Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I see some people say that Bella might be a psychopath but I don’t really see that I just think she’s lonely. I want to know other people’s thoughts
It's because the dev's previous game Acting Lessons has conditioned people to think this because of the locked door, but it will more than likely turn out to be something much more benign and emotionally charged than something dark and sinister.

Reactions: DatFatFrog

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
The difference between these two stories and their subject matter is that AL felt much more grounded in reality and this story, while grounded in certain places, is less grounded in other areas, such as what's going on with the HOTs. Again, it speaks to DPC's inspiration of those American comedy college movies because whilst the characters can portray very realistic traits and attributes, and the settings can also very realistic, the events and antics they get involved in are often farcical and/or contrived due to their outlandishness.

As such, when something seems less believable, like a sorority selling drugs and sex, you can more easily divorce yourself from the reality of it because it is less believable. AL, on the other hand, rings much more true to real life and there isn't much of anything within that story that feels particularly unrealistic, thus giving it a much more "heavy" feel than this story because it sets a very different tone.
Ah you are looking at the leaves and failing to notice the tree is falling on you. Look at the whole picture. Granted the whole "college" thing does give it a touch of levity, the situations we find ourselves in are just as "heavy" as AL. I for one haven't noticed that I feel disconnected from any of the story because it is on a different wavelength than AL.

DPC has tied the strings of his story on to our thoughts/emotions by getting us to care about his characters. Slowly but surely he has created situations that start pulling on those strings to get us to respond. He has already started building up toward bigger and bigger things. That's the problem with building any sort of tolerance. That in order to get a reaction you have to go bigger and badder to get the same level of reaction.

We already see him upping the ante. Look at Quinn talking to Camilla. "Is she going to be a problem?" The implication is that one way or another Quinn is willing to correct it. Look at the damage to the DIK's frat house. Look at the level of drama that is in the current episode. I can see all of this building and building from little ripples to this huge cresting tidal wave ready to come crashing down.

DatFatFrog

May 3, 2017
Ah you are looking at the leaves and failing to notice the tree is falling on you. Look at the whole picture. Granted the whole "college" thing does give it a touch of levity, the situations we find ourselves in are just as "heavy" as AL. I for one haven't noticed that I feel disconnected from any of the story because it is on a different wavelength than AL.

DPC has tied the strings of his story on to our thoughts/emotions by getting us to care about his characters. Slowly but surely he has created situations that start pulling on those strings to get us to respond. He has already started building up toward bigger and bigger things. That's the problem with building any sort of tolerance. That in order to get a reaction you have to go bigger and badder to get the same level of reaction.

We already see him upping the ante. Look at Quinn talking to Camilla. "Is she going to be a problem?" The implication is that one way or another Quinn is willing to correct it. Look at the damage to the DIK's frat house. Look at the level of drama that is in the current episode. I can see all of this building and building from little ripples to this huge cresting tidal wave ready to come crashing down.
Luckily Derek is here to save the day

Vibes2Good

Apr 17, 2020
When Episode 6 does come out, is there a way to transfer the save files from the current one

Also, i finished this game in a little over two days and im wondering if theres other games similar to this one in regards of the different actions/storyline?

Vildain

Jan 25, 2018
Hello, I'd like to have your opinion on the second picture. Jill looks like her sister's shoulders, don't you think she looks like mc's mother?

RustyRug

May 27, 2020
I really love this game and dont want to sound impatience because i loved the last episode but is it always gonna be like 5 months in between episodes and if so how long will it go on for because i dont want the story to stop

• Sad
Reactions: Youven

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
...means he won't do it again. Aside from the fact that a major character death doesn't really fit this game tonally, it would be repeating something that proved incredibly controversial when they did it before and, as the saying goes, "once bitten, twice shy".
Not a Joss Whedon fan, are you?

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
The difference between these two stories and their subject matter is that AL felt much more grounded in reality and this story, while grounded in certain places, is less grounded in other areas, such as what's going on with the HOTs. Again, it speaks to DPC's inspiration of those American comedy college movies because whilst the characters can portray very realistic traits and attributes, and the settings can also very realistic, the events and antics they get involved in are often farcical and/or contrived due to their outlandishness.

As such, when something seems less believable, like a sorority selling drugs and sex, you can more easily divorce yourself from the reality of it because it is less believable. AL, on the other hand, rings much more true to real life and there isn't much of anything within that story that feels particularly unrealistic, thus giving it a much more "heavy" feel than this story because it sets a very different tone.
But remember you’re comparing a finished story to an incomplete one. I agree with you the HoTs being drug dealers and pimps is outlandish. I’ve always had an issue with that plot point, but the whole Leah thing was hardly grounded in reality. No less outlandish than Quinn being a pimp. Actually break it down AL had a boatload of contrivances, but they were tied together by the story and characters. AL took a few dubious plot leaps and murky hand waving explanations, had them all blow up spectacularly in that twist and went forward off the back of how it's characters reacted to it. The actual plot leading up to the choice falls to the wayside and the story ends on how the characters handle it. BaDIK could easily follow suit.

We're currently sitting on half a story and all the heavy shit is yet to come. There's nothing stopping him from writing sincere, grounded reactions to whatever drama bomb is on its way. The tone is undeniably different this time but would it be any less heavy and grounded to see (and this isn't a plot prediction, it's an example of a traumatic event) Maya or Josy forced into prostitution? How they got there might be contrived but he could easily write a realistic reaction to such a revelation. As Stephen King put it.

“Pop culture writing is about ordinary people in extraordinary circumstances. Literature is about extraordinary people in ordinary circumstances.”

We've got our extraordinary situation, we've got our relatively ordinary people... we're just waiting to see how they react.

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
i download the torrent 0.5.0, no patch to 05.1? need download all the 2gb patch?
I played the game with 5.0 without problems. (I play without minigames.) Only issue for me was a corrupted picture of the scavenger hunt list where the lines were in the wrong places.

The correct view of the list :

scavenger list.jpg

To upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 you actually only need a few small files with the new script. See post #69,227

Last edited:
Reactions: cloves8
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes