Min0s

Jan 10, 2020
If all is how it should be and your saves from 8.0 still don't work there's only 1 thing left : press "import" instead of "saves" in the menu.... if that doesn't work it's not how it should be!
I can get 2 of them this way, not all the others though. Weird

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The evidence that tends to sway me are the themes of the game surrounding blood and family; the first lines of the game are a retrospective by the MC about family being the people who support you and all that good stuff, as told to him by Neil himself, but how exactly is that relevant to the MC's story when Neil is then immediately introduced as a super great biological dad who has never let him down? The theme of 'Family' is literally the first word of the game, but the MC is actually the only main character in the game who has a relatively drama-free biological family. Maya, Josy, Jill, Bella, Sage, Quinn - all of them have been shown to have problems with their families, their dads, moms, adoptive parents, sisters, husbands etc. The theme of 'family' fits all of them much more than the MC, except for the potential of a big secret in Lynette's diary - but what possible secret could be relevant to the theme of 'family being those who support you and not those who share your blood'? Because again, that theme fits almost everyone except the main character of the story, the guy who literally said those words - what could make those words relevant from him, who already has a fantastic biological dad - the best dad the story has shown us?
evidently we have quite different ideas about family dramas

being motherless practically forever would somehow be comparable to Josy? who has a terrible brother who stole her nail polish and a stepmother who loves her father, poor cinderella...

Bella until we know what happened to her husband is a separated woman like millions of others, she's an orphan but at least she became one when she grew up (who knows if this aspect will come back or was it just to get rid of uncomfortable meddlers :unsure:)

Sage, we didn't get a sense of whether or not she loves her adoptive parents, but as an orphan it could have definitely been worse for her

on the other hand MC who is poor as shit is his whole life has only had his father in fact he is living it up, he really needs a shake!!!!

this livor that you all bring him because he has sex with your favorites is heartless :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: SomboSteel

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Welp it is supposed to work like that... with " IMPORT " you can continue the story with an end of chapter 8 save ( save now ! ) ... with " CONTINUE " you can only work with InterLUBE save states ! You sure all the other saves ( that you cannot access now ) were made at the right time and place ? :unsure:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
You can only import the finished game saves, not the ones that aren't a completed playthrough. Also some saves give problems if missing translation mod or have been modded by using a cheat.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Since 'twists' on this thread sprout like weeds after a shower, at lease a few of them are going to take root and prove sturdy. It's kind of a shotgun approach. It would be difficult for DPC to come up with something that some tea-leaf reader around here hasn't thought of and posted about in exquisite detail. "See! Look, I was right! The MC's his own grandpa!"

i dont deny that with how much traffic this gets there are definitely some stupid theories that get posted.

but people picked up pretty early on that Troy and Chad were likely gay together, that was like the uber mega reveal that was called a million years in advance. there were others too like Sage and Tybalt probably being related. and i dont doubt that people have already mentioned here what DPC will reveal as far as Bella and that room and her stuff with James, and even stuff about MCs mom or dad has already likely been guessed here as well

DPC isnt M Night in the 6th Sense, people will likely figure things out before he reveals them himself. it doesnt help either that he takes sooo long in between content updates that all people have to do in the down time is figure out the rest of the story beats

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
there were others too like Sage and Tybalt probably being related
Well, them being related could have been cousins or something too, Sage had influence with Burke, that was clear, so a family relation was one of the more obvious possibilities. But Burke being her father was a bit far fetched and really hard to sell until we got her being adopted story.... Then i was like ; "okay, Burke is her father", that bit of information is just too weird to not assume anything else, despite it being illogical up to then. (and even now but okay..) I mean... what kids of teachers aren't known by everybody in the school just for being their kids... And why would Burke never look for her in Tybalts room? (why would he even look for her, if it was for anything else then just to be safe she did not walk in on him and Mona)
Seriously, the janitor closet would have been a much safer hiding spot, or the balcony.... But Tybalts room? Hey! wait, ill ask Tybbie, lets see if he's in his room! Tybster! Mister mellon! Have you seen... Ah! Sage! i was looking for you! But but but you would never find me here! Ah! Is that why you're hiding under that guy? MC : hi mister Burke! (hump hump hump)

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Well, them being related could have been cousins or something too, Sage had influence with Burke, that was clear, so a family relation was one of the more obvious possibilities. But Burke being her father was a bit far fetched and really hard to sell until we got her being adopted story.... Then i was like ; "okay, Burke is her father", that bit of information is just too weird to not assume anything else, despite it being illogical up to then. (and even now but okay..) I mean... what kids of teachers aren't known by everybody in the school just for being their kids... And why would Burke never look for her in Tybalts room? (why would he even look for her, if it was for anything else then just to be safe she did not walk in on him and Mona)
Seriously, the janitor closet would have been a much safer hiding spot, or the balcony.... But Tybalts room? Hey! wait, ill ask Tybbie, lets see if he's in his room! Tybster! Mister mellon! Have you seen... Ah! Sage! i was looking for you! But but but you would never find me here! Ah! Is that why you're hiding under that guy? MC : hi mister Burke! (hump hump hump)
Sounds like a muddafucking telenovela :KEK: :rolleyes::FacePalm::HideThePain:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
but people picked up pretty early on that Troy and Chad were likely gay together, that was like the uber mega reveal that was called a million years in advance. there were others too like Sage and Tybalt probably being related. and i dont doubt that people have already mentioned here what DPC will reveal as far as Bella and that room and her stuff with James, and even stuff about MCs mom or dad has already likely been guessed here as well
Or... if you throw enough shit at the wall, some of it's bound to stick.

SomboSteel

May 8, 2017
Or... if you throw enough shit at the wall, some of it's bound to stick.
but dont undermine the intelligent people on this forum that are invested in the world and characters and spend the time thinking about every little scene/interaction/line of dialog/item in the background of the shot. like i said its not like this is the Coen brothers or Melville or some high brow art, this isnt super complex story telling and while the production value and presentation is great, the characters are fairly stereotypical and the narrative is pretty basic compared to "real" writing out in the world.

people KNEW that it was Troy and Chad specifically that were in a relationship together based on the little bits of evidence laid out for them throughout the story. i remember seeing this so much before the big reveal that i almost had forgot that it wasnt canon yet because it seemed so obvious and was talked about so much lol. dont be surprised when many more of the DPC reveals have been posted here already. (and i mean months ago from THIS post im making right now. by the time this game ends it might have been literal years in advance that people finished plotting out DPCs story)

Last edited by a moderator:

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
Talking about Neil, my tinfoil thoery is that at some point he's gonna die/get hurt at his workplace. And i base it on nothing more than that brief scene in E1 at the construnction site, when he tells a younger co-worker to wear a helmet, always stucking out to me. Just feels kind of random, considering how much background work there is in E1.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes