Room639

Feb 24, 2019
The plot is slowly starting to thicken, and the MC will equally occupy himself banging girls and living life. Sounds pretty cool to me.
We're 7 episodes in an 2.5 years of production. I would hope for more than a bit of plot slowly beginning to develop after all that time.

Reactions: PeraDrnda

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
DPC himself has written that he is finally creating a scene in EP8 that he has been looking forward to for 2 years. :unsure:

Theory

In EP3 the MC goes to Jill to play her song on his guitar. When the MC enters the Preps Mansion once again, he sees a Rich talking on the phone. The phone conversation suggests that someone important to Rich may have passed away. Just before the MC makes the date with Jill perfect, Jill is interrupted by Tybalt. Jill was about to make a guess about the MC's origin. Take a look at Screeshot 1 and 2. Maybe the solution is in screenshot 2. :unsure:

Possibilities
Related to Tybalt
Related to Richard
MC is rich
MC is a madman
MC is insane rich

screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

This could then explain Josy and Maya's attire at the Spin the Dildo game in EP4. We know that on the MC date with Jill in EP4, the MC tells Jill all about his current emotional state. Jill learns that the MC is also attracted to Josy and is totally confused. Here comes my guess. Jill met with Josy and Maya and the three of them discussed this situation. Take a look at Josy and Maya's looks at the MC. Maya's looks at the MC with a hopeful look. Maybe she thinks that the MC can solve her tuition problems. Josy, on the other hand, somehow has a blank look. Maybe she learned that her mother is a native Royce (Lana) and the MC had a date with Josy and Jill. Stupid situation. But that could explain some strange scene in EP7. For example, why Josy asks the MC directly for Jill in the pool or why Josy says to Jill in EP7 after the presentation of Tybalt, where everyone can see the dick picture, that Jill has to fight for him. To me it sounds like Josy will hold back from a romantic point of view and give Jill the lead.

screenshot0003.png

This would actually clarify why Josy is afraid of losing Maya and the MC. Maya has also fallen in love with the MC, I think there is no doubt about that. But if the MC decides for Jill, Maya might want to stay with the MC. I always think of the custom render picture in this context, how Josy, Jill and the MC are sitting in a cafe and Josy is holding hands with the MC. Unfortunately I can't show this picture because I want to keep my Patreon account.

Also, there might be a surprise in EP8 that maybe one or the other was at B&R college 2-3 years earlier. Screenshot 4. The guy behind Rusty left shoulder could be a Derek with glasses. There are several mentions of glasses in the game. Dani, Jamie's ex, also says she wears contacts because glasses make her look fat and she would have rather spent the $12 on hair dye instead of a pregnancy test. Sage also has great ideas for Halloween. We see in this screenshot maybe 5 people that are very important to EP8.

screenshot0004.png

Just a few thoughts from my side. All just theory and conjecture to get the thread going again.:whistle:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The developer has a very difficult job. In episode 7, several mutually exclusive routes of character development appeared. And for each of them you need to write a scene.
It is not surprising that in the status update, DPC writes that there are 21 scenes left and it apparently concerns all possible roures of development, depending on the chosen solutions.
So,
1) Josy or Maya?
2) Jill or Josy? Jill and Josy become friends and this will become a problem if MC is on the path of a relationship.
3) Sage or Quinn?
4) Jill or Bella?
5) Jade or Bella? Bella will find out that her lover fucks Jade behind her back.
I believe that episode 8 will be the most dramatic of all. The girls will start fighting for the main character!
You forgot something. :unsure:

1.1) Josy with Maya! (Throuple):love:

This variant is very important for me personally.:cool: (y)

Reactions: lipe2410

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The developer has a very difficult job. In episode 7, several mutually exclusive routes of character development appeared. And for each of them you need to write a scene.
It is not surprising that in the status update, DPC writes that there are 21 scenes left and it apparently concerns all possible roures of development, depending on the chosen solutions.
So,
1) Josy or Maya?
2) Jill or Josy? Jill and Josy become friends and this will become a problem if MC is on the path of a relationship.
3) Sage or Quinn?
4) Jill or Bella?
5) Jade or Bella? Bella will find out that her lover fucks Jade behind her back.
I believe that episode 8 will be the most dramatic of all. The girls will start fighting for the main character!
In the game I think there are fundamental forks and secondary forks.

Secondary forks end quickly with in or out situations (like Cathe vs Bella).

the main ones on the other hand have a very long development, I take the example of Josy vs Jill, in practice it is from chapter 4 that both are aware of the other, and their relationship continues to develop until the awareness that they will have to "fight" for MC

and all these forks in the road are not part of the main story anyway, since they are all optional

Reactions: shazba

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
We're 7 episodes in an 2.5 years of production. I would hope for more than a bit of plot slowly beginning to develop after all that time.
Up until recently the game has mostly been character development, there's been some minor conflict but nothing with the impetus to carry the rest of the game.

Some of the relationships are changing (Bella's probably being the most significant with her deciding she wants to start dating the mc - that sounds so weird to actually acknowledge it...)

And some storylines are getting more serious (Quinn being mugged, Riona starting to get paranoid, both possibly tied in with the trashing of the DIK mansion), it's going to have to become more.

But the game, like Acting Lessons didn't start off plot driven. Like any good movie or series, you have to care for your characters first, then you throw them into peril.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I don't understand this... Did DPC ever said that Jill was added because he thought of an additional character? If yes, then did he make the whole story for Jill afterwards? Give me the source where he said this.

You won't have or find any because DPC did not add Jill, She was just revealed later. Read this Post to clear your doubts.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, Darkdevil66 knows whereof he speaks:
I continued to plan and outline the story. When doing so I came to the conclusion that I need another romanceable character, so I created her. Her name is Jill and I will wait to reveal her design until Episode 1 is close to launch. But I'm fairly positive that the majority of you will like her a lot.
Jill was added in December 2018, just a couple of months before the game was first released. BaDIK was in planning & development months before that.

DPC explicitly says she was created after the other LIs in that status update, so seemingly not part of the original story.

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
DPC himself has written that he is finally creating a scene in EP8 that he has been looking forward to for 2 years. :unsure:

Theory

In EP3 the MC goes to Jill to play her song on his guitar. When the MC enters the Preps Mansion once again, he sees a Rich talking on the phone. The phone conversation suggests that someone important to Rich may have passed away. Just before the MC makes the date with Jill perfect, Jill is interrupted by Tybalt. Jill was about to make a guess about the MC's origin. Take a look at Screeshot 1 and 2. Maybe the solution is in screenshot 2. :unsure:

Possibilities
Related to Tybalt
Related to Richard
MC is rich
MC is a madman
MC is insane rich

View attachment 1377442 View attachment 1377443

This could then explain Josy and Maya's attire at the Spin the Dildo game in EP4. We know that on the MC date with Jill in EP4, the MC tells Jill all about his current emotional state. Jill learns that the MC is also attracted to Josy and is totally confused. Here comes my guess. Jill met with Josy and Maya and the three of them discussed this situation. Take a look at Josy and Maya's looks at the MC. Maya's looks at the MC with a hopeful look. Maybe she thinks that the MC can solve her tuition problems. Josy, on the other hand, somehow has a blank look. Maybe she learned that her mother is a native Royce (Lana) and the MC had a date with Josy and Jill. Stupid situation. But that could explain some strange scene in EP7. For example, why Josy asks the MC directly for Jill in the pool or why Josy says to Jill in EP7 after the presentation of Tybalt, where everyone can see the dick picture, that Jill has to fight for him. To me it sounds like Josy will hold back from a romantic point of view and give Jill the lead.

View attachment 1377444

This would actually clarify why Josy is afraid of losing Maya and the MC. Maya has also fallen in love with the MC, I think there is no doubt about that. But if the MC decides for Jill, Maya might want to stay with the MC. I always think of the custom render picture in this context, how Josy, Jill and the MC are sitting in a cafe and Josy is holding hands with the MC. Unfortunately I can't show this picture because I want to keep my Patreon account.

Also, there might be a surprise in EP8 that maybe one or the other was at B&R college 2-3 years earlier. Screenshot 4. The guy behind Rusty left shoulder could be a Derek with glasses. There are several mentions of glasses in the game. Dani, Jamie's ex, also says she wears contacts because glasses make her look fat and she would have rather spent the $12 on hair dye instead of a pregnancy test. Sage also has great ideas for Halloween. We see in this screenshot maybe 5 people that are very important to EP8.

View attachment 1377446

Just a few thoughts from my side. All just theory and conjecture to get the thread going again.:whistle:
Rich explicitly says his grandmother is dead when he refuses to take drugs from Quinn

rich "I've been doing some thinking..."
rich "...or mourning."
rich "I haven't been myself lately. My grandmother passed away recently."
rich "After thinking about it... I don't want it anymore."

you're too distracted by reflections....:p:p

`Ray`

Jul 12, 2020
I wouldn't be so sure about that, Darkdevil66 knows whereof he speaks:

Jill was added in December 2018, just a couple of months before the game was first released. BaDIK was in planning & development months before that.

DPC explicitly says she was created after the other LIs in that status update, so seemingly not part of the original story.
I have no idea why then DPC replied to his patrons 3 three times saying that Jill was planned all along when he created the story. Suspicious....

"Jill was added in December 2018, just a couple of months before the game was first released"

Didn't Ep1 release in Feb 2019 or was there some demo?

Reactions: cheesyslack

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
This man is preaching and it's not even Sunday yet

....and im here to yell amen for all of it
I also absolutely don't care for minigames, i have deactivated them from start, for me they just spoil the mood in the game, making it more like a game and less like a VN.
What i love is the story, characters evolution, dialogues and when a minigames interrupts this it's just like finding a slug in my salad!

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Over future chapters, the only way I can see the icemaker on the HOTs fridge to get fixed is if you are on the Sage or Quinn path. :cool: --- wear normal cloths --- OR ---sexy handyman cloths with toolbelt---
Something like this :
59a7ff7f5f1bdb6b31e0942a56569530.jpg

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021

Theory

Possibilities
Related to Tybalt
Related to Richard
MC is rich
MC is a madman
MC is insane rich

View attachment 1377442 View attachment 1377443

View attachment 1377444

View attachment 1377446

I guess that this is quite simple for me, Jill is here from the start and it could be the scene where you will finally pop her cherry

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x and sava75

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
No, No , No, No, Wait a second :) . You not leading on Jill, unless you choose to do. Yes, you ask her out on a date, there is nothing wrong with that, that is not lead on. How you handle the Date is what matter. You dont shower with her, you dont kiss her , and She will make the conlusion to Bella, that MC is not intrested in her. Even MC say the line that, I don't think I'm interested in her after the episode 4 date.
View attachment 1377299
View attachment 1377300
And if you continue along this road, you reach the point in episode 6, when she won't ask you out for the birthday picnic , so you technically off from her path. DPC merely given us the setups for these paths, but it up to us whether we walk on it or not. for example it is mandatory for us to at least have sex with either Josy or Maya, but if you refuse, no matter the affinity they reject you anyway.
And you get the option to Fight for Jill, only if you are on her route, otherwise its not come up .

so Yeah you don't directly say " I'm not interested in you" , But you don't even need it.
Chick MC, doesn't want to date Jill, forced to ask her out on a date anyway. Why am I forced? Only for reasons of drama, that will come back to bite you later on whether you actually like Jill or not. If DPC isn't manufacturing some future conflict then there is no reason to have an uninterested MC date Jill in the first place. It's the same reason DPC serves up an enticing buffet of LIs. You are being led into a manwhore trap. Whether it is Maya vs Josy, Sage vs Quinn, Bella vs Jill, or any main or side LI combination in between, DPC wants you to indulge yourself so he can pull the rug out from underneath you later on. I actually think he has a hard-on for dashing players' hopes and dreams. The Bella/Jill dynamic is one way to for him to fuck with even a purist player on a solo Bella route.

Back to the Jill date, look very closely at the only two choices you are given for why MC is doing it. There is no ambiguity. 1) Ask Jill out only to spite Tybalt. That's not a CHICK action at all. 2) Ask Jill out because you like her. Oh I'm sorry, I missed the part where I liked Jill and wanted to ask her out. It doesn't matter that later on MC decides he is not interested in Jill (welcome to the party MC, I was there ages ago), you still ask her out while you are on the Bella path. Not quite a CHICK action, eh? Trust me, DPC will use this date and anything you do beyond the date to punish you later in the story. You may say, well if you're on a Bella only path why would you care if Jill gets upset. Because when Jill gets upset, Bella will get upset and the chastity belt goes back on. MC will have to spend an episode or two convincing Bella to take it off again. Likely the same will happen when James returns.

And by the way DPC, "follow the heart?" That's crap. What if my heart tells me to create a drug-addled harem and impregnate every woman on campus? :BootyTime: Just come right out and say it, you want to stomp on the heart. AL wasn't enough. The blood thirst has yet to be quenched.

• Angry
Reactions: Darg

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Chick MC, doesn't want to date Jill, forced to ask her out on a date anyway. Why am I forced? Only for reasons of drama, that will come back to bite you later on whether you actually like Jill or not. If DPC isn't manufacturing some future conflict then there is no reason to have an uninterested MC date Jill in the first place. It's the same reason DPC serves up an enticing buffet of LIs. You are being led into a manwhore trap. Whether it is Maya vs Josy, Sage vs Quinn, Bella vs Jill, or any main or side LI combination in between, DPC wants you to indulge yourself so he can pull the rug out from underneath you later on. I actually think he has a hard-on for dashing players' hopes and dreams. The Bella/Jill dynamic is one way to for him to fuck with even a purist player on a solo Bella route.

Back to the Jill date, look very closely at the only two choices you are given for why MC is doing it. There is no ambiguity. 1) Ask Jill out only to spite Tybalt. That's not a CHICK action at all. 2) Ask Jill out because you like her. Oh I'm sorry, I missed the part where I liked Jill and wanted to ask her out. It doesn't matter that later on MC decides he is not interested in Jill (welcome to the party MC, I was there ages ago), you still ask her out while you are on the Bella path. Not quite a CHICK action, eh? Trust me, DPC will use this date and anything you do beyond the date to punish you later in the story. You may say, well if you're on a Bella only path why would you care if Jill gets upset. Because when Jill gets upset, Bella will get upset and the chastity belt goes back on. MC will have to spend an episode or two convincing Bella to take it off again. Likely the same will happen when James returns.

And by the way DPC, "follow the heart?" That's crap. What if my heart tells me to create a drug-addled harem and impregnate every woman on campus? :BootyTime: Just come right out and say it, you want to stomp on the heart. AL wasn't enough. The blood thirst has yet to be quenched.
The "Follow your heart" is good advice and tells the player in which direction the MC should go. If you are interested in a LI, then the MC should follow his heart and not fuck wildly through the area. This is actually good advice from DPC.(y)

Just look at the routes of the LI's. Sure as a player we are kind of forced to have dates with all LI's. But a date is not a relationship and if the MC stays decent, by that I mean not giving hope to the LI's you don't want to have, everything will be fine. If the MC is a male slut now, he will probably have his fun like Neil, but in the end he will be without a life partner.:rolleyes::unsure:

Reactions: `Ray` and Redd23

notme222

Jul 6, 2021
I would like the game a lot better as a pure VN. I usually avoid games with free roam and mini games like the plague. I like BaDIK because of the characters and their development, I don't need the bells and whistles around it to find it good, on the contrary, it only distracts me from the plot.
I wonder how common this view is.

To me, that stuff is what makes it a game. An individual element can be good or bad design, but I really want them to try. An animated choose-your-own-adventure story (which is usually pretty linear anyway) doesn't feel interactive. And if it's not interactive, why wouldn't I just watch a movie or read an actual book?

Aug 15, 2019
There is the render itself, you can set it to have more or less details(there is a bunch of configurations, so I won't go into it). And in there, there is the lighting aspect to enhance these details.

We have a render guide and a show of 3Dart as a thread in the forum. Check it out if you're interested in something more deep.
could you link the post?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes