Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
A nice thought would be if MC belonged to a family even richer and more powerful than Burgmeister and Royce combined. :rolleyes:
I would like to see the face of Tybalt then.:D
Yes, I don't want MC to be a Burgmeister or Royce. A descendant of some other powerful family would be good...or just keep him as a commoner. Please don't follow the dogshit route of Rise of Skywalker where Rey has to be Palpatine/Skywalker.

I always thought DPC kept the last name out of it so the player could roleplay themselves in, but the more this story revolves around family heritage, the more likely and necessary it will be for DPC to assign and reveal a family name soon.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Why does everybody assume that the MC do not know his own mother's full name? Because they do not mention it? Well, no one mentions Niel's or the MC's full name, but I'm pretty sure he knows it.
He doesn't have to. He knows her first name and that's enough, plus we know from what he says about Neil's waffling memories that the MC's pretty much given up asking for further details about his Mom.

Somehow DPC seems to have something against last names. There are only a few that we know of.
Just about all games ignore surnames for characters, and this game is no different.

Reactions: dalli_x

Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
Have you also noticed that MC himself does not reveal his mother's first name to others except Neil. Shame on anyone who doesn't think that several people might know about Lynette.
It's not just the MC. Jill weirdly does not mention her sister's name in any conversation. The name avoiding between this 2 is getting too suspicious. I do not think the characters wants to keeps these names secret rather than DPC. It is getting too obvious so it should be resolved soon, possible in ep 7.
I suspect the name reveal will be tied to the next pages read from the diary. I think Jills's sister and Lynett were friends or at least knew eachother somewhat.

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
He doesn't have to. He knows her first name and that's enough, plus we know from what he says about Neil's waffling memories that the MC's pretty much given up asking for further details about his Mom.

Just about all games ignore surnames for characters, and this game is no different.
Serious question here:
In my country exist a "birth´s act", In which the data of the parents, doctors and the child must be included. Doesn't this exist in the USA?
Here is very important, because all other personal documentation is made with act´s information.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Serious question here:
In my country exist a "birth´s act", In which the data of the parents, doctors and the child must be included. Doesn't this exist in the USA?
Here is very important, because all other personal documentation is made with act´s information.
Birth certificates are a thing but I don't believe they have to contain exact details. I believe a person could easily put down the names of the parents as John and Jane Doe and get away with it, or even just put down a first name with no surname. Even then, Lynette's full name could be on the MC's birth certificate but it doesn't mean he's seen it or is even bothered about seeing it.

Reactions: MelonGod

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Birth certificates will also be available in the US.
Ok, then, if this certificate is made like in my country, the MC knows his mother´s full name, like a fact not like speculation, unless Neil has actually stolen the MC.

Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
Birth certificates will also be available in the US.
Ok, then, if this certificate is made like in my country, the MC knows his mother´s full name, like a fact not like speculation, unless Neil has actually stolen the MC.
Is your mother's maiden name a neccesary data to sign contracts and such in the US? Cause it is where I'm from, along with the date of birth. If so, MC took out a student loan, soooo there you go.

Reactions: sorco2003

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Birth certificates are a thing but I don't believe they have to contain exact details. I believe a person could easily put down the names of the parents as John and Jane Doe and get away with it, or even just put down a first name with no surname. Even then, Lynette's full name could be on the MC's birth certificate but it doesn't mean he's seen it or is even bothered about seeing it.
Following my reasoning, if there is a certificate, it is necessary to do the rest of the MC documentation, unless all these procedures can be done by the father.
If the certificate is a legal document, it should be endorsed with the parents' documentation, unless it is that easy to falsify births in the USA.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Given the mother died in childbirth, I think it would somewhat difficult to keep her name off the birth certificate. Besides, kids are very curious growing up. The odds that young MC didn't want to learn about his mother approach 0%. Sure, Neil could stonewall him, but that would probably just make him more determined to find out on his own.

Unless you think Neil actively lied to the MC to conceal his mother's family (which seems out of character for the Neil we've seen), I think we can safely assume the MC knows his mother's family name.

A nice thought would be if MC belonged to a family even richer and more powerful than Burgmeister and Royce combined. :rolleyes:
I would like to see the face of Tybalt then.:D
Clearly he's a descendant of the true masterminds behind B&R: the Ampersands!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Following my reasoning, if there is a certificate, it is necessary to do the rest of the MC documentation, unless all these procedures can be done by the father.
If the certificate is a legal document, it should be endorsed with the parents' documentation, unless it is that easy to falsify births in the USA.
From my understanding, all they require is a name, so someone could put down Daffy Duck as the name of the father and it would be accepted. Therefore, Lynette's surname could be absent from the birth certificate or she could have used a false name.

But the other point still stands which is that the MC may never have seen his birth certificate or have any interest in seeing it. Ask yourself, growing up, were you ever once been interested to see your birth certificate? I know I wasn't and I could easily believe that the MC feels the same way.

Given the mother died in childbirth, I think it would somewhat difficult to keep her name off the birth certificate. Besides, kids are very curious growing up. The odds that young MC didn't want to learn about his mother approach 0%. Sure, Neil could stonewall him, but that would probably just make him more determined to find out on his own.

Unless you think Neil actively lied to the MC to conceal his mother's family (which seems out of character for the Neil we've seen), I think we can safely assume the MC knows his mother's family name.
Neil has somewhat stonewalled him, whether intentionally or unintentionally, because of his waffling memory and you can tell from what the MC has said a couple of times now that he's all but given up trying to get any information out of him and he also seems disinterested in finding out anything on his own likely owing to the fact that he knows it upsets Neil when Lynette gets brought up.

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
Yes, I noticed. But, I think this is intetional to keep us guessing. Never the less mother's full name is something you know. I know that this is fiction, but so far the story did not trail off too far from reality. I would be dissapointed very much in DPC if it will be revealed that Lynette was part of either the B or the R family. That is just stupid. IMHO
I can see this, both b and r are known names attached to wealth in one way or another. So using that same logic Lynettes last name will probally be a wealthy name (or play on a name) thats attached to hotels.:unsure: (Marriott for example)

sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
But the other point still stands which is that the MC may never have seen his birth certificate or have any interest in seeing it. Ask yourself, growing up, were you ever once been interested to see your birth certificate? I know I wasn't and I could easily believe that the MC feels the same way.
It is not necessary for me to be interested, in my country it is necessary if I want to do a lot of things, so interested or not, I must see my certificate.
Here, at the age of 16 you have to renew your document, for which you need the birth certificate, and, at least in the old days, if you lost your identity card, you had to present that certificate to get a new copy of the dni.
But I understand that they are different countries and customs, so I would not give my personal example, and that is why I asked how it is there.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Is this game abandoned? Haven't seen any new game version release for quite some time.. Fyithis game is in top 3 on my list.
No, it just takes a long time, typically 4-5 months. Ep 7 will be released this month as it's currently in the testing phase.

Tserriednich'sNen

Engaged Member
Jan 16, 2020
From my understanding, all they require is a name, so someone could put down Daffy Duck as the name of the father and it would be accepted. Therefore, Lynette's surname could be absent from the birth certificate or she could have used a false name.

Neil has somewhat stonewalled him, whether intentionally or unintentionally, because of his waffling memory and you can tell from what the MC has said a couple of times now that he's all but given up trying to get any information out of him and he also seems disinterested in finding out anything on his own likely owing to the fact that he knows it upsets Neil when Lynette gets brought up.
I think it's a safe assumption to say that MC knows his Mothers surname. Something like would be difficult to hide given documentations and Neil himself unless you believe he doesn't know Lynette's last name. DPC doesn't seem to bother giving a lot characters last names unless necessary like with a plot event. (Rusty and Jill's lineage, Cathy's resignation letter Jade/Stephen/Tybalt etc. Unless we get some cheesy, cliché reveal like MC being a Burgmeister or something then his Mother's surname isn't really important.

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144 and Adinho

drakken

Nov 13, 2017
I think it's a safe assumption to say that MC's knows his Mothers surname. Something like would be difficult to hide given documentations and Neil himself unless you believe he doesn't know Lynette's last name. DPC doesn't seem to bother giving a lot characters last names unless necessary like with a plot event. (Rusty and Jill's lineage, Cathy's resignation letter Jade/Stephen/Tybalt etc. Unless we get some cheesy, cliché reveal like MC being a Burgmeister or something then his Mother's surname isn't really important.
It is possible the last name could have a plot point if there's a connection to the ski resort the preps go to. Albeit a minor one but could be part of the development of the details of his family history. But then again dpc could achieve the same thing if Lynette mentions the name of the hotel in the diary and there's a connection there.

InfiniteIgnorance

Nov 3, 2019

So, are we going to see his mother's picture on the HOTS Wall Of Fame?

imzahai

Apr 19, 2019
Ok I just spent 5 hours updating my profile picture and creating my own signatures I'm ready to talk in the big boys thread now.

So what's up guys, what's your favorite outfit so far in game?
I don't really have saves to look at clothes but I think this one is at least up there for me
View attachment 1122726
basically anything Sage wears; then Josy. :cool:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes