Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
MC's knows his mother's name
Sorry, but he doesn't know. Everything tells that he never asked, he never met family and his dad never talked about family or old friends.

Damn, everybody in this game deals with family or relatives except MC. MC deals with no one except dad. And Dad never mentions anybody.

Even Zoey - who jumps in the wagon out of the blue after more than 3 fucking years of development - has family: we saw her mom, stepdad, grandma, and she mentions a cousin (or aunt).

MC? no one. His dad? no one.

Don't ask why: suspension of disbelief is the magic word.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
consider that all this money is used to cure her father or to pay his ransom (completely random hypothesis..), wouldn't it give a completely different reading of the character?
If any money she makes is for anything else then drugs, it's most likely for her mother, she is still being taken care of by Buddy.
But you're not gonna transform her into a Robin Hood either way, she's a survivor, she's doing what she's seen growing up.
The most you can get out of it is accepting she had bad role models, but that's no reason to make the same choices, it may be more understandable but she hasn't told Sage, so she knows it's wrong.... Quinn fans better hope for the redemption path. ;)

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Sorry, but he doesn't know. Everything tells that he never asked, he never met family and his dad never talked about family or old friends.
So you're telling me he never seen his own birth certificate or his own passport? You either are in a passport of your parents until you're 18, or you need a birth certificate (both parents on it) to get the passport when you turn 18.
Sorry, but that's just highly unlikely, a child can be born without any known father, but that would mean in any case his mother's name is on the birth certificate.... So the mother's name is known eitherway, he might even have it since his parents weren't married. The game just doesn't tell us.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
If any money she makes is for anything else then drugs, it's most likely for her mother, she is still being taken care of by Buddy.
But you're not gonna transform her into a Robin Hood either way, she's a survivor, she's doing what she's seen growing up.
The most you can get out of it is accepting she had bad role models, but that's no reason to make the same choices, it may be more understandable but she hasn't told Sage, so she knows it's wrong.... Quinn fans better hope for the redemption path. ;)
I believe little in redemption

the evil done always remains, but an understandable motivation shifts a lot the perception of the character.

Simplifying very much: if one does evil to earn money is an asshole, if he does it because he likes it is a sadist, if one does it because he has not found another way to solve his problems is a fool

all 3 of these types of villains can then repent, but they start from very different positions

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
So you're telling me he never seen his own birth certificate or his own passport? You either are in a passport of your parents until you're 18, or you need a birth certificate (both parents on it) to get the passport when you turn 18.
Sorry, but that's just highly unlikely, a child can be born without any known father, but that would mean in any case his mother's name is on the birth certificate.... So the mother's name is known eitherway, he might even have it since his parents weren't married. The game just doesn't tell us.
the psychosis about surnames is so high that I still wonder why DPC wanted us to know Maya's surname so suddenly and out of context...

(making sure that it happens whether we are in her route or not)

goldenrule91

Feb 26, 2021
No redemption path, more of Quinn being an evil hot bitch please and ty :Kappa:

Doubt the money is for her mom though, she glances at her on the way into Buddy's and doesn't even try to engage with her. It seems like her mom is a lost cause with her wandering around strung out, and Quinn probably knows that from growing up with her. The only clue we have of Quinn's motives is that she's apparently a daddy's girl, which we hear from Buddy and sort of see in a flashback (her dad defends her from Buddy while her mom is passed out), so best guess for my money is that she's probably gathering the cash for him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So if Quinn was doing everything to scrape together enough cash to help her dad somehow, maybe even at his request, then it makes her more sympathetic at least. What I've never been able to figure out though is how money could possibly help her dad out. Is it to pay for her dad's hospital treatment or bail or some kind of ransom like felicemastronzo suggests? Judging by Quinn's emotional expression, I'd say her dad has been taken from her in some way and she's very close to getting him back, so maybe he's in hiding from someone and she's paying his debt by proxy? Does Burke enter into the picture somehow, did he promise to pull some strings politically if Quinn fronts him the cash and runs the restaurant? Burke could be peripheral to Quinn's story, or she could be heavily involved with him, or he could be unaware of Quinn's dad and her true motives at all. There just isn't enough information to make a good guess.

That's why it's not very fair when Quinn says during the rain scene that the MC is slow at figuring things out, like bitch we only started paying attention to you 10 minutes ago and my blood is rushing to my penis, give me a break :KEK:

Cutecousin

Jan 25, 2018
I'm really scared about how season 3 will progress the game. We start off on a single path (on of the LIs) and as time goes by DPC will have to make more branches that are different. That means the content on every update will be scattered and not much play time on a single path. I really hope I'm wrong and that we won't have to replay all the paths to get the content.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
This is a "villain" but for the right reasons
tv4-Shishio_Makoto.png
For example Makoto during the time when Japan was in a weak position and the west was colonizing parts of Asia. He planned to consolidate the economy with oil once he took control of the country.

To say that Quinn is a villain is unnecessary, nobody knows what her motives are, will we know when? Who knows...

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
View attachment 1718383
For example Makoto during the time when Japan was in a weak position and the west was colonizing parts of Asia. He planned to consolidate the economy with oil once he took control of the country.

To say that Quinn is a villain is unnecessary, nobody knows what her motives are, will we know when? Who knows...
I just imagine Quinn ending like Makoto, since DPC like a fire :BootyTime:

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
The only clue we have of Quinn's motives is that she's apparently a daddy's girl, which we hear from Buddy and sort of see in a flashback (her dad defends her from Buddy while her mom is passed out), so best guess for my money is that she's probably gathering the cash for him.
Same scene makes clear Quinn is doing her make-up (the shooting star) for him... They talk about the mother, but there's nothing said further about her dad... Nothing at all... The fact the only thing said is about just the same sign her father had but nothing more made me think it's a painful issue and both knew enough by just saying that.
For me that kinda rules out him still being alive... even if it was critical Buddy would still have asked "how is he?"....
But okay, DPC can just have left things unsaid for a later reveal of facts. (bluddy dev steering us the wrong way all the time lol)

Aug 26, 2019
View attachment 1718383

Iam not but it seems like she's whoring out almost all of the chicks for her personal need . If that's true that does make her a villain

schinoize

Jun 8, 2021
Hey guys, I'm on my first blind playthrough and I have a question regarding Sage. I want to avoid as many spoilers as possible, so I didn't do a deep search. I know the answer is basically a spoiler as well, but I still want to know.

A simple yes/no is enough, I don't need more details. Thanks!

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Hey guys, I'm on my first blind playthrough and I have a question regarding Sage. I want to avoid as many spoilers as possible, so I didn't do a deep search. I know the answer is basically a spoiler as well, but I still want to know.

No

Reactions: schinoize

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

Yes

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017

Yes. You have several chances with Sage, but there is a last straw coming up. This can't be said of all the love interests.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes