shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
This is by far the best response to the interlude and Zoey's character in general. Don't get me wrong, it was fairly well written and appropriately paced for what amounts to laying the foundation for a deuteragonist (I mean we were making decisions for her). However this leads to concerns over whether the build up to chapter 8 was a faux climax of the story or just part of the rising action, the latter of which would be severely underwhelming.

The story has 7 possible branches to follow for season 3: Maya/Josy, Maya OR Josy, Jill, Bella, Sage, or continue playing the field. That's a staggering amount of work DPC has created for himself, and introducing Zoey does give off the impression that he's decreasing the number of branches from 7 to 1 (or at least drastically cutting down on the complexity).

The first two seasons have absolutely blown my mind away with how well DPC has handled an increasingly complex story, I'm optimistic he'll figure out a way to incorporate Zoey's character in an unobtrusive manner (fingers crossed).
Personally I don’t see how the game is even gonna change all that much.

There have always been 4+ paths, some intertwining paths and some unavoidable story aspects.

That’s probably not even going to change.

Hang out with Josy & Maya, or just Josy or just Maya, picnic with Jill or go meet her friends, or have a date with Bella or get up to some mischief with Sage, or fuck them all off and get high with Quinn.

This has been going on all along, the only difference is that up until now you could focus on one girl or try to juggle as many as possible. It seems the juggling act is now over.

Who knows what Zoey brings to that mix, but there’s sure to be exclusive scenes with each girl, some jealousy and heartbreak, and the story will continue to build regardless of who the mc is with.

Probably the hardest job will be for anyone developing a mod to try and shoehorn all the LIs into one play through without turning the game to shit.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
After a second playthrough I think it might be bait, it's probably just Sage being Sage and after she does not see MC in the room she runs after him because she can't face her parents alone, bangs on the door and when EP9 start she'll just be yelling at MC for bailing right when she's supposed to talk.
It's just DPC generating more interest and mystery for the next chapter.
it could also be. that Sage goes looking for MC AFTER the meeting is credible

the most likely outcome of the meeting remains a "we'll let you know" :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: DarkKiller

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
finished the third run on the interlude, I miss the minigames but I doubt that they will change my judgment

it satisfied me, this interlude was exactly what i expected

did this attempt to make Zoey more "likeable" work? not so much with me. the whole necessity of the departure exploited one of the most pathetic means that could be used, the promise to her dead grandmother (taken from the worst pixar movies..). of course Zoey's character comes out deeper than before, but it remains a caricature. Is Zoey rebellious because she has blue hair or does she have blue hair because she's a rebel? what demons torment her? no answer from the interlude.

she is young, so any behavior is justified, before anyone tells me....
but if one acts like a bitch, it remains that one acted like a bitch even if she was young

she didn't win me over, but I'm still optimistic that she will be a good shock to the story (we have already seen that MC is melting at the mere hearing of her return, so for the choices that matter we will have to wait on her...)

the 2 things i liked the most were the graphic aspect, i liked all the animations, basically useless, but very cinematic and the aesthetic upgrade of Zoey, and the fact that DPC tried to rectify the "fuck, fuck, fuck" scene giving it some nuances depending on the situation where MC is (he could have done it sooner... but better late than never)

the fact that Sage is furiously looking for MC makes me think that in the meeting with Burke there was some unforeseen event, maybe it is revealed to Maya that the loan was all a scam and she had a crisis, or she ran away... we'll see (in 5-6 months...)
ah I forgot: ename144 , you have been overly optimistic, other than shy boyfriend, better no boyfriend!!! you never know how people are sensitive ... :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ename144

ViolatedHeroine

Mar 12, 2020
Does anyone have a torrent or reliable win download for season 1-2, Mega limits are crappy and only other working download link in post is downloading as an iso.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
the interlude left me with two doubts:
When Mc talks to Bella about Zoey we see the photos that Emma took of her, this makes me think that MC has seen them, but did he see Emma's post or at a later time did Zoey shoot them to him directly? the first hypothesis would explain why Mc thinks she is in a relationship...

the second doubt is about the timing: when does Zoey leave? the summer before MC meets Josy? but didn't this create that problem with the age?

Reactions: shazba

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Honestly this is more than likely an another overreacting from the player base. I've seen so many shit regarding that, that Sage knocking on the door. Going extend deep details about, how it's gonna be yet again shit writing, because its must be about Jade, but if you don't fuck Jade it's a plot hole, and blah blah blah blah blah:rolleyes: . It's like Maya's father all over again:ROFLMAO:. "Oh DPC gonna force us to pretend to be My boyfriend, oh no NO , blah blah bad writing, I hate Maya, whining whining whining" :ROFLMAO:

The obvious answer, is that simple, Jade suck at cooking, and that's evident since Bella is good at it, and they are the polar opposite of each other :cool:
So Jade accidently food poisoned everyone, and now everyone is waiting for the fucking bathroom. Its gonna be that fucking simple

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's the beauty of DPC's story. It builds suspense, leaves questions, and then the solution is actually mundane.:D

Damn. I always fall for it.:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
When Mc talks to Bella about Zoey we see the photos that Emma took of her, this makes me think that MC has seen them, but did he see Emma's post or at a later time did Zoey shoot them to him directly? the first hypothesis would explain why Mc thinks she is in a relationship...

the second doubt is about the timing: when does Zoey leave? the summer before MC meets Josy? but didn't this create that problem with the age?
(I actually replayed the scene with Bella to just recap what happened.)

So IMO the following happened:
The MC saw the naked photo that was uploaded by Emma and her nasty comments about fucking her ex.
So the MC naturally assumed that Zoey is in a relationship now with the said ex.

I do not think that Zoey sent them to MC directly. Since Zoey tried to reduce her contact with MC after talking to 'Brian'? (the tattoo guy). It does not make sense that she would sent it to him especially given the negativity of that specific picture. Also the MC deduced from that picture that Zoey was in a relationship, so that only makes sense when taking the Rooster post into account.

Zoey left while the MC was still in High School, before meeting Josy. Zoey dropped out of HS without graduating, while the MC was still in school. He met Josy during the following summer vacation while working in the shop after graduating High school and before going to Uni.

Basically while MC was writing his 'mid term?' Uni exams, Zoey wrote and graduated from HS via correspondence course.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

I think that it is established that Zoey drops out and leaves during the school year before the summer that he met Zoey. She has already turned 19 and only has one class left before graduation. I'm not sure, but it might be that Zoey isn't in the same class as MC but rather the year ahead of him which would explain the incongruity. If this isn't true, maybe she was held back a year at some point. What we do know is that she went no contact for six months before that summer, so she would have left fairly early in the school year.

луна

Aug 24, 2021
I was expecting Zoey to be a bad girl, but i was hella wrong, she really is a sweet girl. She easily could be in my top 5.
The last scene when Sage is angry at MC, changes if i pursued Jade or it the same for all paths ?

Reactions: AchedCroissant

Thargor

Jul 14, 2018
I was expecting Zoey to be a bad girl, but i was hella wrong, she really is a sweet girl. She easily could be in my top 5.
The last scene when Sage is angry at MC, changes if i pursued Jade or it the same for all paths ?
Its the same for all paths.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Sage appears the same in all 3 occasions.
MC's is not. He looks calm if no Sage or Jade involved, a little nervous if either of them involved and ready to run to the hills if both of them defiled :BootyTime:
What means that Sage outburst isn't because of MC. I think she just need to take a dump but MC occupied the bathroom for too long :KEK:

• Thinking Face
Reactions: dalli_x

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I think that it is established that Zoey drops out and leaves during the school year before the summer that he met Zoey. She has already turned 19 and only has one class left before graduation. I'm not sure, but it might be that Zoey isn't in the same class as MC but rather the year ahead of him which would explain the incongruity. If this isn't true, maybe she was held back a year at some point. What we do know is that she went no contact for six months before that summer, so she would have left fairly early in the school year.
Zoey is about 1 1/2 years older than he MC.

MC will be 19 years old while he is at B&R. Emma's Rooster Cluck was 6 months ago. So MC was 18 1/2 years old at that time. Zoey's birthday was at this time and she turned 20. Age clarified.

Zoey had to repeat a course in high school because she failed trigonometry. The MC even says so in the Interlude.

That's probably why Zoey had to do detention, and that's how she met the MC. The MC was 15 at the time, maybe 15 1/2, which would mean Zoey was 16 1/2 or already 17. Zoey taught the MC to smoke, so I assume Zoey was already 17 at the time of detention.

Since Zoey failed trigonometry and had to repeat, it could be that Zoey and the MC took the same trigonometry class.

It is interesting that Zoey's old friends from high school have graduated and may already be studying when the MC goes to B&R. Zoey's old friends are probably all around 20 years old.

Some have already compared Zoey to Quinn in terms of personality, and you can agree with that when you look at Zoey from detention, where the MC meets her. Zoey from Interlude has spent more time with the MC, and if there's one thing we know about the MC, it's that it can influence people in a positive way.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes