ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
That's a not very intuitive way to write a WT. You see the colors and think that's the stat positively affected, yet is the one being penalized. Would've been more user friendly to say "Beat him up will increase DIK status" or something like that. But if you go for the negative effect, at least write that "penalty" in bold or something.
The thing is beating up Troy doesn't give you a boost to your DIK affinity because the system only works by removing chunks from your existing meter. Everything is a penalty.

Yet one more way in which the Affinity system is unnecessarily complicated.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Another reason why I don't want the DnG preview to be an actual game. The way DPC keeps mentioning this "new feature" and that this will the "longest episode", coupled with that preview, has me worried that we're going to see some long-ass game of DnG complete with mini-games and free-roam that will take up a huge chunk of the episode and we'll only move forwards by about 2 days.

If it were a dream sequence, it wouldn't take too long and the episode might advance a bit further, but I have a feeling they're going to drag out this Scavenger Hunt week a bit longer and a long game of DnG would act as filler to do just that.

Probably N7, Sorrow85, EmperorGER, or -Hex- since they post stuff that's available for those on the $10 tier.
if something good comes out of the D&G game it will be a huge surprise for me.

I'm afraid it will prove to be just a filler with a bit of fan service on Sally for example

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I fail to see how a long-ass dream sequence would be anything but worse. Your concern seems to be less with DnG and more with wasting time and development cycles on padding and filler. Well, right there with you.

I guess it's possible he could add a DnG mini-game to certain free roams, but if so it would likely be quick and simple like the other mini-games. Short of that, I can't see him making a big deal out of new DnG content. It would be like dreading having a whole episode set at the Pink Rose if DPC teases a pic of Sandy, Lily and Josy; I suspect I would hate such an episode, but I'm not going worry about that particular problem without a much stronger sign it's actually a risk.
A dream sequence at the start of ep 6 that's about as long as the DIK flashback in ep 5 would be all that's really necessary, and I'm sure it would be preferable to most people than a long game of DnG that potentially has mini-games and free-roam, and stalls the progress of the actual story.

Sorrow85

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2020
Probably @N7, @Sorrow85, @EmperorGER, or @-Hex- since they post stuff that's available for those on the $10 tier.
Now i wait for the Preview to drop on this forum.
This is probably only intended to discord people only.
Sorry but here is my limits, public patreon releases would still go but not like this.

I hope someone else can help you, this case.

Edit:
Tip, there is none of the girls

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
A dream sequence at the start of ep 6 that's about as long as the DIK flashback in ep 5 would be all that's really necessary, and I'm sure it would be preferable to most people than a long game of DnG that potentially has mini-games and free-roam, and stalls the progress of the actual story.
A dream sequence wouldn't make a lot of sense to start Episode 6 given it wasn't nighttime at the end of Episode 5 and we hadn't even worked out where the MC would be sleeping. Plus, and I feel I need to emphasize this, dream sequences in BaDIK suck.

How would that be in any way preferable to an equal length session of actual DnG in the middle of Episode 6 that lets us see the actual characters interacting with each other in a novel setting?

Keemy

Jun 17, 2018
can you guys help me real quick? I changed laptops and uploaded my previous dik saves to cloud. I downloaded the game again but cant seem to get renpy to recognize the save files and im kinda stuck because i had a lot of hours dropped in this game lmao. Any help will be really appreciated. I have windows btw if its any help

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
A dream sequence wouldn't make a lot of sense to start Episode 6 given it wasn't nighttime at the end of Episode 5 and we hadn't even worked out where the MC would be sleeping. Plus, and I feel I need to emphasize this, dream sequences in BaDIK suck.

How would that be in any way preferable to an equal length session of actual DnG in the middle of Episode 6 that lets us see the actual characters interacting with each other in a novel setting?
Here's the beauty of fictional writing; you can make anything make sense.

We don't necessarily have to pick up the story right where it left off in ep 5. Yes, every episode has done that so far, but it doesn't mean that DPC has to stick to that formula. We saw the MC get his jacket and standing in his new room at the end of ep 5, right? Well, what if he spends the night there on a spare mattress or in a sleeping bag? That would solve the issue of where he sleeps and wouldn't have to have different renders for different places based on previous player choices.

It's not something we necessarily need to see or have explained either because you don't always have to show everything that goes on. It's like with TV shows where the start of the next episode is days after the previous one ended because nothing particularly significant happened in the story during that time, and so the next episode just picks things up at the next major story beat.

But generally you do need to fill in that gap with something, like a flashback, or a scene with side characters, or a dream sequence. In the case of the latter, seeing the MC dream about 3 LIs in a fantasy environment he has recently become aware of would make sense as it's something that's very fresh in his mind and it could give an insight into his thoughts and possible concerns about recents events, which have been tumultuous to say the least.

Another option besides a dream sequence bridging the gap between eps 5 & 6 could be that we see Quinn going to meet her dealers on Sunday night at the beginning of the episode before we see the MC wake up in the DIK mansion the next day. Either one of these things can work in the context of this story and even if that isn't how it will be, there's nothing to say that either one couldn't be a possibility.

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
can you guys help me real quick? I changed laptops and uploaded my previous dik saves to cloud. I downloaded the game again but cant seem to get renpy to recognize the save files and im kinda stuck because i had a lot of hours dropped in this game lmao. Any help will be really appreciated. I have windows btw if its any help
Try starting the game on the new computer so it makes save folder, then replace everything in that folder with whats in your save. Not sure, but I think that was how it worked on my PC, been a while since it happened.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
No u r using cheat, compressed v working fine
No he isn't. The compressed version has been broken at that exact point for the last two epsiodes. We literally had dozens of people with that problem. You can check the thread if you don't believe me.
I actually doubt that he had 'something' with Quinn on a serious or some level, they are probably partners in terms of selling drugs and fooling around, but I doubt he had anything with her. How do you know about Riona anyway? :D I played all 5 episodes 2 months ago and almost can't remember anything from it...:ROFLMAO:
Tommy mentions Riona's BJs when talking to Rusty before the first time you enter the preps' house.

Reactions: der123fer

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
Make 3 saves and do all 3 routes.
Those are rookie numbers, got to pump those up. 3 routes with minimum 6 saves that way you can cover all of them with DIK or Chick affinity. Maybe 9 if you want Neutral affinity in there as well.

Edit - I also saved at the end of every episode that way I can go back and change variables if I need to

Last edited:

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Those are rookie numbers, got to pump those up. 3 routes with minimum 6 saves that way you can cover all of them with DIK or Chick affinity. Maybe 9 if you want Neutral affinity in there as well.
I used to do that, and also had alts for the Jade/Cathy dreams but it go stupid so I deleted everything and now stick to just 3 saves, my 'Do what I would do' save with the other 2 being maxed Dik/Chick saves. It's enough, especially since I'm playing with mini-games on, I am so fucking sick of the English tests.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
I used to do that, and also had alts for the Jade/Cathy dreams but it go stupid so I deleted everything and now stick to just 3 saves, my 'Do what I would do' save with the other 2 being maxed Dik/Chick saves. It's enough, especially since I'm playing with mini-games on, I am so fucking sick of the English tests.
Same here. I do admit I hate the mini games on the replays but I'm still grunting through it. I know I have supported more branches being necessary but in a way I am kind of glad there aren't because I would need a glossary for all my saves.

Cndyrvr4lf

Donor
Jun 16, 2017
English tests are definitely the worst mini-game. It is to the point that all any of my MCs ever study is English and I buy my Magnar boosts as soon as they are affordable. I so wish I could use my keyboard for those.
I cheat. I either use the WT, or I use an anagram program to figure it out.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019

Edit - I also saved at the end of every episode that way I can go back and change variables if I need to
I have 20 saves

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Cndyrvr4lf
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes