Naxer

Feb 6, 2020
Well, nice to see Maya again. Mid april update seems very plausible, and boy, that's a long wait...

The good thing is that DPC always delivers great quality and pretty decent content, so I'm content with that.

shinkei

Jun 18, 2018
Recently DPC had posted two new photos in his Twitter account which i think it's for Roster in future incoming episodes. The first one is about Caleb fought the arm wrestling match against the Jocks and he won it 6-0. The second one is about Jacob trying to painting Derek who wear the same monopoly cap he stole it at the Preps party and the same deer heirloom of Tybalt he stole it.

My question is if Tybalt, Jill and some Preps members take a look at that Roster posting in future incoming episodes, do you think they will blame Derek or not for whatever incident at that ill-fated Preps party instead of MC ?
That is a good question. Especially, because the Cathy incident shows that the Rooster clucks can have consequences. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they have a long term effect. I have been worried for a while given DPC's excitement about the phone that somehow something storywise will happen where the phone will be used against MC.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Just crude guy banter, would be my guess. Not based on anything known, Tommy's just being crass.
I think Tommy said the sort of thing people like Tommy say; I see no reason to assume it's any more accurate than the old football chant that went "Posh Spice Takes It Up The Arsenal" :LOL:

I'm not so sure. DPC likes to insert dialog that seems innocuous or irrelevant at the time, but comes into play later. A couple of cases in point:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

or

Granted, I haven't seen Clucks that foreshadowed anything significant yet, but it would not surprise me if DPC did it.

Reactions: akdomino

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
That is a good question. Especially, because the Cathy incident shows that the Rooster clucks can have consequences. I definitely wouldn't be surprised if they have a long term effect. I have been worried for a while given DPC's excitement about the phone that somehow something storywise will happen where the phone will be used against MC.
Some other member suggested that 'clucks' were 'for fun' and I was ready to accept that and I'm too lazy to scroll up to credit that user but thank you for proving me wrong. Clucks on rooster are not 'for fun'.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I'm not so sure. DPC likes to insert dialog that seems innocuous or irrelevant at the time, but comes into play later. A couple of cases in point:

or

Granted, I haven't seen Clucks that foreshadowed anything significant yet, but it would not surprise me if DPC did it.
but if what happens on Roster were to be taken seriously how is it possible that Tybalt, who is on Roster, didn't see the photos posted by Derek and used them to convince Jill?
If they didn't matter on that occasion I refuse to think they will later.

Then on Bella in particular: all the DIKs saw her coming out of MC's room, what does that photo matter anymore?

Cathe's case is completely different, it happens in the game and we're told it all comes from Roster, but it happens Live in the game.

akdomino

Feb 16, 2021

or

I agree with you 100%.
It's not just the dialogues, but also some objects that are initially irrelevant, but later become important. For example, the Dawes protein drink appeared before the sperm was added. So I wonder what role the kickboxing gloves that MC got from his father for his birthday will play in the further course.
I suspect he offers kickboxing training.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:unsure: :unsure:

how can a comment on a photo that you might well not have read be important for the plot?

come on, don't be victims of DPC's fame:ROFLMAO:

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Some other member suggested that 'clucks' were 'for fun' and I was ready to accept that and I'm too lazy to scroll up to credit that user but thank you for proving me wrong. Clucks on rooster are not 'for fun'.
If this isn't fun, you might want to expand your definition.

2021-02-19_9-19-36.png

but if what happens on Roster were to be taken seriously how is it possible that Tybalt, who is on Roster, didn't see the photos posted by Derek and used them to convince Jill?
If they didn't matter on that occasion I refuse to think they will later.

Then on Bella in particular: all the DIKs saw her coming out of MC's room, what does that photo matter anymore?

Cathe's case is completely different, it happens in the game and we're told it all comes from Roster, but it happens Live in the game.
I tend to agree. Cathy's Cluck aside, I'm not saying Rooster has any real impact (beyond RPs, which seem to actually have no real impact). I'm just saying I'm not ready to dismiss it, either.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
This is the beauty of the game though. Maya is weird, you need chick affinity to hug her after she shows you around campus and Neutral affinity for her to kiss the MC before he leaves for his date with Josy.
Probably because by that point she's gotten used to the MC and has started to like him, so she's softened and that's why you don't need to be all the the way CHICK to get that kiss.

That only has a consequence because it's part of the game's main narrative that this incident happens. It doesn't mean that any and/or all Rooster posts have consequences because we've already seen several that don't. This is because Rooster is an avoidable and optional thing that players can choose to interact with or not and this game doesn't have major consequences for things that are avoidable.

or

Except that those are dialogues from unavoidable parts of the main game. Rooster and other optional things like are not likely to have any far reaching consequences because they are avoidable and this game doesn't have that much branching in it.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
Except that those are dialogues from unavoidable parts of the main game. Rooster and other optional things like are not likely to have any far reaching consequences because they are avoidable and this game doesn't have that much branching in it.
True, but I wasn't talking about consequences. I was just talking about clues of things to come. The samples I cited had nothing to do with choices or branching, and they made sense only later in the story.

However, I'm truly hoping Tommy's remark means nothing, other than he's an obnoxious prick.

Reactions: shinkei

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
True, but I wasn't talking about consequences. I was just talking about clues of things to come. The samples I cited had nothing to do with choices or branching, and they made sense only later in the story.

However, I'm truly hoping Tommy's remark means nothing, other than he's an obnoxious prick.
ah ok

if you mean that they may be hints (but not cause) of future developments, of situations we will discover later: that is possible.

but I'd still give it little importance, that sentence about Bella could mean anything, we know Burke tried to involve her in group sex, there's the mystery of the dialogue with Jill...

about Bella there really isn't a single twist that would be completely unexpected

Reactions: shinkei

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Even then, no Rooster post has led to anything happening in the game later, they've just shown what has happpened. If DPC were to go even deeper into branching and interconnectivity between the actions of the characters, then maybe there would be consequences, but for these optional and avoidable side pieces, they seem to exist in a world where they don't result in anything. You can technically play the game without ever looking at Rooster, so to have something happen as a result of a NPC's post, or for something in a post to referenced later on wouldn't make sense if you never saw it.

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
I hope so too but in the end he's been at B&R longer than the MC has.

In episode 5 there seems to be some sexual connection between Jill and Bella. Jill as we know is an ex of Rusty, Rusty could have potentially started a rumor about Jill and Bella. Tommy reinforces that rumor because he's friends with Rusty.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

In episode 5 there seems to be some sexual connection between Jill and Bella. Jill as we know is an ex of Rusty, Rusty could have potentially started a rumor about Jill and Bella. Tommy reinforces that rumor because he's friends with Rusty.
Rusty does not seem like the kind of guy to maliciously spread rumours about someone.

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
there's the mystery of the dialogue with Jill...

about Bella there really isn't a single twist that would be completely unexpected
Mystery in dialogue with Jill? can you remind me please? :D I probably know what's going on, but I just forgot.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

seems very unbelievable to me....

assuming Jill and Bella had any history, would Jill have confessed this on their first date with Rusty? when we know from their first meeting that there wasn't exactly a lot of sympathy between the two...

Mystery in dialogue with Jill? can you remind me please? :D I probably know what's going on, but I just forgot.
the ones with the girls in bed in chapter 5, before Jill goes to sleep on the couch with MC

p.s. to me they don't relate to anything sexual

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes