lazyamerican

Mar 25, 2020
Is this entirely about MC's girl? Cause I really couldn't care less for playing as someone else, especially as a women. Always hated that in games where you're suddenly forced to play as someone else.

Reactions: Majindevil

shiton32

Sep 29, 2021
Is this entirely about MC's girl? Cause I really couldn't care less for playing as someone else, especially as a women. Always hated that in games where you're suddenly forced to play as someone else.
zoey = best friend and fuck buddy

and that's just the character introduction is pretty short
the game interlude has a lot of scenes and important details with mc
it was actually pretty fun
And I've never played a female protagonist game before

• Red Heart
Reactions: Conor Adams

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
I don't know how this will affect the main story in the future, but I enjoyed this little episode. Curious to see how things move going forward with Zoey back and since my main playthrough choice was the bachelor route interested to see what could happen.

nsiac

Feb 16, 2020
When Zoey was mentioned in Season 1, she didn't attract me at all.
I went into the Interlude without expectations.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DPC is really talented.

Advice for the people who don't want to play it just because: play it.
And yes, I'm usually not even into tatted chicks but she has sex appeal. And she's really funny.

Not gonna lie, I'm curious to see how things will go in Episode 9.
I've always been on team Jill but seeing the connection and chemistry Zoey had with MC, well, that's something.

AbhyLogan

Feb 8, 2019
Unofficial Android Port for :

Being a DIK [v0.8.2] + Scrappy's Mod

Download [Slightly Graphic Quality Reduced]
[Size: 2.02 Gb]

Download [Apk+Obb] [Slightly Graphic Quality Reduced]
[Size: 1.96 Gb]

Download [Good Graphic Quality]
[Size: 2.80 Gb]

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

if you liked my work, support on Patreon.

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

All link is broken

Reactions: Jauvitu

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Not sure I would call presuming some dude she fucked was her boyfriend as 'badly misinterpreting a cluck'. Its not like he saw it broke up with her and refused to let her explain. She moved away, started talking to him less and less and then he saw a tweet implying she had a boyfriend now. The way he recites it to Bella comes off as that's just what happened with her life instead of the lynchpin in why he never saw her again.
I'd definitely call it a major misinterpretation. He sees a cluck by a woman he doesn't know saying Zoey fucked the woman's ex. From that he concludes that Zoey is in an ongoing relationship? The MC has never had trouble distinguishing between sex and commitment, why this one exception?

It's not a major concern, just a frustrating detail sacrificed on the altar of DPC's need to surprise us. He should have had the MC tell Bella "I saw she hooked up with someone."

I also give my 2 cents on the question of the contrast between the "crossroad" and the return of Zoey

as a situation it is realistic that the return of an ex (Zoey is an ex not a friend, maybe she will become one, but for now she is fully and solely an ex) will challenge the relationships in which MC would have officially dedicated himself.

it's not MC's fault, it's fate's fault. without Zoey Mc was convinced of his choice, with her return having doubts is legitimate.

the problem is that this backtrack (which will be there, it will not be optional), for how the events have been constructed, in some cases becomes really cruel, especially towards the two LIs for which there is a real statement (Bella and Jill), MC makes us a really bad figure to back off
Eh, it's not going to be much better towards Sage or M&J. The Interlude isn't enough for Zoey to challenge the MC's waifu without making the MC's choice look meaningless.

At least not as things currently stand. So let's get a bit of prognostication out of the way. If Zoey is indeed intended to tempt the MC (and I believe she is), I think DPC intends to play the long game. Zoey's return will shake the MC up quite a bit, but he'll stick by his choice in Episode 9. Zoey will settle for rebuilding her friendship with him.

But as the season goes on problems will develop in the MC's relationship, eventually leading to him either breaking up, or being on the verge of doing so (sort of like Maya and Josy in Season 1). That's when DPC will club us over the head with Zoey. If we're lucky, Zoey will be optional (or based on our previous decisions). If we're unlucky, the MC will give in automatically and that tryst will the be the catalyst for the MC's actual breakup. Either way, Season 4 will be about picking up the pieces and making our final choice.

So there you have it. That's my Zoeypocalypse prediction. And for the record, I think that's a potentially valid approach (assuming he handles the breakups well, which will be no mean feat). I just think it's not going to hit as hard as DPC would like because even with a few more episodes' buildup, Zoey is not as tempting as the other girls.

I like the misunderstanding about Emma's post, because it kind of gives the idea of an MC spying on what Zoey is doing anyway and giving up when he sees she's moved on, it's sad but realistic.
The idea is fine, it's the execution I find dubious.

absolutely could also be that Zoey actually had him a boyfriend (not Bret), in the end she was in San Diego for a very long time and that she was all the time "alone" is as realistic as Sage waiting months and months is....
Absolutely not! We dedicated an entire Interlude to Zoey's road trip; there's no way I'm going to headcanon in a whole other series of off-camera adventures for her! o_O

I agree it's silly Zoey was out there for <mumble> months and only met 4 (platonic) friends, but better to stick with that. At the end of the day, this is still effectively a flashback; we can assume it's a streamlined version of the important events and elide over the rest.

The only major detail I find problematic is that we know the cluck happened some time before Episode 3 (up to 6 months), yet Zoey never reached out to the MC once she realized Bret's advice to break contact was in fact terrible. That's quite a stretch, and it makes it harder to avoid cynically ascribing her return purely to being out of money. Just one more sign we'd have been better off incorporating Zoey into the game much sooner. :whistle:

I think a really obvious answer to how the mc saw Zoey's cluck was that Emma tagged her in the photo.

Zoey was shitting herself that all her friends and family were gonna see the photo
Since I'm sure none of them were following Emma, tagging Zoey in the photo alerted all of Zoey's followers, including the mc.

Mystery solved.
I'm not really social media compliant so I'll take your word for it working that way. But the cluck was only up for a short time. The MC doesn't generally come across as someone who follows Rooster obsessively, so it's fortuitous (for DPC) that he managed to see the cluck, then ignore the implications of its removal. Come to think of it, however, it would have been nice of Emma to post a retraction if Zoey talked her down, right?

So, what the hell did he do to Josy????

View attachment 1692089

Her usual cute-as-a-bug face looks contorted, especially her mouth. I know it's just a superfluous render in the credits, but still.
Josy's always had the odd contortions when she smiled broadly, but it's much more noticeable recently. I'm guessing it's a side effect of his newer lighting/rendering setup.

here I found the reference to my doubts

DPC has deliberately changed this scene, shortening the gap between Zoey and MC, but now the interlude seems to pull them apart again as in the first version

I repeat, to make everything fit, a relativistic time must be kept

View attachment 1692663 View attachment 1692664
The dialog changed with the release of Episode 6 (though Scrappy's mod apparently preserved the original lines, probably unintentionally). The Interlude is technically compatible with the retcon, it's just best not to ask any questions about exactly when the MC and Zoey started having sex.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
zoey = best friend and fuck buddy

and that's just the character introduction is pretty short
the game interlude has a lot of scenes and important details with mc
it was actually pretty fun
And I've never played a female protagonist game before
ever? in your entire life? how is that even possible unless you avoid them on purprose?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes