Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
This is probably only intended to discord people only.
Sorry but here is my limits, public patreon releases would still go but not like this.

I hope someone else can help you, this case.

Edit:
Tip, there is none of the girls
What is it then?

zoyle

Jan 23, 2019
So that is the whole damn point. Shoddy writing purely for plot. he KNOWS....he could just tell maya that. But no, he doesn't. For the plot. And sorry, while I do love Badik...it's annoying.

Not really because if the dialogue went anywhere like it really would in life (expecially to someone you have feelings for) you'd explain exactly what you meant to her. Stop making excuses for shoddy writing for plot progression.

Again no. The picnic scene is where this happens. What they say seperately to you (as friends) is moot and not what we are talking about. The scene in reference, Maya says she does not want to attach labels for fear of it not working out and losing both Josy and the MC. Josy is all for being serious about it. Maya is not. This is regardless of who said who to what in private and who you slept with.

Yeah, I am also not talking about 'as friends'. There is a bunch of relationship dialogue prior to that final scene where both girls bring up the notion. Yes, this is the situation where all 3 of them discuss it together (and Maya initiates the discussion), but the MC has been having that conversation with either one of the girls (depending on choice) previously, and presumably -they have also been talking to each other about it-. I guess you can argue that Josy has already had the conversation with Maya and is bringing it up with MC because they already discussed it and agreed (and I'd suggest that's realistic and likely), but it's not like the 'we should take it slow' is some kind of surprise blindside request out of left field at the end of the episode - it's super predictable and has been being discussed between the characters since the end of episode 4. I think we fundamentally agree on the dynamic (Maya's insecure about it, Josy's less so, but she advocates for what Maya asks for because she agrees and/or just values her comfort, the same way that MC agrees). We're just quibbling about the little details along the way.

I also think you're being a little unrealistic about the scene between MC and Maya in Ep 2, where Maya still considers herself a lesbian (and MC believes this). Some sort of extravagant feelings declaration in that situation would have been wildly inappropriate and poorly received, as Maya is only very slowly through Episodes 2 and 3 working her way through the idea that she might be attracted to a guy and that it might be OK if she is.

The window where Maya and the MC are in a situation where their relationship and interest in each other is clear enough for that conversation to happen is ..exactly one slide long. It is the slide between the end of their first attempt at sex and Josy's arrival in the dorm room. Before that, MC being more assertive about his feelings with her is a terrible idea and wildly inappropriate, and in fact it's probably not until that moment that MC would even realize that a relationship with Maya is potentially a possibility that could be considered.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Which is what other games lack. There's very little that's unknown about the "story" of other games and VNs because they're either blatantly explained to the MC, or there isn't much of a story because it's basically just about fucking your way through as many girls as possible until the dev decides to conclude things and move on to their next game.

If this game didn't include all those side scenes that the MC is not involved in, it would still be a good game and we'd probably still be talking a lot about it, but those scenes enhance the story by letting us see what else is going on and giving us an insight into the other principle players.
Problems arise when we face choices that could be influenced by that extra info our MC still doesn't have. Let's take the 2 games from my signature, in both of them we see some cutscenes with other characters but if I'm not mistaken the info unveiled in those sections is merely complementary to our MC's actions. It adds depth to the story but little else, which in my opinion is the way to go. The enemies shown are just doing their business as usual and our MC is going to be affected by them, but we already knew or suspect that and the most important choice we can make while having this asymmetric info is treating Henry (in CoBD) like a potential alley from the start and not as our enemy because we know he's just trying to protect Gloria - and it's not a big deal since we can recover that relationship with him the moment our MC realizes what's actually going on with her.

While in BaDIK players know Quinn is a person to avoid at any costs but we can't properly warn our dearest people even when having the option because 'MC still doesn't know all the implications', and later on, when the MC might have more insight depending on his choices, we're still waiting for him to stop and do the math. And honestly, I find it frustrating

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
In answer to the question, no, I don't think it damages the experience. In most cases, much like a TV show, it's giving us hints about what is to come and thus building up both our anticipation to see how these events will unfold, but also allowing us to think and to theorise about what will happen thus keeping us engaged.

It's only an issue when people forget that we are privy to much more information than the MC, like in the case of Quinn, that it becomes something of an issue when some people are assessing the MC's actions based on what we know and not what he knows. It's easy to judge the MC's action when you have all the information, but he doesn't, and people need to remember to separate those two things out when assessing and judging his actions.

Another issue can be when we see LIs being intimate with others because, even if it is something that has happened or is happening, it's not something most people want to see when they have an emotional investment in certain characters.

There are still lots of things we haven't seen and I don't expect DPC to spill every detail in these non-MC side scenes before the shock reveals, much like it was with the M&J reveal. So when it comes to someone like Bella, we'll get hints, teases, and maybe some parts of her story, but we'll still likely get blindsided by something that we didn't really see coming.
ok, but when i watch a tv show i'm completely passive, then i can have favorite characters, but i can only pray for them ..

in a game it is not like that, regardless of genre, I am "responsible", at least in part, for what happens to the other characters, the ones I like and the ones I dislike.

if I see a danger and I cannot avoid it, it is as if my brakes were cut while I am driving. like in horror movies when we watch a character go towards certain death without knowing it. it is exciting, but as a frustration, not as a participation.

suppose DPC showed us the flashback of Derek, Maya and Josy's vacation before Josy's arrival in BR, we would have yelled "DON'T DO THIS !!!" in front of the PC screen continuously

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Reactions: Wizard_Shiryuu
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes