fool1200

Jun 17, 2020
I'm thinking he was smiling because he didn't form a prenup with Jade and this may have been his way out of the marriage without losing half his assets.

We know he didn't sign a prenup with Jade as she brings that up when the mc was fucking her while she was arguing with Burke through the door.

Jade: "No! If you get the screwdriver, you can bring the divorce papers with it!"​
Burke: "Will you stop threatening me with that! We're not getting divorced!"​
Jade: "Only because you were stupid to not get a prenup, you jackass!"​

That exchange tells us that Burke brought the money into the marriage. So not getting a prenup contract means if they divorce she'll get half.

Now while it's no longer relevant in some US states, there are other states where you can file for a "Fault Divorce" which can lead to a reduction in the distribution of the marital property to the party that was at fault (depending on the state).

Now sure, we and Jade know Burke's also been unfaithful, he even admitted it to her, but she has no proof. But he does have proof.

So the next time she threatens for divorce, he'll be like:

Burke: "Sure bitch, let's get the papers now."​
Jade: "I'll take half you know, you wouldn't dare!"​
Burke: "This video of you screwing Fuckface says otherwise!"​
Jade: ":eek:!"​

So he's basically got her over a barrel. :cry:
The "no prenup" situation may be another one that DPC didn't do research. My impression is that Burke is born rich rather than self-made rich. This is consistent with his full-time position as a professor/administrator at a university - they don't pay that well. Also, in one scene Jade says she had to earn her professorship and Burke just gets an honorary title automatically, further suggesting he got it because he was rich before joining the university.

In real life, premarital assets (i.e., things you own before marriage) generally don't get split in a divorce (for the relevant states like NY, NJ, etc.). In particular, if you just earn a salary and have a wife that is also earning a salary, you don't lose that much. It's still a pain but it's not losing half of "your" assets. Of course, their condo is the big-ticket item and that's likely something they bought together after getting married.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
The "no prenup" situation may be another one that DPC didn't do research. My impression is that Burke is born rich rather than self-made rich. This is consistent with his full-time position as a professor/administrator at a university - they don't pay that well. Also, in one scene Jade says she had to earn her professorship and Burke just gets an honorary title automatically, further suggesting he got it because he was rich before joining the university.

In real life, premarital assets (i.e., things you own before marriage) generally don't get split in a divorce (for the relevant states like NY, NJ, etc.). In particular, if you just earn a salary and have a wife that is also earning a salary, you don't lose that much. It's still a pain but it's not losing half of "your" assets.
Sadly I am something of an expert in this area.
No fault states for 2 divorces.
Prenups in place.
In fact spouse got half of what I brought in both times, and I got half of what they brought in.
My half was significantly larger in both cases. One was a lawyer, who was just starting out, one was a med student.
When we divorced in both cases, it was during the aftermath of children (thus they were in their not fully dedicated to their respective fields mode) and while they were both on the upswing following childbirth, I was still in the more asset rich position.

I lost 2 houses and significant portions of my portfolio in both.

I should have fucking assassinated my lawyer but he was my college room mate lol!
Peace

DarkKiller

Sep 3, 2016
Is this shot supposed to signify that someone was watching them from outside the tarp/window? This is a very weird angle that DPC never uses otherwise.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He has done it several times, I don't think it means anything tbh, unless James turns out to be freaking spider-man.
I think it's just DPC fucking with us.

JETracktor

Apr 14, 2021
Is this shot supposed to signify that someone was watching them from outside the tarp/window? This is a very weird angle that DPC never uses otherwise.
Yep, pretty much got the same feeling when saw it first time. Since there is someone was shown sneaking outside MC's room later, I wouldn't be surprised if this shit hit the fan in future episodes.

Reactions: Catlyn and dalli_x

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

In real life, premarital assets (i.e., things you own before marriage) generally don't get split in a divorce (for the relevant states like NY, NJ, etc.). In particular, if you just earn a salary and have a wife that is also earning a salary, you don't lose that much. It's still a pain but it's not losing half of "your" assets. Of course, their condo is the big-ticket item and that's likely something they bought together after getting married.
I think, and my memory is usually the worst, when Jade fesses up to the MC after class and the whole Josy/Maya disaster, she says smth along the lines off : He neglected her and focused on work, made "another deal" that made huge money and then she found out he's fucking Cathy on the side. So to me that reads like, he has a job, now what that is I dont know, real estate, investment banker, stock broker, whatever and he does the honorary professor job as a "hobby" and to work in a target rich enviroment. They seem to be so rich, that everything is probably more hobby than the actual need to make money.

Contrary to you, I believe he struck gold after they were married and wasnt born into a rich family, at least nowhere near as rich as they seem to be now. Also given Sage's age as a 4th year, which should be around 21 and Jade not looking like she's well into her 40's (I'd guess very early 40's ), they might have married very young and earned all the assets they own now together, but obviously thats just a theory from very thin evidence and it also depends just how old Sage was when she was adopted.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Maya believes her father will stop the loan forcing her to drop her studies and needing to find somewhere to live, a job and paying back the debt and getting no education. The blackmail as she told MC just doesn't leave much space to even act with an adult attitude, she believes she is a prisoner, she believes free tuition is the answer.

How much of the blackmail contract is even true doesn't really matter, she fears going against her father's will and more or less secretly tries to get a scholarship. She's in the HOT's but remains in her coed room just because daddy might pay a visit...
Every sunday she eat's with the parents, more or less in the hope daddy will do less surprise visits...
Perhaps she could get a job and maybe it all would work out, but she's not willing to take the risk out of fear...

She's 18-19 years old, had a sheltered youth and upbringing in a religious family. We see her twin brother Derek is let completely loose and unsupervised. Just being a girl already means less free, let alone one with lesbian (sodomy!) tendencies.
Yeah, each child has to grow into an independent adult but that doesn't mean once they reach the age of 18 they are one.
Is not even about getting a job would fix her problems, more so that getting a job will leave her with at least something to fall back to, after the inevitable showdown with her father. I mean, even if she gets the free tuition, her father will find out and that confrontation is coming no matter what. If they fight now she has nothing, its better to prepare, ratter than start doing something when you are on your ass on the streets.

Regardless I hope by the end of the 3rd season we are done with this weak ass plot, its dragging the entire story down, since its tied to every main plot and keeps Maya as the least liked LI since her development is zero, or has regressed since the start of the game.

Felicityskye

Jan 8, 2018

My impression leans towards him being self-made rich. I remember having a thought questioning if Burke made his wealth doing something shady in the first few episodes on season 1. If he has been doing something shady and that something shady is still generating money during the marriage, it would come up during divorce proceedings as you have to disclose everything that would fall under marital property which includes salary and or bonus earnings made during the marriage. Him not wanting to go through with a divorce could be because he doesn't want to expose whatever "that" is.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: fool1200

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
I think, and my memory is usually the worst, when Jade fesses up to the MC after class and the whole Josy/Maya disaster, she says smth along the lines off : He neglected her and focused on work, made "another deal" that made huge money and then she found out he's fucking Cathy on the side. So to me that reads like, he has a job, now what that is I dont know, real estate, investment banker, stock broker, whatever and he does the honorary professor job as a "hobby" and to work in a target rich enviroment. They seem to be so rich, that everything is probably more hobby than the actual need to make money.

Contrary to you, I believe he struck gold after they were married and wasnt born into a rich family, at least nowhere near as rich as they seem to be now. Also given Sage's age as a 4th year, which should be around 21 and Jade not looking like she's well into her 40's (I'd guess very early 40's ), they might have married very young and earned all the assets they own now together, but obviously thats just a theory from very thin evidence and it also depends just how old Sage was when she was adopted.
Do you think Tybalt is talking out of his ass when he says he also comes from nothing? Is he referring maybe to the Burkes getting rich after he was born, more so after he got old enough to notice?

My money is still on Jade can't have children and Tybalt is also adopted, and that is what he means with coming from nothing.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Do you think Tybalt is talking out of his ass when he says he also comes from nothing? Is he referring maybe to the Burkes getting rich after he was born, more so after he got old enough to notice?

My money is still on Jade can't have children and Tybalt is also adopted, and that is what he means with coming from nothing.
Oh hell yea, to me its 100% that they've both been adopted and thats exactly what Tybalt referred to to the MC. In Tybaltland getting adopted by a rich family is something to be proud of and a huge accomplishment.

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021

There's hints when Jade and Stephen argue they both been in long relations before. Tybalt coming from nothing can mean anything, he is either Jade's or Stephen's son or adopted. If he's a real son coming from "nothing" means middle class atleast.
If he was adopted it's possible he is literally coming from nothing. But when he is visiting a poor neighbourhood he's in Bella's street, nothing poor, that's middel class.

Ofcourse Tybalt being adopted is by far the best possible option for the story, there's a great demand for Burgmeisters and it would be very easy to make a backflash in the story and have Rusty's dad impregnating a crack-hoe during his own college years, this way Rusty can be Tybalts halfbrother and Quinn can be his halfsister. Don't say i'm not supporting the Burgmeisters!

JaszMan

Aug 13, 2018
Joking aside, I hope you enjoy the game. I worked my ass off to create this and boy this is expensive.

I need funding to complete this project.

If you can't afford to donate on Patreon, you can still show support by liking or reviewing the game.

Cheers
The Game(Story) looks fantasstic, gives off American Pie and Van Wilder Vibes. Is there any Corruption involved at any point?. Cheers.

PinkmeX

May 14, 2020
The Game(Story) looks fantasstic, gives off American Pie and Van Wilder Vibes. Is there any Corruption involved at any point?. Cheers.
My man, that's a 3 year old comment. Since then DPC has ascended and now hates us with a passion of thousand suns because we're hurting his business. You're not getting an answer.

Anyway, there isn't going to be any corruption almost certainly, it simply isn't DPC's style.

• Angry
Reactions: juniorforlife17313

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
It really seems to me that it is necessary to remove tag "сheating" or expand it. The main problem with NTR is that it has two values.
1) Netorare - cheating on the main character of his girlfriend
2) Netori is when one of the girls of the game cheats on her lover with the main character.
Roughly speaking, an affair with Sage, an affair with Jade is Netori.
And when Ashley fucks with Derek, it's netorare(if only you liked her, lol).
Therefore, it is necessary to introduce these two terms in order to avoid confusion.

Reactions: LizaS
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes