ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I doubt it very much. The production of one episode takes six months. That is, it will take 2 years to get a full season. Release dates are now the main issue causing the greatest skepticism. The only thing that can speed up the release or at least keep the release in the mode of 2 episodes per year is that he will no longer need to spend time creating a new environment. All important locations have been created. We had a freeroam in the mansion of diks, hots, preps. In the new update, the locations of the sports center will be presented. We haven't been except to the jocks.
If the game is still good after 19 episodes, no one will complain about getting more. If DPC pulls another blood bath, even 10 episodes will be too many. The length of the game on its own isn't the important part.

I do worry about DPC's ability to spin this story beyond Season 4, but there are ways he could do it depending on what happens next. If Episode 8 lives up to its title we should have a better idea of the scope of the story soon.

I'm just out here thinking why the fuck Quinn isn't an Li... I know she's an acquired taste and not everyone's cup of tea, I myself wouldn't say she's in my top 5 but there should definitely be a Quinn ending when the game is set and done.
Also Zoey.. she should be an Li as well, she's MCs first girlfriend and circumstances forced them to break up. when she and him does reunite, she shouldn't be just another fuck Buddy. this game is far from finish tho so alot can still happen it's all up to DPC in the end. The 5 main LIs as they are now don't necessarily have to be the only LIs going forward.
I still think the key difference is that Quinn is optional. You can choose to get involved with her if you want (and meet her criteria), but unlike the actual LIs you can also just skip her personal problems and interact with her only as an antagonist.

You're right that in theory DPC could always add more LIs later, but I doubt he will do so. If the current 5 LIs were added as the MC uncovered their paths, it would make sense to keep adding new ones. But the LIs were presented all at once at the end of Episode 1, even though Bella had shown no interest in the MC and Jill was barely in the game. Even Maya's status had just been thrown up in the air thanks to cliffhanger.

For whatever reason, those 5 were singled out for the end of episode status report. To me, that suggests there's more to the LIs than the other girls the MC fool around with repeatedly. It might be as simple as them being the only ones with proper endings, but I think it goes beyond that.

Either way, though, I don't think it really matters if Quinn is ever made a formal LI. Her importance to the story is obvious, she has her own version of all the LI activities, and it's not like being a formal LI in a DPC guarantees the girl a happy ending. :mad:

As far as Zoey is concerned, right now she has no connection to current events at all. I'll wait to see how (and if) she's reintroduced before I judge her romance status.

EDIT:
Any new about the update
Lest the actual answer get drowned out in a sea of unhelpful snark, it will be released on Friday.

Last edited:

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You shouldn't or else these people won't ever learn. Hit them with a newspaper.
Strongly disagree. If you fill the forums with disinformation, you make it impossible for a diligent but casual fan to tell the real information from the false. You are essentially justifying new requests for information because an unskilled search is no longer enough.

Plus, now that the date has been announced, you can literally answer the question in a dozen characters or less. It's hardly an imposition.

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
Plus, now that the date has been announced, you can literally answer the question in a dozen characters or less. It's hardly an imposition.
When the same question gets asked over and over and over again it quickly becomes apparent that people are just blindly posting without even bothering to look for an answer first. That sort of behavior shouldn't be encouraged. It doesn't take that long to visit DPC's Patreon and see the release date. Or to comb through the last few pages of this thread and spot the date. The simple fact is that coming here and posting "Hey guyz releaz dat plox?" is lazy.

Reactions: aegonplantagenet

hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Strongly disagree. If you fill the forums with disinformation, you make it impossible for a diligent but casual fan to tell the real information from the false. You are essentially justifying new requests for information because an unskilled search is no longer enough.

It's asked 20 times a day. It's about time people become self-sufficient instead expecting mommy to wipe to their asses. There's a search function for a reason.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
When the same question gets asked over and over and over again it quickly becomes apparent that people are just blindly posting without even bothering to look for an answer first. That sort of behavior shouldn't be encouraged. It doesn't take that long to visit DPC's Patreon and see the release date. Or to comb through the last few pages of this thread and spot the date. The simple fact is that coming here and posting "Hey guyz releaz dat plox?" is lazy.
AFAICT, the release announcement is locked to the $1 pledge level, and I don't see the date mentioned elsewhere on his Patreon site. There is no official, publicly available information about the November 19 release.

And while I agree people should be willing to search a couple pages of posts before they go asking questions, as I said that becomes moot when people lie about the release in response to those questions. At that point it IS actually a lot harder to dig down and figure out which is the real announcement than it is to ask for help. And it's not like we're in any position to complain about people making useless, time wasting posts, is it?

If you want to encourage people to trust their own searches, you need to discourage trolls rather than people who answer the question correctly.

It's asked 20 times a day. It's about time people become self-sufficient instead expecting mommy to wipe to their asses. There's a search function for a reason.
The search function is useless unless you know how to reset the default sorting priority. Even if you do, the question still remains how someone who doesn't follow this thread closely is supposed to tell the real release date from the false.

As I said, if you want to train people to be self-sufficient, don't deliberately inflate the difficulty of easy tasks and then laugh when they ask for help.

pyrofox1313

Mar 2, 2019
AFAICT, the release announcement is locked to the $1 pledge level, and I don't see the date mentioned elsewhere on his Patreon site. There is no official, publicly available information.
I knew he had a little release date section on his Patreon. I assumed with the date so near he would have publicly revealed it by now. The more I hear about DPC's Patreon practices the less I like him. Anyway, my point stands. There are plenty of posts stating the release date. It isn't that hard to find.

Dec 22, 2017
Do you lot remember that you bullied DPC off of this site because a good portion of you didn't like the Acting Lessons twist? Now pocket watching, critiquing DPC's business practices and what not, that's up the each person. I personally don't see the problem with anything he's doing because he's actually working on the game unlike some devs.

And despite the wait times the releases are bigger each time around, unlike some devs who take longer on releases to make less content. So to the fans who have a weird hate boner for DPC because he doesn't like pirates, or you think he takes too long to make a game you don't have to pay for, I suggest for you to bitch about some devs who's practices are literally milking people for money with no shame.

DPC is alright by me, the day he starts to skim on effort, and use his game as a device to screw loyal supporters is the day he'll be on my shit list. And it doesn't look like he'll join that list anytime soon.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
If the game is still good after 19 episodes, no one will complain about getting more. If DPC pulls another blood bath, even 10 episodes will be too many. The length of the game on its own isn't the important part.

I do worry about DPC's ability to spin this story beyond Season 4, but there are ways he could do it depending on what happens next. If Episode 8 lives up to its title we should have a better idea of the scope of the story soon.

I still think the key difference is that Quinn is optional. You can choose to get involved with her if you want (and meet her criteria), but unlike the actual LIs you can also just skip her personal problems and interact with her only as an antagonist.

You're right that in theory DPC could always add more LIs later, but I doubt he will do so. If the current 5 LIs were added as the MC uncovered their paths, it would make sense to keep adding new ones. But the LIs were presented all at once at the end of Episode 1, even though Bella had shown no interest in the MC and Jill was barely in the game. Even Maya's status had just been thrown up in the air thanks to cliffhanger.

For whatever reason, those 5 were singled out for the end of episode status report. To me, that suggests there's more to the LIs than the other girls the MC fool around with repeatedly. It might be as simple as them being the only ones with proper endings, but I think it goes beyond that.

Either way, though, I don't think it really matters if Quinn is ever made a formal LI. Her importance to the story is obvious, she has her own version of all the LI activities, and it's not like being a formal LI in a DPC guarantees the girl a happy ending. :)mad:)

As far as Zoey is concerned, right now she has no connection to current events at all. I'll wait to see how (and if) she's reintroduced before I judge her romance status.

EDIT:

Lest the actual answer get drowned out in a sea of unhelpful snark, it will be released on Friday.
I agree with you. The story in the game is served in small portions, and in several episodes nothing happens at all (for example, episode 2). It will be a big problem if the KDP wants to force the story and it will look crumpled and careless. But I have a good feeling about episode 8.

FDrebin89

Nov 12, 2021
There's a thread on the BAD Reddit with people complaining that the "I want more" scenario with Sage comes out of nowhere.

Did these people not call Sage during the party at the end of Episode 4 ("I can always make time for you, you know that") and did they not read the dialogue between MC and Sage when she's giving him a handjob and he pushes for more than "just sex?"

Yeesh.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes