Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Ah your more of a perfectionist than I am. As long as I get the wording close than that's good enough to get my point acrossed.
I meant it more like routes, not saves themselves. I usually keep saves often in case I want to redo anything, like every free roam or something like that just in case.

Kuraii

Jul 22, 2020
Lately I was wondering, how do you get all those pics from the game in such high quality? Just curious.

1596953811142.png

always86

Mar 19, 2020
The thing is beating up Troy doesn't give you a boost to your DIK affinity because the system only works by removing chunks from your existing meter. Everything is a penalty.

Yet one more way in which the Affinity system is unnecessarily complicated.
I don’t think the 3 rep systems in the game are very well explained.

Character rep - Only matters occasionally. Most significant example so far is with Bella. If she dislikes you when Jill asks she will tell her not to date you. Even on the DIK affinity path I think you can avoid this by letting Derek wear the helmet and not talking to the cafeteria worker at the party.

The affinity and ‘mood’ systems are harder to define. I guess the best way to think of it is affinity choices are permanent while ‘mood’ choices can ebb and flow. Both systems can force choices. I believe it’s the case that your affinity can restrict how how far your mood can go one way or another.

I think this will probably be more impactful later in the game.

I also wonder if affinity might be going at some point. MC has said (or thought) that he has been making to many rash decisions and going with the flow to much). I wonder if at a certain point the affinity will be what it is and the decisions get made for you. (Perhaps with Neutral letting you make your own)

if something good comes out of the D&G game it will be a huge surprise for me.

I'm afraid it will prove to be just a filler with a bit of fan service on Sally for example
I don’t know why people are so worried about this. I highly doubt it will take up more than 10-15 minutes of the chapters. The first time out it was a bit of fun, gave us time to interact with the nerds and also had the ‘Ice Queen’ pay off.

The idea of filler is a bit odd to me. Having stuff to do in-between fucking is what makes this game really good IMO. Sometimes that’s painting a fence, chatting On Swyper, or watering plants and sometimes it’s playing D&G.

A dream sequence wouldn't make a lot of sense to start Episode 6 given it wasn't nighttime at the end of Episode 5 and we hadn't even worked out where the MC would be sleeping. Plus, and I feel I need to emphasize this, dream sequences in BaDIK suck.

How would that be in any way preferable to an equal length session of actual DnG in the middle of Episode 6 that lets us see the actual characters interacting with each other in a novel setting?
Hard disagree on the dream sequences sucking. A time skip of a few hours is possible and wouldn’t be a big deal. They happen all the time in the game. That said I do agree that it wouldn’t make any difference really if it’s 15 minutes of dream or 15 minutes in the library.

In the end I think we should need at least six saves, one for each LI and a DIK bang all one.
I only have 3. One for every affinity path. I’ll probably wind up with a 4th once we know what not warning Maya actually achieves. At the moment I don’t see the point in doing a path for each character since I think the game is intentionally not forcing us one way or another at the moment.

that choice will come but I’d be surprised if it’s before the end of season 2 and possibly half way through 3 depending on how many episodes we get in the end

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don’t know why people are so worried about this. I highly doubt it will take up more than 10-15 minutes of the chapters. The first time out it was a bit of fun, gave us time to interact with the nerds and also had the ‘Ice Queen’ pay off.

The idea of filler is a bit odd to me. Having stuff to do in-between fucking is what makes this game really good IMO. Sometimes that’s painting a fence, chatting On Swyper, or watering plants and sometimes it’s playing D&G.
there are a number of important issues to develop:
the letter from MC's mother
drug trafficking
the restaurant
the blackmail to Chad
Bella's husband / the locked room
Maya's father

and I'm definitely forgetting some of them trying to stay on the main storyline. there is no time for me to "get distracted"

the relationship with Maya and Josy is the only developed one, and in the near future I think it will remain quite stalled

the only one showing signs of evolution is the one with Sage (as long as MC is interested in her)

if you want to cover the first year of college with the game it seems to me that we are quite late, with the first season we have covered a few weeks.

chapter five was a passing chapter where not much happened, in the next one I expect important things to happen, even dramatic ones ... and 10 minutes to see Sally and LIs who already know each other interact in an unnatural way. it doesn't seem to me a priority.

P.S. I was bored enough even by the flashbacks, the only one that is worth is the one on the foundation of the DIKs

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Hard disagree on the dream sequences sucking. A time skip of a few hours is possible and wouldn’t be a big deal. They happen all the time in the game. That said I do agree that it wouldn’t make any difference really if it’s 15 minutes of dream or 15 minutes in the library.
I rather have a scene that actually happens over one that doesn't.

always86

Mar 19, 2020
there are a number of important issues to develop:
the letter from MC's mother
drug trafficking
the restaurant
the blackmail to Chad
Bella's husband / the locked room
Maya's father

and I'm definitely forgetting some of them trying to stay on the main storyline. there is no time for me to "get distracted"

the relationship with Maya and Josy is the only developed one, and in the near future I think it will remain quite stalled

the only one showing signs of evolution is the one with Sage (as long as MC is interested in her)

if you want to cover the first year of college with the game it seems to me that we are quite late, with the first season we have covered a few weeks.

chapter five was a passing chapter where not much happened, in the next one I expect important things to happen, even dramatic ones ... and 10 minutes to see Sally and LIs who already know each other interact in an unnatural way. it doesn't seem to me a priority.

P.S. I was bored enough even by the flashbacks, the only one that is worth is the one on the foundation of the DIKs
Lots happened in episode 5.

We became a DIK
We learned more about Quinn and her attempts to sell drugs
We progressed with Sage
We established the rules of the relationship with Josy and Maya
Josy reconciled with her father
We learned Mona is out
That Burke is using the girls
More character development for Riona and Camila
On the no Josy x Maya path that they are both still in to you
That Jill doesn’t know what’s behind the mystery door
That Jade hates Bella (for no reason)
That Cathy likes being feared

if the exact same events happened over 2 or 3 game days then people would be fine with it.

I don’t think it would be out of character for anyone to play D&G. Josy is a people person, she’d go with the flow. Maya is a nerd. Jill and MC have played before. its simply another interaction that can establish relationships, and show soft competition between the girls. In Other words do they work as a team to win the game or focus on the MC. Do they get jealous (I’m minor ways) when MC focuses on other characters.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Lots happened in episode 5.

We became a DIK
We learned more about Quinn and her attempts to sell drugs
We progressed with Sage
We established the rules of the relationship with Josy and Maya
Josy reconciled with her father
We learned Mona is out
That Burke is using the girls
More character development for Riona and Camila
On the no Josy x Maya path that they are both still in to you
That Jill doesn’t know what’s behind the mystery door
That Jade hates Bella (for no reason)
That Cathy likes being feared

if the exact same events happened over 2 or 3 game days then people would be fine with it.

I don’t think it would be out of character for anyone to play D&G. Josy is a people person, she’d go with the flow. Maya is a nerd. Jill and MC have played before. its simply another interaction that can establish relationships, and show soft competition between the girls. In Other words do they work as a team to win the game or focus on the MC. Do they get jealous (I’m minor ways) when MC focuses on other characters.
half of the points you have listed are not for all routes, and in any case many of them do not seem particularly important, but that is not the point of the reasoning.

why the relationship, the jealousy between people who already know and interact in reality should develop better through a game of D&G?

Does Jill get more jealous if MC saves Maya from a dragon, than if she sees them hugging around?

to me it seems evident that it is mainly fan service, then certainly something useful to the story will be there

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
I think there are some comparisons in this thread that aren't really fair. Erotic games content is not mass market - it's almost the exact opposite of that. Premium products (and it's hard to describe DPC's work, which is some of the best in the genre, as anything else) in a niche industry are always going to be more expensive.

Running a business is expensive. And hiring help isn't as simple as you might make it out to be. I am a programmer myself, and I have at times considered dabbling in creating or modding games as a way of developing my skills (for example, python is not currently a language I have any work in, so I could develop some python skills by working on a ren.py game). But there's a big problem with doing that: Most programming work is open source, and the way you demonstrate your abilities to employers is to let them look at your actual code.

You can't do that with adult games content; the games aren't open source to begin with, and "here's an XXX rated game I worked on" is not really a conversation you can have when interviewing for a conventional job. That makes it a lot harder for either DPC or someone he hired to commit: No matter how good a creator or programmer DPC is, it's going to be hard for him to move into another industry if this doesn't work out, and it's going to be hard for him to hire someone at a market rate when they're producing work they can't really put on their resume - he's gonna have to pay a premium for that.

It's just a thing you have to accept that if you're consuming this kind of product, and frankly especially if you're doing so in a world where something like F95zone exists so people who want to not pay for your content WILL be able to get it for free - if you want to support it, you're gonna pay more than you do for a commercial title, and you're doing so explicitly in order to keep that work in production.

Now, maybe DPC could find someone more easily now, when people might be willing to take more adventrous employment choices in a US economy that's dealing with significant contraction, but it remains the case that you're going to have some vision-sharing issues, and that a great creator is not necessarily a great manager, leader or communicator. It's DPC's product, and there's no requirement that someone working with him agrees with his choices, but being able to communicate with subordinate programmers and give them feedback on what you do and don't like about their code is a skill, and it's not one all programmers have - many experienced programmers pass on leadership roles to remain senior developers explicitly to avoid having those kinds of responsibilities, and others get jammed into those roles due to lack of interest and do a shitty job and alienate members of their teams.

To be honest, it's hard to blame someone who is financially dependent in not only the short but the long term on their products success having some resentment and unhappiness with a website that freely pirates the shit out of their content. That anyone can come here and get his work (and, indeed, will probably be able to get his new update as soon as he releases it to his top-level patrons, much less the general release) for free is a real threat to his long-term economic stability, and he's taken an enormous personal risk by committing to this, because he'll have to explain the gap in his resume even if he doesn't choose to share the work with a future employer if he ever gives up (and, probably, in order to demonstrate his skills he will have to find someone willing to look at his work on adult content, which will significantly limit his options, probably to within the games industry generally; you're not gonna be able to show the codebase of Being a DIK to Amazon or Google and get a job there! They couldn't even review and discuss your work among the hiring group w/o violating company policies!)

If you enjoy this game (or any game, but especially the ones from the best creators who are doing this as their full-time jobs), you should probably whine less and be more appreciative that the creator has taken a rather significant risk in their personal life by making a commitment to making content you like.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Could this confirm that the DnG game happens IRL and Sage might have a role in it?
Exactly what i wanted to just say :ROFLMAO: . There you have it, She also end up in the library, and boom, why would she not play with MC and his friends, 2 of them are Hots candidate in top of that. so Yeah Sage, is indeed, hand tied in that picutre, and it is indeed form the DNG game.
kudos to those who figured out earlier than others

Reactions: flippityflop
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes