jackcisco

Nov 4, 2019
How the heck do you stop Discord detecting this game (aside from turning off game activity)?
I like my friends to know what I'm playing so if they see me playing something they can join, but I'd rather not have them joining me in playing this if you know what I mean!

Fortunately I was just testing it first and happened to notice my status in Discord. Otherwise I could have quite happily gone about my business (about 30-60 seconds) until one of them inevitably asks what this game is, then I have to try going down some terrible made up explanation to avoid any Googling! :ROFLMAO:

I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate knowing every single time I'm playing pogo stick in the land down under either :LOL:

This didn't happen until v0.6

Last edited:

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
How the heck do you stop Discord detecting this game (aside from turning off game activity)?
I like my friends to know what I'm playing so if they see me playing something they can join, but I'd rather not have them joining me in playing this if you know what I mean!
None of this appears to me in discord, well only one, Amnesia, but it appears to me that I am playing Amnesia the dark descent

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I've thought about this before (others may have already commented about it) but I think it's accurate to note that, unlike most other AVNs, BaDIK is virtually only dialog. There are very few lines of narration (some times the mc is thinking to himself, but it's a real time dialog with himself, not narration as such).

Other than the beginning where he introduces us to his dad and talks about family, the rest of the game, as far as I can recall, is dialog between characters or his thoughts at the time. There's no descriptions during the sex scenes, just visuals and dialogue. Most other AVNs have the mc narrating the whole game and have explicit descriptions of what's going on during sex scenes.

There's only two other exceptions I can think of, one was when Bella was crying when they were making out in the library and he commented he should have got help and then other was the monologue about doors at the end of ep3.

I think I like the dialogue only approach better, it's more nuanced rather than spelling things out. I think it's quite brilliant actually.

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
so wow, its funny I had hesitated on this game for some time now because I wasn't sure how I was going to like this game.
It's great, I laughed I cried (mostly due to some similarities to rl relationships I've had) I have so many questions and or speculations, hoping maybe people can help me with
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Gladheim

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
so wow, its funny I had hesitated on this game for some time now because I wasn't sure how I was going to like this game.
It's great, I laughed I cried (mostly due to some similarities to rl relationships I've had) I have so many questions and or speculations, hoping maybe people can help me with

I'm sorry for asking this question but, for you, which is better Josy with the MC or Maya? is that that part I did not understand well xD

For my part I would not know what to say ... I think Josy is better for the MC but she can get whoever she wants, on the other hand if Maya is the abandoned one ... it will be much more difficult for her to be happy

Reactions: dav3knight

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I'm sorry for asking this question but, for you, which is better Josy with the MC or Maya? is that that part I did not understand well xD

For my part I would not know what to say ... I think Josy is better for the MC but she can get whoever she wants, on the other hand if Maya is the abandoned one ... it will be much more difficult for her to be happy
well to me Maya just fits better, and I feel like they wrote Josy as Maya's support system (my interpretation of their relationship) now that theres a triangle I dunno, not that I dont like Josy shes just not Maya, if that makes sense, and playing this game for hours ( being at home sick, I was able to play large chunks) none of the other girls to me compared to Maya, its strange, Jill was nice but she was almost too nice , I mean I could list the other girls/women how I rank them or see them as far as being good fits for the MC but its just like I said it always comes back to Maya.

R1viel

Nov 25, 2017
So i finally finish ep 6 but on ending cutscene after prof burker delete mona scholarship he saw video about mc and jade so can any1 give me theory who broke dik promises about not tell anyone about that videos ?
The Current prevaling theories are that its either Nick or Tommy.

the theory about Nick is the traitor to the Diks is because is room and the library are the only ones that didn't get trashed.

Tommy has just been an asshole to the MC for most of the story so him leaking the video to get rid of the MC, While a streach after the later scenes in episode 6, is no impossible just unlikely.

Alternatively someone stole Jamie's phone which had/has access to the Diks cloud network which would widen the pool of suspects considerably.

My completely unsupported/meme theory is the MC sent the video to Stephen as a power play :ROFLMAO:

there maybe other theories I missed but the first two seem to get bounded about the most

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kellermann

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I've thought about this before (others may have already commented about it) but I think it's accurate to note that, unlike most other AVNs, BaDIK is virtually only dialog. There are very few lines of narration (some times the mc is thinking to himself, but it's a real time dialog with himself, not narration as such).

Other than the beginning where he introduces us to his dad and talks about family, the rest of the game, as far as I can recall, is dialog between characters or his thoughts at the time. There's no descriptions during the sex scenes, just visuals and dialogue. Most other AVNs have the mc narrating the whole game and have explicit descriptions of what's going on during sex scenes.

There's only two other exceptions I can think of, one was when Bella was crying when they were making out in the library and he commented he should have got help and then other was the monologue about doors at the end of ep3.

I think I like the dialogue only approach better, it's more nuanced rather than spelling things out. I think it's quite brilliant actually.
Yes, I always find it off-putting having to read through a sex narration because that unfortunately just makes me imagine the unsightly, rotund, bespectacled programmer sitting at his computer in a smelly room typing out his deviant sexual fantasies. I don't want to be reminded that it's him talking to me instead of the AVN girl. When it comes to sex scenes, show don't tell.

I think Josy is more for satisfying the carnal needs and Maya for satisfying the emotional needs. It sounds like you've answered your own question, but I'd hang on to both of them for as long as DPC will allow

Primal Host

Dec 2, 2020
Is it not something the dev implements with the game if Discord auto detects it?

Or is that just the rich presence stuff?
I think that's the rich presence stuff but it's not something I've ever messed with, I've had all sorts of random and obscure programs show up on discord so it makes me think it's however they detect running programs.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

i usually find descriptions during sex scenes cringe, like Kellermann

DPC does very well, things must be shown and not told, especially since everything we have been told is very confused (MC's mother and her family, the debt of Maya and her father to stay at the events closest to MC)

the flashbacks, which are not my favorite moments, played their role very well, completing the story very well

horusxcaen82

Mar 20, 2018
I think Josy is more for satisfying the carnal needs and Maya for satisfying the emotional needs. It sounds like you've answered your own question, but I'd hang on to both of them for as long as DPC will allow
I hate answering my own questions lol, the only other person I would have considered outside MayaMCJosy is Bella, theres just something about those out of reach women that really piques the interest.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I hate answering my own questions lol, the only other person I would have considered outside MayaMCJosy is Bella, theres just something about those out of reach women that really piques the interest.
I'm a Sage guy myself, but I can at least see the appeal of the other main LIs. Maya/Josy are my friends only so luckily I don't have to worry about choosing between them. I like Bella primarily for her mystery storyline. And I dare not speak poorly of Jill so as not to provoke the ire of Gladheim. :giggle:

Darkdevil66

Apr 16, 2020
Yes, I always find it off-putting having to read through a sex narration because that unfortunately just makes me imagine the unsightly, rotund, bespectacled programmer sitting at his computer in a smelly room typing out his deviant sexual fantasies. I don't want to be reminded that it's him talking to me instead of the AVN girl. When it comes to sex scenes, show don't tell.
It's one of the main issues with Become a Rock Star. Girls are hot like hell but god lord, it's like looking a movie with audio description. :sleep:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes