felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
But I can't agree with this. I have not found another game that offers meaningful branching significantly better than BaDIK. Plenty of games have very well done branching, but the branches are high level and very discrete - even then there are often plenty of seams visible. I've also seen a few games have more extensive branching, but those always run into the problem that the branching itself is so disconnected from any narrative as to become effectively filler.

BaDIK strikes the best balance IMHO. There's a ridiculous amount of attention to detail, with a lot of subtle callbacks to decisions you've made, but the game does keep those decisions (large and small) within the context of an ongoing story. It's not perfect and we will notice the rails on occasion, but it's still an impressive work.
The plot lines are clearly visible and the decisions we make have very little consequence for now.

we warn Maya that Quinn is dangerous and the consequence is that for a few days Maya will do the scavenger hunt alone, without any real consequences, and after days and days if we are still interested in Maya we will square some extra RP with her (will it be useful? we'll see)

Then there are decisions that lead to imponderable consequences like thanking Bella for helping us with Jill.

then there are decisions that we don't understand how they can't have consequences like flirting with Josy in the garden of the HOTs in case she had just lectured Sage or having a threesome with Quinn and Riona before Josy's arrival.

apart from the sense of impending disaster that DPC's fame brings with it, how many really significant decisions have we met? one per chapter maybe

it's true that there are a lot of reminders of what we do or don't do, that the characters remember how we behaved with them, but the influence of these direct behaviours in the end are much less decisive than affinity...

Reactions: bxchun

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I was never a huge fan of Bella and I've gone off Maya over the many months.

I don't hate any of them (I never got the hatred for Maya that some players got after she and Josy didn't choose the mc), and yet I still immensely enjoy the game and don't mind the interactions with Bella and Maya.

If you aren't on a Bella path, scenes with her are fairly consistent, i.e. she's still the glare monster, and Maya's a damsel in distress regardless, but that's who they are. I don't mind how the characters are written, but those two are just not written for my tastes regarding the mc's love interest.

I can imagine if you were only interested in Sage (as in your case) and find the other characters as tedious, that's a problem that you personally have with the game, but that's definitely not everyone's circumstance.

I guess your preference would be that if, for example, you didn't like M&J, you could reject them and their story arc is basically removed from the game and you don't have to deal with them anymore. That's certainly one way to do it.

DPC chose not to do that, but that doesn't make it a flaw. It just means he didn't cater to your preference of how you'd like the game to operate. It would be an impossibility to cater to everyone's preferences (in some reviews for this game people have written that they don't like any of the LIs).

So no, I don't agree it's a flaw, it just means this game is done in a way you don't like, but it's also done in a way that more people do like than any other game on this site. So it sounds like this game caters to enough people to be successful.

I felt that Intertwined also managed to have some significant branches from time to time.

But BaDIK isn't a "Choose Your Own Adventure" book. It never intended to be that. The significant choices are simply just the girls your chase and less significant (but still very entertaining) is the way your character behaves (DIK or Chick). To expect more, and to criticize it for not delivering that which it never set out to be, is unfair.

But that's OK too. It just doesn't appeal to you. I love how Tybalt is played out as a moron, I find it entertaining.
The best responses always seem to come right before I have to leave.

In short though, I'm currently playing several games that handle character, LI's, plot, and interactions much much better than BaDIK does, and it just highlights my frustrations with the game. Believe it or not I really liked this game, up to about episode 3. But after that it just seemed to get worse and worse. And I'm not just interested in Sage. There's two other characters that I really would have liked but DPC has pretty much fucked that up.

Daxos89

Jan 12, 2019
My thoughts on what I expect to happen in ep 8.

The episode will start with either a Bella or a Sage flashback. Sage is more likely, I think.

The MC will have the option to tell Sage about Chad. I’m hoping that MC can convince Chad to tell Sage about it himself. She is currently thinking that Chad was sleeping with Mel, this will be cleared up either way.

I do not think that any conclusion will be done regarding the offer Sage made to Maya, maybe some vague hints will surface on what it is exactly.

MC will have the date with Bella. Depending on whose flashback the episode started with, we may find out more about what she is hiding finally.

Tyballs will have the 3rd date with Jill. I think this will go horribly wrong for him, and Jill will realize what kind of person he is the hard way...

As per the walkthrough there are only 2 more mansion games left, so renovations will be finished this episode. I think the DIKs are getting paid more for the Pink Rose job then what Tommy is telling. As he is handling the deal, I think he skims some of the amount off for himself.

At the end of the episode, we will have the Halloween party. Quinn will try to sell drugs on it. If MC is in good terms with her, she may want to make a deal with him. Otherwise, she will crawl back to Tommy. Sage might learn some things about Quinn’s dealings.

If MC is on the M&J relationship and also with Sage, there will be friction about it on the party.

Maya will be less depressed this episode and MC will get his birthday present from M&J. Possibly at or after the Halloween party. (threesome in the HOT uniforms)

There will be some kind of backlash about the Jade video. I think Burk will bring it up next time Jade is threatening him with divorce.

The episode end cliffhanger will be related to Bella. We will find something out about (or meet?) James.

See you guys in a few months. :cool:

Daver

Jan 24, 2019
OK, good to know from the start. I only played some of the earlier episodes, so I know the characters. Could you tell me what type of pairings there can be? Especially regarding Sage (the redhead).
until now it's quite simple you just need to be on dik path and mainly being her guitar teacher

PervySageKem

Apr 12, 2020
moreover it seems starting from now you should pay attention to not lose any girls
I only played like three episodes, but Maya & Jozy are lost from the start pratically, right? I'm not interested at all on them, I just want to know about Bella, Jill and Sage. Are there any combos possible, or do you have to commit to only one?

asgardtipar2

May 24, 2018
Question about Bella, only open if you played the ep7. PS:> I did not finish ep7, so I don't know what happens in the end, I've gone back to play from the part where I DONT DROP CATHY OFF THIS TIME AROUND. Also, did the dev remove the part where you water BELLA's plants?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
OK, good to know from the start. I only played some of the earlier episodes, so I know the characters. Could you tell me what type of pairings there can be? Especially regarding Sage (the redhead).
With Sage currently with her it is complicated because of what happened in episode 7 you can be her fuck buddie, but that is what you will be a FB you do not know what can happen with her, you have two options to play being FB with Dik affinity or being Neutral-Chick and not being a fuck buddie with her, You are not going to fuck her until EP 7 but is the one with the most probabilities of having a more serious relationship with her

Last edited:

LoDoN-

Sep 3, 2017
I only played like three episodes, but Maya & Jozy are lost from the start pratically, right? I'm not interested at all on them, I just want to know about Bella, Jill and Sage. Are there any combos possible, or do you have to commit to only one?
No combos for the girls you want, maybe and thats a big maybe J&B (in the future), more likely than not they will close the path for each other.

Daver

Jan 24, 2019
they aren't lost, you can regain her relationship, about other girls (or woman)
Bella: at this moment we just know "don't mess with Cathy", but we already know she hates you fool around with other girls ("are you a Casanova?" from ep 2) so pay attention to it
Jill: well.. it seems you are not allowed to fuck other girls but Bella
Sage: be on dik path and don't worry
Josy: prefer her on Maya and don't be on Jill's path (I suppose in the future you should avoid being on Sage's and Bella's path as well)
Maya: at the moment there is no problem to fuck Josy, we don't know about other girls

Tadpol

Mar 22, 2021
For now (until episode 7), you can be with the 3 girls mentioned.

Considering how the game is done, it will not last. We do not know how it can turn out, either badly and the MC will be dumped by the 3, or well and it is the MC who will choose.

The easiest way is to have one save per girl. If you start a relationship, you can't stop it (except Jill in episode 7). So knowing that, it's better to have separate route.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes