felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Stake-outs are more than catching the person in the act. Its also a shit ton of eating donuts and waiting for the act to happen. Over days if need be. You don't just show up at the right moment. You wait until, say, a hot sexy big tittied librarian with ties to the MC to arrive, and then wait for some shit to potentially happen. And if it does, snappy snap with the camera.

BUT.

I just had a tangential thought. If MC receives pictures under the door. You think we'll get an option to go to Chad and be like, clearly someone is fucking with us, we gotta fuck this fucker up?
Bella's visit is optional and this scene is fixed.

and you don't see anyone spying, just someone passing in front of the lights well away from the window, from the outside lit you don't see anything in a dark room behind window and curtains

facts build theories, not the other way around.

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
Bella's visit is optional and this scene is fixed.

and you don't see anyone spying, just someone passing in front of the lights well away from the window, from the outside lit you don't see anything in a dark room behind window and curtains

facts build theories, not the other way around.
Bella was just an example. Fucking is not the only thing people get in trouble for. You'll never know what sort of skeletons your target is hiding in his closet unless you spy on him.

Bear in mind, I'm not swinging one way or the other. I just found it ludicrous that you would ask why would someone spy on MC in a game where someone is fucking with the DIKS, jocks, etc. Invading privacy, stealing and sharing pictures, etc.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
Quinn is not an antagonist. A rival towards Maya sure, but since Maya is not the protagonist, Quinn is not the antagonist.
I'm onboard this train. Besides, if Quinn were really the antagonist she would be neither out for the HOTS nor fuckable. Everything she has done has been motivated by keeping the HOTS funded. Her methods may be scrutable but anyone who says they wouldn't let her fuck them silly is lying. She is that kind of girl and guys like that. We're not talking serious relationship or marriage material here. We're talking she probably takes it in the ass and the face. She is the antithesis of, say, Jill.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
:ROFLMAO:
if it was just voyeurism it wouldn't matter, the DIKs know that MC is alone that night, who would they expect to catch him with?

then we see a shadow pass in front of the lights, don't go near the window and he sees worse from outside than we see him from inside

to me it seems much more significant that there is a DIk who for some reason goes out secretly (for evidently personal business) in the middle of the night, not that there is someone who at every opportunity goes to spy on Mc hoping to catch him with someone, when with Bella it is optional, and that night there is clearly no one and the DIKS know this
Someone is dimming the lights. Probably the one who walked past the windows before. After a magnification and a little more contrast and brightness you can see that.:geek:

lWG6sP9.png

My interpretation of the shadow is that someone is sneaking into the house. Since it is probably a DIK, he does not want to be seen leaving and/or entering the house.:unsure:

Who has the room directly above MC Library?:rolleyes:
Wait, above MC library is not a room!:unsure:
Maybe someone gets into the house through the roof or balcony?:unsure:

Last edited:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Someone is dimming the lights. Probably the one who walked past the windows before. After a magnification and a little more contrast and brightness you can see that.:geek:

View attachment 1123236

My interpretation of the shadow is that someone is sneaking into the house. Since it is probably a DIK, he does not want to be seen leaving and/or entering the house.:unsure:

Who has the room directly above MC Library?:rolleyes:
No one actually. There are two rooms only above and Jamie's room is above the bathroom next to MC's room.

Coinzell

Jul 15, 2017
There are different definitons of antagonist. Most say that antagonist is a character who works against the main character, or protagonist, in some way.
But there also definitisons like this "A character or force against which another character struggles." or this " a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary." or this " a person who is strongly opposed to something or someone"

So by such definition Quinn can be antagonist in relation to Maya, maybe to Sage depending on her further actions, but not to the MC, to whom her most antagonistic action was participation in prank in the 1 chapter where he was going to steal panties from HOT's. But this wasn't even organized by her, but the DIK's, and while you do such things it's kinda expected that you can run into problems.
Did she had the plot armor? Oh yes. She has fucking plot bomb shelter by now. But why it makes her bad character? Her plot armor is that all the characters that can drown her, including MC, suddenly become stupid/silent. But that's a bad writing by DPC (and there are different examples of that through the story). If he makes all the characters unjustifiably stupid and silent, does it make character who benefits from that bad?

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I can't help but think about what you wrote. The more I view this
View attachment 1122845

the more I see a painting and not an actual pair of boots. You might be on to something. Definitely the best theory out there so far imo
Yep, OFT absolutely nailed it. This one is now fact and no longer theory imo. The only thing that remains a mystery is who is the painting/picture of? Seems like the most likely possibilities would be: 1) James 2) Bella's child 3) Bella's father

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Come on...

if Neil seriously claimed not to remember Linette's surname he couldn't work on a building site and would have to be urgently admitted to some sanatorium

It's one thing to accept that details such as the exact dates are known, it's quite another not to know who the mother of his child is, the woman he had to mourn and bury.

then if the point is that MC does not care to know it, boh it seems to me also acceptable but I would not say reasonable... he may have been happy but the lack of his mother, if he did not feel it spontaneously, was made him feel it by the bullies of the school.
It's not for lack of memory that he won't have mentioned Lynette's surname, it's simply not been necessary. I'd say it's far more likely for Neil to have said something along the lines of, "Your mother's name was Lynette", than to say, "You mother's name was Lynette [surname]". Even for the MC, to ask after the first statement, "what was her last name?" does not seem like a natural follow-up. It's irrelevant information to a child who may also naturally assume that their parents were married and therefore shared the same last name.

I've known people who don't care to know much about estranged family members. An ex-gf was adopted and I asked her once about her real parents and she said she "couldn't give a flying fuck" who they were or where they were, and a friend who's Dad left when her Mom was pregnant said she had no interest to meet him or know who he was. Granted, the death of a parent is somewhat different, but the MC's been told by Neil about how Lynette's family disapproved of him and pretty much shunned her for running away with him, so I can see how, because of that, the MC doesn't care to know who these people are and therefore to know what her surname is.

Why not?:unsure:
"The Blacklist" inspired me to the theory.:cool:
We know from Jade that Stephen cheated to get his doctorate. We don't know how. I'm also happy to accept another theory, with appropriate arguments. :rolleyes:
This game is not The Blacklist. It's one of the furthest things that DPC could possibly gleam any inspiration for this game from. Stop using it as a reference point for theories. :FacePalm:

I'm onboard this train. Besides, if Quinn were really the antagonist she would be neither out for the HOTS nor fuckable. Everything she has done has been motivated by keeping the HOTS funded. Her methods may be scrutable but anyone who says they wouldn't let her fuck them silly is lying. She is that kind of girl and guys like that. We're not talking serious relationship or marriage material here. We're talking she probably takes it in the ass and the face. She is the antithesis of, say, Jill.
Protagonists and antagonists having romantic or even just sexual relationships is not something new or unheard of. Batman fucks Catwoman on the regular and she's been considered an antagonist for most of her existence. Another most famous example is Gone with the Wind where Scarlett O'Hara (the protagonist) has a relationship with and even marries the antagonist Rhett Butler.

An antagonist is not always the same as a villain, they're just the character who pushes back against the protagonist, blocking them from certain things, and proving to be a veritable thorn in the protag's side. The antagonist's efforts to reach their goal can often determine the story’s path and the escalating conflict, and this description seems to fit Quinn perfectly.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I saw this image and I thought "What are the other requirements to be able to unlock this image in the game completely? Because there were 3 and I had only one completed

And I think I remember that DPC had published an image of the new phone where he had Cathy in the wallpaper

So if each girl has 3 requirements to complete, does that mean that each girl will have 2 events for this episode?

And can we unlock all the drawings in this chapter or just some girls? :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: ZWCook

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
It's not for lack of memory that he won't have mentioned Lynette's surname, it's simply not been necessary. I'd say it's far more likely for Neil to have said something along the lines of, "Your mother's name was Lynette", than to say, "You mother's name was Lynette [surname]". Even for the MC, to ask after the first statement, "what was her last name?" does not seem like a natural follow-up. It's irrelevant information to a child who may also naturally assume that their parents were married and therefore shared the same last name.

I've known people who don't care to know much about estranged family members. An ex-gf was adopted and I asked her once about her real parents and she said she "couldn't give a flying fuck" who they were or where they were, and a friend who's Dad left when her Mom was pregnant said she had no interest to meet him or know who he was. Granted, the death of a parent is somewhat different, but the MC's been told by Neil about how Lynette's family disapproved of him and pretty much shunned her for running away with him, so I can see how, because of that, the MC doesn't care to know who these people are and therefore to know what her surname is.

This game is not The Blacklist. It's one of the furthest things that DPC could possibly gleam any inspiration for this game from. Stop using it as a reference point for theories. :FacePalm:

Protagonists and antagonists having romantic or even just sexual relationships is not something new or unheard of. Batman fucks Catwoman on the regular and she's been considered an antagonist for most of her existence. Another most famous example is Gone with the Wind where Scarlett O'Hara (the protagonist) has a relationship with and even marries the antagonist Rhett Butler.

An antagonist is not always the same as a villain, they're just the character who pushes back against the protagonist, blocking them from certain things, and proving to be a veritable thorn in the protag's side. The antagonist's efforts to reach their goal can often determine the story’s path and the escalating conflict, and this description seems to fit Quinn perfectly.
Maybe you explained it better than I can how we see the same things differently. In Gone With The Wind, I considered Scarlett to be the antagonist. CatWoman also fucked with Batman's head just because she could. In that way I do see a lot of resemblance with Quinn, who does the same to certain parties just because she can. But even if we take DPC at face value that Quinn is an antagonist, even if not the primary antagonist, I'm more interested in the endgame. She obviously can't continue to fund the HOTS through specious means. It would be ridiculous to have the MC save both the DIKS and the HOTS.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I saw this image and I thought "What are the other requirements to be able to unlock this image in the game completely? Because there were 3 and I had only one completed

And I think I remember that DPC had published an image of the new phone where he had Cathy in the wallpaper

So if each girl has 3 requirements to complete, does that mean that each girl will have 2 events for this episode?

And can we unlock all the drawings in this chapter or just some girls? :unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Probably fully unlocked chapter 8.

And assuming the unlocks go up in money so step 2 is 2 dollars and 3 is 3 dollars. Won't be able to unlock too many.

We also don't know the requirements, getting Jill's might be choosing Jill over Sage so you can't get both in one run.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

but this is not the case, Mc was not abandoned or given in adoption, he has no reason to have negative feelings towards his mother.

It may be OK that he has no interest in getting to know Linette's family directly (towards whom he may have negative feelings) but it would be normal for him to be as curious as possible about a person who was taken away from him too soon.

Curiosity that for example he shows as soon as he is given his mother's diaries.

until proven otherwise I take it for granted that MC knows his mother's surname, which is probably somehow also on the cheque he has just received. it simply has no narrative importance (at least for now, but anyway it is definitely neither a B nor an R)

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
What if Jamie is gay? :unsure:
That, like Troy, he's sneaking out of the house?:unsure:

Leon had to really talk Jamie into fucking Arieth. He has a feminist for a girlfriend. Maybe in the hope that he won't have to fuck his girlfriend so often. (Yes I know she thought she was pregnant).

Just a few thoughts.:rolleyes:
Eh, it might be possible, but that's a stretch and we basically have no proof. It could have been anybody outside and I don't remember seeing anything different in the mansion to be able to claim that someone sneaked in.

So the more likely version is that someone with a DIK jacket is sneaking out at night to go somewhere and comes back from the same place.

Reactions: dalli_x

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
What if Jamie is gay? :unsure:
That, like Troy, he's sneaking out of the house?:unsure:

Leon had to really talk Jamie into fucking Arieth. He has a feminist for a girlfriend. Maybe in the hope that he won't have to fuck his girlfriend so often. (Yes I know she thought she was pregnant).

Just a few thoughts.:rolleyes:
Jamie being gay or straight or a woman or a ghost or whatever the fuck doesn't matter.

And this is not just you, but I think the community as a whole is making a massive deal out of a shadow.

People walking outside a house they live in, is not anything, FFS it's probably just Jakob taking a piss outside because somebody is in the bathroom.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Even in 2D, Maya is hot!:love:
It makes me want to play an alternate version of this game with that drawing style
Probably fully unlocked chapter 8.

And assuming the unlocks go up in money so step 2 is 2 dollars and 3 is 3 dollars. Won't be able to unlock too many.

We also don't know the requirements, getting Jill's might be choosing Jill over Sage so you can't get both in one run.
Whenever there is a free-roam I try to get as much money as possible (But DPC always looks for a way to make us spend money on other things)

Reactions: ChipLecsap

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019
but this is not the case, Mc was not abandoned or given in adoption, he has no reason to have negative feelings towards his mother.

It may be OK that he has no interest in getting to know Linette's family directly (towards whom he may have negative feelings) but it would be normal for him to be as curious as possible about a person who was taken away from him too soon.

Curiosity that for example he shows as soon as he is given his mother's diaries.

until proven otherwise I take it for granted that MC knows his mother's surname, which is probably somehow also on the cheque he has just received. it simply has no narrative importance (at least for now, but anyway it is definitely neither a B nor an R)
I think the entire Lynette thing is being overthought. There has been no mention of her since the prologue. There has been no mention of any of her family, even in passing. One would think there would at least be some reference to her side of the family, even at the funeral, if that was to be part of the story. If something about Lynette's past shows up in this story this far in, out of fuck all nowhere, it's not good writing. I have family I've never met at all but I know their names and can trace their lineage and could contact them if I so desired. The MC hasn't made the slightest effort to do any such thing nor has anyone from Lynette's family made any effort to contact him. It's not as though Neil could prevent that now, even if he was preventing it previously. So, if her family was any kind of royalty in this story they would have knowledge the MC was attending B&R and ways of contacting him. All of this nonsense would take the plot so far off course that it simply doesn't make any sense to include it. The name of the game is "Being A DIK", something Lynette obviously could never have done.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There are different definitons of antagonist. Most say that antagonist is a character who works against the main character, or protagonist, in some way.
But there also definitisons like this "A character or force against which another character struggles." or this " a person who is opposed to, struggles against, or competes with another; opponent; adversary." or this " a person who is strongly opposed to something or someone"

So by such definition Quinn can be antagonist in relation to Maya, maybe to Sage depending on her further actions, but not to the MC, to whom her most antagonistic action was participation in prank in the 1 chapter where he was going to steal panties from HOT's. But this wasn't even organized by her, but the DIK's, and while you do such things it's kinda expected that you can run into problems.
Did she had the plot armor? Oh yes. She has fucking plot bomb shelter by now. But why it makes her bad character? Her plot armor is that all the characters that can drown her, including MC, suddenly become stupid/silent. But that's a bad writing by DPC (and there are different examples of that through the story). If he makes all the characters unjustifiably stupid and silent, does it make character who benefits from that bad?
in the first part of the story he is also MC's antagonist. everything we are told about her is negative, she has to do with drugs, together with Tommy they conspire against their superiors, she always has a harsh attitude against poor Riona (who is the only one with whom she has an apparently more sincere relationship)...

it's MC who is stunned by the taser, Maya will have been humiliated in the occasion, but MC didn't go well either. apparently Quinn wants to make both of them her toys (with different aims)

then at a certain point Quinn is so busy with her own problems that she stops giving Maya problems too, she "neglects" her completely I'd say from chapter 3 onwards. she goes from wanting to involve her in the restaurant to not caring about her scavenger hunt leaving her free with Arieth

and it's there that her character remains in the balance without a determined role.

when there will be the clash with Sage we will see what will happen, will it be the return of the prodigal son, or will she be fallen into the abyss?

Deleted member 2528490

Jun 28, 2020
I think the entire Lynette thing is being overthought. There has been no mention of her since the prologue. There has been no mention of any of her family, even in passing. One would think there would at least be some reference to her side of the family, even at the funeral, if that was to be part of the story. If something about Lynette's past shows up in this story this far in, out of fuck all nowhere, it's not good writing. I have family I've never met at all but I know their names and can trace their lineage and could contact them if I so desired. The MC hasn't made the slightest effort to do any such thing nor has anyone from Lynette's family made any effort to contact him. It's not as though Neil could prevent that now, even if he was preventing it previously. So, if her family was any kind of royalty in this story they would have knowledge the MC was attending B&R and ways of contacting him. All of this nonsense would take the plot so far off course that it simply doesn't make any sense to include it. The name of the game is "Being A DIK", something Lynette obviously could never have done.
In regards to MC not making the effort to contact his extended family, some people are just like that. Being Indian, I have a huge extended family. I could not tell you a single name or how I'm related to any of them. I don't even know my mother's sisters' children's names. When they have no direct impact or presence in your life... for some people, there's no desire to go find out. Your attention is on the things within your immediaite grasp.

So I don't see that as a bad writing thing.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes