felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I know my english is not perfect, apologies for that. But did you understand what i wrote, and what i responded to ? :p :ROFLMAO: .
:LOL: :LOL:

actually I wanted to agree with you .. so it's my fault for not having explained.

I think it is a "neutral" preview, independent of the route followed, which may not even concern MC at all

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Holy Bacchus, calm down man! Don't go attacking NLT just because it is an RPGM game. It is actually one of the best games on this site. Not to say BaDIk is a bad game, they are just different genres.
It's not that it's a RPGM, it's because it's giving some people a false impression of update speeds. People see the regular updates of ToN and think, "that's how all games should be", but they can't. 90%+ of games are made by solo devs, many of whom are working with hardware that can just barely handle the rendering strain, whereas I'd suspect that NLT is working with a team and high-spec hardware because they've been around for a while producing 3D adult comics and so have likely generated enough income over the years to be able to afford these things.

DPC, on the other hand, is like every other dev in that they work alone on their game but unlike most he has high-spec hardware and so can produce lots of high quality renders and animations, but it still takes time to do so. Their game is also entirely built on renders that they produce, whereas a RPGM game is mostly produced using pre-made or custom made environments at the beginning of the production cycle that are then repititiously used in every update and the actual number of new renders per update is minimal in comparison to a game like BaDIK.

Finally, as always86 stated, much of the time spent in an update for a game like ToN is running around these pre-built, top-down environments seeking items to unlock a couple of sex scenes and so there isn't as much difference and variety as you get in BaDIK.

I know people like ToN and that's fine, but it's never a fair or even apt statement to say that its regular update cycle is something all other games can do.

Last edited:

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
So next update will come july 2021 the ep. 7? Thats the trajectory right now and its not looking good...

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
i doubt it. Rooster is not connected to any specific path aka dik chick. yes, in ep4 there was 3 or 2 different rooster post based on who you chose to stay with, but it has nothing to do with the chick dik system. it's just a post, that MC will respond to it. simple is that, the response can be different based on weather you are part of the Josy and Maya relationship or not.
I don't understand doubts.
whether we are in a relationship with both girls or otherwise, the "roomie" would be Josy and not MC.

in no case would MC, both for Maya but also for himself, reveal their sentimental situation.

but beyond this, even if Mc were "more than a friend" it is not said that that evening he would be in the room with them
But if Rooster Clucks can be based on choices like the one at the end of ep 3, then the mechanic is already there to differentiate them based on a certain path as it comes down to the variables.

If players are in a relationship with M&J, then that variable is set to 'True' and will give them certain events for that specific path, just like staying with Bella has them sunbathing together which leads to the MC posting that Cluck. Therefore, if the M&J path has an event involving "movie night" in ep 6 that the MC is invited to (and could be cover for the possible threesome challenge), this Cluck could be posted by him because a) he was her "roomie" and this could be seen as a term of endearment, and b) it would be better for him to post it and not Josy in case Maya's Dad sees it.

So this, much like the Bella cluck, could be exclusive to the M&J path.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
So next update will come july 2021 the ep. 7? Thats the trajectory right now and its not looking good...
I believe before ... I hope before ..

if it is not a particularly long chapter it will take 5 months, so it would be April / May

instead if it will be very full-bodied again it could be at least June

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But if Rooster Clucks can be based on choices like the one at the end of ep 3, then the mechanic is already there to differentiate them based on a certain path as it comes down to the variables.

If players are in a relationship with M&J, then that variable is set to 'True' and will give them certain events for that specific path, just like staying with Bella has them sunbathing together which leads to the MC posting that Cluck. Therefore, if the M&J path has an event involving "movie night" in ep 6 that the MC is invited to (and could be cover for the possible threesome challenge), this Cluck could be posted by him because a) he was her "roomie" and this could be seen as a term of endearment, and b) it would be better for him to post it and not Josy in case Maya's Dad sees it.

So this, much like the Bella cluck, could be exclusive to the M&J path.
but why should they use a coded message? for whose benefit?

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
March or April, depending on the size and scope of the episode. Once ep 6 is released they'll spend a couple of weeks working on the walkthrough and doing any necessary bug fixing which mean work would probably start on ep 7 in November.

but why should they use a coded message? for whose benefit?
Theirs, obviously. The smart thing to do would be to just not post the Cluck, but since they are doing it, having the MC be the one that does it shields Maya from potential recrimination from her Dad if Josy were to be the one to do it and he saw that as it's possible he's keeping tabs on her social media.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Go back to the evaluation scene, Rusty states the DIK's were formed 2 years ago. They seem to get pledges every new semester not school year.

rs "The DIK fraternity has been around for two years and during that time we've grown into a family."
rs "Hell Week has been our way to find new brothers."
But Envy says this is the third time she's been asked to sign a maggot's dick. Similarly, Rusty and Tommy not there are only 3 pledges this year before the CUM-petition.

I think they get pledges at the start of the school year, they just normally take two maggot pairs at once.

Reactions: twiztid

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
March or April, depending on the size and scope of the episode. Once ep 6 is released they'll spend a couple of weeks working on the walkthrough and doing any necessary bug fixing which mean work would probably start on ep 7 in November.

Theirs, obviously. The smart thing to do would be to just not post the Cluck, but since they are doing it, having the MC be the one that does it shields Maya from potential recrimination from her Dad if Josy were to be the one to do it and he saw that as it's possible he's keeping tabs on her social media.
can't they talk to each other directly? they see each other every day in class, they live in the same place, it seems to me a completely superfluous choice, which involves only some risks and no advantages

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
can't they talk to each other directly? they see each other every day in class, they live in the same place, it seems to me a completely superfluous choice, which involves only some risks and no advantages
Because the sensible choice doesn't create drama, entire seasons of the DCW Universe shows have been built on less :LOL:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I'm not saying that this Rooster post would be some sort of coded communication between them, but simply that the other characters in the game would see it as a Cluck about 2 friends watching a movie together, but we the players will know that there's another meaning behind it.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
It doesn't seem like DPC ever takes a break or a vacation. I hope he does so as to avoid burn out, but he's a machine in cranking out so much good content in such a relatively short time, considering it's just one guy. As someone who is trying to learn the craft of renpy VNs, I'm in awe.

Dashxp4k

Aug 17, 2019
What I find so odd about Jill meeting Rusty is that when she finds out he doesn't know she's a Royce she still immediately points it out to him. It's not merely that she doesn't hide her family connection, benefiting from her lineage is her go-to move.

I'm very curious to see if this is just sloppy writing form DPC, or if something happened in the intervening two years to teach Jill the downside of being famous.
Nahh It's not that. Jill doesn't like show offs. That why she told Rusty she a Royce so she could pull down Rusty. Rusty keep saying he's a Burgmeister since day 1 in B&R.

Conklingc

Jan 21, 2020
DPC put out an FAQ email:

My inbox gets swamped easily these days and I have no way of answering all messages.
Most questions that you send me are of a nature that can be answered with a FAQ post and I will try to answer and refer to this FAQ in the future.

Furthermore, I ask that you don't message me unless it's something urgent. While I appreciate your message, it clogs up my inbox and I have a hard time finding the urgent messages regarding payment and things that aren't working properly.
I'm more likely to answer your question in public if you comment on my recent posts. That way, more people will see the answer, and if I'm not answering many who knows the answer will.
That said, here are some frequently asked questions and answers to them. I will add to this post when there are new questions.

Q: Can I use the Steam version with the Patreon patch?
A: No. They are two separate versions. You will need the base Patreon game to use the patch.

Q: When is Season 2 coming to Steam and will it update my current game?
A: Season 2 comes to Steam when it's fully developed on Patreon. It's not a product until it reached that state. When it's ready, it will be released as DLC to Season 1 and it will have a similar price as Season 1.

Q: Where do I download your games on Patreon?
A: Check the welcome message for all links. Alternatively, sort my posts using the tag "Release". The pinned post is always the latest update of Being a DIK.

Q: How often do you release updates?
A: When they are ready. I have no schedule. I work as hard and as fast as possible every day.

Q: Can I work for you/help you out with anything?
A: No, thank you. I'm not looking to hire staff and I want to do everything by myself.

Q: Can I beta test for you?
A: No, thank you. I have a full team of trusted testers and am currently not looking for more.

Q: Can I translate the game for you into my language?
A: No, thank you. I'm not looking to hire or collaborate with translators. I tried that in the past and it wasted too much time without anything to show for.

Q: I didn't get a role when joining your discord server. How do I get one?
A: First, make sure that your discord account is . If you are using another discord account, disconnect and reconnect using that page. Early month, every month, the Discord bot has a lot of work to do. It can take up to 2-3 days for your role to register. Have patience during this time and try to reconnect if it didn't help.

Q: Are you going to make a sequel to Acting Lessons or work on more content for it?
A: It's not in any current plans or near-future ones. I'm not shutting the door to it, but I have other things on my plate I want to do before I even consider such a project.

Dr PinkCake

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes