ashencone

Sep 21, 2021
The guide has been updated to Interlude – Riding the Waves

My walkthrough focuses on the player’s choices and features many links and references to better understand their longterm consequences in the story.

I wrote this guide first because Being a DIK is fun and because the official is sometimes confusing while omitting some useful data. Whether you want to maximize your success with the love interests, or you are playing the game for the first time, you will find the answers to your questions. Thanks for adding a Like if you value it. Enjoy the game and good reading to you!

Read it and download it from and Google Drive

Choices & Outcomes | Rewards & Pack Quests | Art & Wallpapers | Vault codes | Renovation of ΔIK house | Timeline​
Finally, someone who knows how to write a modern guide. Thank you so much!
What are you using to make the PDF, if you don't mind? You are definitely not manually putting all that decoration for every page.
For my 1st year assignment, I made an website which parsed markdown into html, and then styled the html, then exported as PDF.

Reactions: Topper69

Ir0n Ma1den

Jun 15, 2021
I actually like the mini games, some are good while others are repetetive. I do agree that there should be a healthy balance between free roam and story. In the end of Episode 2 it was kinda of broken, where there was too much open world lass story.

I love the intrections in the phone, Swyper and rooster are great additions.

Off topic- so I can't date Jill if I'm a dik, strange choise sad

Reactions: jak1165

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
I think dr pinkcake is loosing what he do best with these games, i mean i liked this and acting lesson because of story, but he is focusing on minigames and stuff like that too much, it was same with few previous patches, those minigames just doesnt work. Those minigames, 2d art and other stuff just feels too forced to game like this, story and scenes are reason why people like pinkcakes games.
Well cant really agree here... As i would say, many people playing being a dik like the minigames. You can see that if you go through this thread or on steam and other platforms... yeah there are complains about the minigames, but well.. you can skip them entirely. And like there are complains... at least there are as many who like the minigames a lot.

And you think the mingames became a bigger part over the patches and the story kinda suffer from this... nope, cant agree here. In fact the patches are just getting bigger and bigger overall, so yeah, more mingames, but more story, renders, and ongoing things too.

What i do admit... i dont like to play the same minigame over and over again just to get some ingame money to spend into special renders and such. I do like the mingames, but after the 10th time playing brawler, shuffle or such its getting annoying at some point... but i do it anyway for the ingame goods. Wish there would be an option to skip minigames after a while in the game if i succeeded them more than 5 times for example. And the mansion minigame was really nice, but if you make mulitple playthroughs, yeah its getting annoying aswell... but as i said, you can choose to skip them at the start... for me i just wish there would be the option tu turn them off later too...

But no, i dont think that other content falls behind cause of the minigames, really not. somebody did an amazing tableau with the render and animations count for each episode (cant find it in the thread anymore, cuase... this thread is exploding so much)... well nearly every episode is 25% bigger in animation and render count than the one before... and... yeah... minigames doesnt have this kind of animations and dont need many renders. So you do think the other content is getting less attention and the minigames "cut off" something, but in fact its not the way... i think you "feel" that way, like windy weather makes you feel colder than the actual degrees are, but youre feelings arent right in that department.

and for the development... like in the update today posted by DPC, i think he is doing the coding for the minigame in the development phases where he cant do much else, like when all his equipment is rendering animations and such. these animations take a while, especially made that good like DPC does... but in the meantime he can focus on other things like writing and coding minigames for example, and he is exactly doing this right now, and i dont think that the other work will suffer from that...

i complained sometimes that i do think the overall development time is increasing with less content coming out, but i was corrected in that department a while ago (as i mentioned there is a post from somebody who put the render and animations count in relations to the time when the epsiodes were released... in fact DPC has done the same animations and renders in the same amount of time, sometimes even faster)

That said... i think the mingames do add some butter on the toast, but doesnt take the place of the marmelade cause the marmelade is on top :)

Nov 17, 2018
I'm writing this in case I'm not the only one who had the game crash while looking through the gallery.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/season2/gallery/ep8_sage.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/season2/gallery/ep8_sage.png'.

Here's what you have to do:
1. Dowload this tool - https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-ba...compiler-console-developer-menu-enabler.3083/
2. P
ut 'UnRen-0.91.bat' into the \game folder
3. Run it and choose option "1) Extract RPA packages (in game folder)"
5. Navigate to BeingADIK-0.8.2-pc\game\images\season2\gallery
6. Create 2 copies of any particular picture from that folder and then respectively rename them to "ep8_sage" and "ep8_sage_hover"

That should fix it.

Last edited:

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
haha ich love Steve Buscemi, one of the best actors on the planet...

Boy... DPC should change Burkes face into the one of buscemi :D Would be the perfect fit ^^
Buscemi is a treasure! Why do him dirty like that!

Speaking of Burke. How divergent the story going to become based on him seeing the tape of Jade&Fuckface.
Looks like a real content smile to me, like he got his hand on something he wanted. And that could mean so many things compared to sadness or anger. What are the prevailing theories?

A way to mess with the DiKs for whatever reason? (could be blaming the DiKs for Cathy situtation OR be the culprit and make it worse) (low?)
As a handle on Fuckface that will be needed for an upcoming s3/s4 plot point we dont know about yet?
Into swaping and wants whoever Fuckface is into? Will only cause heartache/drama/breakup naturally due to no NTR.
In a sinister timeline its a handle on Jade and their marriage to get whatever he wants?
In a lighter way to show Jade and her being hypocritical for cheating now and they each turn a blind eye to one anothers activities?

The last one is a potential red herring approach. And any red herring idea is what I favor ever so slightly myself I think, the tape have so much potential to blow shit way up way too early in the story atm plus so many paths it wont even have been seen so to me it feels like a red herring. Or its a s4/end plotpoint cemented early that will cause speculation. I really dont think it will have much to do with tuition, none of the people on the tape will have actual power over Maya. Only way in i can see is having Jade fail Maya in gender studies but thats a weak approach imo.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Bianca's fans are just as perverted as Jill's fans. Just look at her smile, which looks like the smile of a drug addict who has just taken a horse dose of methamphetamine. My MС needs to be careful with her because it is obvious that she is more contagious than Arieth.

View attachment 1746400
There's nothing even remotely wrong with that face.

With the amount of fucked up face renders in this story, you chose one with no issues at all.

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but is not Maya overreacting?
I mean, the only thing she has to avoid is to meeting with Josy in the open or stay in the same dorm. They could fool around in MC's room, or pretty much anywhere else in the campus. It's not like Patrick has appointed private investigators to track her (did he?)
The MC overreacts to literally everything.

Tommy overreacts to the HOTs not coming to the party.

Chad overreacts to being gay.

Maya overreacts to being a lesbian.

Tybalts overreacts to the MCs penis.

Jill overreacts to Bella fucking the MC.

Neil overreacts to Lynette being dead.

Overreacting is the name of the game.

Hahn1900

Jan 3, 2021
Speaking of Burke. How divergent the story going to become based on him seeing the tape of Jade&Fuckface.
Looks like a real content smile to me, like he got his hand on something he wanted. And that could mean so many things compared to sadness or anger. What are the prevailing theories?
Dont know where this is going... as i saw it the first time, i thaught "wow that will be a neckbreaker for the MC in the future"

And on the second thought... "it doesnt matter that much"

First of all, if youre in a Josy&Maya relationship, this video doesnt exist. Cause you cant be with Jade if youre on the path of Josy and Maya. and of course this vdieo only cna exist if youre with Jade...

I cant really think of "major" drama in the game if its not about something that will always occur, no matter what choices we made... This would be a huge amount of work for DPC to make this branches aswell. Nope dont think so. It will not have that big of an impact on the story.

There are some things going on the game which you only can see if youre on some particular path and its kinda looks like they do matter a lot, like for example to use quinns restaurant, or punch tybalt, or... yeah, well, fuck around the campus, nothing of this really made any impact. the major things dont change. Its not clear all the time which parts of the story are really "major" parts. but to me its clear, they will not change, no matter what you do, til some crucial time where you have to made a huge major "choice". But so far, there wasnt any choice this big. Not even the realtionship choice after episode 8. For the story progression, it doenst matter wich girl you choose.

So i think, this video doesnt matter at all, or better said, not much... maybe Burke will have a little fun with it, and maybe he will tell Jade that he has it... but who cares? Their marriage is only on paper. And what will have Burke out of it if he makes this public? Jade will be fired, and than? What does it for him or the overall story? Nothing really.

And the MC? He is just one random student to him... Burke doesnt really know him or cares about him... and the DIKs doesnt matter to him too. The only thing he cares about is some young college girl pussy. And he lures them in for free tuition in excahnge for sex, Mona doesnt want too... and she is gone. But thats nothing he can do with the MC... and if he would try to blackmail him in a way, this would backfire in an instant. I dont think Burke is the brightest candle on the cake... but not that dumb.

Overall, i think this video will add some "spice" in the Jade relationship (and it is only existend if youre with her) thats all. nothing major.

fasdfaq123

Sep 6, 2020
The MC overreacts to literally everything.

Tommy overreacts to the HOTs not coming to the party.

Chad overreacts to being gay.

Maya overreacts to being a lesbian.

Tybalts overreacts to the MCs penis.

Jill overreacts to Bella fucking the MC.

Neil overreacts to Lynette being dead.

Overreacting is the name of the game.
[/CITA]

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes