Dec 22, 2017
I hate Quinn, always have and that won't ever change. But I think I see why people enjoy her route now at least. I finally decided to do a DIK run of her path, and she's a typical Japanese Visual Novel/Anime romance. Hard exterior that is almost impossible to penetrate, but so much damn fluff on the inside.

So I guess I get the appeal that some of you guys see in her. I still hate her, I still am against paying for sex and I won't ever forgive her for how she treated Maya. And speaking of Maya, I don't think if you make a choice for one girl or another, that means their path is closed off. I honestly believe DPC made players choose a girl, to make the save file transfer to season 3 easier.

So my hope for a Maya solo route is still alive I think. Despite the fact that I really love Jill's path, I'm always going to hold a strong candle for Maya. Still she's my favorite character, and I've always been a little bitter towards Josy. I like Josy just fine, hell think she's cool as hell, but I've always felt that she took Maya

JamieSadistic

Dec 19, 2018
I think the mc and Heather further increased their relationship over some texting this episode, but definitely it was another step backwards with Sally. She's such an angry li'l bitch... :rolleyes:

I meant to add, regarding the pregnancy, that knowing how DPC is a big fan of misdirection, it's probably just from a flashback scene with Neil and Lynette discovering Fuckface is on the way.
I swear I heard the Kool-aid man saying "OH YEAH!" in my head when Heather said something about making MC a plus 1 through text, and Sally is angry because Magnar isn't packing the Magnum condom...or he's too wrapped up in studying and DNG to give her any kind of proper attention.
Giving DPC's writing style, that would really make the most sense with the pregnancy test. It's probably a photo in Lynette's scrapbook or something.

Its not really incest. And with Sage being adopted i think thats what dpc is going for both the others and Sage Path. I doubt Sage being Jades daughter was just for a twist at the end of the episode. I think it makes perfect sense with Sage wanting to experiment and all.
I doubt that Sage's route will include any sex scenes with Jade...however, Sage wanting to explore her sexual side and her newfound enjoyment of threesomes could open up a world of opportunites in the HOT mansion... Threesomes with Elena, Heather, Mel and Sarah, Quinn, Riona...hell she even could go off the deep end and instigate an orgy at one of her movie nights.

grandtalon

May 23, 2021
I hate Quinn, always have and that won't ever change. But I think I see why people enjoy her route now at least. I finally decided to do a DIK run of her path, and she's a typical Japanese Visual Novel/Anime romance. Hard exterior that is almost impossible to penetrate, but so much damn fluff on the inside.
Yeah she's basically a drug dealing Helga Pataki. But instead of football head it's pervert, and she doesn't have a shrine to the MC to our knowledge. We see hints though about the soft girl underneath, but in public she has to be all tough. She even has a Asian girl side kick/best friend.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
is there a update only download?
do i have to download whole game for last episode??
what about my saves :cry:
Any way to download this game expect new MEGA account? Rest of links are bullshit? Any good torrent?
v 0.7.2 to 0 ,8,1 just paste it from patch 0.8.1 ?? help please
Where's the download for the update? NOT the patch?
I just need episode 8... Dang. That's ALL night.
20 GB??? I mean I just want to play the last update XD
I think it is weird that to download the whole game is almost 20 GB.
I'm poor and cant afford to pay those download site for the fast speed and my internet speed is slow anyways. was there there a smaller download that i missed. the last version i had was v0.7.0
Unofficial EP8 update-only patch without the crap to re-download EP1 to E7.x was posted here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-v0-8-0-dr-pinkcake.25332/post-6985459

Reactions: Meushi

magaclaawe

Mar 5, 2020
I think Patreon's anti-incest rules apply to step and adopted relations. That's why beforehand it was all step-parents and siblings, now it's all landladies and "friends".
Even step are not allowed? Seems harsh. Its good that Jade and Sage are not really related by blood so the threesome could very well happen.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Arigon

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Even step are not allowed? Seems harsh. Its good that Jade and Sage are not really related by blood so the threesome could very well happen.
just throw away this thought, really... it will never happen, there i zero chance for that. DPC will not make that, never ever. adopted or not, doesnt matter in this case.

Dec 19, 2019
Jam Jam has nailed this one. :p

Quinn is the most interesting character in the game. Is she a cliche? Of course she is, so is every other character in the game. But the slow burn with Quinn is done perfectly. The sex with her was from the get go, but it was never about the sex. The mc can't even put his arm around her without freaking her out.

Of all my posts, my one on Quinn slowly falling for the mc is the one that has had the biggest response. And all the pictures in that post are purely focused on her face. Rather than the least popular, I'd say she's a favourite among heaps of fans.

She can definitely look ugly. She puts it on, it's part of her defences (her scowl, her wolfish grin). But every time her face softens, when she's caught off guard or deep in thought, she looks great.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
But my new favourite Quinn shot is when she and Riona catch the mc fucking Sage in the HOTs garden.
Speaking of jealousy, can you imagine how close MC was to getting punched when he said "Are you afraid of having competition for me?" lol

Dec 22, 2017
I'll just be fucking honest. This game has great characters and they feel like actual people most of the time, other than Derek. And no sex runs are the best, hugging Sage, giving Sage a massage while not being in a romance with her is cool. Having the girls as friends is just as fulfilling.

Reactions: RukiRG

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Speaking of jealousy, can you imagine how close MC was to getting punched when he said "Are you afraid of having competition for me?" lol
It would have been pretty close, Quinn was in a mood:
I'll just be fucking honest. This game has great characters and they feel like actual people most of the time, other than Derek. And no sex runs are the best, hugging Sage, giving Sage a massage while not being in a romance with her is cool. Having the girls as friends is just as fulfilling.
Just to make sure we're on the same page, don't confuse the lovely ladies in this game that come with an off switch, for the women in real life who just want to talk about shit all the time to the point that you want to off yourself. :ROFLMAO:

Dec 22, 2017
It would have been pretty close, Quinn was in a mood:

Just to make sure we're on the same page, don't confuse the lovely ladies in this game that come with an off switch, for the women in real life who just want to talk about shit all the time to the point that you want to off yourself. :ROFLMAO:
I mean I love Tony Stark as well, but I know he's not real. No matter how much people try to say Elon Musk is like him.

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Looking at Jade.... Looking at Sage....
I am not sure..... I know all the disbelievers out there think Patreon would rule the day and that it couldn't be revealed on the day that DPC pulls the Patreon plug for Steam exclusive contract....
But both those ladies have some most excellent genetics.... and Tybalt frankly seems to be the adopted one.....Probably dyes his hair to look like mommy.

wsxer

Sep 7, 2017
hey guys, did we know how many seasons currently planned? Sucks that we need to wait around a year but it's ok if DPC doesn't abandon the game.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Ok lets face it... nobody knows about the plans DPC has for BeingaDIK and his future life or projects...

DPC wouldnt be the first and not the last DEV who is gonna do more than one project at once, and he wouldnt be the first or last who will not finish what he has started either...

I have to admit it... playing through the whole game again, it is obvious that the game is growing bigger and bigger and bigger... most of the time i wonder if its even possible to do all that work alone (i doubt it, he needs at least some help for some things...)

Each and every Episode is leaving us with more questions than answers... nearly every character in the game seems to have an deep story behind them and many things are connected in some way we just only can speculate about...

After this episode my concerns that this game will be finished someday in a satisfying state are very very big. I just can get my head around all the things going on in this game and how DPC will be capable to pull all that off to a good roundup and finish...

And its now 3 years in the making, if its true that DPC planned about 4 seasons with all around 16 episodes, than the game will go on at least another 3 years, or to be realistic way more than that, cause i dont think we will get more than one major big update a year from now on. The next bigger episode will be out halloween next year, i have no doubt about that. Before that we will get a short interlude, thats it.

The rumors that DPC is a little burned out about the project are nothing new, and he already confirmed it some way too that he wants to do something else...

Maybe the whole Project is taking its toll now and is growing over his head.

What concerns me even more is the money he makes out of it... to be frank, he doesnt need to work anymore with this kind of income. Hes making around 100.000$ a month just with patreon (and thats a very low guess, i would rather say it could be 200.000$) and is already tired of making the game... he just could do nothing anymore, just do some special renders once in a while to keep patreon alive and thats it... and if he is tired of making this game, this will likley gonna happen, and everybody know how often this happend around here, most VNs around here are abondoned. Even some real big ones with high income.

And in the past he wasnt really open about work-progress... everything was very vague, nobody had a clue whats going on... this will not change. (and is one of many reasons why iam not a sub at patreon for more than 1 payment to get the update)

If you ask me, DPC has just opened up to many sidestories... he has to cut them at half at least... dont drop them but make a short and fast closure to many of them within the next big update.

The Strippers, Riona, Camila, Jade, Cathy... they have to go if he wants to get on a good finish-road soon. Its just too much otherwise. Most of the content in the last updates are fucking-around-scenes with side-chicks... i like many of them (riona is my favorite) But there is just less and less time for the main-LIs and the whole Burke-Drug-Prostitute-story. DPC need to make space for that, and if he will not do it early in the next season iam very sure that the game will not find a good finish in the next 10 years. What will mean no finish at all.

Overall, my bet would be placed that BeingaDIK will never be finished... sadly... the project is just gotten to big for one person and DPC is not the kind of DEV who is looking for help. And if he is tired of the project and wants to do something else, with the money he has made so far and is making, there is nothing what could stop him from just abonding the project...

BeingaDIK is my favorite VN, but if you ask me, its to big now to get finished. Kinda like the Game of Thrones books ^^ We will never see another one ;)
I'm pretty skeptical about the future of the project myself, but I wouldn't dramatize it there. We believe there is a lack of information and DPC will tell more either this Friday or next week. We need to wait a bit. I agree that the increasing pace of development raises questions about whether the game will ever be completed at all. If we really go to the schedule of an episode per year, then it takes 8 years to complete, and this is a huge amount of time, By that time anything can happen and I don't think he wants to continue doing this work forever (as he said, he wants to make a game in a space setting). So far, everything looks like everything is going according to plan for me. A new file for the next seasons, hints about the total number of episodes, an interlude that will allow Zoey to link several characters (for example, she may be Vinnie's sister). It's still very early to guess and make assumptions. We need to wait for specifics about the future of the project.

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
Erm, what 'Others path'?
After the breakfast talk in the DIK mansion I had options to go for either of the main girls (M+J, Sage, Bella, Jill), but there was no 'others' option. Is that really a thing? And if so, any ideas how to unlock that? I've been fucking pretty much everything that moves though...
Sorry I have no idea what the exact trigger for the Others, but it gives me the option on my DIK playthrough where my options were Sage or Others.

Reactions: elbo911

Mazekine

Mar 23, 2019
No matter which path I take I can't dump Jade.

I am running 0.8.1 with the cheat save hotfix.
1637650039871.png

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes