Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
I came in a couple of months after Ep 4 released and there was a lot of hate for Maya and Josy, less so now, but there was a consensus among some that this was it for them and that they were cut off completely if you were rejected or went with the friendship route.

I remember, at that time, going back a few hundred pages to see what was being said about both before Ep 4 and it was largely positive with the main arguments against them mostly boiling down to, "she's not my type", and it seemed nobody really had a problem with Maya griding on the MC, lying about the boyfriend, admitting she's only liked girls before, etc. But the sentiment changed rapidly after Ep 4 and a lot of the dislike seemed to come from the fact that they were now bound together and players couldn't get them solo, but also that affinity would prevent them from getting both.
I came here shortly after episode 3 and M&J were already the least liked LIs and the arguments aganist them were pretty much the same already, except for the library scene.
I can't agree. I haven't spent much time analysing each of these games, but I have played:
  • Leap Of Faith
  • City of Broken Dreamers
  • Depraved Awakening
Leap of Faith I played not that long ago. When I got to the end of what was available I deleted it. Maybe I'll go back to it one day but I don't think so.

City of Broken Dreamers is great, I'll be waiting for the next instalment and I can see myself following it to the end. It has an engaging, original (to my knowledge) story. But after I finished playing through to the end of the available content, I put it aside and will pick it up when the next update comes out.

Depraved Awakening I played through to the end but it almost became a chore. It was a good game but it bogged down for me eventually. I didn't care about any of the characters and I didn't care who the MC ended up with and I didn't care about the sex scenes. It wasn't a bad game, but it didn't grab me.

When I first played BaDIK ep5 was already complete, and after playing through to the end, I went back and played it again almost immediately with a different style, and then played it again a few times after that. Some times I just went back to a different save game and tried something new, other times I went right back to the beginning and played the whole thing and read everything. It was a joy to play and even when I became thoroughly aware of what was going to happen next I still enjoyed it immensely. I laughed out loud numerous times (admittedly it was probably Derek) and I went back and replayed scenes twice in a row just for the sheer enjoyment of it. It was like re-watching a favourite TV show or movie, it never got old.

So to compare BaDIK with all these other games and to state unequivocally that it is sub par compared to them, my response to you is simply, that's your opinion, and this is mine. Neither of us is right.
I agree with you on DA. I liked it, and the setting was very well done, but it didn't make me care for the characters and the story all that much. It's not on BADIK's level.

Reactions: ExDeath730

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Because I've seen this line of argument so it's not hard to imagine that this is what it may indeed boil down to for some people.
So these "people" that have criticisms of Maya are wrong because they are hypocrites that got pissed because they got "cucked" and their other points are wrong because according to you they are hypocrites and you are right.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Absolutely agree it is my opinion only. I just wanted to offer some examples.
I think everyone (including me) can agree that as college tropes, BaDIK is superb to most anything out there. I think Unleashed by Carbon Blue also has the potential to be superb. WVM in my mind is well.... kind of mindless. There is an interesting corrupt political and underworld plot in there, but it gets lost behind all the pussy that throws itself at this superhuman freshman.

Being a Rockstar deserves mention as the age group is close, but it is a different and engaging IMHO story that seems better written than the bulk of the available stories.

I think one of my issues with the story of BaDIK, is that you have this marginally sympathetic MC (I actually do not like him) who goes from being faithful to his one girlfriend/best friend, to instantly becoming the Adonis on campus. There was no doubt in his mind that he was going to do this, even after his trip home to see Josy... his dick was everywhere. I think in my mind, he lost the semi mature upbringing his father gave him, and embraced DIKness far to easily. THAT should have been a bigger struggle. I was 18 once. I was unfortunately a manwhore that played football and was a nerd, but my freshman year room mate was a lot like this MC kid. I can tell you, he struggled with the whole transition to college party life a lot more than our MC does. I was no help whatsoever as I continued to try and hook him up. He eventually came out of his shell.

I am not advocating that the MC needs a protracted period to grow into it, but maybe a little more internal dialogue would have made him more likable. He just gave up and went to sleep. I want to like the MC, I love Derek. I didn't like Acting Lessons' MC either, but adored Liam. I guess that is my opinion also, but it strongly influences if I like a game or not.

Leap of Faith in my mind has the most likable MC I have ever seen in one of these games.
anyhow-
Peace and shit
The Metamorphosis of the mc was staggering. He went from a guy chastising himself because he should have kissed a girl after he dropped her home from work the first day he every talked to her (and in the real world that might have been a mistake anyway), to basically having the confidence to walk in to a room with three girls in the sauna, and join them for a blow job all within 2 weeks (I think). Of course we need to accept this otherwise we'd have to spend 6 months of dealing with him coming out of his shell, so I'm happy to suspend on that one.

You can, however, play the game as a complete puss (I gave it a try), wimp out on everything, score 2 on the DIK score board (Derek rapes you with a score of 11 or 12, can't remember), pull your hand out from Jill pussy quickly, stay off social media, and basically be a sad case - the option is there - and even in that scenario, it's a fun game.

Frostvred

Jan 21, 2019
"Late comer" to the discussion... (heck, even first comment here)

I stopped liking Maya after the grind pre-cumpetition.
I don't care if she was "forced" to do it..
As the way I see it, even if she had a gun to her face, nobody should be able to force her to do that!

Both from MC perspective. And Maya's own "insecurities".
This whole scene is breaking her character, and the "innocence" she supposedly have.

MC was asleep.. She hopped on him without his consent.
Somebody she had no relationship with what so ever.
This is the only reason I'll ever need not to like her.

My first playthrough I did try flirting with her up until this point.
Made me restart the playthrough as I didn't have any save points left prior to first meet with her.
Most playthroughs after, I was completely negative towards her from first meet.
Still get that scene.

I did like Josy, so when it was revealed that they were a "package-deal", even she was a no go.

But that shit is not OK!

If it was a male that hopped on a female the same way, he'd be in jail by the end of the chapter..
Just saying.

There should've been an option to throw her off, and leave to live elsewhere already at that point.

So like some say here, that people get "butt-hurt" cuz of her "cucking" and what not, is slightly generalizing a bit too much.

But. That's just my two cents.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Totally forgot that one!
Yes I played and agree with you and LOVE it. Yeah very early. Going to be a long slog I am afraid. It is at least easy to see some of the initial villainy right?
And the girls are hot!
Toooooooo hot :love:

Reactions: Arigon

KoolMe

Jun 23, 2019
I would say that you are correct that it is better than 90% of the AVN available. The problem is when you compare the top tier which is where his Daz skills clearly are, and look at the titles, you are seeing some writing that is exceptional.
Take for instance PhillyGames-friend and mentor of DPC. He still pretty much spanks his protégé hard. The freshman outing for both compared, PG wins hands down. Sophomore effort, PG again, clearly the better writer.
Drifty with his Leap Of Faith, excellent all around, and better writing, and his wingman is on par with Liam and Derek. His girls are frankly on par or possibly even better in a couple of cases. Most importantly, his main character is written superbly and is a very likable fellow. Hell, even the "Bad Girl" is more sympathetic than the Bad Girl here in BaDIK.
Heavy Five from Nottravis is both original, very well written, and is a completely solo effort. Her renders are also top notch.
TimeStamps both editions-much more complicated yet hugely popular, well written and renders that are also spectacular. The story is original and mind blowing.
Life Happened KinkyShop is amazing. The story is gritty, dark, and yet very much more enjoyable. The renders are great. The writing is great.

When compared to say WVM- BaDIK hugely wins. DPC hugely wins, though it is a very popular title. Compared to good writing and renders and delivering over all top notch products, the ones I mentioned, as well as a few I have not listed are the ones to compare it to. Some are unfinished freshman efforts, so it is even more impressive on their parts.
Peace
liking something is quite subjective
of all the games you mentioned i have only played 2
1.COBD
2.leaf of faith
leap of faith feels cheper (but good) dpc game . from episode reports to phone and even the the best friend feels copide from dpc ( probably the best way possible) and songs doesn't always match to the scene
COBD is good , with few plote hole , good graphics , good story ,good suspense ( nothing to complain )

no matter how much i hate forced maya or lack of choice or the affinity scale
its the only avn that made me care about the charecters and remember every story details possible
and also made me care enough to write about it

it's far from perfect but its still extraordinary

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
he won't do that but i think eventually it will happen in future because Josy is not a LI just to be Maya gf/side chick or whatever

in this path her being main LI does not make any sense specially when we have a character(tommy) to create drama
There is a difference between unintentional harm, which very much be a likely scenario, and the "player" wants purposely destroy their relationship. the second is not likely. Thats all im saying . also, assuming that Tommy is actually give a fuck about who is Josy is fucking with, is also unlikely. :LOL:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
There is a difference between unintentional harm, which very much be a likely scenario, and the "player" wants purposely destroy their relationship. the second is not likely. Thats all im saying . also, assuming that Tommy is actually give a fuck about who is Josy is fucking with, is also unlikely. :LOL:
I actually think Tommy cares a lot about who Josy is fucking. It would not be incest, at all, in any state, or country as far as I know, for them to copulate. So I think Tommy actually has a thing for Josy himself. Just an opinion, but one that may cause new stirs and facepalms!

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I think it's very likely. Adds more drama...all DPC knows. Even his biggest die hard fanboy fan...has to actually realise and admit this to themselves?

Of course Tommy cares...in the context of this story...why would he not care? Josy has no drama...really, at all. You can be damn sure DPC will give her some. You heard it here first ;)

I actually think Tommy cares a lot about who Josy is fucking. It would not be incest, at all, in any state, or country as far as I know, for them to copulate. So I think Tommy actually has a thing for Josy himself. Just an opinion, but one that may cause new stirs and facepalms!
Haha..beat me to it. But yeah...let the facepalms from rabid fans who think he can do no wrong roll in ;)

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
I think it's very likely. Adds more drama...all DPC knows. Even his biggest die hard fanboy fan...has to actually realise and admit this to themselves?

Of course Tommy cares...in the context of this story...why would he not care? Josy has no drama...really, at all. You can be damn sure DPC will give her some. You heard it here first ;)
Second bro, but yeah am in agreement :D

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I think that by now we would all bet our money that we will be able to choose to be with Josy and Maya again, right?

I mean, I have no doubts, it is that I simply see a lot of frustration and I want them to know that if they want to return with one of them so much they will be able, so relax and enjoy

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Sorry, I had to do it... :ROFLMAO:

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
Exactly. I wonder if we could take bets on what her drama is going to be. I'm probably going to go with her dad being in a serious accident and being put in a coma, as a bonus that could also include some drama for Tommy as well.

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Well anyways, someone pages back mentioned how Josy is easier to hold up compared to Jill. And to that I say, sign me tf up! I love a challenge and I'm sure MC does too. It's always the people you least expect to be the freakiest so, I have hope for all the lewd shit we can do with Jill's (and Bella) Amazonian body.

But, ofc Josy's scene was hot af too. Don't get me wrong on that

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Mistrophera

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Absolutely agree it is my opinion only. I just wanted to offer some examples.
I think everyone (including me) can agree that as college tropes, BaDIK is superb to most anything out there. I think Unleashed by Carbon Blue also has the potential to be superb. WVM in my mind is well.... kind of mindless. There is an interesting corrupt political and underworld plot in there, but it gets lost behind all the pussy that throws itself at this superhuman freshman.

Being a Rockstar deserves mention as the age group is close, but it is a different and engaging IMHO story that seems better written than the bulk of the available stories.

I think one of my issues with the story of BaDIK, is that you have this marginally sympathetic MC (I actually do not like him) who goes from being faithful to his one girlfriend/best friend, to instantly becoming the Adonis on campus. There was no doubt in his mind that he was going to do this, even after his trip home to see Josy... his dick was everywhere. I think in my mind, he lost the semi mature upbringing his father gave him, and embraced DIKness far to easily. THAT should have been a bigger struggle. I was 18 once. I was unfortunately a manwhore that played football and was a nerd, but my freshman year room mate was a lot like this MC kid. I can tell you, he struggled with the whole transition to college party life a lot more than our MC does. I was no help whatsoever as I continued to try and hook him up. He eventually came out of his shell.

I am not advocating that the MC needs a protracted period to grow into it, but maybe a little more internal dialogue would have made him more likable. He just gave up and went to sleep. I want to like the MC, I love Derek. I didn't like Acting Lessons' MC either, but adored Liam. I guess that is my opinion also, but it strongly influences if I like a game or not.

Leap of Faith in my mind has the most likable MC I have ever seen in one of these games.
anyhow-
Peace and shit
You know an MC I couldn't deal with, the guy from Acting Lessons. I could never get over the fact that he was an old guy (I got the impression he was 40+) and he was chasing all these 20 year-olds, and they were all responding like it was totally normal (they might have mentioned like once that he and Liam were older, but got over it immediately) . He totally felt like a cradle snatcher to me, and he was too fucking sensitive. That utter meltdown after the fire pissed me off, people endure way worse shit than that every day (ok probably not)... ...it still pissed me off.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Excellent. I can cuck Tommy with Heather and with Josy. If Monica or whatever her name is ever shows up I'm going balls deep in her too.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
You know an MC I couldn't deal with, the guy from Acting Lessons. I could never get over the fact that he was an old guy (I got the impression he was 40+) and he was chasing all these 20 year-olds, and they were all responding like it was totally normal (they might have mentioned like once that he and Liam were older, but got over it immediately) . He totally felt like a cradle snatcher to me, and he was too fucking sensitive. That utter meltdown after the fire pissed me off, people endure way worse shit than that every day (ok probably not)... ...it still pissed me off.
Not the greatest writing there then huh? :p

So, (no idea your age)...but if some hot 20 something was throwing herself at you, you'd turn her down? I sure as hell wouldn't. Do you have a moral issue with a 40+ year old guy dating a 20 something? No wonder you don't like my posts.....

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes