Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Why? If you choose to purposely not see all the content available...
That's the problem, I do want to see all the content and I want it on the same game file. Like the choice between Maya and Josy in episode 5; I wanted to have both conversations in the same play through.

Edit: Not like I'm going to stop playing, just my personal preference and I know there are others who prefer to have several different plays.

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
Then maybe games with multiple choices and paths are not for you then?
All games have some choices, and like most other fans on here I realize I get what DPC does and there are only a few other developers putting out games worth playing. Even so my preference is to see more material in a single play, obviously other players want more separation and neither of us get a custom version of the game. Much like the arguments over favorite love interests different people have different tastes, doesn't mean we can't enjoy the same game for different reasons.

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
Anyone have proof that the nerd Sally attends the DIK parties? Some posts think she stole the laptop but I dont really buy it.
she was at the DIKs party dancing with Jamie in episode 2 where MC and Derek do the shots off of Melanie and Sarah

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
That's an unrealistic expectation in a game with choices. The game would be 100 % linear.
I don't want to start another argument about this, but I think for me it's the amount of material missed or the significance to the character and their story. City of Broken Dreamers and Where the Heart Is have lots of choices and you miss interactions by making those choices, but the amount of missed content with those decisions feels less like you missed a significant part of the story.

In a sense all the games are Linear, a developer can't be expected to make many diverse paths in any reasonable amount of time. I enjoy this game, but I prefer the episodes with less branching paths. I understand there are other people who want more branching paths or even more extreme branching and to repeat an earlier statement we can enjoy the same game for different reasons.

Pewdiepie9966

Aug 2, 2020
but I think for me it's the amount of material missed or the significance to the character and their story
You won't miss anything if you play the different routes, you won't get 100% of the content with a single playthrough, that's just the nature of games with multiple choices

but I prefer the episodes with less branching paths
Fair enough, I for example love many different paths as it gives the game itself some kind of depth. Having the power to proactively change the course of a game is what gets me going

Kinvarus

May 23, 2020
Personally I'm a fan of multiple paths, Play it one way, do a path, replay it again at a later date and do something different, yes you might miss out on some character stuff, but if the game is done well the things you miss won't be key plot points that are required for the story outside the endgame.

For example in my current playthrough, I've never taken Quinn up on her offer to use any of the girl's she pimps out, which means I've never seen those scenes, now granted that's not a big issue really in terms of the overall story but it also means that the next time I play through it I can, same goes for relationships. You have have the option to pursue all or some of them. Maybe you opted not to bang Sage but that next time you'll take that path if you go and stay with her instead of Bella for example.

Not everything needs to be seen and done in one playthrough but the truly great games in my opinion are the ones that give you the option and do it well, which this does. You want to sleep with everybody you can, go ahead. It might come back to bite you in the ass in the future but them's the risks. On the other hand you could opt to just date Sage or just date Jill or just have your shared relationship with M&J and doing so is possible without it making the game impossible.

But it is very much an each to their own situation.

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I ment that more as a general response to what i often see. When people simply can't handle if they have to actually pursue a girl. A sort of zero effort approach which they then try to depict as if they tried everything and its just the girl who is stubborn and ridiculous or faulty.

Its the same thing when somebody meets with a counter-argument and gets butthurt. Thats same "can't handle" stuff.
I can understand liking hard to get girls, that's the reason I mentioned tsunderes before. They are also hard to get and don't react to advances like "normal girls"...
Haha, yes, but from the in-game point of view :D I'm talking about players can't handle her and not from the mc's point of view :geek: Obviously thats given. She will come around. Tha game will make her so. Its a given. You pick option a) then b) and you have it.

Yet for this to happen one has to wait for plenty of real life time. The reactions given during this time are telling.
But the main reason I hit on Bella it's because she's a LI, because if I didn't know she was I would feel kind of a stalker sometimes.
Because i have a different set of criterias for maturity obviously. I see mature people, who don't differ from her the slightest, on a regular basis and out of the proverbial 1000 of them 999 are delusional in my experience. Its just that their behaviour isn't exaggerated but they aren't part of a story either so they can be more mundane. Bella's issues are emphasized here.
I understand that, I wanted to know what those were to be able to understand your point.
When you don't see an issue you think it isn't there. Most people by nature develope a sort of "pretending" scheme. To fit in. We try hard not to display issues. Bella here fails in that only because the story requires her to do and not because she is immature, so the player could know. Trust me, a real life Bella would take oh so much more time to crack by a suitor and is very likely he would just simply fail. The game doesn't have this luxury. Time. Nor the option for the mc to fail so Bella has to cave in and do so rapidly otherwise the title fails it main purpse. To entertain.
That's a fair point. It has been only a couple of weeks of game time, but storywise it's going slow.
Thats the aim of the game after all. Not to simulate real life. Thats a huge misconception. The aim of the characters are not to emulate a real person, the story isn't here to give us a glimpse of something real. Its to get us emotionally invested and/or to get the imagination going. Considering the number of pages and theories it does pretty well :cool:

But Bella is absolutely mature. Its just that her issues are more important then the rest of her, for the story-arch the writer is placing behind her.
I don't quite agree. The more real the story feels the easier it is to be invested with it. Or the less your suspension of disbelieve is broken the better.

I suppose I'd better reserve my judgement until we know how she handles those troubles, whatever those might be. That's a way to know how mature a person is.
Now this is a way more simple of a question. I see her boobs. Seriously. Her boobs drawn me in the first place. I was interested in her before i knew her name. Then i found an ice-queen personality, something that resembles that the most which for me a huge allure. I love ice-queens. They always attract me. Its a thing of mine. These two is enough for me. Her bimboish looks and this attitude of hers is just perfect.

Am i shallow? Indubitably.
Well, not really. It's normal that the first thing that gets your attention it's her body after all. But I meant it more personalitywise. Hard to get girls is one thing, but with Bella it feels like she rejects you everytime you speak with her. IRL I would have felt like a stalker long before she made any sign of interest.
I totally understand this. You are absolutely right that she has that body yes. That fan-service is there for my kind exactly! And we all have our different flavours. Its just that it annoys me when people try to homogenize things. Lets take for example her.

She is the only one such and she still shouldn't be in the game because of her proportions?? Why? Why can't me and the likes of me have someone. I do go the other way too. I always think its a missed opportunity if a game thats full of girls and have an amazing story fails to deliver a petite one. At least one. Thats such a missed opportunity to draw in those who would gladly enjoy the title if just one normal looking girl. The best ones deliver several types.

But when you have one and even thats a thorn in the eyes of normal-lover thats just unfair, selfish and rude. And it does annoy me.
I actually feel like this. Most of the LI models seem to pander to a thick-loving audience. Petites you have maybe Josy and not really. And the Sally-Lily-Sarahs don't have much of an impact. But in general all LIs are too exagerated. Hip-waist ratio is just too much.

Reactions: Ennoch and Maviarab
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes