mindern

Jul 7, 2017
Very difficult to say at this stage. I know a lot of people would like to see her again, but aside from being Chad's lover (a common theory on this thread), it's hard to see how else she could come back and for what purpose.
She could come back for pure drama generation. If she turns up and she’s in a bit of a bind... broken up with the boyfriend or whatever and need a place to crash she could be a centralised target for the other girls jealousy. Obviously that’s assuming there are consequences for being “casual” with everyone. This isn’t a theory, just an idea. If DPC wanted to show jealousy or girls regretting not being exclusive she’s a tidy way to write it.

Writing the LI’s being upset he’s dating other people would be a clusterfuck to account for all the variations on who you can date. If the Ex girlfriend comes back all the routes could focus on her as the “im jealous, can we be exclusive” target.

The games setting itself up for MC to be dating other people and his chosen LI and that isn’t sustainable. Bringing in a consistent “target” of jealously (even if you’re not forced to be sexual with her, just her presence as the Ex living with him would do) makes writing 100 times easier. Every route could focus on her and not have to account for other LI’s.

Just an idea. Without her any consequences for dating half the campus becomes hard to write.... if he even wanted consequences for that. This isn’t a theory just a way she could be introduced and serve a purpose.

Edit: she could also become this games Ana. The default should you reject everyone else.

Last edited:

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
Guys, what do you think, are we going to see Zoey in one of the next episodes?
I think it would be cool to get another scene with her. Maybe some kind of ending with her, if we don’t pick any of the girls.
Not that bothered about seeing the ex again personally. A swapper chat with her could be cool though.

I certainly wouldn’t want the ending defaulting to her. If there’s endings outside the main 5 I hope it’s with the side girl of choice.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
She could come back for pure drama generation. If she turns up and she’s in a bit of a bind... broken up with the boyfriend or whatever and need a place to crash she could be a centralised target for the other girls jealousy.

Writing the LI’s being upset he’s dating other people would be a clusterfuck to account for all the variations on who you can date. If the Ex girlfriend comes back all the routes could focus on her as the “im jealous, can we be exclusive” target.

The games setting itself up for MC to be dating other people and his chosen LI and that isn’t sustainable. Bringing in a consistent “target” of jealously (even if you’re not forced to be sexual with her, just her presence as the Ex living with him would do) makes writing 100 times easier. Every route could focus on her and not have to account for other LI’s.

Just an idea. Without her any consequences for dating half the campus becomes hard to write.... if he even wanted consequences for that. This isn’t a theory just a way she could be introduced and serve a purpose.
In terms of drama building, I could see Zoey returning as either Chad's lover or Quinn's supplier.

As Chad's lover, this could create quite a bit of drama within the MC/Sage relationship, not only with the MC's feelings in terms of seeing his former lover/sort-of girlfriend with Chad, but also with Sage finding out she's the MC's former lover/sort-of girlfriend.

As Quinn's supplier, this makes her something of a villain in the story and could really rock the MC to his core to find out that she's gone down such a dark path, and make him conflicted if he has to go against his former lover/sort-of girlfriend in order to possibly help Quinn.

A possible third option is that something happens that really messes with his current life and he reaches out to her for advice, and either she shows up at the college or they chat over video call and she helps him through a tough spot as well as giving him closure on what they were to each other and could have been if she hadn't left.

But, as I've said, whilst I don't rule out her coming back at some point, I'm not holding my breath that it will happen.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Is it even scientifically possible for someone to decide that not a single one of the girls in this game interest them?
I did try a "No sex please" run, purely for science. It turns out it is theoretically possible (excluding the Zoey flashback, obviously), though astronomically improbable outside of the laboratory. And the MC will still express more than a little interest in the LIs.

As far as Zoey, I suspect she will reappear someday, but we'll probably see some groundwork laid first. To that end, perhaps she'll send the MC a message for his upcoming birthday?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Stark9999999

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
In terms of drama building, I could see Zoey returning as either Chad's lover or Quinn's supplier.

As Chad's lover, this could create quite a bit of drama within the MC/Sage relationship, not only with the MC's feelings in terms of seeing his former lover/sort-of girlfriend with Chad, but also with Sage finding out she's the MC's former lover/sort-of girlfriend.

As Quinn's supplier, this makes her something of a villain in the story and could really rock the MC to his core to find out that she's gone down such a dark path, and make him conflicted if he has to go against his former lover/sort-of girlfriend in order to possibly help Quinn.

A possible third option is that something happens that really messes with his current life and he reaches out to her for advice, and either she shows up at the college or they chat over video call and she helps him through a tough spot as well as giving him closure on what they were to each other and could have been if she hadn't left.

But, as I've said, whilst I don't rule out her coming back at some point, I'm not holding my breath that it will happen.
Any drama over her being chad’s lover would seem forced to me but then there was very forced drama with the whole maya/josey thing.

The drug supplier angle I can see. Adding more of a face to that villain.

Suppose If he ends up estranged from father over family drama she could be an alternative advice conduit from that part of his life.

Reactions: Hrllav

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Suppose If he ends up estranged from father over family drama
You don't think something would happen there, would it? the relationship between the MC and Neil is something I've enjoyed the theories if something bad was to happen to the Dad would be devastating. I don't think this letter will change anything between the two it would be just so strange seeing the MC angry at his Dad.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
You don't think something would happen there, would it? the relationship between the MC and Neil is something I've enjoyed the theories if something bad was to happen to the Dad would be devastating. I don't think this letter will change anything between the two it would be just so strange seeing the MC angry at his Dad.
It never even occurred to me that MC and Neil would end up estranged although I suppose if one of the students (not an LI) is related to his late mother then I suppose he could hear another side to his family history, that, even though it would be untrue, would sour their relationship for a while.

I'm actually more worried about MC bringing up his dad in relation to fixing up the Dik's mansion. Common sense suggests that MC would contact Neil to get the names of suppliers of cheap building material and you just know his dad would insist on helping out. My fear is that the Alphas will come to what they started.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This has been discussed quite a bit and it's obviously not easy to keep up with everything, but people did initially think that it could be her until it was recalled that during the scene in ep 2 where Chad is on the phone to his lover, Melanie is in the gym on the treadmill so it can't be her.

Reactions: Ghostly

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I don't think this letter will change anything between the two it would be just so strange seeing the MC angry at his Dad.
I'm probably way out in the left field with this theory but...

The primary reason MC was so angry at Maya & Josy was that he felt that both girls had lied to him. What if, Neil had also lied to MC all these years and mom didn't die, but actually abandoned them? Maybe she was just young and wild and never intended to start a family with Neil, but could not come to grips with an abortion, so she gave birth, then left MC to Neil, and just walked away? And that Neil was just making up stories to cover for that? It could explain Neil's faulty memory.

Before anybody says this is too far-fetched, that is the real life story of a friend.

On the other hand, Neil did say the letter wasn't something bad, so my theory is highly unlikely.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
There's equal amounts of evidence for almost every girl in the game, ie. none. I say almost because we can rule out Sage, Maya and Josy and, if we go with the gay theory, MC and Derek but pretty much everyone else is fair game.

I did suggest at one point that I thought it was Mel but I'd forgotten there was a Melanie in the game; I meant Tybalt's waterMelon.

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
sage phones MC saying Chad is on the phone with the girl he’s cheating with. Tells him to go to the gym. When you get to the gym Melanie isn’t on the phone and Chad is.

The timeline would imply he’s been on the phone with the girl he’s seeing during the time MC sees her.

it’s not 100% impossible but as it stands it looks like she can’t be unless chad called her twice.

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I did try a "No sex please" run, purely for science. It turns out it is theoretically possible (excluding the Zoey flashback, obviously), though astronomically improbable outside of the laboratory. And the MC will still express more than a little interest in the LIs.
For such a scenario the dev would probably have MC suffer performance issues when he did finally try.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Common sense suggests that MC would contact Neil to get the names of suppliers of cheap building material and you just know his dad would insist on helping out. My fear is that the Alphas will come to what they started.
I hope that doesn't become the case but damn what a scene that would be if DPC pulled that off or perhaps with the Jocks it was intended as a prank and goes horribly wrong. Damn all these negative thoughts are no good. (n)

The primary reason MC was so angry at Maya & Josy was that he felt that both girls had lied to him. What if, Neil had also lied to MC all these years and mom didn't die, but actually abandoned them? Maybe she was just young and wild and never intended to start a family with Neil, but could not come to grips with an abortion, so she gave birth, then left MC to Neil, and just walked away? And that Neil was just making up stories to cover for that? It could explain Neil's faulty memory.

Before anybody says this is too far-fetched, that is the real life story of a friend.

On the other hand, Neil did say the letter wasn't something bad, so my theory is highly unlikely.
That would be heartbreaking for the MC if that was to happen but it's certainly something that would play on the devs mind no doubt about it.

It worries me when at the beginning of the game MC says that he was happy then. That they didn’t have much but they had each other, or something like that.
The scene when Neil warns a guy on a construction site to put on a helmet is also a little suspicious to me.

I know that the chance for a script from AL or something like that is very small, but after what happened there, I am simply on guard.
The helmet scene is what's had me worried I always felt that scene was some sort of foreshadowing of future events that there could be an incident at the counstruction site with the young guy and Neil helps him but ends up getting caught up in the incident not before he has saved the young guy that he warned.

Reactions: Stark9999999

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

I suppose we can't really rule anything out, but I think that having the Mom still be alive just adds way, way too much drama in a game that already has enough going on as it is. If DPC does this, it would be something of an overkill of drama and would start to make the game feel like too much like a soap opera with all the different dramatic subplots happening all at once.

However, I will agree with the idea that the MC certainly can have an angry side to him as evidenced not just by the M&J drama, but also by the flashback of his school days. If Neil has lied to him in some capacity when it comes to his Mom, then I can see the MC being rather angry at him for having the truth kept from him.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes