VN - Ren'Py - Being a DIK [v0.10.1] [DrPinkCake]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

Without a doubt the best college AVN here. Dev really put a lot of effort to the game. Nice story but remember it's a college visual novel story so it has its flaws too. But without a doubt this one is a top tier. The hype is real. Loved all the girls like many I'm also simping for Jill. Bella, Sage , Quinn, Nicole they comes next for me. Each girl has their own stories and problems. There is some wholes moments. And damn partying too gives a real partying vibe.
    And there are nice mini games too. Gameplay this one damn looong game. Renders are the best. Girl models too they are well polished. Game got some nice musics too. This one is surely worth playing

PROS

* Excellent renders and animations
    * Good plot
    * Good writing
    * Beautiful girls with personalities
    * Being a DIK or a CHICK have their own benefits dialogues are different in both path
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ldarendra

nice game i love this game than other visual novel this is the game what i looking for, but when the update will be release i can't wait any longer..
    oh yeah the charracter that you create is good.. can you add an internal view it will be perfect for this game
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Stratos_69

One of the best game so far, a good quality scenes and pictures, a good story a nice plot and some humor with some songs who are literally match to the scenes that we play.
    Each updates is just a good tease for every of us.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Stan2020

Being A DIK - Version 0.7.2 review .

What we have here is a fairly simple premise:

You're a guy experiencing his new independent life as a college student . And with that , drama, comedy, romance, partying and lots of sex ensure .

It isn't a revolutionary story by any means.
    I'd even argue that there are adult visual novels out there with a much more unique premise.

But you know what?
    That doesn't matter.

Because - as simple as this whole premise is - it is one most of us will and can deeply relate to .

And I'm sure some people will find this college-setting to be nostalgic; even if their real college lives wasn't as unrealistically exaggerated as this one. ^^

Content-wise; this thing is insane!
    In the 9 plus hours that you'll be playing this game, you'll find:

○Mini games that I found oddly addictive rather than frustrating (which is quite rare in a visual novel.)

○Countless sexual encounters to unlock, alongside a slew of great SEXY girls with actual , "real-feeling" personalities to pursue.

○Limitless choices to shape your character's personality.

Lastly.

This has - hands down - some of the best character animations and rendering I've ever seen in ANY visual novel.
    Really top-of-the-line kind of stuff.

I am just really stunned at the quality of this thing.

It truly is the pinnacle of adult visual novels and one that devs with enough financial support in the community should look at and think: "I aspire for my game to on the same level as Being a Dik." (This is just that good!)

My personal overall verdict:

An absolutely peerless and astounding work that has set a new benchmark for future avns.

5/5.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

CheetoInChief

Bought this game on Steam, then saw there was a Season 2 on Patreon. Subbed to that as well and don't regret basically purchasing the game twice. I have found very few VN's that do story as well as this one. Truly a work of art and can't wait for Chapter 8 to finally be done.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Erebus1

++Great Characters
    ++Great Writing
    ++Great Scenes

+ So far not as harsh as AL. ;)

I mostly (;) )play these games for their character arcs and overall story.
    I have been very happy with season 1 and everything else up to the end of season2e7.

Can't wait for more.

+Purchased on steam after playing it here...
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Mr.Albania

I saw how popular this game was but I only got to checking it out a week ago.
    I'm not dissapointed:
    - story starts off VERY good. the best
    - humor is spot on
    - most of the characters look different
    - the settings is well made
    - the mc is great!

the bad
    - skin of characters looks kind of bland
    - girls have similar personalities

Good game and I'm looking forward to the next release!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

TroubleMaker69

Being a DIK is the apex of the adult visual novel genre. The developer pays close attention to the story's smallest aspects. Many people have interesting characters, even if they are only secondary or tertiary. The show is simply incredible. With apps like texting, rooster, and Swyper, the phone mechanism greatly aids in world construction. Even with the minigame switched off, it took me over twelve hours to complete one playing. Many of my favorite AVNs on this site are really being influenced by Being a DIK.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

toshi_ro

I'm actually enjoying the writing for this VN - sure there are parts that are corny as fuck and some unrealistically low levels of inhibitions but as a whole, the story has drama, comedy and some pretty good emotional touch-points that feels human. Renders are top-notch and episodes are quite sizeable. One of the better VNs to get involved with!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Stabby Mike

Started playing this a month ago and was able to unlock all scenes/gallery by playing through it multiple times. The content is massive that it still surprises you at some point during game completion. This definitely deserves the #1 spot. Will grit my teeth while waiting for the next update.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Zlatoslava

Awesome game! Really impressive ammount of content, entertaining storyline, nice renders, animations, a lot of girls, many locations to explore (even in free-roam mod), hidden objects (exclusive renders) witch can spice up your game, several minigames, plenty of soundtracks. Overall one of the most advanced RenPy` games up to date everyone should try.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

DiskMatter

It is still in progress, so rating may change depending how it finishes, but I doubt it will, I hope it won't.

One of the good ones out there, it is engaging, complex, well thought out and plenty of content.

It trully feels like you are experiencing it rather than just playing it. Great character, great bromance (all good stories need a good bromance, even those without bros). Good humor and sweet characters.

With a name like Dr. PinkCake, either the Dev was going to be one of the worst ones or one of the top ones, and I think my rating tells where this one belongs.

Keep up the good work guys/girls.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

ΔIK

One of the best games I have ever played. Maybe the best game on this site. Great graphics, attention to detail, dialogue, and a very well-written story. The only negative is, it takes more time for a new update, but for a gem like this, I won't complain.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Creepy4dude

1-liner: One of the best games I have ever played. Waiting for the next update :D

The content is very structured and detail oriented. The storyline is just above average but the amount of details and realism it has is outstanding. People who have pledged to frats can understand this. The way MC is burdened with frat and girls as soon as college life begins is relatable to many. Most of the models in-game are excellent. Mini-games especially the brawls and pancake making were interesting to me. It acted as a filler whenever I was burdened with a lot of story content cramped together (this is not a bad thing as it speaks about the quality of each update - with every path progressing at a considerable rate). This game forces us to replay to see other paths possible as we get invested in the girls' lives easily.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

O Captain My Captain

(Last version played 0.7.2)
    Maybe the best game in this site. Very enjoyable to play. Great graphics. A very, very well written story, with a grat balance of comedy and drama, a masterful use of brick jokes and unexpected consequences of the player's actions, even many chapters later. Hours of fun. Very replayable. It has it all. It sets the bar for the other games to be measured against.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Babyyyy

Yeah so its an amazing game with a great story and visuals lots of things to do lots of characters to date it feels like your choices actually matter in the game it has a fun mini games in it which are basically test of skills and knowledge your character develops trough your actions which is incredibly cool overall a great game
  17. 5.00 star(s)

sam gil

great music, good plot. The Plot is good in the fact that it allows plenty of content, lots of character development. The creator is a big fan of of using different music for different scenarios. The game has plenty of mini games which are fun to do such as fighting. This games customizes difficulty for the mini games.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Infinitygamer06

Absolutely the best game on this website and the best game I have ever played. I have always had a good time playing this game, and the animations are top-notch, so is the storyline. I can not recommend this game more
  19. 5.00 star(s)

hahanoyes

v0.72
    Ill make my review short and to the point.

Being a DIK is not just a good sex game, it is a good game period.

The attention to detail, the dialogue, the consequences to your actions the minigames and everything else is just top tier.

However my only complaint is that I wish that there was a way to just reject some girls in the game, like seriously, I am not attracted to X and I want her out of my (in game) life, but the game keeps on pairing me up with her.

9.5/10
  20. 4.00 star(s)

wiwem71072

My review of Being a DIK [v0.7.2]

There isn't much to be said that hasn't been said by 900+ other reviewers, so I'll just give a quick rundown.

This game is the best game on this site, in my opinion, even though I don't even like college games.

All characters (apart from the comic-relief rich guys) act and talk like real people and the main characters have enough interesting stuff going, they could have been made MC of the game and it would still a be great story.
    The story is mostly realistic, slightly exaggerated to never be boring, and the right mix between sad/happy/neutral/funny moments.
    It is linear with a lot of branching later on, and scenes can change dramatically depending what choices you picked, even if you made them quite a while ago.
    I usually never laugh, but when an old choice that I've already had almost forgotten about dramatically changed a certain character's college presentation at the end of chapter 7 I was laughing uncontrollably for about half a minute.
    The scene directly after (last scene of the chapter) where you see a minor character that you've only seen briefly the very beginning of the game with one of the story's main characters was absolutely mind-blowing.
    The story generally is so good I still remember all of it, even though it has been many months since Chapter 7 was released.

Speaking about presentation the graphics also look very good.
    The female characters are all attractive and very varied, with no sameface- or samebody-syndrome.
    Music in freeroam mode or when nothing special is happening is a selection of generic, but good sounding music, that is randomly chosen and can be skipped over if you don't like a specific track.
    Special scenes have their own music that really add to the atmosphere and improve the scene at lot.
    One scene with Quinn is so good I regularly rewatch/listen to it outside of the game.

So after all the praise here's also some minor flaws:
    - MC's dad looks like a creepy Nathan Drake clone with shiny skin and chrome teeth in Chapter 1 - This should maybe be re-rendered.
    - MC's dad is basically the perfect father with zero flaws - This feels a bit unrealistic compared to the other characters.
    - There are two currencies in the game: Normal dollars and dollar symbols (which are capped at a very small amount and you never know when you will need them or when you can get more again without backtracking) - I recommend just cheating here.
    - The navigation through new buildings by clicking random arrows on the screen can be very confusing and time-consuming. In the later chapters you can select the rooms directly, but I don't know if that's the base game or from a mod.
    - Not all the girls that players are interested in have routes as-of-yet
    - With the huge amount of money the developer makes (well deserved!) it would be nice if the game had full voice acting instead of just text.
    - Now lastly the biggest flaw: New updates are basically like the Game Of Thrones books - Great writing, but the waiting between each update can feel like years.

Overall it is an amazing game that I would recommend to anyone - even people that don't play games or visual novels.

edit:
    Chapter 8, where you suddenly have to commit to a single love interest and break up with everyone else, ruined the game for me.
    First, it doesn't really make sense for MC to suddenly become a pussy, after fucking almost every single girl in the game.
    Secondly, the breakups are extremely anti-climatic and feel like they were written by a bad AI chatbot (completely out-of-character dialogue for some girls).

Then in the later chapters another problem appears...
    Instead of content, the amount of obnoxious freeroam minigames suddenly explodes — turning trying out different routes into a big chore instead of fun.

TLDR: I don't see this game going anywhere, but I would still recommend playing it for earlier chapters, because they're very good and contain lots of content.
    Just be warned that the fun ends at the end of episode 8 (chapter 1).