Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
That some still believe that Zoey is the MC's ex is incredible :ROFLMAO:
two friends who have sex are no longer friends, one of them is okay with it but would still like a different situation
As Mormont said, Zoey & MC weren't really a couple, but the reason people refer to Zoey as his ex-girlfriend is because that's what he says?
Python:
mc "{i}I guess I really didn't see her as a girlfriend until that point when we said our goodbyes to each other.{/i}"
mc "{i}It actually hurt...a lot.{/i}"
mc "{i}But once again, I wasn't completely sure if I was sad for losing my best friend...or for losing something more.{/i}"
Python:
bios_txt_zoey = "Zoey... My first best friend who turned into my girlfriend briefly before leaving for San Diego to become a surfer."
Python:
"Side with Jamie" if True:
    $ ep8_leons_side = False
    mc "Whatever it is, do what you want. I'm not here to bust your balls about it."
    mc "I have an ex-girlfriend too, you know. I'm sure I'd be having a hard time forgetting about her if I had to live near her and go to the same parties, too."

kallam

Mar 6, 2020
Guys my entire chapter 5 and 6 image files are gone. Could someone direct me where to get them back? I tried searching the forum... Im using a mod and switched the Josy/Maya path on. Chapter 5 started and it was all image not found. I looked in the files and saw I only have 1-4... on steam. Thanks in adavance

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
:(
which is the main reason it's not worth talking about what's better or worse written than BADIK :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Welcome to the Big Boy's Club my friend!
Snowflakes and overly sensitive mods delete things where truth, however muffled, exposes anything deemed "negative" about ol' DPC.. Don't worry... that post will live on in my mind.. will my 4 deleted posts live on in yours?
I thought not.
Worry not, all is well!
This misery only has to continue till the conclusion of the AVN at the conclusion of episode 10, then it will be policed less strictly!
Peace
That's like my most on topic post ever to be deleted for being off topic (other than when they were deleting posts talking about "The Interlude" before they understood that was the name of the upcoming episode... :rolleyes:)

And Arigon, you must not think that I won't remember your posts, deleted or not!

I still remember the many times you've misconstrued DPC's reference to his own writing, and incorrectly suggested he is saying he can't write for shit, when we all know he's just saying he isn't particularly good at writing descriptive narrative, instead he uses pictures to paint thousands of words, and he refers to his approach as "playing to his strengths". :p

Anyway, because I'm feeling rebellious, I'm going to repost my recently deleted post (since it's still quoted by a few others). So mods, if you're reading this, this is like 100% on topic!

---

For the vocal minority who often complain that the writing to BaDIK isn't that good, are you talking about the story, or the dialogue?

If you're talking about the story, then yeah, the story isn't marvellous. It's just a slice of life of a big dicked protagonist. There are a few minor holes that DPC has dug himself into (mostly the Maya loan but even that can be resolved with a simple explanation), and ultimately the "story" is just a setting for the antics to reside in.

Or do you mean the actual words that he writes, i.e. the dialogue which propels the story along.

Because when it comes to the dialogue in this game, I love it. Every character is clearly unique and mostly consistent with themselves, and the comedy and delivery, while unique to different characters, is right up my alley.

The scenes are well placed together, with music, situation and character performances, such that so many scenes nail exactly what DPC was trying to portray, and replaying them is almost as highly entertaining as experiencing them for the first time (and in some cases a second play though is even more fun when you discover nuance that you missed the first time around - lurking this thread can always assist in that ).

The dialogue, direction, music, graphics, all of it, is spot on in my book, making the game a highly enjoyable, repeatable experience. No other game here has come close for me, most of them I need to take a break from, others just completely lose my interest, and in cases of closing in on the ending of some, I just speed through to complete it.

Many other games that have been referred to by others (but I won't name them because that would be a bad thing, even though every signature on this forum is naming games all over the place :rolleyes:), even if completed, end with me not giving a fuck about any of the characters and just wanted to end it - the game, not my life...

There are even games that have great stories, but on replay they are tedious. While the stories are interesting as they unfold, there's very little in them that makes it interesting on a second play through.

So to me, while some other games may have better overarching stories than BaDIK, often their dialogue and characters are somewhat uninspired. Whereas BaDIK's overall story may not be anything special, but the characters come right off the screen and onto our laps :sneaky:.

I'm not denying that the drama in Being a DIK is right up there with daytime soap operas; it's contrived and typically easily solvable, however it's the characters that make the ride so much fun, and we get caught up in the silly drama because we care about the characters.

Even the simple banter between Sage and the mc over Rooster is fun. And when they decide to start dating and Sage confesses she's struggling to message to him, and the "favourites" heart next to his name is putting her off. Of course the mc milks it, because that's exactly how he would react to Sage's dilemma.

And it's DPC's writing (the thing he supposedly isn't good at...) that make this experience so great.

hello friends, anyone had issues with pancakes minigame, my best score is 400 points and i almost hit the green zone, and i never unlock the episode 5 cooking reward. how can this be achieved, you have to do 100 perfect hit pankcake in the exact center ???
that game never succeeded for me.... is my kryptonite....:(
It's actually quite simple. I always use Isabella's medium heat option. After all, she teaches the MC how to make pancakes.

Then when it comes to the mini-game, you should always be in the green. Timing is everything, but watch out, the speed changes.

Personally, I usually click in the upper yellow area because I then end up in the green area due to the delay.:D(y)
Yeah, you have to take into consideration the delay between seeing the placement and clicking, so I usually click right before the green as a result.
The trick to it, is press the TAB key so the game runs through it quickly, there won't be that prolonged delay that catches you off guard each time.

The other key to success, press the mouse down before on the FLIP button as soon as it appears and hold it down, release it when the arrow is sliding into the green (or even the instant before). Do that rather than pressing and releasing it all in one go, you'll be faster on the release that way (the game is looking for mouse up, not mouse down).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Guys my entire chapter 5 and 6 image files are gone. Could someone direct me where to get them back? I tried searching the forum... Im using a mod and switched the Josy/Maya path on. Chapter 5 started and it was all image not found. I looked in the files and saw I only have 1-4... on steam. Thanks in adavance
Did you purchase the game from Steam? Season 1 (episodes 1 - 4) only or season 1 & 2 (episodes 1 - 8)?

My understanding is the Steam version and Patreon version (downloadable from here) are not entirely compatible.

So if you did get the Steam version for both seasons, just right click the file in your Steam library, choose Properties and then choose "Local Files" and finally "Verify integrity of game files...". It should only take a few minutes but will download anything that's missing.

If you only purchased Season 1 then you won't have episodes 5 - 8.

You can download the Patreon version here (from the opening page, click the Spoiler under the "Season 1 - 2" heading and choose your download option. It's a ~20 GB download though), but it probably won't be compatible with your Steam version and you'll likely have to start the game from the beginning again.

If you've already downloaded the entire game from here and somehow lost the episode 5 & 6 image files (they are called: ep5_images.rpa and ep6_images.rpa and add up to about ~3 GB), you may need to download the entire game again unless someone can point you to a download for these random files.

The fact that these two files are missing tells me there's probably other yet unknown issues with your game.

Did you do some weird shit that resulted in these files disappearing?

Last edited:

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
I sure hope it's sarcasm from your side.

Got this scene on my first playthrough when i pursued Jill and Bella. Still wishing for a kind of threesome.
But as soon as this scene popped i started over and kept it by 1 LI.

In that scene MC really is an asshole.
She took care of you, helped you while you opened her up and let her step forward believing you really cared for her.
Then with a fucking phonecall you end this? I know it's hypocrite since you are the one pursueing more then 1 LI but damn MC could have the decency to talk to her face to face. She even tells you she understands and wishes you the best while she litarely broke down during that call.

Remember the end of Episode 7? She took her ring of which ment she was ready and you broke through her wall which made this scene has way more impact.
At least he called Bella, he dumped Jade over text messages.

kallam

Mar 6, 2020
That's like my most on topic post ever to be deleted for being off topic (other than when they were deleting posts talking about "The Interlude" before they understood that was the name of the upcoming episode... :rolleyes:)

And Arigon, you must not think that I won't remember your posts, deleted or not!

I still remember the many times you've misconstrued DPC's reference to his own writing, and incorrectly suggested he is saying he can't write for shit, when we all know he's just saying he isn't particularly good at writing descriptive narrative, instead he uses pictures to paint thousands of words, and he refers to his approach as "playing to his strengths". :p

Anyway, because I'm feeling rebellious, I'm going to repost my recently deleted post (since it's still quoted by a few others). So mods, if you're reading this, this is like 100% on topic!

---

For the vocal minority who often complain that the writing to BaDIK isn't that good, are you talking about the story, or the dialogue?

If you're talking about the story, then yeah, the story isn't marvellous. It's just a slice of life of a big dicked protagonist. There are a few minor holes that DPC has dug himself into (mostly the Maya loan but even that can be resolved with a simple explanation), and ultimately the "story" is just a setting for the antics to reside in.

Or do you mean the actual words that he writes, i.e. the dialogue which propels the story along.

Because when it comes to the dialogue in this game, I love it. Every character is clearly unique and mostly consistent with themselves, and the comedy and delivery, while unique to different characters, is right up my alley.

The scenes are well placed together, with music, situation and character performances, such that so many scenes nail exactly what DPC was trying to portray, and replaying them is almost as highly entertaining as experiencing them for the first time (and in some cases a second play though is even more fun when you discover nuance that you missed the first time around - lurking this thread can always assist in that ).

The dialogue, direction, music, graphics, all of it, is spot on in my book, making the game a highly enjoyable, repeatable experience. No other game here has come close for me, most of them I need to take a break from, others just completely lose my interest, and in cases of closing in on the ending of some, I just speed through to complete it.

Many other games that have been referred to by others (but I won't name them because that would be a bad thing, even though every signature on this forum is naming games all over the place :rolleyes:), even if completed, end with me not giving a fuck about any of the characters and just wanted to end it - the game, not my life...

There are even games that have great stories, but on replay they are tedious. While the stories are interesting as they unfold, there's very little in them that makes it interesting on a second play through.

So to me, while some other games may have better overarching stories than BaDIK, often their dialogue and characters are somewhat uninspired. Whereas BaDIK's overall story may not be anything special, but the characters come right off the screen and onto our laps :sneaky:.

I'm not denying that the drama in Being a DIK is right up there with daytime soap operas; it's contrived and typically easily solvable, however it's the characters that make the ride so much fun, and we get caught up in the silly drama because we care about the characters.

Even the simple banter between Sage and the mc over Rooster is fun. And when they decide to start dating and Sage confesses she's struggling to message to him, and the "favourites" heart next to his name is putting her off. Of course the mc milks it, because that's exactly how he would react to Sage's dilemma.

And it's DPC's writing (the thing he supposedly isn't good at...) that make this experience so great.

The trick to it, is press the TAB key so the game runs through it quickly, there won't be that prolonged delay that catches you off guard each time.

The other key to success, press the mouse down before on the FLIP button as soon as it appears and hold it down, release it when the arrow is sliding into the green (or even the instant before). Do that rather than pressing and releasing it all in one go, you'll be faster on the release that way (the game is looking for mouse up, not mouse down).

Did you purchase the game from Steam? Season 1 (episodes 1 - 4) only or season 1 & 2 (episodes 1 - 8)?

My understanding is the Steam version and Patreon version (downloadable from here) are not entirely compatible.

So if you did get the Steam version for both seasons, just right click the file in your Steam library, choose Properties and then choose "Local Files" and finally "Verify integrity of game files...". It should only take a few minutes but will download anything that's missing.

If you only purchased Season 1 then you won't have episodes 5 - 8.

You can download the Patreon version here (from the opening page, click the Spoiler under the "Season 1 - 2" heading and choose your download option. It's a ~20 GB download though), but it probably won't be compatible with your Steam version and you'll likely have to start the game from the beginning again.

If you've already downloaded the entire game from here and somehow lost the episode 5 & 6 image files (they are called: ep5_images.rpa and ep6_images.rpa and add up to about ~3 GB), you may need to download the entire game again unless someone can point you to a download for these random files.

The fact that these two files are missing tells me there's probably other yet unknown issues with your game.

Did you do some weird shit that resulted in these files disappearing?
My dude... I feel completely dumb... Thank you for finding the obvious hahaha.

Reactions: shazba

Zerls

May 18, 2021
I was just wondering Is Quinn path (Or atleast her scenes so far) is she Pro DIK or can you pursue her as Chick? Also same question for Sage. Those only two I havent done

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I was just wondering Is Quinn path (Or atleast her scenes so far) is she Pro DIK or can you pursue her as Chick? Also same question for Sage. Those only two I havent done
Definitely pro-DIK. You can get a few bases in early game, but come episode 6, if you're not a DIK, you're on the outer with Quinn.

Yeah, Yeah Yeah. Meanwhile : :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 1775413
View attachment 1775416
View attachment 1775417

so at least he informed Bella and Jade. You not even in the Bronze place when its come to who to was MC bigger asshole toward to :ROFLMAO:
Friends don't let friends go on dates with Tybalt. Enough said.
Still, if you do go to see her to tell her how you feel, and she doesn't think you're the one for her... Fuck that! She can have Tybalt!

It is interesting though, how he randomly lets the various girls know:
  • He tell Sage face to face (possibly the biggest risk as she's known to get violent when getting dumped :eek:)
  • He phones Bella, at least he actually talks to her, but not quite the face-to-face it probably deserved (her breaking up with him in the car shows she's the better person when it comes to that), but not a total asshole move.
  • He dumps Jade via text, definitely the cowards way out.
  • He keeps hanging out with M&J without even telling them, now we're talking total wuss.
  • He just ghosts Jill altogether (well she ghosted him first, so...).
I am curious to see how all these dumpings pan out, because yes, they have all been dumped:

Last edited:

godkingxerxes

Sep 27, 2020
  • Wow
Reactions: shazba

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Still, if you do go to see her to tell her how you feel, and she doesn't think you're the one for her... Fuck that! She can have Tybalt!

• He tell Sage face to face (possibly the biggest risk as she's known to get violent when getting dumped :eek:)
  • He phones Bella, at least he actually talks to her, but not quite the face-to-face it probably deserved (her breaking up with him in the car shows she's the better person when it comes to that), but not a total asshole move.
  • He keeps hanging out with M&J without even telling them, now we're talking total wuss.
I am curious to see how all these dumpings pan out, because yes, they have all been dumped:
the usual rough justice to MC :D(the NTR master:devilish: )...

with Jade even the message is an excessive courtesy, theirs is not even a relationship, Jade reacts badly because she loses her toy not because MC is interested in another person, she has always known that

and with Maya and Josy once again the problem of the loan takes precedence, not telling them is for their own good, not out of fear. and then of all those left behind, at least the 2 of them won't be left alone anyway

p.s. when you were broken up did it really make a difference if it was done in person or over the phone? if it's an important relationship it's drama all the same and sometimes not being in front of each other can also be a good thing

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
the usual rough justice to MC :D(the NTR master:devilish: )...

with Jade even the message is an excessive courtesy, theirs is not even a relationship, Jade reacts badly because she loses her toy not because MC is interested in another person, she has always known that

and with Maya and Josy once again the problem of the loan takes precedence, not telling them is for their own good, not out of fear. and then of all those left behind, at least the 2 of them won't be left alone anyway

p.s. when you were broken up did it really make a difference if it was done in person or over the phone? if it's an important relationship it's drama all the same and sometimes not being in front of each other can also be a good thing
Breaking up face-to-face is the right thing to do. As they say the eyes are the window to the soul.

Breaking up via phone call or worse - text is the coward's way out. Call me old fashioned, but I find it incredibly disrespectful, especially if the relationship was important or lasted quite some time.

For example, when I'm going to break up with you Felice, I will definitely do it face-to-face, because you have a special place in my heart. :cry: :Kappa:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Breaking up face-to-face is the right thing to do. As they say the eyes are the window to the soul.

Breaking up via phone call or worse - text is the coward's way out. Call me old fashioned, but I find it incredibly disrespectful, especially if the relationship was important or lasted quite some time.

For example, when I'm going to break up with you Felice, I will definitely do it face-to-face, because you have a special place in my heart. :cry: :Kappa:
but if you see me in person then you won't be able to leave me, silly boy....:WeSmart:

the time for in-person confrontation always comes, but I'm not so convinced that it's always the best solution for the announcement.

the most important thing is timing: close when it is over and don't wait for the right moment

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
but if you see me in person then you won't be able to leave me, silly boy....:WeSmart:

the time for in-person confrontation always comes, but I'm not so convinced that it's always the best solution for the announcement.

the most important thing is timing: close when it is over and don't wait for the right moment
If you look anything like that stupid bitch Jeane, I'd leave you right away. :Kappa:

I agree about the timing, but in-person confrontation is common courtesy. Anyway, it's better soon than never.

Topper69

May 16, 2020
I really hope he dumps JAM right after they get told Burke can't help them.

Not a scene I'll ever see unless I start chasing achievements at some point.
My actual bet is Maya will get the tuition from Stephen forced to do so by Jade. I think it's one of the major story arcs for the general story and it will happen despite the former history.
One will get different dialogs and renders depending on your former decisions but it will happen.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
There hasnt been any dumping yet in BaDIK, except Chad dumping Sage.

Meeting --> Hanging out --> Dating --> Exclusive Dating --> Relationship. Only the last 2 usually require a talk that one person wants to end it and the S8 decision was going from dating to exclusive dating. Telling those girls he wants to stop dating because he made a different choice is actually pretty polite and unexpected. As far as I know, they all knew he was dating multiple girls, so I'm kinda proud of the MC for having the courtesy to even announce his decision to the rest.

And I dont even know where Jade ranks on that, if I remember correctly she exclusively initiates every single encounter and it's all about sex. Fuckstrangers maybe ? I doubt there is smth like Fuckteachers. :D

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes