ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
100% agree
Couldn't have said it better.

This was the scene which shocked me the most.
She is blaming others for her mistakes.
What is even more enraging is that even if you ignore her texts/don't make a move on her/don't have sex with her, she still blames MC.

What some people here don't understand is that mainly Maya and Josy are to blame in this scenario. Not MC.
They were the ones cheating on their partner. Not MC.
Well, we can say this as an undeveloped storytelling. This scenario truly only works if MC is indeed involved with Josy and Maya the way it meant to be. In that Case he is also responsible for his own action, like it or not.
if you avoid them completely, then we have some plot holes, on the other hand, those peoples who not care about them, should not bitch about it , just let it drop, they are greatly rewarded, wiht Quinn, Jade and with others :ROFLMAO: .

I do have to admit, I hesitant to call this whole Josy Maya thing to a fiasco. Because after a year and half, this is still one of the most talking controversial topic, if that not good writing I don't know what it is, I mean nobody talk about GoT anymore, after season 8:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
instead, every time I see all the blame being placed on MC and all the justifications on the girls. It is not so.
Is everyone playing the same game?? Or are there different versions available lol.

I seriously don't understand how people can blame MC or blame all of it on MC only.
MC said "farewell" and was planning to create some distance between him and Josy.
But Josy being Josy hugs him and says "this is not farewell, this is goodbye"......
On the date too she asks MC to stay not the other way around.
MC isn't the one "making the moves" lol, it is Josy.

Roelandt

Jul 10, 2020
OK what's going on with the Jade & Cathy conversation at the end of ep 6? Out of curiosity I did a playthrough with no Jade sex and no Cathy sex. The conversation is exactly the same. So what was Jade mad about? What didn't Cathy know before going there? And where did she go? What IS the worst thing that ever happened? It's not sex tapes, there was no sex with those two this time.

View attachment 960214 View attachment 960215 View attachment 960216 View attachment 960217 View attachment 960218 View attachment 960219 View attachment 960220 View attachment 960221 View attachment 960222 View attachment 960222 View attachment 960223 View attachment 960224
I think it's a lot of things. Doc has broken Cathy (currently) in the storyline ("Episode 6: Destroy All Redheads").

First of all, Cathy isn't handling the humiliation of the Cluck as well as she'd hoped, as seen by the dramatic change in her disposition toward her class. In this scene, it's pretty clear to me that they are talking about the affair that Jade explained to MC in the lecture hall, and hinted at in Jade's thought-comment during the scene just before Chad came in to face charges of bullying the MC (Jade thought something along the lines of "He'll side with Cathy but not his wife...bastard"). From a storytelling perspective there would be little reason for the character (Jade) to share this thought or the story with the MC unless there was to establish a plotline. Without context it would have been a throwaway line and potential plot hole.

The questions of "would Jade this" and "would Cathy that" aren't really germane since don't know much about them apart from their darker sides.

I believe that given all her depression since the Cluck, it seems likely to me that Cathy has confessed to Jade about the (very likely one-time drunken) affair. Jade's calmness is to be expected because she has long since forgiven "her friend" (which appears to be Cathy of course) shifting all the blame to her husband, and according to Jade to the MC, it happened a long time ago. All of this is building to the closing scene of the Episode
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In this context, the dialogue in the scene is more clear. If the previous unseen pieces of the conversation was Cathy "getting it off her chest" and confessing apparently one-time indiscretion, the rest of the conversation makes perfect sense. There is nothing dramatic enough about Cathy being at Bella's house for it to have anything to do with that. How heart wrenching can it be to tell a friend that two other friends and one of her students tried to console her the other night? Her emotional state at the moment in the scene would be out of context to anything that could have happened in the aforementioned scene unless we just start making up stuff, like Cathy feels guilty because Cathy, Bella, Jill, and the MC are planning a bank robbery (hehe).

We'll see as the story plays out. I believe we'll discover that Cathy had a one-night stand with Jade's husband a LONG time ago that she has kept it buried and unspoken between her and her best friend until now. And in a fit of self-loathing given everything that has happened to her recently including her own personal choices (remember, Cathy is a seriously insecure woman on top of everything), she seems to have finally confessed one of the worst things a friend can do to another: cheated with her best friends husband. Perhaps Jade already knowing since the night it happened (as Jade explained to the MC) will help sooth Cathy's suffering. But probably not given the ending of the Episode. Just one more bullet that DrPinkCake fired into the back of Cathy's redheaded skull.

"I know, and it doesn't matter. None of that matters now. I'm not mad [at] you. I was upset but I'm over it." [she knew since day one and chose to forgive Cathy and blame hubby]
"You hate me. [this is Cathy projecting her feelings about herself. Cathy hates herself right now] You're my best friend."
"And you're mine.

Reactions: Garrett Hawke

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
Well, we can say this as an undeveloped storytelling. This scenario truly only works if MC is indeed involved with Josy and Maya the way it meant to be. In that Case he is also responsible for his own action, like it or not.
if you avoid them completely, then we have some plot holes, on the other hand, those peoples who not care about them, should not bitch about it , just let it drop, they are greatly rewarded, wiht Quinn, Jade and with others :ROFLMAO: .

I do have to admit, I hesitant to call this whole Josy Maya thing to a fiasco. Because after a year and half, this is still one of the most talking controversial topic, if that not good writing I don't know what it is, I mean nobody talk about GoT anymore, after season 8:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
"undeveloped storytelling"
Definitely this.

"This scenario truly only works if MC is indeed involved with Josy and Maya the way it meant to be. In that Case he is also responsible for his own action, like it or not."
Agreed. But is it only MC's fault/entirely MC's fault?

"if you avoid them completely, then we have some plot holes"
Yup, I tried avoiding them in all the ways possible.
Scene still plays the same way.

"this is still one of the most talking controversial topic"
This topic is of grave importance. Please take it seriously :LOL::LOL:

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
tbh I dont want her to be overly complicated and drama-laden as you put it, I love Josie's girl next door feel that's what attracted me as a player/reader to her person, I just want there to be a bit more of a nugget of character because we haven't spent much time with her outside being the 3rd wheel to the Maya/Josy relationship and I just want a bit more, not asking for much and hopefully episode 7 we get it.
Except that we had the date with her which revealed quite a bit about her and her personal life. They might seem like small things but we learn that she prefers flowers over chocolate as a gift, wine over beer, she's not that good in the kitchen but wanted to put in the effort to make the night special, her parents divorced after her Dad cheated on her Mom, she doesn't get on with her step-Mom or her real Mom, and we also get that moment where she bares her soul about how worried she is that she won't get in to college and what this means for her future. Compare all that to someone like Sage who we only recently found out has problems dealing with her emotions because her family aren't very open about that stuff, but we still don't know anything about her family (parent's names, siblings, etc), or about her likes and dislikes, her hopes for the future, her fears, etc.

Josy has, I feel, shown quite a bit of character already and some of it has come since she arrives at B&R, like when she pushed back against Quinn, bested her by going to Arieth with their Scavenger Hunt evidence, and even the way she's encouraging Maya with the MC because I think she can tell that there's something there and she's doing it as much for Maya and the MC's benefit as she is her own. I do too hope that we get some good one-on-one time with Josy in Ep 7, even some moments where she's away from Maya and interacting with other characters to enhance her character because what we have right now is good, we just need more of it.

I dont agree with you there. I dont think anyone said that Josy wasnt interesting, we are saying that she is indeed interesting but the way that DPC chose to portray her made her bland and co-dependent on Maya, making it seem like Josy is just in the game to be Mayas LI, like DavDR said before.

Thats just one (of many) evidences to show that DPC seems to have a preference to Maya... But I dont want to discuss this on this post because I want to at least give Josy something that she doesnt have to share with Maya

And, to be truly honest, I think peoples opinion on Josy is being dragged down by peoples opinions on Maya and on the M&J path :unsure:. Im just waiting for their eventual break up (at least on the other paths) to see what people REALLY think about Josy.
Co-dependency in terms of her story and drama, sure, but I wouldn't say that Josy as a character is co-dependent on Maya. I'd actually say that Josy is a big influence on Maya and that she's a positive force in her life, so she's more the dominant one in that relationship. If she's in the game for anything, it could to be to bring more legitimacy to this "lesbian-turned-straight" aspect with Maya because most games just a have a lesbian/bi character hop on the MC's dick simply by virtue of his dick and masculine charms, whereas here Josy could be a more reasonably believable influence and the key character in guiding this throuple path.

Exactly. The perception of these 2 is very much based on how you play it but it is also based on the lack of variation that DPC put in Ep 4 depending on how players approached these 2 characters. I'd also say that the reason it gets talked about so much isn't because of good writing but because of bad writing because almost all the issues some people have with these 2 could have been solved if they had been written better.

Jan 15, 2019
we have 1 LI on dik path i.e. Sage and 4 LI on chick path :WaitWhat:

if we look at walkthrough we can conclude that Josy and Sage were girls affiliated to Dik path so there is high chance we will get Josy solo route in dik path

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Is everyone playing the same game?? Or are there different versions available lol.

I seriously don't understand how people can blame MC or blame all of it on MC only.
MC said "farewell" and was planning to create some distance between him and Josy.
But Josy being Josy hugs him and says "this is not farewell, this is goodbye"......
On the date too she asks MC to stay not the other way around.
MC isn't the one "making the moves" lol, it is Josy.
Well, you can decide to not fuck Josy , and not spend any time with Maya. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

What peoples have to accept and understand, is to put aside for your own feeling for a second, then you will realize, The only reason why MC act like a but hurt bitch, because its Maya who is Josy's distance relationship partner, and He's other problem, is not that Maya has a secret girlfriend, but that it's Josy it is.

He does not give a fuck that Sage is in love with Chad, He does not give a Fuck that Bella say no to him, He keep pushing her, until she likes it. HE is a hypocrite bitch, who end up sitting in the floor between two chair:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: ename144

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
Well, you can decide to not fuck Josy , and not spend any time with Maya. :cool: :ROFLMAO:

What peoples have to accept and understand, is to put aside for your own feeling for a second, then you will realize, The only reason why MC act like a but hurt bitch, because its Maya who is Josy's distance relationship partner, and He's other problem, is not that Maya has a secret girlfriend, but that it's Josy it is.

He does not give a fuck that Sage is in love with Chad, He does not give a Fuck that Bella say no to him, He keep pushing her, until she likes it. HE is a hypocrite bitch, who end up sitting in the floor between two chair:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
MC is not in anyway perfect.
No one is claiming that.
He is how YOU (i.e. the player) wants to be.

"The only reason why MC act like a but hurt bitch, because its Maya who is Josy's distance relationship partner, and He's other problem, is not that Maya has a secret girlfriend, but that it's Josy it is."
Again this is because of poor writing.
You are literally forced to go after Josy and Maya in first 3 chapters.
there is no other way.
You can ignore them all you want but the scene still plays the same way.

Jan 15, 2019
MC in not in anyway perfect.
No one is claiming that.
He is how YOU (i.e. the player) wants to be.

"The only reason why MC act like a but hurt bitch, because its Maya who is Josy's distance relationship partner, and He's other problem, is not that Maya has a secret girlfriend, but that it's Josy it is."
Again this is because of poor writing.
You are literally forced to go after Josy and Maya in first 3 chapters.
there is no other way.
You can ignore them all you want but the scene still plays the same way.
all that is fine but why the fuck he is still forced to involve in maya problems . It does not make any sense

atleast give an option to skip them

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

but that is evident ...

MC risks losing his 2 main sentimental interests in one fell swoop. it doesn't seem like little to me

and he is in that situation even if he has been honest with both of them, which cannot be said to the contrary, with all the justifications of the case.

but what does it have to do with the rest of the speech?

why MC who decides to escape is one whose ass burns, while Josy who hides in the bathroom (preventing any immediate clarification among the 3) would be a symbol of virtue?

if MC pushes with Sage it's MC's fault, if Josy pushes with MC it's MC's fault ...

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Exactly. The perception of these 2 is very much based on how you play it but it is also based on the lack of variation that DPC put in Ep 4 depending on how players approached these 2 characters. I'd also say that the reason it gets talked about so much isn't because of good writing but because of bad writing because almost all the issues some people have with these 2 could have been solved if they had been written better.
I think the biggest problem regarding of them is not really the writing, although as I said, if you avoid them the scenario still play out the same way which is bad, definitely bad.
This is where the plot holes came in , He still act the same way. May be we can see this as a prologue of the story , or at least prologue of the Josy and Maya storyline.
very linear until this point, that lead to us to a conclusion, and after that we have a new begining.

BUT the final draw was truly the Affinity system, what I still dont like. This is where the Shit gets real, because, the Affinity system is the one who decide how the story progress from there. Most of the peoples were disappointed because of the rejection, regardless of how they build their relationship with the girls,
and I think the Rejection itself was what put most of the people off from the Josy Maya stuff.
What is a bigger sin for me personally, is the lack of content with them since the end of ep4. They were insignificant in ep5 and ep6, I didn't really feel I achieved something with them, well beside the best sex scene Josy :love:

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
all that is fine but why the fuck he is still forced to involve in maya problems . It does not make any sense

I'd love to have this option fren:cry:

All these problems are due to two things, poor writing and lack of freedom.
You are forced to take decisions you don't want.

It would also have been nice if we got the option to beat Troy again and kick his ass out of the room instead of going with Maya

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

The same reason you are forced in other scenes. They are part of the story, and MC is still friend with them Maya is still Derek sister, and Josy is still Josy. By this logic, we could complain about every scene we dont like.

Why my MC wanted to impress Bella? I don't care about Bella, Why MC ask Jill out on a date? Why I have to be involved in the hell week, Why I have to join to the Diks . See how this plays? :ROFLMAO:
We can go and on and on about it , if anything, Josy and Maya are are lacking since ep 4

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I've avoided commenting on the MC's behavior when he find's out about Maya and Josy because I had a very different reaction. Maybe I misread the situation, or maybe it was the path I was on, but I didn't think the MC's reaction was over the top, and I don't think he was mean, he was hurt in a way that was purely emotional and illogical. I looked at his reaction as "Why did it have to be Josy? This situation is fucked up and I can't deal with it right now." And I don't think that's unfair. In my interpretation it wasn't the cheating that bothered him, it was the sudden realization of the insane complexity and duplicity of the situation. I looked at the MC as someone that was mad at something intangible like fate- the fate that put him in the middle of a love triangle. He moved out for a few days (which was the right thing to do) and didn't say anything too hurtful or aggressive.

At least that's how I remember it. I don't remember thinking that I was too angry at either girl, just that it was best for the MC to disengage for a while and put some distance between himself and the girls. Reading some of the responses about how badly the MC behaved, I don't know if my read on the situation was just that much different or if it played out differently because of the decisions I made.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I've avoided commenting on the MC's behavior when he find's out about Maya and Josy because I had a very different reaction. Maybe I misread the situation, or maybe it was the path I was on, but I didn't think the MC's reaction was over the top, and I don't think he was mean, he was hurt in a way that was purely emotional and illogical. I looked at his reaction as "Why did it have to be Josy? This situation is fucked up and I can't deal with it right now." And I don't think that's unfair. In my interpretation it wasn't the cheating that bothered him, it was the sudden realization of the insane complexity and duplicity of the situation. I looked at the MC as someone that was mad at something intangible like fate- the fate that put him in the middle of a love triangle. He moved out for a few days (which was the right thing to do) and didn't say anything too hurtful or aggressive.

At least that's how I remember it. I don't remember thinking that I was too angry at either girl, just that it was best for the MC to disengage for a while and put some distance between himself and the girls. Reading some of the responses about how badly the MC behaved, I don't know if my read on the situation was just that much different or if it played out differently because of the decisions I made.
When you've tried your best to distance your MC from both girls (not having sex with Josy, not making any move on Maya and maybe even having a threesome with Quinn and Riona just moments before Josy arrival) and still get the same reaction, yes, you feel MC's reaction blaming both girls for not tellling him they were together is waaay over the top

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019

It would also have been nice if we got the option to beat Troy again and kick his ass out of the room instead of going with Maya
This is not an RPG, this is still a novel ,a book, we merely can decide what page we want to read, based on some of our actions. but even in RPG there is a Main storyline, even there your options are limited. Even in RPG games there is a Perfect playstile, a way how the game meant to be played to achieve the desired outcome.
like in Witcher, you have to play a certain way to get an ending you want to get, and if you don't play that way, you get an ending you don't like. You can't have Yennefer and Triss at the same time:ROFLMAO:.

once Badik is finished, we will know how we have to play the game to achieve the ending we want with the Girls.
until then we are in an emotional roller coaster, and we will often get a punch in to our gut, when we the least expecting it :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: R1viel and Ilhares
Jan 15, 2019

thats what i am saying that if for the friend zone thing it would have done at the starting only . It does not make sense after all things happened .

Reactions: DavDR

Deleted member 3006697

Compressor
Oct 30, 2020
The same reason you are forced in other scenes. They are part of the story, and MC is still friend with them Maya is still Derek sister, and Josy is still Josy. By this logic, we could complain about every scene we dont like.

Why my MC wanted to impress Bella? I don't care about Bella, Why MC ask Jill out on a date? Why I have to be involved in the hell week, Why I have to join to the Diks . See how this plays? :ROFLMAO:
We can go and on and on about it , if anything, Josy and Maya are are lacking since ep 4
"we could complain about every scene we dont like."
Nope.
It is an important/major part of the story.
People want to do things differently, rather than being forced to do stuff.
It is fair to complain about it.
Just because you like the scene doesn't means that others can't complain about it.

"Why my MC wanted to impress Bella? I don't care about Bella, Why MC ask Jill out on a date? See how this plays?"
As far as i know you have the option to reject them.
If it is hard for you, you can use the mod and change variables and play accordingly:)

And for joining the DIKs part, the name of the game is "Being a DIK"

"if anything, Josy and Maya are are lacking since ep 4"
Thank god for this!!

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes