AngelsAfterDark

Jun 11, 2021
I never said either of them handled the situation well. She left, he stayed. She ghosted him and he did nothing about it. As far as I'm concerned they had their thing and it's done. Bringing her back is going to be a mess and do nothing but add to the drama. I personally think the game will take a hit for it on a whole.

Whether or not she slept around was only one thing I took from it. I was also just adding my own two cents to the conversation. I'm not sure if you are for her or against her but to me she is irrelevant. But whether I like it or not she is likely here to stay.
I agree, they both made little effort to stay in each other's lives, it took a failed career to make Zoey realize she wants Tremolo back in her life and well it took him nothing to realize he wants her back in his life because he was too busy with other girls to even think about Zoey. The point that I was trying to make was more directed to the person who complained about Zoey not caring, I think it's stupid to even find that problematic when the MC himself barely gave a fuck, took him only 6 months as someone else mentioned to fall for another girl.

I don't think Zoey being added to the game is a good or bad thing because right now we are all just speculating what she'll bring to the table. Am I for Zoey? ill have to wait and see when we get more of her in the updates to come but as of rn I have nothing against her.

Reactions: Walter Victor

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
Are you just pretending at this point? The bio is written from the perspective of MC's feelings in the present, not what he was feeling in the past, when she was leaving, what is so hard to understand? He realized how he feels when she was leaving, so now he sees her as more than just FWB, so he writes in her bio that she means more to him NOW. :FacePalm:
I can see that reading comprehension is not your strong point. It does not say now but before she left but I know that you can't comprehend this so therefore I am going to leave you and your little buddy in your delusional fantasy world because it has now become a waste of my time to argue with you.:rolleyes:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Are you just pretending at this point? The bio is written from the perspective of MC's feelings in the present, not what he was feeling in the past, when she was leaving, what is so hard to understand? He realized how he feels when she was leaving, so now he sees her as more than just FWB, so he writes in her bio that she means more to him NOW. :FacePalm:
You take over, bro, I'm done. Feels like trying to teach an anvil how to fly. I cant even understand the confusion, who the fuck would give their girlfriend a reluctant hug when she leaves for good and not kiss her like she's never been kissed before. Multiple times Zoey calls him "my best friend in the world", when she's asked she replies "we were best friends".

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I never said either of them handled the situation well. She left, he stayed. She ghosted him and he did nothing about it. As far as I'm concerned they had their thing and it's done. Bringing her back is going to be a mess and do nothing but add to the drama. I personally think the game will take a hit for it on a whole.

Whether or not she slept around was only one thing I took from it. I was also just adding my own two cents to the conversation. I'm not sure if you are for her or against her but to me she is irrelevant. But whether I like it or not she is likely here to stay.
I think it all depends on HOW Zoey is added into the mix, if she is "forced" onto players, I agree it will effect the game negatively, but if its all in the realm of choice, I believe she can be a great addition.

We always knew Zoey would be a major part of the game and DPC gave players the option to stay single even after the big Episode 8 finale, so I'm hopefull that Zoey together with other girls, like maybe Quinn, Lily and potencial new girls, will be playable paths for those players.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

This week I wrote dialogue, planned more of what I needed to write, and coded almost every day.

I got into a good flow and managed to create a lot of content for the episode.

I wrote entire scenes and the shell of other scenes that I will continue working on.

Looking only at the amount of code written so far (scenes, free roam, branches, etc.) and comparing it to Episode 8, the longest episode in the game, I'm at 54% completion of dialogue if I was aiming to match episode 8 size.

We'll see where we end up in terms of size.

Next week will be a mix of posing animations and writing. I feel I want to continue writing before I work on static renders to be sure of how much I'm putting in the episode.

All PCs are rendering at full speed throughout all of this. 70 animations are completed so far.

You can look forward to a fresh preview next week.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
It looks like we're in the swing of things now: DPC is busting out the oddball one-off metrics rather than just giving us consistent render numbers. :rolleyes:

In the three weeks since we last got any numbers, DPC has completed 30 animations and an unknown number of static renders. That's an average of 10 animations per week, and an overall average of ~9.6 animations/week since the Interlude launched. We also learn he's at 54% of Episode 8's dialog; that means he's averaging ~7.7% of Ep 8's dialog per week overall, but that's of limited use when he doesn't know how much dialog Episode 9 is likely to have. So we'll stick with the charts for the art assets:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Animation progress remains suspiciously consistent, with the downside being that we're still nearly 6.5 months from matching Episode 8's animation numbers. Granted, Episode 9 might wind up being smaller, but then again it might not given all the branching and the Halloween party. Static render progress is relatively faster (assuming the previous pace has held), but I suspect static numbers will decline over time as DPC moves to more and more ambient animations. So animations are likely to be the more significant metric.

Either way I assume DPC will pick up the rendering pace at some point, but for now all we can say is that we're definitely still a ways off.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
-snip-
Personally, he needs Jeannie and Henry to do the voice acting. I'd subscribe for that shit for sure! :giggle:

This was actually the video that made me look the game up. My oldest saves are from feb/march 2020. I wouldnt mind that, then again I like that couple.

So whether Zoey fucked around or not is all you got from what I said? Look that's not the point whether she did or not it doesn't matter, my point was that Zoey is her own person and like Tremolo she continued with her life. it doesn't matter if he called her his gf or whatever thats insignificant, he only mentioned her once and referenced her once and that was it. We didn't see him mope around because he lost her,in fact I'm pretty sure he fell for Josy not long after Zoey left. Not much fucks given from his side.
Have we been playing a different game? He talks about his past so many times, lamenting at what could have been and the heartbreak and what it did to him, its just not drawn out for us to watch, he sucks it up quickly and powers on.

How she was the one thing among the bullying and general shitiness that made him happy. It wasnt until it was over and time had passed he understood what he missed. He always cared a lot, how could he not?!

nyrek

Apr 19, 2021
If dpc could afford to hire VA, would you like to see the game voiced? I would defiently like it to be voiced. I see Jill, maya and josie having soft feminine voices. I see sage having a sexy voice, while bella has a serious strong sexy voice. While zoey has a strong latin accent along side camila.
I would not like this at all
there is a certain "magic" that you get by reading actual novels, which lets you imagine worlds, settings and characters
I remember a friend saying over 20 years ago after seeing the first LOTR movie "they completely destroyed the vision of aragorn I had by putting that young pretty guy in his role" (he used a bit more obnouxious vocabulary to describe this but this is the cleanerst I could put it)
AVNs take away the visual part, or rather provide it, but you still have to imagine how the characters would sound, as you have in this post.
now, I'm not someone who pleasures himself while watching these scenes so I don't really miss the moaning and variants of "harder, Fuckface"
but I'm pretty sure I'd be pissed or disappointed or would just laugh my ass off if I heard some characters speaking.
if your vision for voices was real, I could already imagine myself singing heniffer hlopez songs from south park whenever camila would appear on screen. but, yeah, I'm a whole different type of a nutjob.
so, all in all, no, I'd rather keep the game as it is.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Looking only at the amount of code written so far (scenes, free roam, branches, etc.) and comparing it to Episode 8, the longest episode in the game, I'm at 54% completion of dialogue if I was aiming to match episode 8 size.

So, Pink tends to the size of 8 episodes when planning. I am becoming more and more convinced that August -September is a more realistic release date.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I agree, they both made little effort to stay in each other's lives, it took a failed career to make Zoey realize she wants Tremolo back in her life and well it took him nothing to realize he wants her back in his life because he was too busy with other girls to even think about Zoey. The point that I was trying to make was more directed to the person who complained about Zoey not caring, I think it's stupid to even find that problematic when the MC himself barely gave a fuck, took him only 6 months as someone else mentioned to fall for another girl.

I don't think Zoey being added to the game is a good or bad thing because right now we are all just speculating what she'll bring to the table. Am I for Zoey? ill have to wait and see when we get more of her in the updates to come but as of rn I have nothing against her.
Personally, I don't think the Interlude did a god job of selling Zoey as a potential LI. I understand why she left, but I was surprised that it showed she deliberately tried to discourage the MC from pursuing a relationship with her. Granted, she did that because she thought it would be best for him, but she still did it. More importantly, even after she learns that may not have been the best advice, she still makes no effort to communicate with the MC for six months, and only returns home when her money runs out!

Zoey spent the bulk of the Interlude with Zoey acting as though the MC was a friend she had moved beyond. It's weird we never get a clear indication that has changed. The closest we come is her smiling at the picture she drew of him during her trip home; call me cynical, but I don't think that's enough. You say the MC barely gave a fuck, but the Interlude makes it clear he that he only felt that way after Zoey stopped responding to his messages for weeks at a time. Even then, the final straw came when he thought she started seeing someone else (thanks to some impressively poor reading comprehension).

To me, the point of the Interlude should have been to get Zoey up to speed with the other girls so she'd be ready to join the narrative without slowing it down. Instead it reveals she's even further behind them (in terms of a potential relationship with the MC) than I thought she was, which makes me question why we needed an Interlude in the first place.

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Personally, I don't think the Interlude did a god job of selling Zoey as a potential LI. I understand why she left, but I was surprised that it showed she deliberately tried to discourage the MC from pursuing a relationship with her. Granted, she did that because she thought it would be best for him, but she still did it. More importantly, even after she learns that may not have been the best advice, she still makes no effort to communicate with the MC for six months, and only returns home when her money runs out!

MC went emo and changed his phone number when he saw her tits on rooster. Maybe Pink kept the scene of her trying to contact him for when they have their meetup so they can have a back and forth, for drama purposes, or maybe it was just a missed opportunity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To me, the point of the Interlude should have been to get Zoey up to speed with the other girls so she'd be ready to join the narrative without slowing it down. Instead it reveals she's even further behind them (in terms of a potential relationship with the MC) than I thought she was, which makes me question why we needed an Interlude in the first place.

Again, I feel thats by design, DPC writes his VNs the way tv shows would present the story. If this was a tv show, any misunderstanding would also be left for when they meet face to face. At least thats how I feel about it for now, but I haven't really analyzed the details that much, only played the Interlude one time.

Edit. I agree it will inevitably slow down the story and a lot of players will not be happy with the amount of focus/screen time she has to get, to be properly fleshed out.

JohnTestpilot

Jun 14, 2017
Anything you ask regarding Zoey, the answer will always be because she hot, she back, she fuck with narrative, she make Season 3 fun.

That's it, that's really pretty much it, whatever essay-long justification in your head is lol.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

Zoey spent the bulk of the Interlude with Zoey acting as though the MC was a friend she had moved beyond. It's weird we never get a clear indication that has changed. The closest we come is her smiling at the picture she drew of him during her trip home; call me cynical, but I don't think that's enough. You say the MC barely gave a fuck, but the Interlude makes it clear he that he only felt that way after Zoey stopped responding to his messages for weeks at a time. Even then, the final straw came when he thought she started seeing someone else (thanks to some impressively poor reading comprehension).

Zoey's feelings for Mc are all consigned to the concept of "home blindness", nothing explicit but I'd say quite readable.

I'm pretty sure the focus of their first meeting will be the fact that Mc considered Emma's post to be true and this will create the guilt on which Zoey's drama will sprout

so Mc didn't wait for her because he thought she had moved on, taking as true the infamy that she had stolen the boy from her friend, and instead it wasn't so, in fact Zoey, in the only altruistic gesture of hers, had also decided to let him go and not keep him tied to her

tears and slamming doors

on the role of the interlude: it was a desperate task to make a stranger as interesting as girls we have known for years, a total success was impossible (unless one considered the previous LIs terrible), making her "less foreign" I'd say that can be considered a good step forward.

now Zoey is not just that bad company that taught MC to drink and smoke and wanted her to stop studying to see her surf from the beach

Last edited:
Reactions: noobchan51515

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
MC went emo and changed his phone number when he saw her tits on rooster. Maybe Pink kept the scene of her trying to contact him for when they have their meetup so they can have a back and forth, for drama purposes, or maybe it was just a missed opportunity ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
He still has his old phone. My money says dumbass forgot to charge it, and if he were to get curious he'd find a voicemail or missed messages or something. He did specifically call out keeping it in case he ever needed it.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021
:coffee: Updated BigTable™ with the recent informations.
WelcomeToThe50th!

• DPC rendered an additional 30 animations in 22 days keeping a steady 1.40 animations/days.
    • It's lower than EP7-8 but he now producing longer ones.
  • At 54% writing compared EP8, complete writing would be over for early June at same pace.
  • If we keep the recent 5-6 months, release windows could be August to early September
EP​
Renders​
Animations​
Music*
Size​
Release​
Development Time​
Ratio*
R/D
A/D
sA/D
EP1130151(3:29)≈1.1 GB
07 Feb 2019​
— days
—​
—​
—​
—​
EP21709 (+31%)77(3:36) (+26)≈2.3 GB (+1.2 GB)
04 May 2019​
087 (2 months, 28 days |≈12 weeks)
22.1​
19.6​
EP32289 (+34%)99 (4:42) (+22)≈4.1 GB (+1.8 GB)
16 Aug 2019​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
24.5​
0.94​
EP42532 (+11%)134 (7:57) (+35)≈6.1 GB (+2.0 GB)
10 Jan 2020​
148 (4 months, 26 days |≈21 weeks)
3.22​
EP52456 (-3%)157 (8:35) (+23)17 (3.4K$)≈8.0 GB (+1.9 GB)
29 May 2020​
141 (4 months, 20 days |≈20 weeks)
1.11​
3.65​
EP63336 (+35%)162 (8:33) (+5)24 (4.8K$)≈11.1 GB (+3.1 GB)
13 Nov 2020​
169 (5 months, 16 days |≈24 weeks)
22.8​
19.7​
0.96​
3.04​
EP73723 (+12%)250 (18:14) (+88)18 (3.6K$)≈14.5 GB (+3.4 GB)
23 Apr 2021​
162 (5 months, 11 days |≈23 weeks)
EP84158 (+12%)358 (26:21) (+108)34(6.8K$)≈19.5 GB (+5.0 GB)
19 Nov 2021​
211 (6 months, 28 days |≈30 weeks)
19.7​
EPI79436 (4:36)19 (3.8K$)≈2.6 GB (new .exe)
4 Mar 2022​
105 (3 months, 13 days |≈15 weeks)
EP9≈800≈70
in development
050 (1 month, 19 days |≈7 weeks)
Complete Table with the help of Holy Bacchus† original post — Being a DIK in development since 3 years, 2 month, 16 days (38 months / 167 weeks / 1,171 days / 28,104 hours)
* 199$ Premium Licensed Music ; Total: 22,288$ — Ratio values exclude EPI ; Ratio: (Renders/Days + SecondsAnimations/Days) [Average: 24.0 ; Last Two: 28.5 (+19%)]
Renders/Days [Average: 19.8 ; Last Two: 21.3 (+8%)] — Animations/Days [Average: 1.15 ; Last Two: 1.62 (+41%)] — SecondsAnimations/Days [Average: 4.19 ; Last Two: 7.12 (+69%)]

(y) Thumb up to well made Casiope DIK Walkthrough.
Of interest, most productive years of project (not counting Interlude which is almost an outlier to the story).

Year / Number of Episodes.
----- / -----------------------
2019 / 2
2020 / 3
2021 / 2
2022 / 1*

----------------------------------

* Projected Ep9

Last edited:
Reactions: Zareem

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
Well if you read my comments I already said that I didn't finish it and that I was deleting it. And protect him from what her dumping him? That just sounds so caring of her :rolleyes:.

What happened with Josy isn't the same thing, with Josy he didn't think she would get into that college at all. With Zoey all she had to do was wait until the MC graduated.

And it would be selfish of the MC to ask her to stay and not chase her dream at all but the MC wasn't asking her to stay and not go at all he was just asking her to wait until he graduated which she wouldn't do.

Any relationship a person is in is about compromises, about give and take but Zoey didn't care enough about the MC to wait until the next year to go. I don't know what to tell you but to me she is selfish.
It wasn't just Zoey's egosimus. After her grandmother's death, Zoey herself says to the MC that she doesn't feel anything right now, so she has to do this to feel something again.

Also, Zoey got a bouquet of flowers from the MC with a sticker that said, "You do it." Zoey might have taken that as a prompt, because right after that she starts looking on the laptop for information about surfing.

I can't remember the exact text now, but somewhere it says that Zoey was even waiting or getting everything ready for the MC to come to her in San Diego. By that I don't mean the conversation about Miami.

Zoey's undoing was the bad advice from Bret and Emma. Emma's Rooster Cluck was then the end of Zoey and the MC's relationship. What really stands out is Zoey telling Emma that it's already too late and the MC can say the same thing to Sage in EP6. I always thought before the interlude that it was referring to JM's friendship/love decision in EP4. But it was probably referring to Zoey.

Theory
The Rooster Cluck came from Emma's cell phone. Of course, now we can assume that Emma's contacts were linked to Zoey's contacts, so anyone could read the Cluck from Zoey's contact list. But what if that wasn't the case? Better asked, what if the MC didn't read the Cluck directly, but it was sent by someone else. Zoey told herself that the reason the MC is not so active on Rooster is because he doesn't need confirmation from others. That is why he is the best.

The question that comes to my mind is whether Zoey might want to get revenge on a DIK because that DIK forwarded the message to the MC?
We still haven't learned who Zoey's other friends were. All we know is that they are siblings. There used to be a theory
(NOT FROM ME) that Quinn and Vinny were siblings. What if Quinn and Vinny help their friend Zoey get revenge on a DIK.

Just an exciting thought from me.:D

mpa71

Dec 18, 2017
Of interest, most productive years of project (not counting Interlude which is almost an outlier to the story).
As defend the best years (2019/2020) had planet alignment with a development window starting Jan/Feb.
But we might get a new occurrence in 2023 if we get around 5 months (25 weeks) cycles:

EP9 might release in August 2022
EP10 might release in January 2023
EP11 might release in June 2023
EP12 might release in November/December 2023

Last edited:

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020

This week I wrote dialogue, planned more of what I needed to write, and coded almost every day.

I got into a good flow and managed to create a lot of content for the episode.

I wrote entire scenes and the shell of other scenes that I will continue working on.

Next week will be a mix of posing animations and writing. I feel I want to continue writing before I work on static renders to be sure of how much I'm putting in the episode.

All PCs are rendering at full speed throughout all of this. 70 animations are completed so far.

You can look forward to a fresh preview next week.

Have a nice weekend

Dr PinkCake
Zzzzzzzz

• Haha
Reactions: Zareem and Ilhares

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
He still has his old phone. My money says dumbass forgot to charge it, and if he were to get curious he'd find a voicemail or missed messages or something. He did specifically call out keeping it in case he ever needed it.

He states at the end of the Interlude that he changed the number, at first I was ofc, when he got the new phone. But no, its the same phone number when he changes the phone, that means he must have changed it between when they stopped texting and the game starting.

I think he wanted to make sure she doesn't get contacted by her, after he saw the cluck, but that is mostly assumption on my end, but seems in line with the Chick MC from the Interlude

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes