image pdf, which makes a search for texts not possible, too bad :(

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
I did about a half-hour of research.

Wolfschadowe has been active on his own forum as late as early November. At that time he was fussing with re-modeling some of his characters. He also was asking for suggestions for a Never Have I Ever mini-game. Nothing from him since then, though. Certainly no timetable for release.

His problems are at least twofold: he keeps messing with the mechanics - he recently considered porting the game to the Unreal engine, but abandoned the idea (after considerable experimentation) because the animations didn't work for him; the game itself is so complex, with dozens (perhaps even hundreds) of possible branches, that testing is a nightmare - I shudder to think what the scripts look like.
after 2 years? good fucking job lol, a few months ago I remembered that game and wanted to check it out as a joke... Just to say "Wow man, time passes real fast, it's only been years after the last patch and see? Even BEW got a patch.", then I saw there was no news about updates xD lmao
But I agree, the game's branching was very well done up to the latest patch. I don't know what happened and honestly, I don't care as well

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018
If you bothered to click the link to DPC's patreon you'd know it was due early january.
lets not rush it. I expect it to be february. He did say he has beta testing, and polishing etc. But you didnt take in account that Christmas and NewYear are coming and he will spend his time with family and close persons to enjoy holidays . Also some game breaking bugs or errors may appear, so add 1 , 2 weeks to fix it properly to make the best release possible and we should get our baby ready in February.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
lets not rush it. I expect it to be february. He did say he has beta testing, and polishing etc. But you didnt take in account that Christmas and NewYear are coming and he will spend his time with family and close persons to enjoy holidays . Also some game breaking bugs or errors may appear, so add 1 , 2 weeks to fix it properly to make the best release possible and we should get our baby ready in February.
You seem to be reading more into my post that was there. The only thing I was suggesting was that people make the smallest amount of effort possible before spamming the thread with repeated 'UPDATE WHEN' posts. It took 2, maybe 3 mouse clicks to find out about the update, the person I replied to could have done the same.

Reactions: D Dog

Xaøs

Game Developer
May 25, 2019
I think Early January is most probable he is not like other devs who gives release date and not fulfill it. He must be sure that his all work would be completed before January so even if there is any delay he would have more 10-12 days. Also he said beta-testing will take 2 weeks I'm not sure but I don't think it would take that long.

bubbatony

Oct 6, 2019
Nicely done game. I saw it before but didn't try it, I guess I was a little burnt out on school stuff at the time. This one is not a typical school setting imho, kinda grew on me. Maybe we will see updates.

Ankhesenamun

Dec 17, 2017
Nicely done game. I saw it before but didn't try it, I guess I was a little burnt out on school stuff at the time. This one is not a typical school setting imho, kinda grew on me. Maybe we will see updates.
Agreed, but PinkCake always manages to extrapolate common and mundane settings into good story arcs even if it means burning someone to death and giving terminal cancer to your best friend

Speaking of which, I'm wondering how many updates until the MC's father gets Glocked or something. Come on, we're all seeing it coming.

No?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes