Everilld

Jul 25, 2017
I‘M not anticipating a time hop this episode. We know a few things that are About to happen.

DIKs/ Rusty and Cathy
Maya/ Josy / HoTs scavenger hunt
DiKs mansion fix up
D&G
MCs Bday
More Jill Piano
Quinn & Dealer

That could easily fill a week out. Of course DPC might decide to slow things down and have those events take place over 2 weeks. Some days could be;

Go to class (30 renders)
Fix part of DIKs mansion (30 renders)
Couple of small character interactions (40 renders)

Do that 7 times and a week of days have passed, still leaving 2300 renders for everything else.
True but you can't forget huge render eater free roam activities

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
True but you can't forget huge render eater free roam activities
Free roam renders are mostly just backgrounds with certain parts of the scene separated on to a transparent background like so:
ep1_fr_room_bg.jpg ep1_fr_room_bg_desk_hover.png ep1_fr_room_bg_door_hover.png ep1_fr_room_bg_guitar_hover.png
The transparent parts wouldn't take too long to render and I don't generally consider them part of the overall render count for an episode.

Oh Yes the free roam takes about 20 or 40 minutes.
Depends on the free-roam. The Prep mansion in ep 5 certainly took a long time because it was the biggest part of the episode, but the free-roams in Maya's dorm or the Prep mansion in ep 3 didn't take very long.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I hope this game spans a lifetime in college and to see the girls Sage and Jill graduate who there'y are the most closest to finishing

And see the growth in the relationships that there will be between the girls depending on their favorites whatever they are

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Well the longest thing about free-roams is looking for pictures, if you just do story it won't take you more than seven minutes.
Which is my general strategy with new episodes. I avoid looking for the Special Renders because I just want to focus on the story at first, then I'll go back in later and look for them.

I hope this game spans a lifetime in college and to see the girls Sage and Jill graduate who there'y are the most closest to finishing

And see the growth in the relationships that there will be between the girls depending on their favorites whatever they are
At best, we'll likely see how the relationships have evolved after a flash forward at the end of the game, but we're certainly not going to play all 4 years. Also, Sage will presumably be graduating at the end of the year so that may prove to be a factor in her ending, but Jill still has 2 more years to go.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Which is my general strategy with new episodes. I avoid looking for the Special Renders because I just want to focus on the story at first, then I'll go back in later and look for them.

At best, we'll likely see how the relationships have evolved after a flash forward at the end of the game, but we're certainly not going to play all 4 years. Also, Sage will presumably be graduating at the end of the year so that may prove to be a factor in her ending, but Jill still has 2 more years to go.
I want Maya have my childrens

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JohnDelfino

xsssssssss

Jun 17, 2017
I really hope it’s not some massive (how I met your mother) flash forward epilogue.
At most just a flash forward to the end of college

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
Depends on the free-roam. The Prep mansion in ep 5 certainly took a long time because it was the biggest part of the episode, but the free-roams in Maya's dorm or the Prep mansion in ep 3 didn't take very long.
Ep 4 Bella free roam and the Preps mansion are the longest.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

you're right, it would be very cool if the game covered at least one year of college, which would also give a sense of completeness to the story.

but the course of the chapters seems to be going in another direction, on a much shorter cycle. with 6 chapters we will probably cover 3 weeks ...

in the end perhaps only the "happily ever after" will go to the end of the year or beyond

Reactions: phill_leotardo

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
you're right, it would be very cool if the game covered at least one year of college, which would also give a sense of completeness to the story.

but the course of the chapters seems to be going in another direction, on a much shorter cycle. with 6 chapters we will probably cover 3 weeks ...

in the end perhaps only the "happily ever after" will go to the end of the year or beyond
I guess that beach render series is to make up for the fact that we won't see the gals at Spring Break. :cry:

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020
Coming over here from Acting Lessons, I love following developers who put out great games. That being said... do I have to prepare my heart again?

ItsNotMeToo

Aug 7, 2020
I appreciate the rapid responses folks. New here on the boards, but glad to have stumbled upon this treasure trove of wonders. Fairly new to this genre overall, I really got hooked by Deprived Awakening, that was the first game / virtual novel that punched my emotions. Also enjoyed Good Girl Gone Bad and City of Broken Dreamers, but those didn't really hit me on the same level (still enjoyed them greatly).

Going to go ahead and give this one a shot now.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes