moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I don't blame DPC. I just don't understand the point of buying a digital image that "expires", a commodity that is twice as fickle. if one can it is meritevle to support an author one likes, absurdly if I could I would be a $100 patreon rather than a $50 one who then pays $50 for a render.

but it's probably also a generational thing, i've been a comic book fan forever and i would never buy the digital version...
Yeah, well, I agree on this. But I highly doubt any of his $50+ patrons are paying that much only because they need to get those previews. That's probably the benefit they value the less (personal satisfaction from supporting DPC with all that money is probably the greatest 'benefit' they are getting, as Gladheim says)

Abas_Roberto

Mar 9, 2018
The $40 tier is a bit worrying. People always say DPC isn't trying to squeeze dollars out of this game, but some things point to the opposite. 1) When he quit his job and did this full time, he said releases would be more frequent. That hasn't been the case. 2) When he got the new tech, he said it would allow him to release episodes more frequently. That's not the case. 3) He now has a $40 tier for promotional materials, which is not only bad marketing, it's also a bit of a cash grab.

I really, really enjoy this game, but the lack of more frequent releases and a growing influence on monetizing the game is worrying. A $40 tier member is paying $200 per episode. It's your money, so do what you want, but he's eventually going to tap out on support if he's only releasing episodes every 5 months for the next 4-5 years.
Eh, I've been a $10 sub to him for nearly a year and a half (although I've dropped this to $1 for the past 2-3 months) and I don't think he's ever actually said that. Everytime he's made a big jump in performance or when he went full time, he's said. That being said, I am also also quite disappointed that the average release time has went from 3 months to roughly 5-6 months now. Then again, you also have to think that the game's render amount and quality, number of animations + length, and overall polishing has increased significantly. Just for example, your first date with Josy in Episode 1 has some pretty good awful lighting (specifically the part where the MC and her smile at the camera for a photo) compared to what we get now. Music has also made leaps and bounds.

And it's not like you're missing out anything. You still get the full episode at the same time as everyone else (within a couple of days or so depending on your tier). The only thing that you're lacking are those special renders he produces for the 75$ club, but you're paying for the exclusivity. If you paid that much money for something, would you really be willing to share it for free?

Not to mention that you really, really don't want to rush a creative process. A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is always bad. And this isn't the kind of game that he can ever patch, or not within reasonable bounds in my opinion.

Perhaps I've just been burned a bit too hard by CP2077, but so far I've been really happy with his work.

That said, I also thought the extended DnD portion last episode was kind of pointless and not very fun. But it was interesting and new, so I'll give him that.

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
He mentioned a while back that he can't really give away steam codes like this. I think 100/150 usd tier is just for someone who really wants to support the dev.
Oh that is a surprise, I wonder what the reason could be. I suppose he could gift the game instead?

But it doesn't have to be a steam key, it might be something exclusive like when he finishes the game he does a remastered version of the whole game as a reward for their support, or he gets someone to turn the game into a graphic novel for these specific patrons. I am just spitballing here. It might be a personal thing, but if I were the dev, and was making as much as DPC, I would feel these patreons deserved a reward somehow.

But sure I understand it is mainly people who wish to support the dev who do this.

Reactions: Dr Krieger

Jumbi

Feb 17, 2020
That said, I also thought the extended DnD portion last episode was kind of pointless and not very fun. But it was interesting and new, so I'll give him that.
Man, just for the moment when Tybalt appears after you charm Jill, that scene is worth it to me.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Josys so cute when she gets jealous if you go the Maya route instead of carrying her suitcases up to her dorm. When she walks into the bedroom to see both Maya and MC naked. "Um. Did you two just fuck?"

E. Man this reaction limits so annoying. Is there like some website dlc I can buy?

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
Thats a good point actually. Surprised their wasn't any renders for Valentines day. I wonder if Valentines day is a holiday in Sweden?
And the MCs dialogue is funny when he denies Josy and goes home then lays in his bed by himself.

Reactions: ChipLecsap

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Thats a good point actually. Surprised their wasn't any renders for Valentines day. I wonder if Valentines day is a holiday in Sweden?
And the MCs dialogue is funny when he denies Josy and goes home then lays in his bed by himself.
o_O, there is actually some betas who rejected her? :ROFLMAO: . Who the fuck say no to her on that date? I can understand the library, you don't want Maya as a third wheel:devilish:, but on the date, when she practicually offering herself to the MC?! :ROFLMAO::cool:

• Sad
Reactions: Casmyr

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
o_O, there is actually some betas who rejected her? :ROFLMAO: . Who the fuck say no to her on that date? I can understand the library, you don't want Maya as a third wheel:devilish:, but on the date, when she practicually offering herself to the MC?! :ROFLMAO::cool:
On my Jill playthrough and I wanted to see what would be different because I wasn't doing any of the Maya and Josy stuff lol.

God. Move over Magnar there's a new tri beta president and its me...

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Who can blame them for not really caring about Ms. I'm-A-Cheater when you've already been introduced to Librarian Mega Milkers by that point. :LOL:

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Well, the worst thing a cheater can do is to cheat on you. but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :cool:.
on the other hand, a Psychopath will probably kill you. :ROFLMAO:
but each their own:ROFLMAO:
Well you know what they say. "Never stick your dick in crazy... unless you've never stuck your dick in crazy." Try everything once, aye?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes