POVREVIEW

May 14, 2018
The real explanation is that the game has no [pregnancy] tag.
If this game had normal RL pregnancy then 90% of the girls there would already be pregnant, or on the pill, even before MC arrives.
I would normally agree but in recent years games have changed from FAPS style to SIMS and this game i reckon had at least seaosn 3 and 4 left in it. tbh
I use ScappyMod, no problems loading into the interlude, but then again i didn't use any cheat options... ;)
if you edit the options at the end just before he has to make a girls selection it changed it back to normal

Or just have 7 saves like me and edit who u want lol

Reactions: vogelbeest

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Plus, not to go off on a bit of a tangent, i dare say this interlude didn't land for a lot of people not because it told Zoey's backstory in San Diego, but because it rushed to it. It spent too little time setting up her relationship with the MC and a disproportionate amount of it tearing it down, especially considering no prior work was put into setting any of that up.

Which ultimately left those of us not too interested in filling the voids, or indeed not too willing to give Zoey herself a chance ('cause she hot or DCP big brain), with 5 to 10 minutes of one character we care about getting treated like shit (MC), a whole lot of superfluous, and no reason to care about the 'childhood friend' who did that, or even think of their relationship as anything more than convenient fuckbuddies.
To add to what you said, part of it for me was the "...little time setting up her relationship with the MC and a disproportionate amount of it tearing it down" that you mention - THEN her deciding "fuck this, I want him back" and throwing her into the middle of the life he's built now. Pointless, pointless, pointless.......unless the point is to create a bunch more drama, in a game that has more drama than 10 other games on this site combined.

Zoey's not a "shoot her in the head" level by any means, but more of a "Great to see you, I moved on after you bailed, bye-bye!" for me

Just my feelings.

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020
I don't wanna bring up personal examples but this is what happens when you don't get neglected and are actually happy ( or let's just stick with... your world has improved since... :p ;) )
The model used is improved a lot from the hair and face with time, just that...but the Sage model in the first episode was not that great...anyway I always find her interesting. And my DIK path is focus on her mostly, I have my path for the others HOT as well. But I don't know how much we can enjoy or if it's possible to have a Quinn path? A Lily path? Camila path? Riona Path?Sarah? Melanie? Maybe i just wasting time for them...but who knows?For the Hot the only one remaining is Arieth lmao...

Elena and Heather are more kind with the MC but i don't think they will be on the Others path...Tommy cheat on Heather often but John Boy is a friend and they are a great couple. I don't want to ruin their happiness, well if there is a chance i could do another save maybe. Just for the 100% of scene and rewards :sneaky::sneaky:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
A lot of people seem to be convinced that the MC and/or Zoey are in love. I remain unconvinced. That they miss each other deeply is beyond debate, but missing someone and being in love with them is not the same thing. The difference is that Tremolo has taken the opportunity to explore his feelings for other people (even in playthroughs without sex) and Zoey has not. This also doesn't mean that Zoey loves him more. Some people are just more social than others and have higher sex drives. All this isn't to say that Zoey and MC wouldn't make a good couple. A strong friendship such as the one they share is a better basis for a relationship than the infatuation he has with the main love interests. But the fact is that they both had ample time to define their relationship if either of them wanted more than friendship with some fun.

I'm not sure where the relationship is headed, but I would bet the farm that as much as she misses MC Zoey is still intending to come back only as his friend. Maybe work around the campus and live life as a townie. But when she sees him with the other girls this is going to change things for her. I see Zoey and their relationship as a slow burn story that is going to have some serious ups and downs. She might even get a love interest of her own if DPC is in the mood for a revolt and doesn't mind teasing a romantic foil in the vein of Tybalt (but maybe an actual nice guy this time). But if she just shows up intending to vomit her feelings and take her place as main love interest number 6 ... nah. That isn't going to serve the story in any meaningful way. So the TL;DR is that I am bracing myself for some serious Zoey blue balling. She's Julia Roberts in "My Best Friends Wedding" and if she does get MC it is probably going to be in the final scene.

I love Zoey, but I don't think Tremolo does. Not yet anyway.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I quoted that bit because i was more replying to that part of your post. I of course also read the rest, your theory on what will happen et all, but i should have made that obvious. Sorry about that, and may you be right.

As for ded grandma, again it's a story and not real life, so for me that fell as flat as the childhood friends bit. To not reinstate what i already did, i believe expecting readers to care about some old fictional woman - whom they've only ever seen in a 1 minute flashback - because she died, and was old, and some newly introduced character cared about her... is a lot.

Like, she's not a character but a motive. And at that, a motive for a character i don't care about to do something i don't agree with, that furthermore only ended up hurting the one character in the interlude that i do care for.

I didn't buy any of that shit, to be brief, so while intellectualy i see what DCP was aiming for, emotionally i was just not invested in anything from beginning to the end (but maybe the MC's reaction).

Which is why, again, in my opinion this whole thing would have worked much better if Zoey had been a part of the story from the start. If i'd cared about her beforehand - say because she'd occupied Josy's role in the prologue, or because she'd kept in contact with the MC throughout those two seasons (thus making their fallout a thing we'd seen, rather than one we were off-handedly told about during some drunken ramblings) - then by proxy i would have at least given half a shit about her grandma, her own side of the story, and what she got up to.

I was just asked to care, so i just don't.
I hear you and I understand where you are coming from, it wasnt that far off how I felt about the interlude, I mean you can read it about 8000 replies back.

But ALL of them are story and not real life, every single one of them fills a specific role that DPC wanted filled, Zoey is not different, just consistent with the rest.

The only thing that matters in the end is choice, I would be super pissed and disappointed if we couldnt X or move Zoey to the friendzone for good in episode 9. Obviously those that remained undecided after Ep08 should have the option to either date her or fuck and forget, but choice should drive the story forward, not predetermination and I think we agree on that.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Quinn path? A Lily path? Camila path? Riona Path?Sarah? Melanie?
To put it simply... OTHERS... It does not hurt if you are on good terms with them so do a targeted run for each of them but so far they are not " scored " so all of them belong to the future AKA others path... where it will separate only DPC knows so create saves for those occasions so simple as that ! ;) :LOL:
And what would change with time ? Fuckface levels up in being a manwhore or what ? :ROFLMAO:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
To put it simply... OTHERS... It does not hurt if you are on good terms with them so do a targeted run for each of them but so far they are not " scored " so all of them belong to the future AKA others path... where it will separate only DPC knows so create saves for those occasions so simple as that ! ;) :LOL:

And what would change with time ? Fuckface levels up in being a manwhore or what ? :ROFLMAO:
What would change in time? Any number of things. That's what time does, after all.

IcemanVincy85

Nov 14, 2020

I still have a save for Josy & Maya DIK path, i stole two kisses from Josy(the pool in the hot house when she invite you and the hot party when you took her a drink but she was so confused both times ) saying I'm still interesting in her, but that save is useless. I still believe Josy Dik path could happens... i'm a BELIEVER lmao :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Welp if this is how DPC wants to play this whole Zoey thing... count me out :KEK:
You've made your feelings on the subject abundantly clear. I'm sure that nobody on the board is mistaken when it comes to your opinions regarding Zoey's inclusion. But will it make a difference if you count yourself out? This is doubtful. The show will go on, such as it is said.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
A lot of people seem to be convinced that the MC and/or Zoey are in love. I remain unconvinced. That they miss each other deeply is beyond debate, but missing someone and being in love with them is not the same thing. The difference is that Tremolo has taken the opportunity to explore his feelings for other people (even in playthroughs without sex) and Zoey has not. This also doesn't mean that Zoey loves him more. Some people are just more social than others and have higher sex drives. All this isn't to say that Zoey and MC wouldn't make a good couple. A strong friendship such as the one they share is a better basis for a relationship than the infatuation he has with the main love interests. But the fact is that they both had ample time to define their relationship if either of them wanted more than friendship with some fun.

I'm not sure where the relationship is headed, but I would bet the farm that as much as she misses MC Zoey is still intending to come back only as his friend. Maybe work around the campus and live life as a townie. But when she sees him with the other girls this is going to change things for her. I see Zoey and their relationship as a slow burn story that is going to have some serious ups and downs. She might even get a love interest of her own if DPC is in the mood for a revolt and doesn't mind teasing a romantic foil in the vein of Tybalt (but maybe an actual nice guy this time). But if she just shows up intending to vomit her feelings and take her place as main love interest number 6 ... nah. That isn't going to serve the story in any meaningful way. So the TL;DR is that I am bracing myself for some serious Zoey blue balling. She's Julia Roberts in "My Best Friends Wedding" and if she does get MC it is probably going to be in the final scene.

If MC loves her as of the end of the interlope ? Nobody knows, I guess we all hope that the MC was shaped by our choices and thus will react differently to having her back in his life, according to our choices. Mine sure doesnt.

That MC did love her and that the Zoey that is coming back now, discovered that she loves him is without question in my opinion, I mean thats the setup the entire interlope was about, DPC went out of his way to show it and say it. Felt like 80% of all animations were about showing Zoey's facial expressions go from doom to a smile that swallows her ears whenever she thinks about the MC, he's the beacon pulling her back home.

But then again, its only logicial, isnt it ? You cant have Zoey be an obstacle or a problem that needs solving if one of them doesnt have feelings on the line that go beyond friendship. All of us know that the timing of Zoey coming back just after the MC was "forced" to make a choice is not a coincidence, its like many said, another source of Drama, maybe even THE love drama of S03.

But I do hope there is a friendship option in there somewhere, and that its not a black or white yes or no kinda deal in the end.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
If MC loves her as of the end of the interlope ? Nobody knows, I guess we all hope that the MC was shaped by our choices and thus will react differently to having her back in his life, according to our choices. Mine sure doesnt.

That MC did love her and that the Zoey that is coming back now, discovered that she loves him is without question in my opinion, I mean thats the setup the entire interlope was about, DPC went out of his way to show it and say it. Felt like 80% of all animations were about showing Zoey's facial expressions go from doom to a smile that swallows her ears whenever she thinks about the MC, he's the beacon pulling her back home.

But then again, its only logicial, isnt it ? You cant have Zoey be an obstacle or a problem that needs solving if one of them doesnt have feelings on the line that go beyond friendship. All of us know that the timing of Zoey coming back just after the MC was "forced" to make a choice is not a coincidence, its like many said, another source of Drama, maybe even THE love drama of S03.

But I do hope there is a friendship option in there somewhere, and that its not a black or white yes or no kinda deal in the end.
I tend to agree. Most of the love interests, whether they are a main one or not, have multiple paths. Lily can love you like a cat loves catnip, be somewhat indifferent, or hate your guts. I would be very surprised if Zoey's friendship option wasn't on the table. She could still cause drama this way, albeit unintentionally, as his relationship with her would still be close and intimate enough to cause jealousy among the other girls.

My dream storyline? Zoey pledges and demands to become the first female DIK. Tremolo gets to be her father. The guy who failed last time is her brother and has to eat his cum in the cumpatition because Zoey doesn't have a dick. Tremolo is horrified at how easy it is for Zoey to seduce a teacher. Zoey loves wearing the DIK helmet. The gay security guard goes horribly awry. The DIK carwash is profitable for the very first time. Zoey moves into the library and Derek remains literally and figuratively in the closet. But then again it is thoughts like this that kept me out of the really good schools and it is probably a good thing that I'm not writing the game.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
My dream storyline? Zoey pledges and demands to become the first female DIK.
That would make the Dik's the first gender neutral fraternity.... She might need to get in touch with Caleb's supplier for those testoterones to join though... ;)

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I tend to agree. Most of the love interests, whether they are a main one or not, have multiple paths. Lily can love you like a cat loves catnip, be somewhat indifferent, or hate your guts. I would be very surprised if Zoey's friendship option wasn't on the table. She could still cause drama this way, albeit unintentionally, as his relationship with her would still be close and intimate enough to cause jealousy among the other girls.

My dream storyline? Zoey pledges and demands to become the first female DIK. Tremolo gets to be her father. The guy who failed last time is her brother and has to eat his cum in the cumpatition because Zoey doesn't have a dick. Tremolo is horrified at how easy it is for Zoey to seduce a teacher. Zoey loves wearing the DIK helmet. The gay security guard goes horribly awry. The DIK carwash is profitable for the very first time. Zoey moves into the library and Derek remains literally and figuratively in the closet. But then again it is thoughts like this that kept me out of the really good schools and it is probably a good thing that I'm not writing the game.
HAHAHAHA, you legit made me laugh ! And because you did I'm not gonna be debby downer and say something terribly logical about fraternities and girls. But ... we could totally make the DIK's the first coed Frater...NO!...Sorori...wait...sigh...I'm fucked in the head too :(

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes