himdawg

Feb 12, 2021
Probably alone here but I think Sage and Quinn would jam to this.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
As we know, our MC will be working in EP7. (Old People's Home, Library, Pink Rose) :unsure:

Once again 3 options as in EP4. With 2 options I see a sense.:geek:

Old people's home: I think MC will meet an elderly person from whom he will get information that will help him to explore his family history.
I'm hoping for a midwife or nurse who was there when MC gave birth. (Could confirm some theory or not)

Library: On the route the MC has time to read. Sally said to the MC that no one reads this old dissertation. Yes the MC should read it and then he will find out that Stephen Burke did not get his doctorate the correct way. We know that from Jade. A wonderful leverage to get free tuition for Maya and/or Mona.

I think the 2 theories above make sense.(y)

Pink Rose: Here MC will meet the Madame. But I don't think the Madame could know anything about MC's family history. Unless MC is a Burgermeister and he finds out about Rusty. It might also clear up a question about the Cum Petition. Rusty says on the Derek path in EP4 that there are several Cum Petitions and it is not just an initiation ritual.
What if the Cum Petition is also a recruitment test for the Pink Rose?
If the MC is not on the path of Josy/Maya, Josy and Maya are applying to the Pink Rose because they need to make money?
Maya would never make the move without Josy and Josy herself has already said that she is not errorless. (horror show for me)

But on the whole, I think the Pink Rose route will go nowhere for the MC, in terms of his family history. But at the very least, it's probably going to be pretty hot.:love:
Interesting dalli_x, the library part need a little more work, we know Burke buy his title, but not necessarily in B&R, there are many other college we know exist.
And i desagree with Maya and Josy work in the pink rose, with no proofs but without doubts.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
As we know, our MC will be working in EP7. (Old People's Home, Library, Pink Rose) :unsure:

Once again 3 options as in EP4. With 2 options I see a sense.:geek:

Old people's home: I think MC will meet an elderly person from whom he will get information that will help him to explore his family history.
I'm hoping for a midwife or nurse who was there when MC gave birth. (Could confirm some theory or not)

Library: On the route the MC has time to read. Sally said to the MC that no one reads this old dissertation. Yes the MC should read it and then he will find out that Stephen Burke did not get his doctorate the correct way. We know that from Jade. A wonderful leverage to get free tuition for Maya and/or Mona.
Perhaps Stephen Burke is not Stephen Burke's real name either. What if he only took the name to get his doctor's degree? :unsure:

I think the 2 theories above make sense.(y)

Pink Rose: Here MC will meet the Madame. But I don't think the Madame could know anything about MC's family history. Unless MC is a Burgermeister and he finds out about Rusty. It might also clear up a question about the Cum Petition. Rusty says on the Derek path in EP4 that there are several Cum Petitions and it is not just an initiation ritual.
What if the Cum Petition is also a recruitment test for the Pink Rose?
If the MC is not on the path of Josy/Maya, Josy and Maya are applying to the Pink Rose because they need to make money?
Maya would never make the move without Josy and Josy herself has already said that she is not errorless. (horror show for me)

But on the whole, I think the Pink Rose route will go nowhere for the MC, in terms of his family history. But at the very least, it's probably going to be pretty hot.:love:
If there was something so important at stake, like finding out the truth about Burke (or about MC's family where I believe there is nothing to find out) I really don't think it would be tied to a specific branching part. it will be a common part for all players.

for Maya and Josy it's too late to get a job, the tutition problem will have to be solved differently. besides it's completely out of character for both of them to choose the Pink Rose.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Perhaps Stephen Burke is not Stephen Burke's real name either. What if he only took the name to get his doctor's degree? :unsure:

That's exactly why I don't see the point of working in the Pink Rose.

If the thing with Maya's father doesn't end well and MC is not involved in the relationship, the two of them might be forced to do it because they need money. Yes, Josy wouldn't need to do it, but end EP4 tells Josy that Maya is her primary priority. And she will not leave Maya out in the cold.

I come up with such horror theory to prepare myself mentally for the worst. It is a strategy to avoid negative surprises.s.
If Burke is not Burke... How MC discover this reading old dissertations? If you go that way, it makes even less sense for me to discover it in the library.
Maya and Josy will not work in the pink rose, if you insist in the theory, then, they´ll not work in the pink rose in ep 7 ;)

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018
If Burke is not Burke... How MC discover this reading old dissertations? If you go that way, it makes even less sense for me to discover it in the library.
Maya and Josy will not work in the pink rose, if you insist in the theory, then, they´ll not work in the pink rose in ep 7 ;)
Is lily 21? She would have to be 21 to be working at the pink rose?
Josy and Maya are 18 so I doubt they'd be able to strip at the pink rose.
But then again the games based in America. And as Cole Porter once sang, Anything goes.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Is lily 21? She would have to be 21 to be working at the pink rose?
Josy and Maya are 18 so I doubt they'd be able to strip at the pink rose.
But then again the games based in America. And as Cole Porter once sang, Anything goes.
Excellent point, maybe that is an impediment. Nowhere does it say Lily's age, but we could think that yes, she is 21 years old.

Reactions: Casmyr

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Inter

Yes, I have thought about that. In the library scene in EP6, there is a woman who very suspiciously always moves away from the MC when he goes into the hallway. It could be that this woman has something to do with the real Stephen Burke and wants to expose the fraud. For example, she only needs to put a photo of the real Stephen Burke in the dissertation.:unsure:

I definitely do not insist on this Josy/Maya theory. Hey I'm on the path of the two and their fan.:D
Lostanddamned take a good look at what you're up against. there's still time. choose life

Dec 29, 2018
Quinn's bizarre obsession with Maya is a good example of why Quinn is the dumbest character in the game.

Quinn has been doubly fortunate so far in that Sage is too busy with her school work to focus on the HOTs, and the HOT code of "Don't turn on each other" is a perfect way for an opportunistic shitbag like Quinn to be shielded from criticism. But even when the stars align to give Quinn every opportunity to succeed, she still manages to ruin everything with her own incompetence.

Maya's slap is bound to raise a few questions that should by all reason make Sage investigate what's going on. Especially with Mona's abrupt departure as well. After all, Sage isn't a complete moron. When she suspects her boyfriend of cheating on her, Sage recruits the main character's help to learn the truth. If she does anything similar with Quinn, the truth would come out in a really big hurry. And in all honesty, it should've come out already.

Quinn is a bad character because other characters are forced to act out of character in order for Quinn's plot line to exist. The best example of this happens when you try to warn Maya about Quinn. There was no logical in-game reason for the MC to refuse to tell Maya why she shouldn't trust Quinn. She even flat out asked you why she shouldn't trust her, but you can't tell her the truth because that would destroy what is the flimsiest plot line in the game.

Quinn's delivery service is a pathetic house of cards that should've toppled ages ago. We could've ratted her out to Sage at any time, or at the very least threatened to do so unless Quinn eased off on Maya. But no, we aren't even allowed to try to do anything to Quinn. She's safely protected from the player by her status as the writer's pet. Maybe we'll get lucky and that will finally end now that the cat is out of the bag, but I'm not overly optimistic about it.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Quinn's bizarre obsession with Maya is a good example of why Quinn is the dumbest character in the game.

Quinn has been doubly fortunate so far in that Sage is too busy with her school work to focus on the HOTs, and the HOT code of "Don't turn on each other" is a perfect way for an opportunistic shitbag like Quinn to be shielded from criticism. But even when the stars align to give Quinn every opportunity to succeed, she still manages to ruin everything with her own incompetence.

Maya's slap is bound to raise a few questions that should by all reason make Sage investigate what's going on. Especially with Mona's abrupt departure as well. After all, Sage isn't a complete moron. When she suspects her boyfriend of cheating on her, Sage recruits the main character's help to learn the truth. If she does anything similar with Quinn, the truth would come out in a really big hurry. And in all honesty, it should've come out already.

Quinn is a bad character because other characters are forced to act out of character in order for Quinn's plot line to exist. The best example of this happens when you try to warn Maya about Quinn. There was no logical in-game reason for the MC to refuse to tell Maya why she shouldn't trust Quinn. She even flat out asked you why she shouldn't trust her, but you can't tell her the truth because that would destroy what is the flimsiest plot line in the game.

Quinn's delivery service is a pathetic house of cards that should've toppled ages ago. We could've ratted her out to Sage at any time, or at the very least threatened to do so unless Quinn eased off on Maya. But no, we aren't even allowed to try to do anything to Quinn. She's safely protected from the player by her status as the writer's pet. Maybe we'll get lucky and that will finally end now that the cat is out of the bag, but I'm not overly optimistic about it.
In general I don't like the way DPC handles the theroic antagonists. As much as I find him great in making the different characters interesting, on the villains of the story I always feel he lacks measure and focus.

Quinn has two problems:
1) the contradiction between being the nemesis, at least of the first part of the story, but continually suffering setbacks, failing at every attempt to achieve something. which makes her more like the Beagle Boys than a serious threat
2) the will to make us feel empathy for her anyway, among the secondary girls she is the one with whom MC can share more important sexual and emotional moments

all these claims on a single character make her generically out of focus, you should fear her, pity her and love her, but all together it's not possible

Casmyr

Quarters
Donor
Dec 6, 2018

I generally don't book mark posts but I've bookmarked this one.
Be blessed that big money cas has smiled upon you.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes