Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I've reported the guy more times than I care to count. Several F95 mods already know I'm gunning for a mod position once it opens up. I would love to whack out that guy myself here if I happen to see those posts, for now, I'll do my best to help clean this place up.

I guess we have to have some fun before the Interlude drops. :LOL:
Couldn't agree more with you, best wishes for becoming a mod then. :giggle:

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
with friends like you, I don't need enemies...

in any case I sustained, and I sustain even now, that DPC has pushed to make Maya a controversial character (not an evil one...) putting in her mouth a whole series of sentences that don't have a particular narrative utility but that contribute to put her in bad light in different situations

on all of them, for example, the question of 100% honesty, arriving at the last chapter where she feels guilty for having taken advantage of the kindness of MC who has left the girls the room when their relationship has already been recomposed (in fact preventing the threesome that many were expecting)

after all a controversial character is much better than a one-dimensional one, it creates more discussion and therefore more interest

in many AVN the LIs are all perfect, soul mates, we have to choose only on the basis of aesthetic tastes, here as in other "evolved" AVN we have to weigh also the flaws we are willing to put up with.
I agree, it sounds very plausible that that was his intention, however I think he took it too far. Like it or not Maya Hate is a real thing. And I think it was a huge, unpleasant surprise to DPC and that he's been scrambling to fix it ever since.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I prefer Maya indifference. I don't care either way if she's here or there.

I'd prefer to have logical plotline that I can understand but maybe that's more a me problem than a we problem.

Arieth eats dog food, I get it she's stupid. Maya's dad took out a student loan that she cosigned, I don't get it, how a 40 something year old man take out a student loan, how does he get the money and not the school, I don't even.

Give me pregnant sea monster who eats dog food any day over that shit.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Reviewing the variables of the game, it seems interesting to me that Cathy has a path

Now when will she come back? And I say it now because when she comes back don't say that DPC is a bad writer blah blah blah

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Reviewing the variables of the game, it seems interesting to me that Cathy has a path

Now when will she come back? And I say it now because when she comes back don't say that DPC is a bad writer blah blah blah
Cathe appears in the final slide show of the last chapter after being completely absent in it, so I would assume that she will reappear in the next chapter.

Reactions: AchedCroissant

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
I prefer Maya indifference. I don't care either way if she's here or there.

I'd prefer to have logical plotline that I can understand but maybe that's more a me problem than a we problem.

Arieth eats dog food, I get it she's stupid. Maya's dad took out a student loan that she cosigned, I don't get it, how a 40 something year old man take out a student loan, how does he get the money and not the school, I don't even.

Give me pregnant sea monster who eats dog food any day over that shit.
I think that's part of DPC's problem. I've heard vague mentions in the forum that there's dialogue from Maya where she apologizes for the 100% thing. I've never seen it because I don't play the M/J path anymore. If there is such dialogue then DPC has put it in the wrong place. Any efforts to make amends should have gone to an MC that was rejected by M/J, not to the ones on her path. Sometimes I think DPC doesn't realize that he's got a game here with multiple paths.

Reactions: Ostap Bender

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think that's part of DPC's problem. I've heard vague mentions in the forum that there's dialogue from Maya where she apologizes for the 100% thing. I've never seen it because I don't play the M/J path anymore. If there is such dialogue then DPC has put it in the wrong place. Any efforts to make amends should have gone to an MC that was rejected by M/J, not to the ones on her path. Sometimes I think DPC doesn't realize that he's got a game here with multiple paths.
probably refer to this dialogue, when they confront each other on the issue of the taser in the second chapter

my "I can't believe I used you this way..."
my "Can you forgive me?"
mc "What you did...it crossed a line..."
mc "...but it's not your fault that you got used."
mc "I believe in second chances, so I'll forgive you..."
mc "...but please think extra before you do something stupid, next time."
my "Thank you..."
mc "So, you're being 100%% honest with me now?"
my "Maybe 99%%..."
mc "Haha."

this does not seem to me to be an excuse as far as honesty is concerned, since the question of what Maya is or is not willing to tell him resurfaces immediately afterwards.

DavDR

Oct 14, 2020
probably refer to this dialogue, when they confront each other on the issue of the taser in the second chapter

my "I can't believe I used you this way..."
my "Can you forgive me?"
mc "What you did...it crossed a line..."
mc "...but it's not your fault that you got used."
mc "I believe in second chances, so I'll forgive you..."
mc "...but please think extra before you do something stupid, next time."
my "Thank you..."
mc "So, you're being 100%% honest with me now?"
my "Maybe 99%%..."
mc "Haha."

this does not seem to me to be an excuse as far as honesty is concerned, since the question of what Maya is or is not willing to tell him resurfaces immediately afterwards.
Oh OK, I got the impression that there was a scene in ep8 dealing with that, but I was probably wrong and I don't even bother with that path anymore.

Apr 9, 2021
What's there to master ??? :oops: This game was created in a way that you will have to do multiple runs to access all content there is... sure you can get more in one run if you know a thing or two but that won't change that you need (not gonna count all possible scenarios) at least 10 runs played different to get all there is ! Pick one route do it... start anew with a different one... but there was no kidding with the fuck up ! You reap what you sow remember it fair warning was given (multiple times already but consider this an extra one :LOL:) If you wanna make it easier on yourself then stick to the commands but no for the mods !!! ;)
I appreciate the concern on your part but 10 runs are TOO MUCH for me to handle... sh** I think are too many even for a super enthusiast so I try to stick to 5 (total) that I actually save within the slots (not all others that I made to unlock achievements or collectibles).

The point that I don't think has been fully grasped of what I've post is that that I wish I could understand MORE about console commands, variable changings and the EFFECTIVE effects that one variable has on the other.

I struggled to find a single guide (here on f95zone OR anywhere else for this matter) that encloses them or that explains in the least how the bare minimum mechanisms work... or someone who has ever talked (in this thread) about the inconsistencies in the game that can happen if you change a variable that is linked to other variables you know nothing about it!

↑ That's my final point! ↑

No one in this thread (that I have been able to research or am aware of) has ever listed all the commands in the console or all the variables (sure there are some that have shared a few) but without having the big picture it's hard to figure out how to "act" without "undoing" everything...

So I guess I have to rely on the Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.8.2][scrappy] just for the reason mentioned above and I have to start learning slowly from that modification! I'm also looking for another mod (made by Sancho1969) that I think is about to be launched and that will give (I'm sure) a "hard time" to the current one of Scrappy... Should I wait for that?

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I got a question. Is there a Josy only route? I'm not that into maya tbh.
At this point there is only the mayajosypath variable so if there will be a break who knows but prepare for the future

In fact DPC when he published this image has two different saves

Although he also has two of Jill so who knows what that means or he was just testing the saves and he doesn't have a hidden message

Reactions: Hinterhälter

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I appreciate the concern on your part but 10 runs are TOO MUCH for me to handle...
Since ep 8 basicly forces you to choose a LI, it's not really necessary to do a run for each...
I think effectively you should be able to see pretty much everything in just 3 runs ; the chick and neutral runs should get you Maya, Josy, Bella and Jill.... Dik path should get you pretty much the rest.... (Zoey not known yet though)

Maybe after ep 8 you'll end up with 5 or 6 saves if you choose to have 1 for Jill, 2 Bella, 3 Maya and Josy, 4 Sage, 5 Zoey, 6 everything that moves...

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
At this point there is only the mayajosypath variable so if there will be a break who knows but prepare for the future

Although he also has two of Jill so who knows what that means or he was just testing the saves and he doesn't have a hidden message
I also have two saves for each LI, I have the faithful one and the one from the route in which I was carrying out all the LIs to see if there were any hysterical breaking scenes to delete and then pretend they never existed.:oops:
I appreciate the concern on your part but 10 runs are TOO MUCH for me to handle... sh** I think are too many even for a super enthusiast so I try to stick to 5 (total) that I actually save within the slots (not all others that I made to unlock achievements or collectibles).

The point that I don't think has been fully grasped of what I've post is that that I wish I could understand MORE about console commands, variable changings and the EFFECTIVE effects that one variable has on the other.

I struggled to find a single guide (here on f95zone OR anywhere else for this matter) that encloses them or that explains in the least how the bare minimum mechanisms work... or someone who has ever talked (in this thread) about the inconsistencies in the game that can happen if you change a variable that is linked to other variables you know nothing about it!

↑ That's my final point! ↑

No one in this thread (that I have been able to research or am aware of) has ever listed all the commands in the console or all the variables (sure there are some that have shared a few) but without having the big picture it's hard to figure out how to "act" without "undoing" everything...

So I guess I have to rely on the Being a DIK Walkthrough+Cheat Mod [v0.8.2][scrappy] just for the reason mentioned above and I have to start learning slowly from that modification! I'm also looking for another mod (made by Sancho1969) that I think is about to be launched and that will give (I'm sure) a "hard time" to the current one of Scrappy... Should I wait for that?
two runs are enough to see 90% of the content

Then there is some very specific content that almost requires a specific run.

for example there is a variation of a threesome scene in the sixth chapter that you can only see if you refused to help Maya in the third one, I'm so lazy that I've never seen it

then there are a whole series of "game over" that need specific requirements, but dirie that one can also avoid them...:oops::ROFLMAO:

Apr 9, 2021
Hi guys... another more light-hearted question in order to know one thing: Where are the Being a DIK 0.8.2 transfer saves located? I can't find the actual files in the folders, can someone kindly tell me where they would be?

What is a trasfer save?
The transfer saves are those saves that will be stored for the new binary come Season 3 (image below) ↓

In this thread (that is the main one) there are official references to vanilla saves that are very useful and among those there is this file that I show you that would be what I should find so that I can back up the saves used for the transfer but if I search with Everything (fantastic program, much better than Windows Search) I can not find the same name or similar because it seems that there is not on my PC, why is that?

Below is a screenshot of me currently supposed to have 5, how come I can't find the file that I think are stored in or the exact names of the five individual files?

being-a-dik.png

1126320_20220114104553_1.png

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

It is strange that there is only one save with Sage, although there should be two. Sage with Jade and Sage without her. The same goes for Bella. And as for Jill, everything is clear. Apparently, one is Jill's walktrough, taking into account Josie's hidden jealousy and rivalry, and another is when Josie and Maya are just friends.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
Hi guys... another more light-hearted question in order to know one thing: Where are the Being a DIK 0.8.2 transfer saves located? I can't find the actual files in the folders, can someone kindly tell me where they would be?

What is a trasfer save?
The transfer saves are those saves that will be stored for the new binary come Season 3 (image below) ↓

In this thread (that is the main one) there are official references to vanilla saves that are very useful and among those there is this file that I show you that would be what I should find so that I can back up the saves used for the transfer but if I search with Everything (fantastic program, much better than Windows Search) I can not find the same name or similar because it seems that there is not on my PC, why is that?

Below is a screenshot of me currently supposed to have 5, how come I can't find the file they are (I think) stored in or the exact names of the five individual files?

View attachment 1596274

View attachment 1596268
Where did you get it?

The transfer save... Maybe all 5 are there and do a full save because usually a single save doesn't weigh almost 1MB
It is strange that there is only one save with Sage, although there should be two. Sage with Jade and Sage without her. The same goes for Bella. And as for Jill, everything is clear. Apparently, one is Jill's walktrough, taking into account Josie's hidden jealousy and rivalry, and another is when Josie and Maya are just friends.
That's why I said at the end, it's probably just testing the program because if it were for the routes that the game has there should be more saves there :ROFLMAO:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
especially Sage fuckbuddy and Sage only after breaking up with Chad

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes