AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
after this the game literally crashes, any help?
Copy and paste the file into the folder (Game) Then start the game, in the game press alt-m in the search icon type cheatcat2 and find that variable.

Then click on the value of that variable and delete all the text, then click in change.

You can delete the file if you want

Reactions: Meushi

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
No, I couldn't disagree more.

There's a debate going on right now over on the Dating My Daughter thread. If you're not familiar with it DMD was once one of the most popular games on this forum but that was when it was only about two chapters. If you were to play it now I think you would find that the entire 3rd and 4th chapters are a huge let down from the first two. In fact they're repetitive and boring.

To put it in terms of popular TV shows just compare something like Breaking Bad, where the creators fought hard against pressure from the network to extend the series, to something like Game of Thrones which completely went off the rails in it's later seasons.

When a story is done it's done. Trying to milk it for more money or pander to fan's that can't let it go only diminishes the quality of the original work.
Absolutely perfect

Not to beat the dead horse again, that non programmers can't seem to grasp, he just made the kind of branching that adds a ton of work. So he is going to do that ton of work for the climax (sic) and then do a short epilogue and we will be done. He is ready for new projects.

Peace

Reactions: DavDR

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
He's telling a bigger story than that. And I do like big stories.
no...
He is telling a very very simple story with a few twists.
It is intended "INTENDED" to be something akin to a college Rom Com, and to a certain extent it has been loyal to that intent. He has definitely gone off his rails, and his story telling is his weak point. He fully and willingly admits this.
This story is one butt clenching update away from an epilogue... just saying.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
I thought Quinn's price doubling was a one time thing to make up for her being robbed.
Yes, Quinn told Sally & Tommy it was a one-off price bump.

Price is the immediate issue for Tommy, since he's jonesing right now. Anger/pride the longer term problem he has dealing with Quinn.

Don't recall Quinn mentioning a price hike to Lily though, who keeps going on about how cheap Quinn's gear is. Which is why I think Quinn price x2 is still < Vinny.
are there an update for 7.2 to 8.0 or 8.1, or I must download the entire game again?
Come on now, there's a post about this just 8 posts above yours?
So... its not a mod-able save file? Okay then....
They're just for transferring to the new binary. They'll get turned into normal saves then.

So either edit your v0.8 save before getting to the transfer scree, or edit them later in v0.9?
I tried this and it didn't work for me for some reason, it only extracted part 1. I'm using 7-Zip do you think that is the problem?
No, 7-Zip isn't the problem, I used it to extract from the parts (makes a new BeingADIK-0.8.1-pc.zip).

Just right-click on part1 and select extract here from the context menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: ename144 and shazba

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Guys, what do you think about the permanent affinity system? Judging from what I saw in Chapter 8, MС will become much less manageable and will be able to make only two choices (neutral and DIK/CHICK). For me, this is one of the interesting and contradictory things. For example, Jade is willing to help if only you fuck her. And two choices. Agree or refuse. On the way chick has for example a choice you to tell Burke.
The ending was pretty creepy, especially after Josie's words about a bad feeling.

Reactions: dav3knight

redraw

Apr 6, 2019
There's a handful of little interactions on there which always raise to my mind the tension between esoterism and accessibility.

It's so rewarding finding those unexpected little developments. It's difficult to not want to ultimately devalue them by ferreting them out.

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
How do I change what the girls call me in the replay menu? Don't get me wrong, Stevan is a fine name, but...
Loading a save, changing all the pet names in the phone, and then saving again doesn't work, I tried that, but I'm still called Stevan in the gallery.
Changing the name stated in the gallery will require you to start a new game and get to the point where you name your MC. After you name him, save there, and exit to the main menu. Try playing a scene from the gallery again. Hope this helps!!

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes