Room639

Feb 24, 2019
The $40 tier is a bit worrying. People always say DPC isn't trying to squeeze dollars out of this game, but some things point to the opposite. 1) When he quit his job and did this full time, he said releases would be more frequent. That hasn't been the case. 2) When he got the new tech, he said it would allow him to release episodes more frequently. That's not the case. 3) He now has a $40 tier for promotional materials, which is not only bad marketing, it's also a bit of a cash grab.

I really, really enjoy this game, but the lack of more frequent releases and a growing influence on monetizing the game is worrying. A $40 tier member is paying $200 per episode. It's your money, so do what you want, but he's eventually going to tap out on support if he's only releasing episodes every 5 months for the next 4-5 years.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Why is the MC saved in her phone as 'Cute co-worker'
Also I wonder what horrors we would have found in her phone at her hang out?

Also that render did warm my heart even more, poor Tommy Holy Bacchus I'd drop you a like but I hit my limit today which is kind of annoying.

Dr. Psychedelic

Game Developer
Feb 9, 2020
Why is the MC saved in her phone as 'Cute co-worker'
Also I wonder what horrors we would have found in her phone at her hang out?

Also that render did warm my heart even more, poor Tommy Holy Bacchus I'd drop you a like but I hit my limit today which is kind of annoying.
it's either she didn't change our name or Lazy DPC
c90.jpg

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Maybe I'm in a minority here, but if people want to give you the big bucks, why should you stop them? I've seen other devs not wanting to create a 'whales' patreon tier and I frankly don't get it. You are not stealing that money (considering you're a honest dev, of course), you're just giving people the option to pay you whatever they feel you really deserve. You shouldn't limit yourself in that regard, just give them the option and let them decide if you're worth it. Because those people aren't really paying to get some in-game content before others, but to get all the other exclusive perks DPC is offering to them and, more important, they are supporting him with the money they think his work deserves. And that's the lesson to be learned: never understimate yourselves, never put a salary cap on yourselves. Let the market decide your limits, it usually knows better

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
meh, it's cute and funny etc, but honestly, My MC is not a Beta male who need a woman to stand up for him :p
:cool:(y):ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1036970
Josy's approve
View attachment 1036978
that's my girl:cool:
I fought Tommy too, but I still like that render. Honestly, I wish she'd do it on both paths because it was still Tommy who threw the first punch.

Plus, Tommy getting a double beatdown would've been funnier. :ROFLMAO:

Elsie Bray

May 31, 2019
Maybe I'm in a minority here, but if people want to give you the big bucks, why should you stop them? I've seen other devs not wanting to create a 'whales' patreon tier and I frankly don't get it. You are not stealing that money (considering you're a honest dev, of course), you're just giving people the option to pay you whatever they feel you really deserve. You shouldn't limit yourself in that regard, just give them the option and let them decide if you're worth it. Because those people aren't really paying to get some in-game content before others, but to get all the other exclusive perks DPC is offering to them and, more important, they are supporting him with the money they think his work deserves. And that's the lesson to be learned: never understimate yourselves, never put a salary cap on yourselves. Let the market decide your limits, it usually knows better
I’ll have to somewhat agree. It’s mostly pledgers fault if they are willing to spend $100 a month. Hell, he even made a $150 tier because people were genuinely asking to donate more money o_O

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
I kind of agree with Moskyx, that devs should let people pay what they want, and people can pay what they want, but I always worry about people wasting their parents money unwisely in situations like these (or just spend money they can't really afford). Plus I feel like at $100/$150 you should be getting more than a render. Free steam key, and maybe occasional merch (T-shirt/Poster). I guess I just feel at a certain price, I think that the dev should offer something a little more.

Dr Krieger

Jun 28, 2017
I kind of agree with Moskyx, that devs should let people pay what they want, and people can pay what they want, but I always worry about people wasting their parents money unwisely in situations like these (or just spend money they can't really afford). Plus I feel like at $100/$150 you should be getting more than a render. Free steam key, and maybe occasional merch (T-shirt/Poster). I guess I just feel at a certain price, I think that the dev should offer something a little more.
He mentioned a while back that he can't really give away steam codes like this. I think 100/150 usd tier is just for someone who really wants to support the dev.

Reactions: shinkei

Boy Blue

Sep 12, 2020
Get out here you capitalist cunt :KEK:
comunistdog.jpg

Jokes aside, I think I missed the post where people wanted to stop it. All I saw was people saying it was too much and they wouldn't do that. People can spend money however they want, that's how money works, but we also have the right to mock those people and say we wouldn't do that. After all, we are pirates.

Gladheim

King in the North
Donor
Nov 3, 2020
I thought the same, it is clear that with € 100 you support more than enough, but people who pay more than 30 in each dev and per month , they do to show love for the own dev and his work, a way that he can continue developing the game, they dont do it to "pay" for the game and I know this because I have spoken with many of those who pay those amounts...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't blame DPC. I just don't understand the point of buying a digital image that "expires", a commodity that is twice as fickle. if one can it is meritevle to support an author one likes, absurdly if I could I would be a $100 patreon rather than a $50 one who then pays $50 for a render.

but it's probably also a generational thing, i've been a comic book fan forever and i would never buy the digital version...

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes