vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
how do you play the interlude if u dont have any save files or base game installed?

ty for your help in advance <3
Why would you want to play the interlude if you haven't played season 1 & 2 is a better question....
If you have your saves of the end of ep 8 (should still be stored even if you deleted the game) and can be used to import into the interlude.
If not you can dl several saves from page 1/extra and import them if you save them in the correct maps.
But seriously, if you haven't played season 1&2 start there, the interlude is basicly an introduction of a character for next episodes and there's no real progress on the main story.

Nov 18, 2021
Why would you want to play the interlude if you haven't played season 1 & 2 is a better question....
If you have your saves of the end of ep 8 (should still be stored even if you deleted the game) and can be used to import into the interlude.
If not you can dl several saves from page 1/extra and import them if you save them in the correct maps.
But seriously, if you haven't played season 1&2 start there, the interlude is basicly an introduction of a character for next episodes and there's no real progress on the main story.
I had the game but then deleted it once I completed the update

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Oh but I will, worth it. Btw, I have one question: Can I be the new Captain America and freeze myself until the episode is here? No? :LOL:
As best to my knowledge cryonics as is the term of deepfreeze and later thaw out and revive does not exist... it's fiction at this moment... BUT if we stick to jokes then : knock yourself out ! ;) :LOL:
Like this... :KEK:
1639875_A7B9B7C2-9A8B-47B0-A156-1246848CB357.gif
I'm not! Already playing ep9, great story! Sage breaking down that door with an axe was slightly scary, but nothing too serious.
Goddamn diarrhea get's out the worst of us... welp this could also mean that not Bella :love: is the axe murderer but Sage :love: the little devil :devilish::LOL: Of course we pick this up later when she's done with her dump :poop::ROFLMAO:
Ah well, next we need to swap the Jocks steroids with estriadol before that competition so no time for hanging around here!
While you are at it please put there some laxatives too... thx ! :devilish:(y):LOL::ROFLMAO::KEK:

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
Aside from writing and posing animations, I've been preparing close to 50-60 characters for the episode. There will be some cosmetic polls in the future, but sadly most of the Halloween costumes are planned, so I won't be able to give you the freedom to choose Halloween costumes for many girls, or it would mess up my writing and the episode story.
Darn, I hope we at least get to pick the MC's costume and maybe our LIs' as well. But it's awesome that the party is confirmed next update and something big is probably gonna happen to kick off the season. I think I'm hyped :Kappa:

One thing, is it known why Quinn sells drugs? I don't remember seeing it in the story and I think it's not for a stupid reason.

edit: or obvious reasons
We don't exactly know why Quinn sells drugs yet, or why she runs the restaurant, but the general theory is that she's doing it to get money to help her dad somehow. There are a lot of details we're missing regarding Quinn, her dad and Burke that makes it impossible to guess what's really going on behind the scenes. So yeah, it's likely not for a stupid reason but we just don't know yet. Stay tuned to the Quinn Channel to find out :KappaPride:

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
TheWaitBegin!

• The Interlude had the same development time and animation duration as Episode 3.
  • I added animations duration in the table to better see the work done as DPC tend to assemble them now.
    • The Interlude had 52 animations into 36.
  • DPC pumping some early interesting rendering ratio. Note that he started to work on it before EPI release.
  • Release projection: Early September 2022 (25 weeks) — Mid October 2022 (30 weeks)
    • An Halloween release would be surprising cause it would explose the development time to 33 weeks.

EPRendersAnimationsMusic*SizeReleaseDevelopment TimeRatio*R/DA/D
EP1130151 (3:29)≈1.1 GB07 Feb 2019— days
EP21709 (+31%)77 (3:36) (+26)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)04 May 2019087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)20.519.60.89
EP32289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)16 Aug 2019105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)22.521.80.95
EP42532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)10 Jan 2020148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)18.017.10.91
EP52456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)29 May 2020141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)18.517.41.11
EP63336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)13 Nov 2020169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)20.719.70.96
EP73723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)23 Apr 2021162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)24.523.01.54
EP84158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)34 (6.8K$)≈19.5 GB (+5.0 GB)19 Nov 2021211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)21.419.71.70
EPI79436 (4:36)19 (3.8K$)≈2.6 GB (new .exe)4 March 2021105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)7.97.50.34
EP9≈200≈8in development007 (1 week)29.728.61.14
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† previous post. — Being a DIK in development since 3 years, 1 month, 4 days (37 months / 161 weeks / 1,128 days / 27,072 hours)
* 199$ Premium Licensed Music — Ratio: (Renders+Animations)/Development Time [Average: 20.9] — Renders/Days [Average: 19.8] — Animations/Days [Average: 1.15] — EP7+ New HW

(y) Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.
That table makes me wonder a lot of things and most of 'em i won't say, but one of them is how/why the interlude took that long. Not because i pretend quick releases, i couldn't even if i wanted to since i'm not paying, but because it's pretty stark that comparitevely it's the update that took the longest to make, with a margin.

I mean, even if he took a 1 month vacation after EP8, and we took that one out for fairness sake, the numbers still wouldn't look all that much better. Maybe what dragged was the writing, dunno. Is interesting.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
That table makes me wonder a lot of things and most of 'em i won't say, but one of them is how/why the interlude took that long. Not because i pretend quick releases, i couldn't even if i wanted to since i'm not paying, but because it's pretty stark that comparitevely it's the update that took the longest to make, with a margin.

I mean, even if he took a 1 month vacation after EP8, and we took that one out for fairness sake, the numbers still wouldn't look all that much better. Maybe what dragged was the writing, dunno. Is interesting.
Perhaps DPC contracting Covid would be one of the factors

Another factor that DPC was working on the Steam version after episode 8

Reactions: Marley300 and mpa71

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
We don't exactly know why Quinn sells drugs yet, or why she runs the restaurant, but the general theory is that she's doing it to get money to help her dad somehow. There are a lot of details we're missing regarding Quinn, her dad and Burke that makes it impossible to guess what's really going on behind the scenes. So yeah, it's likely not for a stupid reason but we just don't know yet. Stay tuned to the Quinn Channel to find out
Well, since she has her make-up (the star) in honor of her father it's likely her father died. Buddy used to be his sidekick but is now running the business and her mother still gets help there from buddy so it's not even unlikely (atleast partly) Quinn is doing it for her. Quinn is very much opposed to cocaine so it might even be her dad had an overdose. And most important Quinn has a good contact with buddy to provide in her own drug abuse so why not sell and have your own for free?

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
And GOG and taking care of business... ;)
The GOG version is the same as the Patreon version he just did copy and paste thanks to the loving ANTI-DRM
Ah, gotcha.

Didn't City of Broken Dreamers' dev also get covid? My tinfoil theory that they're the same person, based on nothing more than their releases usually being close, getting some traction :illuminati:
If Phil weren't Canadian I would support this theory. :ROFLMAO:

RonnieBoi

Nov 20, 2018
Goddamn diarrhea get's out the worst of us... welp this could also mean that not Bella :love: is the axe murderer but Sage :love: the little devil :devilish::LOL: Of course we pick this up later when she's done with her dump :poop::ROFLMAO:
Bella will still stay on top of the axe-murderer list.:devilish:. Ok, no fire this time but still plenty of drama to come. Because DPC.
My theory is that if you have chosen Bella as the love of your life, the return of DIK Zoey (you didn't want to play the InterLube and a DIK Zoey is the default) will lead to tragedy.

Bella doesn't like a cocky DIK Smurf chasing her Fuckface at all, sooo...
End of Zoey...:oops:
Bella orders Chick Fuckface to clean the axe and hide the butchered corpse in the locked room with the other corpses.
Fuckface cleans the axe after a mini game re-painting the fence (blood stains).
It all fits in quite nicely I think :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Bella will still stay on top of the axe-murderer list.:devilish:. Ok, no fire this time but still plenty of drama to come. Because DPC.
My theory is that if you have chosen Bella as the love of your life, the return of DIK Zoey (you didn't want to play the InterLube and a DIK Zoey is the default) will lead to tragedy.

Bella doesn't like a cocky DIK Smurf chasing her Fuckface at all, sooo...
End of Zoey...:oops:
Bella orders Chick Fuckface to clean the axe and hide the butchered corpse in the locked room with the other corpses.
Fuckface cleans the axe it after a mini game re-painting the fence (blood stains).
It all fits in quite nicely I think :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::unsure:
I miss the gore and the details of it :devilish::ROFLMAO: Otherwise not half bad... :KEK:

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
This was clear from the very end of episode 8. Branching is a complicated thing.
In addition, it is unclear how branching with Others will work. Will one branch split into several others? Pink wrote that he wants to make the content of one branch equal in size to the content of the other. The difficulty of the Other branches is that there are several characters in it, each of which has a mini-plot.
For example, Quinn has his own route. At the end of episode 8, it looks like Lily, Riona and Zoey will have their own ways. How will this be implemented? Will it just separate the path of Others to several parallel branches independent of each other?
With the exception of Zoey, none of those characters requires their own routes. Most of the time we see them in scenes that are open to all routes, because they are important to the overall plot. [Quinn with Riona; Quinn with Tommy; Quinn with Lily; Quinn with the dealers; Lily with the Pink Rose girls; Riona with Camila; Sarah with Melanie - as can be inferred from this, Quinn is very important to the overall plot.] Sex scenes are the exception, but even there the MC doesn't have to gain relationship points with any of them. It's all in previous choices and the MC's CHICK/DIK affinity.

At the end of Episode 8, the MC was forced to make a decision. Isabella, Jill, Josy/Maya and Sage got their own routes. The rest were placed in Others for a reason. They don't have their own routes.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes