Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
at this point at least you could post one photo of you with the Maya wig :( :ROFLMAO:
NGL, I'd probably fap to it. (y)

---
Here to throw a monkey wrench into all of these Maya theories, I love Maya's personality but I dislike her looks. I don't give a shit about the "cucking" and I don't really care that much about all of her other real or perceived faults. My MC would have "forgiven" her the next time he saw her and wouldn't have moped around for a full episode. My entire problem with Maya is the fact that I find her up close (skin) to be physically repulsive. If she had Josy's DAZ skin texture then she would probably complete with Sage for my #1 slot (heh slot).

Incidentally, I feel the opposite about Josy. I think she's very pretty, but her personality is meh. She was away from the main story for too long in the first act for me to emotionally connect with her. She's growing on me now that she is on campus though.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
People say they don't like that she lied, I get that and I haven't been ignoring that as I've been saying that this is a very likely hypocritical viewpoint given that characters lie in other games yet most people don't give a shit so long as they can still get the girl. Maybe some people would do have a more principled stance when it comes to this, but I guarantee that most wouldn't give a shit if the MC had a clear path to winning over Maya and she wasn't with Josy.
I don't get how some people play other games is relevant to this discussion and how it makes their criticism of Maya less relevant or makes them a hypocrite.

After Ep 4, it did seem to be the prevailing argument that them reconciling and making the MC feel like a third wheel is what people most had a problem with. They didn't like that, and then came all the arguments about her "deceit", "lies", "manipulation", etc, but it was really just an excuse to cover up the fact that they felt cucked. The Steam forums were also, and may still be, filled with posts and threads that expressed the same sentiment, and some even said that they didn't like it because it was, for them, "cucking".
Again you repeat the same point and boil people's dislike of Maya down to their pissed because they got "cucked".

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I would say that you are correct that it is better than 90% of the AVN available. The problem is when you compare the top tier which is where his Daz skills clearly are, and look at the titles, you are seeing some writing that is exceptional.
Take for instance PhillyGames-friend and mentor of DPC. He still pretty much spanks his protégé hard. The freshman outing for both compared, PG wins hands down. Sophomore effort, PG again, clearly the better writer.
Drifty with his Leap Of Faith, excellent all around, and better writing, and his wingman is on par with Liam and Derek. His girls are frankly on par or possibly even better in a couple of cases. Most importantly, his main character is written superbly and is a very likable fellow. Hell, even the "Bad Girl" is more sympathetic than the Bad Girl here in BaDIK.
Heavy Five from Nottravis is both original, very well written, and is a completely solo effort. Her renders are also top notch.
TimeStamps both editions-much more complicated yet hugely popular, well written and renders that are also spectacular. The story is original and mind blowing.
Life Happened KinkyShop is amazing. The story is gritty, dark, and yet very much more enjoyable. The renders are great. The writing is great.

When compared to say WVM- BaDIK hugely wins. DPC hugely wins, though it is a very popular title. Compared to good writing and renders and delivering over all top notch products, the ones I mentioned, as well as a few I have not listed are the ones to compare it to. Some are unfinished freshman efforts, so it is even more impressive on their parts.
Peace
I can't agree. I haven't spent much time analysing each of these games, but I have played:
  • Leap Of Faith
  • City of Broken Dreamers
  • Depraved Awakening
Leap of Faith I played not that long ago. When I got to the end of what was available I deleted it. Maybe I'll go back to it one day but I don't think so.

City of Broken Dreamers is great, I'll be waiting for the next instalment and I can see myself following it to the end. It has an engaging, original (to my knowledge) story. But after I finished playing through to the end of the available content, I put it aside and will pick it up when the next update comes out.

Depraved Awakening I played through to the end but it almost became a chore. It was a good game but it bogged down for me eventually. I didn't care about any of the characters and I didn't care who the MC ended up with and I didn't care about the sex scenes. It wasn't a bad game, but it didn't grab me.

When I first played BaDIK ep5 was already complete, and after playing through to the end, I went back and played it again almost immediately with a different style, and then played it again a few times after that. Some times I just went back to a different save game and tried something new, other times I went right back to the beginning and played the whole thing and read everything. It was a joy to play and even when I became thoroughly aware of what was going to happen next I still enjoyed it immensely. I laughed out loud numerous times (admittedly it was probably Derek) and I went back and replayed scenes twice in a row just for the sheer enjoyment of it. It was like re-watching a favourite TV show or movie, it never got old.

So to compare BaDIK with all these other games and to state unequivocally that it is sub par compared to them, my response to you is simply, that's your opinion, and this is mine. Neither of us is right.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Does being a LI matter in the slightest?

Sage is the only LI that cracks my top 5 girls in this game, number 4 if we count all characters.

I never liked Maya, I can't wait to destroy her relationship and get with Josy.

Fucking Josy to fuck with Tommy is a must in this game, DPC gotta deliver. Bonus points if Heather is in the scene too.
you kind of a fucked up person didn't you ? :ROFLMAO: . don't worry, since its fundamentally against the MC's personality, none of this will happen:LOL:. well, aside from the Heather things. Yeah I can see that you can fuck her at some point.
I guess that there are people who are aiming to be the biggest jerk that everyone hate, may be that is an achievable ending:LOL:just then don't be upset and call it bad writing:ROFLMAO:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I can't agree. I haven't spent much time analysing each of these games, but I have played:
  • Leap Of Faith
  • Depraved Awakening
Leap of Faith I played not that long ago. When I got to the end of what was available I deleted it. Maybe I'll go back to it one day but I don't think so.

City of Broken Dreamers is great, I'll be waiting for the next instalment and I can see myself following it to the end. It has an engaging, original (to my knowledge) story. But after I finished playing through to the end of the available content, I put it aside and will pick it up when the next update comes out.

Depraved Awakening I played through to the end but it almost became a chore. It was a good game but it bogged down for me eventually. I didn't care about any of the characters and I didn't care who the MC ended up with and I didn't care about the sex scenes. It wasn't a bad game, but it didn't grab me.

When I first played BaDIK ep5 was already complete, and after playing through to the end, I went back and played it again almost immediately with a different style, and then played it again a few times after that. Some times I just went back to a different save game and tried something new, other times I went right back to the beginning and played the whole thing and read everything. It was a joy to play and even when I became thoroughly aware of what was going to happen next I still enjoyed it immensely. I laughed out loud numerous times (admittedly it was probably Derek) and I went back and replayed scenes twice in a row just for the sheer enjoyment of it. It was like re-watching a favourite TV show or movie, it never got old.

So to compare BaDIK with all these other games and to state unequivocally that it is sub par compared to them, my response to you is simply, that's your opinion, and this is mine. Neither of us is right.
I'm with you, I've tried those games and they are good but they don't reach the level of this one. And I started playing it with chapter 5 and only a couple of days before the release of chapter 6 and I think it was the best, if I had started playing it from the first day ... Jesus give me patience xD

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
What's funny is that I've seen people who bash Maya for not being entirely honest, but who praise and love Quinn, a bona-fide criminal. So it would seem that for some people, not telling the MC that you're gay and have a girlfriend is a far worse transgression than coercing girls into prostitution, selling drugs, physically abusing people, and theatening them to keep quiet. :rolleyes:
I don't think it's all that surprising. You know what Quinn's all about right off the bat (she's a cunt), and if you're a hot blooded male (or hot blooded female could work too, or really a hot blooded non-binary if we need to go there), you're first reaction would have been, "Don't worry, I'll be tapping that soon...". With Maya, it's all, "this sweet girl and I are getting close, this could be a nice romantic... WHAT THE FUCK, YOU'RE A LESBIAN AND YOU'RE CLOUTING THE CLAM WITH THIS OTHER BABE! OMG I WAS SO NOT EXPECTING THAT, THIS IS GOING TO TAKE ME A WEEK TO DEAL WITH!"

It was a little bit of a shock, that's all.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Does being a LI matter in the slightest?

Sage is the only LI that cracks my top 5 girls in this game, number 4 if we count all characters.

I never liked Maya, I can't wait to destroy her relationship and get with Josy.

Fucking Josy to fuck with Tommy is a must in this game, DPC gotta deliver. Bonus points if Heather is in the scene too.
Of course you don't like Maya and now even less that she slapped Quinn's face

I can't wait to take Maya to Quinn's funeral :LUL:

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I'm with you, I've tried those games and they are good but they don't reach the level of this one. And I started playing it with chapter 5 and only a couple of days before the release of chapter 6 and I think it was the best, if I had started playing it from the first day ... Jesus give me patience xD
Yeah, imagine the hours pining between each release, I'm already regretting finding this game now and not in a few years when it's done and polished... :(

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
  • Leap Of Faith
  • Depraved Awakening

Absolutely agree it is my opinion only. I just wanted to offer some examples.
I think everyone (including me) can agree that as college tropes, BaDIK is superb to most anything out there. I think Unleashed by Carbon Blue also has the potential to be superb. WVM in my mind is well.... kind of mindless. There is an interesting corrupt political and underworld plot in there, but it gets lost behind all the pussy that throws itself at this superhuman freshman.

Being a Rockstar deserves mention as the age group is close, but it is a different and engaging IMHO story that seems better written than the bulk of the available stories.

I think one of my issues with the story of BaDIK, is that you have this marginally sympathetic MC (I actually do not like him) who goes from being faithful to his one girlfriend/best friend, to instantly becoming the Adonis on campus. There was no doubt in his mind that he was going to do this, even after his trip home to see Josy... his dick was everywhere. I think in my mind, he lost the semi mature upbringing his father gave him, and embraced DIKness far to easily. THAT should have been a bigger struggle. I was 18 once. I was unfortunately a manwhore that played football and was a nerd, but my freshman year room mate was a lot like this MC kid. I can tell you, he struggled with the whole transition to college party life a lot more than our MC does. I was no help whatsoever as I continued to try and hook him up. He eventually came out of his shell.

I am not advocating that the MC needs a protracted period to grow into it, but maybe a little more internal dialogue would have made him more likable. He just gave up and went to sleep. I want to like the MC, I love Derek. I didn't like Acting Lessons' MC either, but adored Liam. I guess that is my opinion also, but it strongly influences if I like a game or not.

Leap of Faith in my mind has the most likable MC I have ever seen in one of these games.
anyhow-
Peace and shit

Reactions: shazba

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
NGL, I'd probably fap to it. (y)

---
Here to throw a monkey wrench into all of these Maya theories, I love Maya's personality but I dislike her looks. I don't give a shit about the "cucking" and I don't really care that much about all of her other real or perceived faults. My MC would have "forgiven" her the next time he saw her and wouldn't have moped around for a full episode. My entire problem with Maya is the fact that I find her up close (skin) to be physically repulsive. If she had Josy's DAZ skin texture then she would probably complete with Sage for my #1 slot (heh slot).

Incidentally, I feel the opposite about Josy. I think she's very pretty, but her personality is meh. She was away from the main story for too long in the first act for me to emotionally connect with her. She's growing on me now that she is on campus though.
The skin texture is a problem, for sure, but that's a graphical issue that wouldn't exist if this girl was real, so I can overlook that. Focus on the eyes next time you see a close-up of Maya; no flaws there. ;) Plus, she looks better in the special and custom renders, so maybe it's a lighting/filter issue.

ep5_reward_maya_8.jpg custom_render_september_maya3_4k.jpg march_maya_order2.jpg custom_render_maya_february2.jpg

Again you repeat the same point and boil people's dislike of Maya down to their pissed because they got "cucked".
Because I've seen this line of argument, so it's not hard to imagine that this is what it may indeed boil down to for some people.

Jan 18, 2020
No offence to anyone who likes her, but why do Jill's teeth have so much spacing between them? It's the first thing I notice when she opens her mouth and it looks really bad. DPC should have chosen a better model for Jill.
Also Josy has a bit but not even half of that of Jill.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I don't think it's all that surprising. You know what Quinn's all about right off the bat (she's a cunt), and if you're a hot blooded male (or hot blooded female could work too, or really a hot blooded non-binary if we need to go there), you're first reaction would have been, "Don't worry, I'll be tapping that soon...". With Maya, it's all, "this sweet girl and I are getting close, this could be a nice romantic... WHAT THE FUCK, YOU'RE A LESBIAN AND YOU'RE CLOUTING THE CLAM WITH THIS OTHER BABE! OMG I WAS SO NOT EXPECTING THAT, THIS IS GOING TO TAKE ME A WEEK TO DEAL WITH!"

It was a little bit of a shock, that's all.
I and many others personally saw it coming a mile away....however...if people really needed 'time to deal with it',....I'd advise they turn the computer off and go outside and reflect on their life and take a moment away from the keyboard heh.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
and you expect me to show my girlfriend to you ? to this kind of website ? if you not believe in my story thats your problem .
if you think that girl look like maya , than i can put a wig to every girl in this world and you will thinks that maya too
Don't get mad I was just kidding and don't worry if your girlfriend looks like Josy or not I don't really care :BootyTime:

Lutit

Oct 15, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
Can I download yr game for free?
Where can I like or reviewing yr game?
Thz.

• Haha
Reactions: jason20012992440914

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
Absolutely agree it is my opinion only. I just wanted to offer some examples.
I think everyone (including me) can agree that as college tropes, BaDIK is superb to most anything out there. I think Unleashed by Carbon Blue also has the potential to be superb. WVM in my mind is well.... kind of mindless. There is an interesting corrupt political and underworld plot in there, but it gets lost behind all the pussy that throws itself at this superhuman freshman.

Being a Rockstar deserves mention as the age group is close, but it is a different and engaging IMHO story that seems better written than the bulk of the available stories.

I think one of my issues with the story of BaDIK, is that you have this marginally sympathetic MC (I actually do not like him) who goes from being faithful to his one girlfriend/best friend, to instantly becoming the Adonis on campus. There was no doubt in his mind that he was going to do this, even after his trip home to see Josy... his dick was everywhere. I think in my mind, he lost the semi mature upbringing his father gave him, and embraced DIKness far to easily. THAT should have been a bigger struggle. I was 18 once. I was unfortunately a manwhore that played football and was a nerd, but my freshman year room mate was a lot like this MC kid. I can tell you, he struggled with the whole transition to college party life a lot more than our MC does. I was no help whatsoever as I continued to try and hook him up. He eventually came out of his shell.

I am not advocating that the MC needs a protracted period to grow into it, but maybe a little more internal dialogue would have made him more likable. He just gave up and went to sleep. I want to like the MC, I love Derek. I didn't like Acting Lessons' MC either, but adored Liam. I guess that is my opinion also, but it strongly influences if I like a game or not.

Leap of Faith in my mind has the most likable MC I have ever seen in one of these games.
anyhow-
Peace and shit
Have you tried AOA? I think it has potential, not at the same level since I think it has a Harem component, but at the level of the others that you have mentioned or better, a pity that it is still in a very early development

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
No offence to anyone who likes her, but why do Jill's teeth have so much spacing between them? It's the first thing I notice when she opens her mouth and it looks really bad. DPC should have chosen a better model for Jill.
Also Josy has a bit but not even half of that of Jill.
Agreed. If she had Quinn's smile it would help a lot, but I know for variety DPC can't use the same choppers for everyone.

Reactions: jason20012992440914

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Have you tried AOA? I think it has potential, not at the same level since I think it has a Harem component, but at the level of the others that you have mentioned or better, a pity that it is still in a very early development
Totally forgot that one!
Yes I played and agree with you and LOVE it. Yeah very early. Going to be a long slog I am afraid. It is at least easy to see some of the initial villainy right?
And the girls are hot!

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes