Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Finally got Quinn to let me help her but still couldn't get that kiss from Sage idk why but Quinn feels like the type of character that like to be tough but we all know those type of people all have soft sides but back to Sage i get the feeling no matter what i do can't kiss her maybe it just isn't the right time.
If your talking about the scene right before you help Quinn, you cant kiss her no matter what your affinity is or what paths your on, even hers. Both choices end with her leaving.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
The way I’ve always looked at the game is that it isn’t our story. It’s the mc’s story.

We don’t get to fully control him or his responses to situations, we mostly only influence him from time-to-time.

At his core, the mc is a nice guy who is often introspective and sensitive but he’s also keen to help people in trouble.

This is inherent in his upbringing, values that are clearly passed on to him by his dad.

Throughout his story, we get to play the little devil or angel on his shoulder, prompting him to go down one path or the other.

Actually, rather than a devil or angel,
perhaps we get to play as his dick. Sending signals to his brain, trying to override intelligence at the mere thought of sex. :sneaky:

That puts a more literal spin on the title, “Being a DIK”. :p

The biggest mistake people make when playing this game is when don’t agree with how the mc reacts, they complain the story isn’t representing their expectations.

But that’s because the story isn’t theirs.

The mc’s responses are often quite consistent. He gets crushes quickly. He gets hurt easily. He panics often. He second guesses himself occasionally.

But he is evolving.

In the more recent episodes he has been considering the repercussions of his decisions.

Once again, as his dick, weget to try to override these thoughts, telling him it’s ok to keep fucking around, but that depends on how the mc has evolved.

As a Chick, the mc isn’t being lead by his dick so much anymore. If M&J or Jill are a branching option, you can’t even select to stay single and keep playing the field.

As a DIK, the mc can forgo Bella or Sage and keep fooling around with other girls.

It makes sense, but only if we assume the mc’s mindset rather than our own, and stop thinking we are in full control of the mc.
That the game tells someone else's story is sacrosanct, any game can only do that.

but there are two distinct aspects: one subjective and one objective

the first one occurs when MC, but also other characters, do something that seems incomprehensible, this inevitably ruins the immersion in the story (for example the issue of the rebound guy, brought out suddenly and also suddenly made to disappear under the carpet), but let's say that we must make an effort to let it slide

the second one is when objectively we are faced with choices that do not always exist either for us players or for the protagonist... after the concert i have to accept that MC is really more or less still into the girls present? ok, i can accept it, despite everything tells me that it is not so, from the BIO of the characters to their speeches. but what's the point of all this if the next morning when i have to make the choice i have only one option? what happened to all the doubts? or maybe i only have Sage who is not even present at the concert...
those are moments when a moment that should be important in the narrative of the game but become completely artificial. and unfortunately this situation repeats itself in the most important moment of the season, in its closure

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I never said it needs to be a sandbox. I also never debated the fact that you do have choices when it comes to being intimate with them, that doesn't mean you aren't strong armed into several of them just so the plot works. He has done a good job overall but you still can't just pretend that some of the interaction are there just to make things work.
Actually, that's actually what I'm saying. DPC has his plot line and must make everything work.
I don't consider it bitching, just discussing flaws the game has.
One person's 'flaws' are another person's feature. It's pretty subjective.
He has talked about how he is making multiple branching paths now going forward so it seems like this already complex game will be even more so. The updates have been taking longer as it is and him adding more branches is only going to extend development time.
Good point. But we'll have to wait and see how this is implemented.
I also didn't say anything about having to do multiple playthroughs to see everything being a bad thing. I didn't say anything about multiple playthroughs period.
Right. That was me adding something that I deemed relevant to what I was writing at the time. I wasn't trying to put words in your mouth or build a strawman against you.
The girls are needed for the story, and I get that but it seems to me much of the core girl's content is tied to the player trying to build some sort of harem.
I look at it more like the players trying to turn this into a harem game. I know that was what I was trying to do through the first few episodes, until I gave up and created a playthrough for each girl that I wanted, when it became obvious that I couldn't keep my harem dream alive, at the end of Episode 3. But, if my memory serves me, DPC always said that this was not a harem game. What we do is our (my) fault.

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
I know but you need to get to the end of episode 8 in order to transfer saves. I was talking about a function that allows us to start episode 9 on a path we want without playing the first 8 episodes.
It's like watching any last movie from any saga whitout watching 2 movies between. you'll miss so much to understand everything.
I played a path with every LI and lots of others with all girls just to try how relationships will grow (or not).

Reactions: Walter Victor

BenMeiffert

Jul 29, 2020
If DPC makes it possible to cheat on your chosen partner in S3, I'm assuming this will be possible. Otherwise, you have to choose others to get the possibility on being with Quinn
Maybe Sage liked too much the threesome with Quinn and let's you fuck her again and again and again... with Riona, Cammy and all the HOTS sisters. It's not cheating if it's family (Jade...)

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
For me, some problem is the motivation for the actions of Chick or Dik.

For example, from the interlude we know that MС was a Chick and in fact Zoey played a leading role in the relationship. But it's unclear why, in the very first scene in the game, MС draws a dick on a photo of Steve, swears with him and gropes Josie on a date. This is not a Chick act.
Did something have to happen in the interval between Zoey's departure and meeting Josie that MС became more impulsive and emotional? Of course, you can think and imagine that the MC after the breakup got angry at Zoey and became more open, but the game does not say that.

The second point is the contradiction between the actions of Dik/Chick and the words and thoughts of MС. This is much more striking.

In some situations, the hero behaves like a Dck, he drinks, fights and fucks, although in fact he is a Chick and vice versa. Somewhere Dik, speaks like a real Chick.

Talking to Sage in her room is a Chick action.
Drunk MС to such an extent that he does not remember how he ended up in bed -this is the action of Dik.
I understand that this is a classic suspension of disbelief. We have to accept this in order for the game to continue as intended.
I reckon the whole Chick/DIK mechanism is way over analysed. It’s just a slight attitude adjustment, but deep down the mc is a nice caring guy no matter what.

He steps up into the alpha role at the DIKs regardless of Chick/DIK affinity. And he can have a lot of sex and drink a lot too regardless.

That’s fine. You don’t have to be a haughty cunt to enjoy an active sex life, and once you’ve already had too much to drink, it’s quite easy to keep drinking more (until your body rejects it :sick:).

Ultimately the Chick/DIK scale controls his attitude (polite or rough around the edges) and it steers him towards/away certain love interests (Jill, M&J, Quinn etc).

To expect a lot more from it that that is probably to expect too much. It’s just a fun college sex romp.

It’s a lot of fun, and has enough twists and turns to keep us thinking, but to take it more seriously than that is to probably forget the games prime objective.

Low brow entertainment. :sneaky:

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
This game remided me The naked mile, and mostly the Beta house . Such a good era of movies, right before SJW, politics and other stuff ruined movies.

The Diks are copy the guys from the movies.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
This game remided me The naked mile, and mostly the Beta house . Such a good era of movies, right before SJW, politics and other stuff ruined movies.

Both of these examples are bad... they are simply retards... The DIKs at least are not retards... or not all of them :KEK:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019

Pink drew inspiration from silly teen movies and TV shows.

The game also reminded me of this stupid TV series

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
This always interested me. Quinn has almost or no friends. Even the VN states the connection she has with Sage, it is still a situation of leader and second in command.

Her fear would be looking weak in front of ANYONE.

MC (in the Quinn path, (no sides or other LIs), is by this time, someone Quinn is into (See the tone of the previous texts).

MC is someone Quinn wants to spend time with, without all the bullshit surrounding her business plan.

For Quinn, this qualifies for significant sweetness. Calling MC "Babe", only in private, appears to be a very special thing she would not call just anyone.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. At this point, on this path, anything she says to MC in private, is very meaningful.

If MC becomes extremely loyal to her, she will always get care and many visits while in County lock-up. :p

QuinnAllnight.JPG

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I reckon the whole Chick/DIK mechanism is way over analysed. It’s just a slight attitude adjustment, but deep down the mc is a nice caring guy no matter what.

He steps up into the alpha role at the DIKs regardless of Chick/DIK affinity. And he can have a lot of sex and drink a lot too regardless.

That’s fine. You don’t have to be a haughty cunt to enjoy an active sex life, and once you’ve already had too much to drink, it’s quite easy to keep drinking more (until your body rejects it :sick:).

Ultimately the Chick/DIK scale controls his attitude (polite or rough around the edges) and it steers him towards/away certain love interests (Jill, M&J, Quinn etc).

To expect a lot more from it that that is probably to expect too much. It’s just a fun college sex romp.

It’s a lot of fun, and has enough twists and turns to keep us thinking, but to take it more seriously than that is to probably forget the games prime objective.

Low brow entertainment. :sneaky:
I agree people read too much into the Affinity system, but DPC has no one to blame for that but himself.

He's the one who made it a prominent feature of the game despite it being a convoluted mess. He's the one who played up the stereotypical link between sex (Quinn's restaurant, partying at the Pink Rose), violence (fighting pretty much everyone), and general assholishness (the bizarre bit about forgiving Steve). And he's the one who (secretly) ties Affinity to all sorts of events that wind up getting in the way of our low brow entertainment.

So yeah, when you present the system as a generic, one-size-fits-all measure of the MC's nature, people tend to treat it that way. Go figure.

As far as the MC being his own character, I want to agree, but that explanation can only go so far. By the time the MC has declined Quinn's number, took Jade's foot of his crotch, let Derek handle partying at the Pink Rose, swyped down on every girl there, and declined to fuck Riona and/or Camila at the HOTs party, isn't it fair to conclude that this MC just isn't interested in casual sex? Likewise if an MC asks Jill out to piss off Tybalt and never makes a move on her over the next 4 episodes, how can we believe that he still has very strong feelings for her?

I know the Maya and Josy issue is very contentious, but at least the game established the MC's interest in them unambiguously right from Episode 1. That caused problems when it came time to turn them down, but I still think that works better than leaving it up to us to choose the interest level only to assert otherwise at convenient times. Molding the nature of the MC is the main mechanic of this game... until it's time for a season finale and suddenly the MC has been DPC's character all along. :mad:

DPC doesn't need to give us unlimited choices, but he needs a better way to acknowledge the choices he does give us when the rubber hits the road.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes