MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
My collected thoughts on Episode 8 and some of things that led up to it. Generally, I'll lead with what I liked about each topic this episode and then talk about whatever I didn't like after that, with short summaries above each section for people who don't have the time or inclination to read the longer explanations, which I imagine will be most of you. Fair warning – the longer explanations are long and full of subjective opinions. Let's get down to business.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
True, the look on her face after the Gender Studies final said it all, but she's the one looking for the extra-marital affair, not my MC. I mean yeah it's her word against mine and 99/100, she'll win, especially with who she is.

Thankfully, I didn't do anything with her or Sage, not that I would anyway, because they're not my type. It only would've made things that much more dire. It's bad enough that I'll have to deal with the fallout with Tybalt, but I don't want to even imagine what kind of hydrogen bomb I'd have to deal with if I messed with both Jade and Sage.

Hopefully, the consequences won't be too harsh. I know the MC is there for support and all, but him just being present could derail the whole fucking thing. Then it's what? Burke vs. Royce over the MC's fate?
Did had an affair and dated Sage in 1 of my playthroughs. Only saved it to play it last when we continue after the interlude. I think it's gonna be a big bomb like you said. Not only for you but also for Sage. Wouldn't be suprised if Jade also will take it out on Sage and Sage on the other hand will lose her thrust in the MC.
As for now this will be the biggest shithole you can get into imho.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
If you show the video to DIKs Burke will get it too.
Well, I didn't even though I've been following a full DIK path (made every major DIK choice). Why should I?

A real Man does it and keeps his mouth shut. A real Dick does it and tells around.

Why in the damn world a Dick is supposed to be the game's Canon MC, I wonder. DrPinkCake is not an idiot and this is not the kind of story he's willing to tell (check Acting Lessons).

Last edited:

SteveyP

Jul 1, 2017
Ah I see, I thought something was wrong when in EP8 there wasn't really the choice to choose between Isabella and Jill in a DIK playstyle. Ended up just being with Isabella. Thanks for the heads up and thanks for the saves.
No problem. Let me know if you have any questions about the saves.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
My collected thoughts on Episode 8 and some of things that led up to it. Generally, I'll lead with what I liked about each topic this episode and then talk about whatever I didn't like after that, with short summaries above each section for people who don't have the time or inclination to read the longer explanations, which I imagine will be most of you. Fair warning – the longer explanations are long and full of subjective opinions. Let's get down to business.

Did you remember what DPC said about Bella? I heard something about it as well but can't recollect or find anything regarding Bella and the thunderclouds gathering around her.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Why in the damn world a Dick is supposed to be the game's Canon MC, I wonder. DrPinkCake is not an idiot and this is not the kind of story he's willing to tell (check Acting Lessons).
There is no single word in the game that DIK path is the main path. "Being a DIK" doesn't mean to be dick - it means to be part of the fraternity.

To show Jade's "any married MILF u got fucked" video to everyone is the most stupid decision one can make.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Yes now I have found out the reason why Isabella is the Ice Queen. Maya once explained it to the MC in EP6. There is not only black and white.:unsure:

Dalli, are you sure you're not DPC's wife set up by him to drop all kind of theories here and let the both of them have a good laugh at us? :devilish:

The things you notice ingame it's just insane...

Reactions: dalli_x

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yes, probably Burke is the real antagonist and the one that is going to ruin Tremolo´s fun. But the "Fuck, fuck, fuck" is not for Burke. At that point, Tremolo don´t see him as a thread. Worst case scenario: he fucked Jade, gave the videotape to the DIKs and Burke has it: Tremolo don´t know that yet, so can´t be worried about. Best scenario: he never had and affair with Burke´s wife, so that videotape never existed.

About Isabella: worst case scenario: Tremolo has an affair with Bella and Burke (this is pure speculation) for some reason knows it. But Tremolo don´t know that Burke know, so... why he should care in the moment he sees the photo of Burke? Best case scenario: Tremolo doesn´t have an affair with Bella, never even kissed her in the library... Why should he care about Burke, again?

My point is, there are scenarios in which actually Tremolo is mostly OK with the Burke´s. If he never had an affair with Jade, he should not be really afraid of her. Not so afraid, at least. If he never punched Tybald or ruined his last date with Jill, what Tybald has against Tremolo is really weak. In fact, it was Tybald the one that punched Tremolo in front of witnesses. Again, not something to freak out so much. Burke hasn´t showed his real face to Tremolo yet, so he´s not a concern for Tremolo at this point... But Tremolo has his dramatic scene at the ending of the chapter anyways.
I agree with you.

the only obvious enemy MC has in that house is Tybalt, with whom, however we decided, there are not good relations (in the end he still threatened to denounce him, even if we were snowflakes in everything)

absolutely the only situation that justifies panic is if he has a relationship with both Jade and Sage, otherwise the reaction seems excessive anyway

MasterBlaxter

Nov 10, 2017
Klopdwerg To clarify, I don't think DPC himself has revealed any of his actual Bella plans. I was mostly referring to her scene in the Library where she makes out with the MC, where the narration suddenly jumps back to the future MC who says that if he knew at the time why Bella was crying, he'd have called for help instead of kissing her. I read that as DPC foreshadowing for 'There Will Be Blood' tier shenanigans involving Isabella and decided I wanted nothing further to do with her, primarily because there were similar warnings in his previous game Acting Lessons concerning a rather infamous character at this point. Rode that ride already, zero interest in doing it again in this game.

Reactions: Klopdwerg

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Well, I didn't even though I've been following a full DIK path (made every major DIK choice). Why should I?

A real Man does it and keeps his mouth shut. A real Dick does it and tells around.

You get points for the Maggot Board.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

Excellent analytics! It was interesting to count. For my part, I would add that the Halloween party may become the main test of MС loyalty. According to Sage, there will be sex games, costumes and masks on Halloween, and the temptation to cheat the chosen one will be especially great. All the cream will certainly be collected by MS on the way of Others.
Another thing that interests me is whether the chosen LI will be able to break up with MC, and if so, what path of the girl will he take? The fact that Sage and Bella are available on all paths before this makes it seem that if you cheat Jill with Zoey, you can always start dating Sage. But again, this is too difficult to implement, but it is quite consistent with the nature of a soap opera.

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Dalli, are you sure you're not DPC's wife set up by him to drop all kind of theories here and let the both of them have a good laugh at us? :devilish:

The things you notice ingame it's just insane...
I am quite sure that I am a guy, and also have no relation to DPC.:D

It's just that, thanks to my chess mentality, I'm always looking for all possible variations and connections to prepare for the worst. But thanks to DPC, things usually don't turn out as bad as I thought they would. That's what's fascinating to me. I often think too complicated and then DPC presents a simple, mundane, yet beautiful, romantic solution. I think he does a great job of that.:eek::love::cry::ROFLMAO:

And then to read here in the thread the different views, discoveries, opinions, theories and funny stories is just the icing on the cake.(y)

• Haha
Reactions: Klopdwerg

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Actually, the Halloween party is a good 'pain' point for the MC. Yeah sure the Others, Quinn, Sage, and probably even Josy and Maya will be there, but will Jill make an appearance at the DIK frat with none other than her ex Rusty there leading the way? Not to mention Isabella, who's arguably twice the age of the MC and in that ballpark for everyone else.

Will they participate in the drinking and/or sex games? Deal with say, Tommy or Quinn? Elena and John Boy? The party is a real big question mark.

tiofrodo

Nov 19, 2017
The MC was definitely a pain in the ass for Tybalt. But there is a status quo between the two. We don't know if Stephen Burke knows that Derek and the MC were behind the sprinkler attack, and I don't think Stephen, Jade, and Sage know that Tybalt was blackmailing Jill Royce, which would probably hurt Tybalt if his parents found out.:rolleyes::unsure:

Also, I'm worried that Tybalt will just be adopted. :unsure:

I think what really wouldn't help Maya is if the MC and/or Derek fucked Jade.:eek:
With the revelation about Sage, the scene from Tybalt and MC in the showers seems to imply that he was also adopted, what with he referencing that he himself came from the bottom. Chances are pretty good that this is a reference to that.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Klopdwerg To clarify, I don't think DPC himself has revealed any of his actual Bella plans. I was mostly referring to her scene in the Library where she makes out with the MC, where the narration suddenly jumps back to the future MC who says that if he knew at the time why Bella was crying, he'd have called for help instead of kissing her. I read that as DPC foreshadowing for 'There Will Be Blood' tier shenanigans involving Isabella and decided I wanted nothing further to do with her, primarily because there were similar warnings in his previous game Acting Lessons concerning a rather infamous character at this point. Rode that ride already, zero interest in doing it again in this game.
Indeed, reminding me of that scene... no one can't deny the omnious feeling you get about Bella.

I thought you heard more about it one way or the other. I know there was a buzz on discord for a while about Bella and her "dark path" but thats way to long ago to remember correctly.

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
I am quite sure that I am a guy, and also have no relation to DPC.:D

It's just that, thanks to my chess mentality, I'm always looking for all possible variations and connections to prepare for the worst. But thanks to DPC, things usually don't turn out as bad as I thought they would. That's what's fascinating to me. I often think too complicated and then DPC presents a simple, mundane, yet beautiful, romantic solution. I think he does a great job of that.:eek::love::cry::ROFLMAO:

And then to read here in the thread the different views, discoveries, opinions, theories and funny stories is just the icing on the cake.(y)
I do love that myself and as it's true DPC knows how to trigger us one way or the other.

That's why i love browsing here and read all kind of theories/thoughts about it but yours are a class apart... love them :LOL:

Reactions: dalli_x

J.A.L.

Nov 27, 2021
I agree with you.

the only obvious enemy MC has in that house is Tybalt, with whom, however we decided, there are not good relations (in the end he still threatened to denounce him, even if we were snowflakes in everything)

absolutely the only situation that justifies panic is if he has a relationship with both Jade and Sage, otherwise the reaction seems excessive anyway
During the last free roam, in the party, Tremolo talks with two preps and it´s clear that they are no friends of Tybald either. If Tremolo said "Truce" showing that he has nothing against them, maybe those two are going to be allies later if Tybald tries something.

Pendrell

Apr 10, 2020

Thanks for this terrific analysis, well worth a read for any fan of the game.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
During the last free roam, in the party, Tremolo talks with two preps and it´s clear that they are no friends of Tybald either. If Tremolo said "Truce" showing that he has nothing against them, maybe those two are going to be allies later if Tybald tries something.
the two Preps want to have fun, but from this to openly opposing Tybalt, it's a long way off, at least as long as Burke's protection is worth something.

probably Tybalt's moment is over, but in my opinion this is theoretically the moment in which he is most dangerous, wounded and humiliated in his pride by Jill and without anyone who can contain him (hardly towards Maya's request)

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
I have the totally opposite feeling, you know.

How can Dik's road be canonic? YOU CAN'T have a relationship with Josy and Maya in the Dik's road, for starters.

I have the feeling that if you follow the DIK's road every main LI will eventually dump you. Even Sage.

Anyway, I'd like to know the reason why you think that Burke knows you're fucking his wife.
If conditions are met you see Burke at the ending scenes of an episode watching the tape that was recording MC and Jade... but I don't think that was the tape that was shown to the DIKs more likely the footage of you in the school closet :LOL:
There is no single word in the game that DIK path is the main path. "Being a DIK" doesn't mean to be dick - it means to be part of the fraternity.

To show Jade's "any married MILF u got fucked" video to everyone is the most stupid decision one can make.
That means both at the same time... DIK = fraternity AND actually being a dick... your reactions speak for themselves in almost every single case :KEK:

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes