Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
In general I don't like the way DPC handles the theroic antagonists. As much as I find him great in making the different characters interesting, on the villains of the story I always feel he lacks measure and focus.

Quinn has two problems:
1) the contradiction between being the nemesis, at least of the first part of the story, but continually suffering setbacks, failing at every attempt to achieve something. which makes her more like the Beagle Boys than a serious threat
2) the will to make us feel empathy for her anyway, among the secondary girls she is the one with whom MC can share more important sexual and emotional moments

all these claims on a single character make her generically out of focus, you should fear her, pity her and love her, but all together it's not possible
If Quinn was supposed to be the main villain for S1, then she was the worst villain in the history of worst villains. The problem is DPC established her as a villain, selling drugs and forcing girls to prostitution, but then decided to bank on the popular villain-to-hero trope, by trying to build a sad story for the said villain and possibly add a redemption arc in the future. It worked, but it also forced his hand to change her character and that combined with him making her incompetent by failing at everything, makes her even worse.

Personally, I feel no empathy towards Quinn, everything that happened to her she brought upon herself and only has herself to blame for it.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
If Quinn was supposed to be the main villain for S1, then she was the worst villain in the history of worst villains. The problem is DPC established her as a villain, selling drugs and forcing girls to prostitution, but then decided to bank on the popular villain-to-hero trope, by trying to build a sad story for the said villain and possibly add a redemption arc in the future. It worked, but it also forced his hand to change her character and that combined with him making her incompetent by failing at everything, makes her even worse.

Personally, I feel no empathy towards Quinn, everything that happened to her she brought upon herself and only has herself to blame for it.
Quinn is not an antagonist. A rival towards Maya sure, but since Maya is not the protagonist, Quinn is not the antagonist.

Reactions: Awry90 and Coinzell

Hesteros

Feb 18, 2021
Maya's slap is bound to raise a few questions that should by all reason make Sage investigate what's going on.
Don't forget Elena and Lily. They both care deeply for their sisters. Elena asked what was wrong right after the slap. Meanwhile Lily already knew that there was a ring going on. It wouldn't take her long to figure out about the free tuition and Burke.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

If Quinn had really been an unscrupulous villain, and had really made Maya do something irreparable, the condemnation towards her would have been without appeal. instead so it's all suspended

Quinn makes the girls prostitute themselves, it's true, but in the end the girls do what they want and with whom they want.

I think that the fact that the syringes have disappeared compared to the first scenes, depends also on the fact that they don't want the issue of drugs to appear too serious, in the end if we talk about joints in college the sentence is not so inflexible, now we'll see what will happen to those unsold doses (where moreover reference is made to a specific drug)

all these contradictions make the character hard to pin down (and overall "wrong") but still interesting, Quinn could really do anything at any time, from the worst crime to the unexpected altruistic gesture

if I had to choose between spending time with Camilla (but the same goes for some LIs) and with Quinn, with the former we all know what to expect, with the latter it would still be a surprise

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
It is possible the last name could have a plot point if there's a connection to the ski resort the preps go to. Albeit a minor one but could be part of the development of the details of his family history. But then again dpc could achieve the same thing if Lynette mentions the name of the hotel in the diary and there's a connection there.
There is no "ski resort the Preps go to". Dalli made that up out of thin air to try and justify a crazy theory.

Ok I just spent 5 hours updating my profile picture and creating my own signatures I'm ready to talk in the big boys thread now.

So what's up guys, what's your favorite outfit so far in game?
I don't really have saves to look at clothes but I think this one is at least up there for me
View attachment 1122726
Throwing it right back to Ep 1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

just out of curiosity, what are the terms i need to use to figure out that DPC is currently play testing and is 2-3 weeks from release?
Search for posts by N7 and you'll find the latest status updates.

absolutely agree with you
not even Neil's partial amnesia could justify MC not knowing his mother's real name,

surnames are simply not important to DPC, how many characters do we know of?
Except that it does. The MC has, a couple of times, seemingly expressed exasperation at his Dad's foggy and unreliable memory to the point where the MC seems disinterested in asking any further about his mother. Also, the MC knows how much the subject of his mother upsets his Dad so it's likely that he's never gone looking for information about his mother on his own because in digging up the past he may cause his Dad some distress.

But most of all, the MC may just not have any interest in knowing. He knows his Mom's name is Lynette, he likely knows what she looks like too, and he knows that she died in childbirth and his father is, for all intents and purposes, a good Dad who raised him in a loving and caring household. The MC even says in the opening monologue that his life with his Dad was a happy one, so he doesn't seem to have had much of a reason to want to know more about his Mom beyond what he already knows. He has his Dad and that does seem to be enough for him.

I honestly think it's entirely reasonable to assume that the MC doesn't know his Mom's family name because he's never been told and he's never cared to know.

If the MC is not on the path of Josy/Maya, Josy and Maya are applying to the Pink Rose because they need to make money?
They won't.

If there was something so important at stake, like finding out the truth about Burke (or about MC's family where I believe there is nothing to find out) I really don't think it would be tied to a specific branching part. it will be a common part for all players.
Agreed. Any significant revelations that aid the overall plot will not be consigned to branching choices or scenes.

Perhaps Stephen Burke is not Stephen Burke's real name either. What if he only took the name to get his doctor's degree? :unsure:
Seriously, dalli? :FacePalm:

Yes, I have thought about that. In the library scene in EP6, there is a woman who very suspiciously always moves away from the MC when he goes into the hallway. It could be that this woman has something to do with the real Stephen Burke and wants to expose the fraud. For example, she only needs to put a photo of the real Stephen Burke in the dissertation.:unsure:
Dalli, stop thinking billboards are real characters in the game. :rolleyes:

Quinn is not an antagonist. A rival towards Maya sure, but since Maya is not the protagonist, Quinn is not the antagonist.
From DPC's own Q&A:

Did you expect Quinn to have a decent size and loyal fanbase? From where did your inspiration for Quinn's character come?

I expected Quinn to be very polarizing. She is nowhere near a fan favorite based on polls, but she's unmatched in the game for those who enjoy a character like her. The inspiration was to create an antagonist that you'd either love to hate or hate to love. For me, Quinn is a character I love to write.

So, yes, she is an antagonist because that's what DPC says she is.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Don't tell me you are like that one guy that hung around here claiming that everything Quinn did was honorable and with good intentions.

Quinn makes the girls prostitute themselves, it's true, but in the end the girls do what they want and with whom they want.
That adds up to her incompetence, with Camila fucking MC without asking her and Quinn throwing a fit about it.

all these contradictions make the character hard to pin down (and overall "wrong") but still interesting, Quinn could really do anything at any time, from the worst crime to the unexpected altruistic gesture
I'm not a Quinn hater and admittedly she does have positive traits, but they are mostly pushed aside by her actions. True, she betrayed the DIKs, but then when Tommy told her it's over she looked like she seriously regretted her actions. Is it just good acting skills or legit feelings, I do not know. But my gut tells me that she really regretted that.

if I had to choose between spending time with Camilla (but the same goes for some LIs) and with Quinn, with the former we all know what to expect, with the latter it would still be a surprise
If I had the choose between the two, I'd go with Camila. You can never go wrong with the Latina goddess. :love:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Except that it does. The MC has, a couple of times, seemingly expressed exasperation at his Dad's foggy and unreliable memory to the point where the MC seems disinterested in asking any further about his mother. Also, the MC knows how much the subject of his mother upsets his Dad so it's likely that he's never gone looking for information about his mother on his own because in digging up the past he may cause his Dad some distress.

But most of all, the MC may just not have any interest in knowing. He knows his Mom's name is Lynette, he likely knows what she looks like too, and he knows that she died in childbirth and his father is, for all intents and purposes, a good Dad who raised him in a loving and caring household. The MC even says in the opening monologue that his life with his Dad was a happy one, so he doesn't seem to have had much of a reason to want to know more about his Mom beyond what he already knows. He has his Dad and that does seem to be enough for him.

I honestly think it's entirely reasonable to assume that the MC doesn't know his Mom's family name because he's never been told and he's never cared to know.
Come on...

if Neil seriously claimed not to remember Linette's surname he couldn't work on a building site and would have to be urgently admitted to some sanatorium

It's one thing to accept that details such as the exact dates are known, it's quite another not to know who the mother of his child is, the woman he had to mourn and bury.

then if the point is that MC does not care to know it, boh it seems to me also acceptable but I would not say reasonable... he may have been happy but the lack of his mother, if he did not feel it spontaneously, was made him feel it by the bullies of the school.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
You can't stop it now. My theories Manifest themselves slowly in the heads of the Gemeinschft. Not only here but also on reddit. Was stolen, but it's okay with me. :unsure:

Hahaha... Not Stephen, Tybalt, Quinn are the masterbrain of BaDIK.:devilish::ROFLMAO:
The guy spying outside might be Nick or it might be Derek, beating his dick off while watching MC again. :KEK:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I think it's someone who's leaving (or coming) secretly.

Why would they spy on MC?
Eh, it looks like a DIK jacket that the person is wearing. It might be Nick going out to meet Vinny. Or it might be someone trying to spy on MC for some reason. To me it looked like in the Bella blowjob scene with the angle from the outside that someone was already spying on them.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Really, felice? :KEK:
:ROFLMAO:
if it was just voyeurism it wouldn't matter, the DIKs know that MC is alone that night, who would they expect to catch him with?

then we see a shadow pass in front of the lights, don't go near the window and he sees worse from outside than we see him from inside

to me it seems much more significant that there is a DIk who for some reason goes out secretly (for evidently personal business) in the middle of the night, not that there is someone who at every opportunity goes to spy on Mc hoping to catch him with someone, when with Bella it is optional, and that night there is clearly no one and the DIKS know this

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
:ROFLMAO:
if it was just voyeurism it wouldn't matter, the DIKs know that MC is alone that night, who would they expect to catch him with?

then we see a shadow pass in front of the lights, don't go near the window and he sees worse from outside than we see him from inside
Stake-outs are more than catching the person in the act. Its also a shit ton of eating donuts and waiting for the act to happen. Over days if need be. You don't just show up at the right moment. You wait until, say, a hot sexy big tittied librarian with ties to the MC arrives, and then wait for some shit to potentially happen. And if it does, snappy snap with the camera.

BUT.

I just had a tangential thought. If MC receives pictures under the door. You think we'll get an option to go to Chad and be like, clearly someone is fucking with us, we gotta fuck this fucker up?

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Stake-outs are more than catching the person in the act. Its also a shit ton of eating donuts and waiting for the act to happen. Over days if need be. You don't just show up at the right moment. You wait until, say, a hot sexy big tittied librarian with ties to the MC arrives, and then wait for some shit to potentially happen. And if it does, snappy snap with the camera.

BUT.

I just had a tangential thought. If MC receives pictures under the door. You think we'll get an option to go to Chad and be like, clearly someone is fucking with us, we gotta fuck this fucker up?
If Burke receives pictures of MC and Bella from that night she helped him, we'll know that he's somehow connected to the Chad picture thing and the Cathy cluck as well.

Reactions: dalli_x
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes