hakuna-matata

May 30, 2020
Jill definitely had a crush on the mc. Remember she was the one asking him out on a date initially. She slept in the same bed with him, more than once (if you count Bella’s lounge), and even if he was a DIK, there was still an attraction for her. :love:

If he turned her down after their tennis game, she would have felt hurt, and if she found out he was fucking her best friend, she would have felt very hurt. Especially since Bella was directly telling Jill to date the mc (better option than Tybalt). :cry:

But in that scenario, where the mc turned her down after tennis, the the problem is just her feelings and she would just need time to to deal with them, but that doesn’t make it any easier. :(

But in the other scenario, where the mc is interested in her, making out with her at every opportunity, and telling her he wants to be with her, only for Jill to catch him fucking Bella, she has every right to be absolutely fucking furious. :mad:

It’s just a game, so have fun causing digital drama, but if you’re do that shit in life, sleep with one eye open and one hand covering your cock and balls! :eek:

I don't think its right to lump ename in with me. You're and my view are often quite opposing, but I think ename sits somewhere in between, at a less pro-DPC, less anti-DPC position.

Clearly there's a difference in reaction when on the Jill path and the non Jill path. One is surprised and the other looks like she will stab you death. She has every right to be furious in that case.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
Ah man thank you so much now it works.
Great, thanks for letting me know.
but is there no new scenes for the gallery? My game is now on 0.8.2 but I can only see scenes from 1-7 in the gallery.
There are gallery items in 0.8.2, and they display fine when using the unofficial patch. You previously said:
Then downloaded and added the walkthrough mod.
So my guess is it's to do with the walkthrough mod. I'd suggest updating to the current version of the mod & see if that fixes it.
Is the new version blurrier for anyone or just for me?
This is usually caused by a graphics renderer issues (the new version of renpy in BaDIK uses different graphics renderers).

Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If that doesn't sort it, try using Shift+G to (e.g. Angle2).
Does anybody has this problem when running the exe? "
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive characters.rpyc."
As Ilhares said, this often happens when people apply the official 0.8.2 patch in the OP to a v0.7.x game. That doesn't work, the official patch just updates v0.8.x games to 0.8.2. You'd need to use the to go straight from v0.7.x to v0.8.2.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Jill definitely had a crush on the mc. Remember she was the one asking him out on a date initially. She slept in the same bed with him, more than once (if you count Bella’s lounge), and even if he was a DIK, there was still an attraction for her. :love:

If he turned her down after their tennis game, she would have felt hurt, and if she found out he was fucking her best friend, she would have felt very hurt. Especially since Bella was directly telling Jill to date the mc (better option than Tybalt). :cry:

But in that scenario, where the mc turned her down after tennis, the the problem is just her feelings and she would just need time to to deal with them, but that doesn’t make it any easier. :(

But in the other scenario, where the mc is interested in her, making out with her at every opportunity, and telling her he wants to be with her, only for Jill to catch him fucking Bella, she has every right to be absolutely fucking furious. :mad:

It’s just a game, so have fun causing digital drama, but if you’re do that shit in life, sleep with one eye open and one hand covering your cock and balls! :eek:
I agree, I think Jill will be rightly angry at the MC who led her on while hooking up with Bella, but otherwise she'll get over the shock and sadness fairly quickly. Though she might still be worried about their relationship given Bella is a teacher and still (apparently) married.

I don't think its right to lump ename in with me. You're and my view are often quite opposing, but I think ename sits somewhere in between, at a less pro-DPC, less anti-DPC position.
I'm definitely in the pro-DPC camp overall. I'm just a little less forgiving of some of DPC's authorial 'ticks' than others, and I'm exceedingly nervous about how Season 2 ended and how Season 3 seems to be starting.

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Idle thought about Bella.
Maybe the husband is dead, but since she can't deal with it, everyone at B&R thinks he's away somewhere. She won't admit he's dead, so for example Jill thinks that Bella is actually cheating on her husband, when she really isn't.

Reactions: Warscared

Ziltoid

Nov 1, 2018
Just finished playing the episode 7 and why did i feel like it was the end of an episode of scrubs with the song and everything? lol love this game so much!

Reactions: shazba

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
As I thought after this game he will finish the carrer of AVN developer. Or he will create his own game development studio. He still has the experience of a leader, according to him.
nope he said he was a project leader once! so experience yes willingness to do it not really!

i assemble teams i know how hard and frustrating it is to get them to work together and if he is not doing it anymore it means it was not a pleasant experience for him! So i doubt he is willing to do it again if he tried it before and it did not go well! Me personally i love it when i can sculpt the team dynamics the entire selection process evaluating personalities to try and mesh them together but ffs its a stressful heart attack inducing shit but when it works... its a work of fucking art you have performed with extremely complex living thinking and feeling things aka as humans!

Also is resumé/CV if he is not fluffing it its mighty impressive ... but then again as some people pointed out he lives in Sweaden a plate filled with triple AAA studios including my favorite paradox so if he as worked in there or in another one of the big ones there for around 10 years i can clearly see him having gotten that much experience in so many areas of game development!

Also considering the shadow aspect of game developtment which is grinding... damn the boy can work, so not surprising his insane work schedule if anything as he is working for himself his schedules might just be better since he saves up on commuting!

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
To be fair, a few people have expressed interest in Zoey as a platonic BFF/confidante.
Who? :unsure: How could anyone have said that? We have been given precious little about Zoey aside from a flashback montage where you don't actually have any in depth conversations with her. You just get drunk and fuck in a treehouse. The only attraction people have with her at this moment is physical, not a some kind of platonic confidante. Zoey would be terrible in that role. What kind of advice would she give? Drop out of school to become a pothead beach vagrant like her? No thanks, I'll stay in school and go on to university to become the renowned B&R sperminator who solves everyone's dramas and earns big $$$$$ by stealing from countertops and corkboards, all while maintaining respectable marks. :geek:

Who is this mystery player X who wants Zoey of all people as a sexless confidante? Probably the same bellend in the Q&A who asked DPC for fewer lewd scenes. Now after the Interlude drops and people have an opportunity to hear Zoey thoughts, see her interact, experience firsthand her personality, and become invested in her dumb surfing life, then I would believe it a little more.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Who? :unsure: How could anyone have said that? We have been given precious little about Zoey aside from a flashback montage where you don't actually have any in depth conversations with her. You just get drunk and fuck in a treehouse. The only attraction people have with her at this moment is physical, not a some kind of platonic confidante. Zoey would be terrible in that role. What kind of advice would she give? Drop out of school to become a pothead beach vagrant like her? No thanks, I'll stay in school and go on to university to become the renowned B&R sperminator who solves everyone's dramas and earns big $$$$$ by stealing from countertops and corkboards, all while maintaining respectable marks. :geek:

Who is this mystery player X who wants Zoey of all people as a sexless confidante? Probably the same bellend in the Q&A who asked DPC for fewer lewd scenes. Now after the Interlude drops and people have an opportunity to hear Zoey thoughts, see her interact, experience firsthand her personality, and become invested in her dumb surfing life, then I would believe it a little more.
Actually... it was me...

to say that I could be interested in her physically is true for any character, but since I see it difficult that she could become more interesting than the LIs, I hope at least she proves to be a nice character

because she's going to be around for sure from now until the end of the game, so I wouldn't want to have another offended child complaining every now and then about why I didn't choose her, why I didn't give her another chance etc.

:cry: :cry:

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
This leads me to believe that Zoey hasn't broken up with her boyfriend. In general, what makes you think that Zoey and her boyfriend broke up? This is not stated anywhere in the game. This dude and Zoey could have left San Diego on their own. Perhaps the tattoo parlor owned by this dude (judging by the background picture of the interlude) went bankrupt and they had a lot of debts. This guy got a job as a security guard in a bar while Zoey works as a waitress, for example. At some point, Zoey decided to remember about Tremolo and visit Neil.
DPC can turn the plot in the Sage style again, but only his opponent will not be gay, but a brutal tattoo artist.
eeeh

who is zoey? (serious question)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Actually... it was me...

to say that I could be interested in her physically is true for any character, but since I see it difficult that she could become more interesting than the LIs, I hope at least she proves to be a nice character

because she's going to be around for sure from now until the end of the game, so I wouldn't want to have another offended child complaining every now and then about why I didn't choose her, why I didn't give her another chance etc.

:cry: :cry:
:oops: I don't believe this. First you shit on Derek then you simp for platonic Zoey? If you weren't my F95 best bro, I might not forgive you...
but of course I always do.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
:oops: I don't believe this. First you shit on Derek then you simp for platonic Zoey? If you weren't my F95 best bro, I might not forgive you...
but of course I always do.

I am a romantic, and a lazy one, more the latter

after courting the same LIs for 2 years I don't want to get too involved with a newcomer whose characterization for now is "she has blue hair". (maybe the interlude changes my mind)

and above all I don't want another Josy who, when I think I've done well, wants to make me feel guilty.

My life took a turn for the worse when I didn't have you as a college roommate....

mindern

Jul 7, 2017
A lot of these plot elements don’t have to be 100% true to have impact. The characters only have to believe they’re true.

Maya only has to believe she’s financially trapped by her father to be controlled by him. Jill/MC only have to believe Tybalt could sue to be blackmailed.

We can debate all the live long day the legal systems of DPC’s made up world but that isn’t what the plot hinges on. It hinges on characters believing these things to be true. The MC even brings up something mentioned above regarding legally it being Derek who is responsible for the party and Jill points out he will just have someone lie for him.

This isn’t about logic. The issues like the loan/blackmail aren’t about convincing us the reader of their legal validity. DPC’s job is to write a situation where we believe the characters believe a certain situation to be true and he’s done… an alright job here? Maybe… Maya and Jill are just dumb to fall for it but at least Jill eventually sees the light of day and shuts him down.

Regardless, debating for the upteenth time the fictional laws of the land is pointless but people keep dragging that back into things even when you try and discuss what the characters think.

I’m sick of attempts to discuss what characters think and feel being countered with “but I would have thought/felt this way so (insert character) is dumb and badly written because they didn’t think/feel how I would have in this situation.”

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
A lot of these plot elements don’t have to be 100% true to have impact. The characters only have to believe they’re true.

Maya only has to believe she’s financially trapped by her father to be controlled by him. Jill/MC only have to believe Tybalt could sue to be blackmailed.

We can debate all the live long day the legal systems of DPC’s made up world but that isn’t what the plot hinges on. It hinges on characters believing these things to be true. The MC even brings up something mentioned above regarding legally it being Derek who is responsible for the party and Jill points out he will just have someone lie for him.

This isn’t about logic. The issues like the loan/blackmail aren’t about convincing us the reader of their legal validity. DPC’s job is to write a situation where we believe the characters believe a certain situation to be true and he’s done… an alright job here? Maybe… Maya and Jill are just dumb to fall for it but at least Jill eventually sees the light of day and shuts him down.

Regardless, debating for the upteenth time the fictional laws of the land is pointless but people keep dragging that back into things even when you try and discuss what the characters think.

I’m sick of attempts to discuss what characters think and feel being countered with “but I would have thought/felt this way so (insert character) is dumb and badly written because they didn’t think/feel how I would have in this situation.”
seems a bit definitive to me as a point of view

put that way it's all good, from the great classic of the mother agreeing to have sex with her son because she caused the erection.... the mother may actually believe it's her fault.

Let's say that every time you feel a bucket of ice water coming on and waking you up from immersion in the story, something is wrong.

then I agree that wasting time on what is possible or not from a "realistic" point of view is of little importance, but if the reactions are always justifiable, then writing a good story is terribly easy.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ChipLecsap

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Agree 100% that's why i refer to those "wrong facts" as just trivialities, it's the characters motivation to act as they do...
You can go argue to the pope there's no proof for atleast half the things written in the bible, it just wont change his view of life or his believes.... Ofcourse Maya isn't the pope but as the story is now anything can happen, who knows in ep.9 or 10 we will be introduced to a Lawyer named David Daily Rant who will set things straight as soon he gets his hands on the loan contract. ;)

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes