TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
But yeah, even Josy complains to the mc that she thinks Maya is just giving up. She's looking for quick fixes and they don't work.
I agree with you, that Maya doesnt really think long term and just tries to snipe every opportunity that comes her way, but although its never mentioned in the game, except once from the MC after the Chad fight, there are other costs that she would have to consider if she wants 100% freedom from her dad.

I was super lucky, beeing german-american, I studied in both countries and 1 year in Australia. And when I was overseas ( Germany and Australia ) the first thing I always panicked about was Health Insurance. No idea if its still the same but you cant even study in germany or australia without HI, where as in the US its all fair game. Now we're never told but Im just gonna assume that her parents took advantage of family-student plans and both Derek and Maya are insured under their parents plan.

So if Maya wants to totally disconnect from her dad, health insurance would most definitely have to factor into her plans. Its impossible to predict costs, there are a billion providers and even more plans for each provider, but it wouldnt be cheap.

Of course she could always just yolo it for those 4 years, but Maya doesnt seem like the yolo kinda girl :D

Reactions: shazba

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Barring Jade being so angry at the MC that she refuses to help her daughter's friend, a simple conversation between her an Maya will wrap up this story line and allow the game to move on.
Unless DPC plans to get Zoey into the Burke free tuition plan storyline, i'm afraid Maya's troubles will not be over till Burke and Quinn are exposed. It would really make no sense at all the meeting will just be "sure Maya, here's a scholarship!"...
Either her father pops up again or Burke will want something, whatever happens it will scream drama. All this time DPC made us follow her storyline with the threat of her going into prostitution for a scholarship.... So yeah, Jade not coming to the rescue..

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Shit, now I noticed the black ring that he wears on his ring finger. A black ring worn on any finger other than the middle one symoblizes that the wear is a swinger and is open to being approached for such things. Which would explain why would Burke smirk when he watches the video.

If he wore it on the middle finger it would have been weird, because that means that the wear is asexual and isn't interested like at all being approached for sex.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DarkKiller

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
20 minutes into the prelude.

Seriously, PinkCake? Might aswell call Zoey... Chloe Price and call it a day.

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Shit, now I noticed the black ring that he wears on his ring finger. A black ring worn on any finger other than the middle one symoblizes that the wear is a swinger and is open to being approached for such things. Which would explain why would Burke smirk when he watches the video.

If he wore it on the middle finger it would have been weird, because that means that the wear is asexual and isn't interested like at all being approached for sex.
Is that a US thing? I've never head of it before.

Reactions: Ilhares

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Is that a US thing? I've never head of it before.
Probably, but my college roommate bought himself a black ring and used to wear it on his thumb like all the time until an exchange student girl pointed out the meaning of the black ring to him and he stopped wearing it since.

Admittedly, I didn't know the meaning of it as well until that girl told us the meaning of it.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Being a drug dealer and a pimp is not a very good quality.
Everyone deals with their shit however they can... she found this was the best way... whether or not it's a good way I don't think there can be an argument about it but your question was is she redeemable... decide it for yourself ! By the way... how many here did stupid fucking shits early on in their life ??? Are any of those ( including me ) redeemable ? :unsure:

Reactions: vogelbeest
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes