shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I do like CoBD way above BaDIK simply because it's an actual story. Like with things happening, no melodramatic shit threw to your face without knowing what the real deal is and why your MC seems unable to make what you feel it would be the most obvious choice at important times especially after being given tons of minor choices along the way. Again, it's like watching a good action movie against watching an over-acted soap opera. Sometimes is better to have a good plot with cliché characters than having (trying to have?) polyedric characters and a blurry plot (at least to this point), mainly because when you put all that effort in showing character's behaviour, forced changes on it for plot reasons will be more noticeable for players. But if that's your thing that's OK. My virginal playthrough in CoBD (I don't really like any of the girls there) is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences I ever had, considering the limitations of an indie developer using Ren'py engine (limitations that DPC also masters and overcomes)
Both have a plot, but one is story driven the other is character driven. I'd agree that CoBD has the better plot of the two (far better), and I do like the characters (unlike Depraved Awakening where the characters did nothing for me), but CoBD doesn't engage me like BaDIK does. Right after playing the last instalment of CoBD, I was like, "Damn can't wait for the next release!" and then after an hour I wasn't thinking about it anymore, whereas with BaDIK, I fucking love it. I'm here typing inane shit on a message board because I find the game so engaging, I'm still thinking, "How am I going to cope for the next few months waiting for the next chapter!?", and I finished playing the latest chapter the day it was released.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Something has been really bugging me about the reason for James’ absence, and a lot of things don’t add up.

Whilst in the Library, just before the MC visits her and they kiss, Bella thinks the following:

“Married women don’t fool around with young students.”

“...”

“They aren’t intimate with friend’s either…”

“But that…That was different!”

“It doesn’t matter… I’ve stopped it.”

“Please, James… forgive me.”

“Please, just come home again”

“It’s been long enough…”

This makes me think that Bella cheated on her husband with one of her friend’s and James left her because of that.

Then in the pool, just before the MC makes a move on her, Bella thinks the following.

“It’s adultery… isn’t it.”

“Can I just decide to move on?”

“What if James comes home?”

“Would he blame me if I did this?”

“After all this time?”

“I have forgiven him…”

This now feels like James left because of a mistake he made, maybe he cheated on Bella?

Bella in bed with Jill, after MC comes round to speak to Cathy.

J: “Is something wrong?”

B: “No. Nothing’s wrong.”

J: “If you say so…”

J: “It’s not going to happen again.”

B: “I thought we had an understanding.”

J: “We do. That’s what I wanted to assure you of.”

B: “I don’t need to be reassured. I need you to stop talking about it.”

Jill mentions she was going to sleep on the couch and then storms off, Bella then pushes her wedding photo onto the floor.

We know that Bella doesn’t have many friends, could Jill be the one she cheated on her Husband with? She does say before that married woman aren’t intimate with friend’s either… I would be very disappointed if this was to be the case, as this is a bit to close to Josy and Maya’s path, but, currently what else could that conversation mean other than what I just said?

Then just after the tit-fuck scene in the MC’s new bedroom, Bella thinks the following:

“No, not a relationship. Adultery.”

“You’re an adulteress.”

“You’ve become something you hate.”

She is now only just becoming an adulteress? But before it seemed like the reason James left was because she was intimate with a friend, thus meaning she is already an adulteress. Plus, her conversation with Jill in the bedroom, what else could that mean other than them being intimate together in the past?

At a push maybe, as the line she says seems like a new thought, we can think that the married woman she is talking about is not her, and that she was a friend of Bella and James and she had an intimate moment with Bella’s husband.

And then the following line of I stopped it, could mean how she stopped the MC from going further with her when he first kissed her.

Maybe that person was Jade? As we know Bella doesn’t like Jade, because she does say she is becoming something she hates…

And the Jill conversation in bed could be about something completely different that we will find out about later?

I would love to hear other people’s opinion on this.
She's a fruitcake...

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Alternatively you can try and read the hundreds of pages discussing it that have been written so far. Basically yeah, everything you can imagine is possible, as this game only offers very few answers. That's the secret of its success, I guess

Reactions: zingobingo

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Both have a plot, but one is story driven the other is character driven. I'd agree that CoBD has the better plot of the two (far better), and I do like the characters (unlike Depraved Awakening where the characters did nothing for me), but CoBD doesn't engage me like BaDIK does. Right after playing the last instalment of CoBD, I was like, "Damn can't wait for the next release!" and then after an hour I wasn't thinking about it anymore, whereas with BaDIK, I fucking love it. I'm here typing inane shit on a message board because I find the game so engaging, I'm still thinking, "How am I going to cope for the next few months waiting for the next chapter!?", and I finished playing the latest chapter the day it was released.
Being character driven and offering an endless stream of loose ends is what makes you think about it. I hate sentimental dramas in entertainment products and I'm not particulary a fan of loose ends when I feel the author is trying to trap me just for shock value, so as I've said several times, I just played BaDIK once from Ch1 to Ch5 and that was all that I needed to see. Then I actually read the game for translating purposes and basically got engaged to the thread, but not to the game itself. Discussions here also helps to keep your hype up.

Reactions: Arigon

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
That's fair. A character did something (on the first chapter!) you didn't like and yet the game forces all her drama on you during 5 chapters more (so far) just because. So your fury is against the game itself because you're not given the chance of forgetting her even when you decide to stay out of the love triangle. That's on DPC, at least he was smart enough to put out a wide cast of hotties to pursue
Yeah.. Ish... ><

However...
As you say, there's more fish in the sea! :p
Just a shame if someone wish to remove one of the girls out of the equation as their "personal LI", this one removes two.

But... eh...

Apart from the one "none-optional issue", I'm still having heaps of fun with the entirety as a whole.

From hell-week to all other "idiocy" you'd expect a lot of teenagers and young adults to do.

Personally, I'm hoping DPC will add more stuff like that in the future.
(hopefully ways to knock Tybalt off his self-proclaimed throne..)

I found adding the restoration of the mansion, and the story from then on turned to a more of a serious note than humor.
Which is a shame.

But a little bit of drama to calm down the laughter, for then return of the humor, could be a good thing.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Something has been really bugging me about the reason for James’ absence, and a lot of things don’t add up.
Whilst in the Library, just before the MC visits her and they kiss, Bella thinks the following:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This makes me think that Bella cheated on her husband with one of her friend’s and James left her because of that.
Then in the pool, just before the MC makes a move on her, Bella thinks the following.

This now feels like James left because of a mistake he made, maybe he cheated on Bella?

We know that Bella doesn’t have many friends, could Jill be the one she cheated on her Husband with? She does say before that married woman aren’t intimate with friend’s either… I would be very disappointed if this was to be the case, as this is a bit to close to Josy and Maya’s path, but, currently what else could that conversation mean other than what I just said?

Then just after the tit-fuck scene in the MC’s new bedroom, Bella thinks the following:

She is now only just becoming an adulteress? But before it seemed like the reason James left was because she was intimate with a friend, thus meaning she is already an adulteress. Plus, her conversation with Jill in the bedroom, what else could that mean other than them being intimate together in the past?

At a push maybe, as the line she says seems like a new thought, we can think that the married woman she is talking about is not her, and that she was a friend of Bella and James and she had an intimate moment with Bella’s husband.

And then the following line of I stopped it, could mean how she stopped the MC from going further with her when he first kissed her.

Maybe that person was Jade? As we know Bella doesn’t like Jade, because she does say she is becoming something she hates…

And the Jill conversation in bed could be about something completely different that we will find out about later?

Prevailing thought for me has been (although doubting it lately):

Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
Now misquoting me or assuming what I'm saying.

never once (please do check) have I said DPC is a bad writer. Many timres I;ve made comment he's not anywhere near the level many people here make him out to be, or that he's no where near enough as good as DPC himself probably thinks he is, or even as good as many adult VN's currently around (some of which are in my sig). I will however say given the usual terribly Engrish standard of adult games, then he is better than most yes, but that's not actually saying much given the standard is it.

Distinct difference my friend ;) Now, anything else?
:rolleyes:
Dram, drama drama felice...badly written and cheap cop out's...oh and more drama.

You know what to expect by now...taking a different direction.

kire37

Dec 5, 2019
i think right now baDIK in its own level at the top . following by midnight paradise , broken dreamers , timestamp and treasure of nadia . but if all the game are finished , i think midnight paradise and timestamp will up there with badik .

Reactions: billclinton99

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020

“Married women don’t fool around with young students.”

“...”

“They aren’t intimate with friend’s either…”

“But that…That was different!”

“It doesn’t matter… I’ve stopped it.”

“Please, James… forgive me.”

“Please, just come home again”

“It’s been long enough…”

“It’s adultery… isn’t it.”

“Can I just decide to move on?”

“What if James comes home?”

“Would he blame me if I did this?”

“After all this time?”

“I have forgiven him…”

J: “Is something wrong?”

B: “No. Nothing’s wrong.”

J: “If you say so…”

J: “It’s not going to happen again.”

B: “I thought we had an understanding.”

J: “We do. That’s what I wanted to assure you of.”

B: “I don’t need to be reassured. I need you to stop talking about it.”

Jill mentions she was going to sleep on the couch and then storms off, Bella then pushes her wedding photo onto the floor.

“No, not a relationship. Adultery.”

“You’re an adulteress.”

“You’ve become something you hate.”

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Being character driven and offering an endless stream of loose ends is what makes you think about it. I hate sentimental dramas in entertainment products and I'm not particulary a fan of loose ends when I feel the author is trying to trap me just for shock value, so as I've said several times, I just played BaDIK once from Ch1 to Ch5 and that was all that I needed to see. Then I actually read the game for translating purposes and basically got engaged to the thread, but not to the game itself. Discussions here also helps to keep your hype up.
I wasn't all wrapped up in the questions raised by this game until I started reading this forum, which was after a few play throughs from episodes 1-5. I simply found it thoroughly enjoyable. If you didn't enjoy it, is your intent here to convince others they don't enjoy it too? Are you frustrated that BaDIK and CoBD are rated the same when you think BaDIK is inferior? If that's the case, what do you think about "What a Legend" being ranked similarly (I played that game through and found I was just jumping through hoops to get to the next step with cliched and tired comedy - I won't be bothering with that game again).

Reactions: lTTMl

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Don't worry Derek I'll talk to Ashley for you by the way I feel like we're going to fuck Elena first than JIll
WTF is going on with Ashley's neck???

Yes, Jill is going to be dead last on the list...if at all. If you're lucky, you might get a dry, awkward jerkdown (with a fully clothed Jill) at the end of season 2.

But Elena....eww, no, just no.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes