look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
The story might be different, but the author is still trying to make a sensible story. And cheating, which has been a big deal in AL, is still very much a serious issue in this game. Hell, the issues of every single LI besides Jill include cheating. The whole reason we were first involved with Sage was so that she could uncover proofs of Chad cheating. She even had binoculars to spy on him! If we ever become her boyfriend, I highly doubt MC will be able to get away with bedding every girl he comes across and expect her to be cool with it, don't you think so? Otherwise, her integrity and character consistency will turn out to be non-existent and make her look worse in retrospect.

This is why being unable to fuck every girl and ultimately having to make a choice is, in my opinion, inevitable. And you should be prepared for it. All the same, this wouldn't mean BADIK is the same game. It has set itself apart with the different setting, characters and mechanics. Having a similarity that is ultimately all about realism and character consistency won't ruin the author's creativity.
At this point, BaDIK being DPC's second game, we still can't be exactly sure, if any particular move is an element of his style or if it was a one-time thing. There are two main points around many major theories: "He did it in AL, so it's his style and it will happen again in BaDIK" and "He already did it in AL, he can't play the same cards, especially the most crucial ones.
Specifically cheating problem - yes, it's a big one, but so far many characters stated things like "we're not dating, it's ok for you to see other people". But I believe there will come a point when the relationships become serious. At that point I believe cheating might have the same impact as in AL.

Reactions: PJWhoopie

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I remember a time when I could read all the posts in this thread; now that time is gone. I fear that one day, going by the current acceleration, that the last page could be out of sight and out of reach; just like the part of the Universe that we can never see due to its expansion surpassing the speed of light. We would click on the last page, only to find that there are new ones after it already. :LOL:
Thing is there is a lot of good posts but there is also quite a few bad ones I think one of the earlier pages there was like just a full-blown conversation and nothing about the game :ROFLMAO: I've noticed a few of the newer regulars haven't been around as much since the update.

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
At this point, BaDIK being DPC's second game, we still can't be exactly sure, if any particular move is an element of his style or if it was a one-time thing. There are two main points around many major theories: "He did it in AL, so it's his style and it will happen again in BaDIK" and "He already did it in AL, he can't play the same cards, especially the most crucial ones.
Specifically cheating problem - yes, it's a big one, but so far many characters stated things like "we're not dating, it's ok for you to see other people". But I believe there will come a point when the relationships become serious. At that point I believe cheating might have the same inpact as in AL.
My point exactly. To me, the relationship becoming serious enough that sleeping around won't be okay anymore is inevitable. Particularly when you have characters with starkly different motivations. Jill seems to be more after a serious relationship, while Sage seems content with being friends with benefits, for now at least. But there is a reason she's considered a love interest, and set apart from the side-girls who aren't romantically involved with MC at all. At one point, I think Sage would like a relationship upgrade, and she'll most likely have the same expectations towards you as she had towards Chad.

So yeah, we better get ready to make the hardest choices.

Traitus

Aug 6, 2017
The story might be different, but the author is still trying to make a sensible story. And cheating, which has been a big deal in AL, is still very much a serious issue in this game. In fact, the issues of every single LI besides Jill include cheating.

Hell, the whole reason we were first involved with Sage was so that she could uncover proofs of Chad cheating. She even had binoculars to spy on him! If we ever become her boyfriend, I highly doubt MC will be able to get away with bedding every girl he comes across and expect her to be cool with it, don't you think so? Otherwise, her integrity and character consistency will turn out to be non-existent and make her look worse in retrospect.

This is why being unable to fuck every girl and ultimately having to make tough choices is, in my opinion, inevitable. In fact, it's already happening. To be able to fuck Jade, you need to either break up or be rejected by Josy and Maya. All the same, this wouldn't mean BADIK is the same game. It has set itself apart with the different setting, characters and mechanics. Having a similarity that is ultimately all about realism and character consistency won't ruin the author's creativity.
Sage's problem isn't Chad cheating. It's being neglected and cheated. Isn't her not enought? What does that girl has that she lacks? Our goal is to make her realize that she is the best and Chad an idiot.

E.l.l.0

Feb 1, 2018
I believe the point where the story ends for now is just the start of the growth just after the lowest point in the beginning and middle of episode 4. Essentially I think if you pick the triangle option, in future updates you can grow into it's centerpiece instead of the third wheel.
As for remaining friends with them, there was an interesting theory by Mechaforce that their relationship without you will eventually end and you'll be able to pick one or both girls separately, If you'd so like.
That's also what I said here some time ago. I don't think the people that only want one of the girls should give up hope. Imho, it could be possible to:

1. maintain the current triangle relation;

2. being able to pursue only one of the girls;

3. avoid the relation entirely and let the girls continue their relation the way it was before we entered the picture;

I think it is feasible, but we'll have a better idea if this is what'll happen or not in the next update.

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Thing is there is a lot of good posts but there is also quite a few bad ones I think one of the earlier pages there was like just a full-blown conversation and nothing about the game :ROFLMAO: I've noticed a few of the newer regulars haven't been around as much since the update.
This particular thread just blows up sometimes, and F95's alert thing tends to fuck up a lot and not show updates when it should unless you manually click on the "Watched" link.
For example, I posted way back during Ep1 and Ep2, then the notifications stopped and I came back to find like 500 extra pages of shit for Ep3, which I obviously just skipped, stuck around for a bit until the notifications stopped again and bam, suddenly we're on page 1600 or some such with Ep4 being released.

If you don't keep on top of this one, you come back to nearly 100 pages of crap and you're totally lost. :LOL:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Sage is at her 4th year at college right?, MC just started, what will happen when Sage graduates?
If we pursue Sage and once she graduates I think she would stick around for the MC probably get her own place near the college or as close as she can and perhaps invite the MC to stay with her on the route with her she is falling for him and I can't see her wanting to give that up.

look_skywalker

Oct 13, 2019
That's also what I said here some time ago. I don't think the people that only want one of the girls should give up hope. Imho, it could be possible to:

1. maintain the current triangle relation;

2. being able to pursue only one of the girls;

3. avoid the relation entirely and let the girls continue their relation the way it was before we entered the picture;

I think it is feasible, but we'll have a better idea if this is what'll happen or not in the next update.
Yes, we'll just have to see, how it plays out. Do you have to start the relationship as a triangle and modify it from there? Or if you want different kind of relationship you have to start by being friends? Will DPC really let us maintain triangle to the game ending? Many people think he will not, based on that it didn't happen in AL. But hey, this is a different game. Anything can happen. Not every game has to follow the same set of drama.
There's an example of Daniels K's games, which fits here well. I'll put details in a spoiler in case someone hasn't played them and still intends to, because I mention ending-related topics there.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: E.l.l.0

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Chad has fucked Sage in the ass and she likes anal but she won't let MC try her sweet ass because of his Major D? That's just cruel Sage :(
and one other thing, Sage is at her 4th year at college right?, MC just started, what will happen when Sage graduates? :unsure:
It's not that she won't let MC fuck her in the ass. She just wouldn't be able to stay quiet enough to do it on the down-low in the sorority house. So we just need to buy some equipment.
il_570xN.1908211888_a8jb.jpg

TrollTimes

Aug 29, 2017
Some people may have been only interested in Josy and Maya, but did you really expect them to break up with each other just to be with you? I mean, Josy was only with you on a summer break in which you've barely interacted, and Maya literally just met you a few weeks ago. Of course you were going to start out as the third wheel, but even so, you can choose which one you'll sleep next to, which could mean you will be able to choose later on.

Now, this situation could have been avoided if they weren't in a relationship at all, but it's too late for that.

So you'll have to either accept this love triangle for the chance to end up with at least one of them, or walk and find someone else. There was no other way around it without damaging the story any further.

Last edited:

android3231

Jan 29, 2019
Serious question. Is there somebody who played AL and Life is Strange? I have AL downloaded but I don't want to play it if the ending has bigger impact. Life is Strange had me depressed for like a month

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes