Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Nope.
I'm willing to accept yours says this, but it has literally been "Not long ago" since the game's release. If it says "Over one year go" now, this would have to be an 8.1 bugfix retcon. I, too, had replayed the game from the start recently.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Makes me wonder, OFT. You on 8.0 like I am, or did you grab the 8.1 update? I haven't updated mine to the latest yet, but that's some curious revisionist history if so. Still, with the in-game photographic evidence we've been given, there's still no way MC has a mystery child with Zoey waiting in the wings.

I am on 8.1, but maybe it's a branch somewhere? Seems an odd thing to vary - it could very drastically change the story!

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
Holy crap. I just ran it using the 0.5.2 release (yeah, I have them all starting at 0.4.0), and sure as shit, it says "Over one year ago":

View attachment 1530258

I'm guessing the reason DPC changed it to "Not long ago" is because having her leave more than a year before the MC is telling the story to Bella presents certain problems. Specifically, it would mean the MC was under the age of 18 in the treehouse scene.
But then changed it back for 8.1?

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
As ename144 says, it changed from "Over one year ago" to "Not long ago" in v0.6.0. The scrappy mod is still using the old phrase.
That'll be it, then. That's a Mod version - Hey, tracking down the money gets boring after the first time through! I've got my no mod save to play while Scrappy is working on updating the mod!

Reactions: Meushi

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
I don't think Bella called me on leaving Cathy's panties in her car. I'll admit on that run I barely interacted with Bella/Jill (she even failed her recital), but I would have thought it would come up.

Also makes MC running to Bella about the gum/peanut butter incident even more weird. You'd think there would be an alternate if you're all but ignoring her.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
can i ask is there a patch for upgrade 0.7.2 to 0.8 i dont want to re-download and start playing all over again
There is an unofficial patch, you'd have to search for it. DPC said it couldn't be done, and presumably had a reason.

But downloading the whole game wouldn't require restarting - games are saved in multiple locations, and will persist through a fresh download. Do upgrade 8.0 to 8.1, though.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
I just had a quick question regarding the end.

Because at the very least you are a accomplice with setting off the sprinkler's in the prep's house during the party, which is certainly a misdemeanor, and maybe a felony. Tybalt also blames you for fucking up his chances with Jill, even if you aren't on her path. It is not unreasonable to presume mommy and daddy would be upset since they already have spoiled the child, and they were both at the party. Plus, Jade didn't like it when you reject here in class.

Don't get me wrong, it's just one theory, but not an unreasonable one.

Lightaces

Aug 3, 2018
i think people are giving too much credit to Tybalt and jade and keep forgetting the dude with the wallet that pays for the entire party! Its Stephen that freaks out the MC even if he did good with jade and Tybalt!

everyone so concerned witht the Burkes but keep ignoring the head of the family? should be fun depending on your path what Stephen will try to leverage out of you...
Hah!!! Steven as the head of the family?!?!?!?! Not a chance. Jade wears the pants in that family. He does fine with his investments, but it is HER family money he is investing. Why do you think he goes for so many co-eds? Because he is emasculated by Jade. As he well deserves. Why do you think Sage behaves as such a strong, confident person, and Tybalt is so pathetic? Role models at home.

SirDawcio

Sep 22, 2020
Just finished playing episode 8.
Aside from commiting to a girl and not many interactions with girls that are not on your path I really enjoyed this episode.
Looking forward to what DPC have in store for the other half of the story.

Question for someone who followed the discussion more closely after November 19th, what are the general opinions of the people? What people liked and disliked? What were their reaction to biggest reveals of the episode?

RukiRG

Sep 22, 2018
I'm still asking myself if I'm in this forum among adults which are playing adults games or I'm among some 5-12 years old kids pretending to be adults... Honestly now, if DPC wants to do an interlude about zoey, what's the problem? "I don't want it/I hate it/I hate zoey/we don't want her blah blah blah"... Just go over guys, the interlude will be published even if you want it or not... Instead of being happy that this game will continue, you just argue about the fucking interlude. It's a part of the story ffs... If you don't want it, don't play it anymore and that's it... This topic is already too busy, complaining about the interlude and zoey will not "help you", instead you just spam it useless...

My money is on Danny. And making the choice at the party will effect your relationship with Leon and Jam Jam.
Guys, don't forget that Jamie was at hospital with Danny and she already finds out that she

• Angry
Reactions: rockie

envy5

Jun 22, 2017
While I do have a couple of random saves that I have where I'm on Jill's path while having DIK affinity. I can tell you now that that path is practically over by the end of episode 7. Jill decides not to pursue you further after you visit her room at night. Hope this helps!!
Ah I see, I thought something was wrong when in EP8 there wasn't really the choice to choose between Isabella and Jill in a DIK playstyle. Ended up just being with Isabella. Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the saves.

Reactions: SteveyP

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
The ending makes all the sense if you have adopted certain decisions during your gameplay. If you avoided those "traps" that DPC sets to the player, I think the reaction of Tremolo at the ending makes way less sense. But I suppose it´s imposible to write a story with so many different paths and that all of them make sense. DPC needed that moment of drama for plot purposes, that´s all.
That makes sense, i just don't get why his heart starts beating louder and faster upon entering the elevator and acts super worried. Unless he's just super paranoid for no concrete reason?
To make this ending make sense, DPC created 3 Possible Scenarios in the game. :rolleyes::unsure:

MC and/or Derek fucked Jade.:love::eek:
Sprinkler attack with Tybalt Punch.:ROFLMAO:
In EP8, the MC tells Josy that he hates the guy.:cautious:

Reactions: ename144

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
Its Stephen that freaks out the MC even if he did good with jade and Tybalt! In the end of the day If you are on the Bella path Stephen probably saw the dik library action, and if you had the Jade sex tape is so going to be fucked up!

Fuck Fuck Fuck because Stephen will want something out of you! Either to work as/for Tybalt (with a proper wage ofc) to help him socialize better or something!
Yes, probably Burke is the real antagonist and the one that is going to ruin Tremolo´s fun. But the "Fuck, fuck, fuck" is not for Burke. At that point, Tremolo don´t see him as a thread. Worst case scenario: he fucked Jade, gave the videotape to the DIKs and Burke has it: Tremolo don´t know that yet, so can´t be worried about. Best scenario: he never had and affair with Burke´s wife, so that videotape never existed.

About Isabella: worst case scenario: Tremolo has an affair with Bella and Burke (this is pure speculation) for some reason knows it. But Tremolo doesn´t know that Burke knows, so... why should he care in the moment he sees the photo of Burke? Best case scenario: Tremolo doesn´t have an affair with Bella, never even kissed her in the library... Why should he care about Burke, again?

My point is, there are scenarios in which actually Tremolo is mostly OK with the Burke´s. If he never had an affair with Jade, he should not be really afraid of her. Not so afraid, at least. If he never punched Tybald or ruined his last date with Jill, what Tybald has against Tremolo is really weak. In fact, it was Tybald the one that punched Tremolo in front of witnesses. Again, not something to freak out so much. Burke hasn´t showed his real face to Tremolo yet, so he´s not a concern for Tremolo at this point... But Tremolo has his dramatic scene at the ending of the chapter anyways.

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
There's a pretty interesting situation here about the ending. It seems that the ending was created exclusively for Dik MC:
1) fucked Jade
2) fucked Sage
3) hit Tybalt
4) ruined Tybalt's conference
5) Burke knows that he fucked his wife.
As a Chick, you just humiliated Tybalt on a date and disrupted the Prep party, which looks like child's play compared to Dik's misdeeds. The only thing that comes to mind is that Chick has become paranoid and is afraid of any mention of himself in a negative light. I am more than sure that the way of Dik, not Chick, is canonical for DPC. Because it is for Dik that more content is being made and a lot of drama is being played, while the route and drama of Chick and neutral looks unfinished.

Reactions: J.A.L.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Aireth. She´s Dawe´s official girlfriend, and she has been consuming the sugar pills that Quinn sells to Dawe instead of birth control pills. I don´t think that Arieth is a really careful person about what she puts in his mouth :ROFLMAO:
Well yeah, just check the "stew" she made.

It was wet dog food boiled in water. Didn't even react negatively to it either.

• Haha
Reactions: J.A.L.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
There's a pretty interesting situation here about the ending. It seems that the ending was created exclusively for Dik MC:
1) fucked Jade
2) fucked Sage
3) hit Tybalt
As a Chick, you just humiliated Tybalt on a date and disrupted the Prep party, which looks like child's play compared to Dik's misdeeds. The only thing that comes to mind is that Chick has become paranoid and is afraid of any mention of himself in a negative light. I am more than sure that the way of Dik, not Chick, is canonical for DPC. Because it is for Dik that more content is being made and a lot of drama is being played, while the route and drama of Chick and neutral looks unfinished.
I have the totally opposite feeling, you know.

How can Dik's road be canonic? YOU CAN'T have a relationship with Josy and Maya in the Dik's road, for starters.

I have the feeling that if you follow the DIK's road every main LI will eventually dump you. Even Sage.

Anyway, I'd like to know the reason why you think that Burke knows you're fucking his wife.

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
1) fucked Jade
2) fucked Sage
3) hit Tybalt
Depending on the status of girls before you make up your mind, at neutral you don't have to pursue anyone and keep the status quo, this means the thing you have with Jade still remains intact and how this path plays out still remains to be seen, though maybe that same choice is the same for DIKs (dont think you can do Jade if you go Chick so that's probably a non-factor), you personally ruining Tybalt at his "date" is also a possibility here, I was neutral and those were among my choices.

I think ultimately pursuing anyone regardless of your alignment seems like it might setup an interesting future conflict based on the end, the way it looks if you've broken it off with Jade she seems like she's probably going to be the most nasty to deal with, Tybalt eh he's just a crying mess right now but he'll probably be more revenge oriented than before.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes