ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I liked the build up, the tension, both girls not able to confess to each other that they seriously liked the mc, but then the sex was sterile. So yeah, the build up was fun, but it was actually more fun than the sex.

Fucking for the sake of fucking can actually get boring. If there's no emotion, you may as well be jerking off.

I don't think I've ever fucked a girl and not actually kissed her (a lot) during the sex. To me, sex can be a lot of fun, but I don't find it as intimate as a kiss.

And that's actually exactly the way Quinn comes across. The threesome with her was much less of a big deal than the kiss on the park bench.

The saddest thing of all though, is that when rating threesomes, there isn't a fucking threesome with M&J worth rating!
Eh, I prefer either of the M&J threesomes to Sage & Quinn, but then I'm pretty heavily biased.

Oh boy are we Quinnposting :KappaPride:

I kinda have to agree with the Sage/Quinn threesome being bad writing but not necessarily because it didn't check all the Quinn boxes for me as a fan. Obviously all of Shaz's suggestions about how the scene should have gone are 10/10 and he should be writing the game :KEK: But the scene afterwards where Quinn is smoking and asks the MC how long he's been banging Sage in a roundabout way then puts her head on his shoulder makes up for the lack of emotion in the threesome I feel.

The real problem I have with the threesome scene is that it actually happened at all. Like Shaz says, there was (to me) a surprising lack of chemistry between the three in that moment, which I can only put down to the fact that you can get that scene without being on Quinn's 'path', so the reactivity to whatever relationship dynamic that exists there was lacking. Don't get me wrong, not every sex scene in the game has to incorporate deep themes of every relationship, sex can just be sex, but there was so much wasted potential in the reactivity aspect that the scene becomes negative instead of neutral. I think DPC kind of understood that, which is why you have the Quinn smoking scene almost as a concession for those who are on Quinn's path and expected some more personal interactions. So from my perspective, if the reactivity isn't there, the threesome is kind of pointless - whereas the smoking scene with Quinn is important because, just like at the HoT party, it shows Quinn's natural jealousy towards Sage and the MC.

Which brings me to the real reason why I think the Sage/Quinn threesome was bad writing: the Sage/Quinn connection. There's a lot to say, and a lot has been said, of the dynamic between Quinn and Sage. In my opinion, it's one of the most interesting in the game; in fact I'm struggling right now to think of a relationship between two characters in the game (independent of the MC) that has as much hidden context and potential. Maybe Bella and her husband takes the cake, but a lot of that is still wild speculation (Bella is crazy tho :Kappa:), whereas the Sage/Quinn stuff is mostly overt at this point.

Quinn is jealous of Sage. We can see that when the MC is involved with both of them, at the HoT party and after the threesome and all that, which is perfectly natural. The interesting part is that Quinn is only, uniquely, jealous of Sage - she doesn't show jealousy when the MC is with any other girl in the game, and even offers to set him up for free with any of her girls (though according to the official walkthrough it 'impresses' Quinn if you say you're only interested in her, what impact that has is a mystery). But even more interesting is that Quinn's jealousy isn't purely romantic, and that's where the real potential comes from. Quinn is betraying Sage's friendship and trust in her by using the HoTs as a cover for her dealing drugs and prostituting the girls. She's probably doing this because she has no other choice, or because it's for someone she cares about more than Sage, but regardless of whether the actual reason is a good one, I believe that Quinn's jealousy of Sage has a lot to do with the betrayal. There are a few telling scenes throughout the game where we see Quinn overtly fuck with Sage in an almost provocative manner.

The first and most glaring is the car wash scene with the HoTs, where Quinn basically tells Sage she can run on home to her parents (who are now revealed to be Burke and Jade) for money instead of making the HoTs work. Sage shoots right back at her that bringing up her parents was 'crossing the line', which immediately tells us that Quinn knew the line existed and chose to cross it anyway. That's not something a friend does, even for someone who likes to fuck with people like Quinn. It seems obvious to me the contrast between Quinn's familial situation and Sage's is being highlighted in this scene - Sage has rich parents she can go to for help, Quinn comes from poor parents and doesn't have that option, and by taking a shot at Sage for that Quinn is revealing some jealousy of her and resentment of her own situation especially as it relates to gathering money for a hidden purpose. The other scenes relate to the leadership of the HoTs, Quinn grooming the new HoTs to join the restaurant and using the pretext of needing more money to lie to Sage, blow off the DIKs and sell drugs at the prep mansion. Over the course of the game, up to the current point, Quinn has done nothing but fuck with Sage either openly or secretly, while Sage has done nothing but treat her as a friend and cover for her as her replacement, even if she gets (justifiably) angry at Quinn from time to time.

The fact that Quinn seems to only be uniquely jealous around Sage, combined with the fact that Quinn openly fucks with Sage a lot, and has completely undermined her in her own sorority, leads me to believe it's personal in some way. What is it about Sage that makes Quinn jealous or resentful? Is it her rich parents, how smart she is, how hot she is, how much of a threat she is to Quinn's plans? Did something happen in the past with them or is Quinn expecting something to happen in the future that's causing her to treat Sage differently to every other girl, most likely something to do with Burke?

So with all these questions and theories about what's really going on with Quinn and Sage, the threesome to me felt even more flat and emotionless. It would have made much more sense to me if the requirements for the threesome were flipped, where Quinn would only have sex with MC and Sage if she didn't care and it was just sex, but if you're on her path and she's jealous she'd flat out refuse. Her refusal would be confusing for both Sage and the MC with how out of character that would be, and reinforce how uniquely jealous she is of Sage and how her feelings are growing for the MC at the same time.

It would also have been perfectly fine to keep things as they are and for the threesome to go ahead, but incorporate things like Shaz suggests with the kissing and Quinn's panic at Sage noticing her acting differently around the MC. Things like that would keep up the themes of Sage's and Quinn's relationship nicely too. Instead we really got nothing of that, you could really put the threesome in episode 3 or whatever and it wouldn't make a difference, the progression isn't there.
Very interesting analysis, but for me this wouldn't fix the main problem with the Sage/Quinn threesome, which is entirely on Sage's end. At that point either the MC and Sage have had an argument about not wanting to be a rebound guy OR they've just started hooking up. Either way, this wasn't the time for a random hookup with Quinn. The scene would have worked much better if it had been moved to Season 3 once the MC's relationship with Sage was better established (or maybe back to Episode 7, where it could have served as the catalyst for the inexplicable Rebound Guy speech).

Yes he does reuse assets. However the only reason to have those shoes visible is as a hint towards something. The stalker guy, who some of us suspect is an undercover cop, having his shoes visible right behind what we also suspect is a surveillance van, would suggest something more than reused assets.

Of course I haven’t checked stalker guys shoes so I could be barking up the wrong tree.
I don't know if I agree. If DPC wanted to show someone following Riona *some* part of the stalker needs to be visible, after all. There's little sense acquiring unique assets just to use on a background shot.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
"Hold CTRL, what only two sex scene ? Interlude sucked "
-
type of player probably :ROFLMAO:
Yeeaah... this becomes more and more common :(:rolleyes:
I hope you're no longer upset :whistle:
I wasn't upset at all from the start ( I understand it might have been too much :p ) I'm just shocked ! :eek::eek::eek::LOL:
Who's getting out of the surveillance van?
IF it is one of the DIKs I'd go with Leon... ;)
Once again, someone who only looks at BaDIK's pictures. :whistle:
But not like someone I know... :whistle::KEK:
1735674_giphy.gif
Since we do not know how many assets DPC owns, both your statement and mine are true or not true
Schrödinger's cat ?... ! :eek::KEK::unsure::p
Well, I loaded up your save game and as soon as it loaded it started to throw errors about an undefined variable or somesuch, named o00ooo0o00o000o00. I thought that was pretty fuckin' weird, so I loaded it in a 3rd party save editor to view anything with that kind of a name on it, and here's what came up:

View attachment 1794127

I then proceeded to load some of my known good save files into that same editor and can find nothing of the sort, so either you've got some really F'd up mods in your game past, or something corrupted the data on your drive somewhere.

I'm presently using 8.2 and Win10 and have had none of this occur.
Welp the attached text said SanchoMod so it is self-inflicted collateral damage :rolleyes::HideThePain:
They wouldnt park 3 feet in front of Riona, they stay out of sight
Haven't heard this before ? The best hiding place is in plain sight ! ;)
They use mobile surveilance devices on mobile targets, in a college setting an apartment across the street would be way more likely
An SV is pretty much the same as a command center in small... where audio and visual comes in and gets recorded and assessments being made... ;)
They wouldnt use the same Van every single day, that by itself would draw attention
In real life they use and reuse such assets more often then one would think :ROFLMAO: It draws attention only to those who are very keen... let's be honest here normally noone is because people don't give a fuck about themselves about others about anything ! :KEK:
Vans in particular are used for auditory surveillance, to act as an reciever for listening devices. For smth like video recording Riona, smth that stands out way less than a Van would be used
No as mentioned before it is audio video... but rather than recording Riona :love: they are recording the rings drug distribution... HOTs DIKs ANYONE who's involved in this somehow... sooo most likely the fraternity homes are bugged already which could be achieved more easily if not one but more is involved in this intel gathering ;)
undercover agent
If you have a problem with undercover agent... :unsure: How bout we play the good old switcheroo ? :LOL: We can go with " snitch " ( snitches get stitches :oops::rolleyes::oops::eek::p ) or we can go with CI ( as in confidential informant ;) ) but honestly it would not change much :unsure::HideThePain:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Yeeaah... this becomes more and more common :(:rolleyes:

I wasn't upset at all from the start ( I understand it might have been too much :p ) I'm just shocked ! :eek::eek::eek::LOL:

IF it is one of the DIKs I'd go with Leon... ;)

But not like someone I know... :whistle::KEK:
View attachment 1794263

Schrödinger's cat ?... ! :eek::KEK::unsure::p

Welp the attached text said SanchoMod so it is self-inflicted collateral damage :rolleyes::HideThePain:

Haven't heard this before ? The best hiding place is in plain sight ! ;)

An SV is pretty much the same as a command center in small... where audio and visual comes in and gets recorded and assessments being made... ;)

In real life they use and reuse such assets more often then one would think :ROFLMAO: It draws attention only to those who are very keen... let's be honest here normally noone is because people don't give a fuck about themselves about others about anything ! :KEK:

No as mentioned before it is audio video... but rather than recording Riona :love: they are recording the rings drug distribution... HOTs DIKs ANYONE who's involved in this somehow... sooo most likely the fraternity homes are bugged already which could be achieved more easily if not one but more is involved in this intel gathering ;)

If you have a problem with undercover agent... :unsure: How bout we play the good old switcheroo ? :LOL: We can go with " snitch " ( snitches get stitches :oops::rolleyes::oops::eek::p ) or we can go with CI ( as in confidential informant ;) ) but honestly it would not change much :unsure::HideThePain:
i get that DPc wont and cant go full reality bomb, especially if he is trying to hint at smth or leave us breadcrumbs, but even he has to use a little common sense. Surveilance has 1 job, if they are found out or even spook a criminal, they're done. So they would always go the most invisible, least suspicious route possible. And a Van is just not it, especially since the entire department probably has 1 Van and it sure wouldnt be used to record riona picking up a drug package, you can prob buy a house with all the equipment that is in these things.

And even if its a volunteer informant or a CI or a 'snitch' who does it for the hell of it, you would never ever see em in bright daylight jumping out of a surveilance van. He'd get a phone number, and they would meet at a neutral place. The van sure is odd, but if its purpose has to do with anything even remotely close to official law enforcement buisness, Im gonna be really surprised. I know DPC stretches reality here and there, but if this flys we might aswell fight a dragon on the DIK mansion roof next. :D

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
And a Van is just not it,
Come ooon ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO::KEK: A day or so before you never knew there was this thing out there... why ?!? BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ! :KEK: You live your everyday life and the most common things won't be raising an alarm when somethings wrong coz of nowadays human nature :p
it sure wouldnt be used to record riona picking up a drug package
Nobody said there is only 1 nobody said that it is it's sole purpose... this is still floating in the air ;)

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Come ooon ! :LOL: :ROFLMAO::KEK: A day or so before you never knew there was this thing out there... why ?!? BECAUSE NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ! :KEK: You live your everyday life and the most common things won't be raising an alarm when somethings wrong coz of nowadays human nature :p

Nobody said there is only 1 nobody said that it is it's sole purpose... this is still floating in the air ;)
Yea, but Im not Riona picking up or selling drugs right next to a massive Van that causally just stands there. :D

You werent wrong when you said we often miss whats directly in front of us, hell DPC even played on it with the home blindness in the interlude. And I'm not saying it cant be used to surveil Riona, I'm just saying no law enforcement agency can be behind it, because they handle it very differently. Their biggest trump card is that the person being surveiled does not know about it, so they go to the end of the earth to keep it that way.

You know those people in silly costumes trying to advertise something for a shop, like a giant banana costume for a fruit and vegteable vendor ? I'd buy that guy surveiling someone before I buy that the Van is there on offical law enforcement buisness. :D

• Haha
Reactions: Foind and sixart

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
You know those people in silly costumes trying to advertise something for a shop, like a giant banana costume for a fruit and vegteable vendor ? I'd buy that guy surveiling someone before I buy that the Van is there on offical law enforcement buisness. :D
I'd buy that guy a banana... :KEK:
But a more on point example is here... you know what I would buy for him ?! :sneaky::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: TimHawk

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I'd buy that guy a banana... :KEK:
But a more on point example is here... you know what I would buy for him ?! :sneaky::LOL:
You know what else confuses the hell out of me ? The money in BaDIK ! In the scene where the MC goes shopping for Josy&Maya with Derek, Derek asks if the MC can borrow him 20$ and if he does, your pocket money decreases by 2 of those green $ thingys, so its fair to assume 1 green $ = 10$.

When you choose to give Riona money, the max you can give her is 50$ and she says it doesnt cover it. When the MC takes Quinn to his room to patch her up, she says "You already did help me.".

How insignificantly small must Quinn's drug operation be, for 50$ to make a difference ? The entire money system is either whacked and totally out of proportion or the answer is 'not surveilance and undercover agent big enough'. :D

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Derek asks if the MC can borrow him 20$ and if he does, your pocket money decreases by 2 of those green $ thingys, so its fair to assume 1 green $ = 10$
I don't remember exactly but I'm fairly certain Derek asks for 2 bucks... but anyhow... I don't think the game $ can be measured in real value... it's just representative ;)

Reactions: Ilhares

Foind

Jan 3, 2021
You know what else confuses the hell out of me ? The money in BaDIK ! In the scene where the MC goes shopping for Josy&Maya with Derek, Derek asks if the MC can borrow him 20$ and if he does, your pocket money decreases by 2 of those green $ thingys, so its fair to assume 1 green $ = 10$.

When you choose to give Riona money, the max you can give her is 50$ and she says it doesnt cover it. When the MC takes Quinn to his room to patch her up, she says "You already did help me.".

How insignificantly small must Quinn's drug operation be, for 50$ to make a difference ? The entire money system is either whacked and totally out of proportion or the answer is 'not surveilance and undercover agent big enough'. :D
and Rusty has to sell his car to cover 60 something $ worth windows

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I don't remember exactly but I'm fairly certain Derek asks for 2 bucks... but anyhow... I don't think the game $ can be measured in real value... it's just representative ;)
If that was 2 bucks, then a private dance with Nicole + extras costs 4 bucks... I have my doubt. :D

But yea, you are right, it prob doesnt translate well into RL, its just there to have a currency at all.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: sixart

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
Very interesting analysis, but for me this wouldn't fix the main problem with the Sage/Quinn threesome, which is entirely on Sage's end. At that point either the MC and Sage have had an argument about not wanting to be a rebound guy OR they've just started hooking up. Either way, this wasn't the time for a random hookup with Quinn. The scene would have worked much better if it had been moved to Season 3 once the MC's relationship with Sage was better established (or maybe back to Episode 7, where it could have served as the catalyst for the inexplicable Rebound Guy speech).
I wouldn't look at this scene so deeply. The main reason for this scene is to create a prerequisite for further threesome sex scenes with Sage.( with Heather, Sara and other friends of Sage). This is the first full-fledged threesome scene involving LI. In fact, after the scene, Sage behaves almost like a his girlfriend. She says she liked watching MC fuck another girl (why would she say that?). And at the end of the episode, during a walk with MC Sage bluntly says that they are not dating yet, which means it was just the usual spontaneous drunken sex of three friends.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Does anyone know how DPC does his blinking "animations?" Is it just two or three different images displayed in quick succession (eye open, eye halfway, eye closed)? Also, his fade/dissolve between images seems to be at the perfect interval. Is it just a straight fade or he use a specific time such as ex. 0.7 seconds, etc? Some games have a jarring transitions, but BaDIK's flow quite smoothly. I think I like his method of transitions more than any other I've seen.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
You must be really good at those 'I am a human' login tests. ;)

1651762458917.png

My crack theory about the van is it's the same person/people who did the cathy cluck, trashed DIK mansion, and stole from Quinn in ep6 instead of cops or something :Kappa:

Maybe it's a team effort by the cast of University of Problems to sabotage the Being a DIK storyline...

Yeah, yeah. I know. A select few of you are thinking "DPC is sabotaging it all on his own. He doesn't need help."

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
View attachment 1794511

Maybe it's a team effort by the cast of University of Problems to sabotage the Being a DIK storyline...

Yeah, yeah. I know. A select few of you are thinking "DPC is sabotaging it all on his own. He doesn't need help."
It's true. Pink said that he regularly reads fan theories and is surprised that many guess the right plot twists. It is possible that this blue van, as well as the lights outside the MC bedroom window in episode 6 do not mean anything at all and this is a common joke. Although we have already seen an example when Chad's sneakers in Troy's room led us to the theory of their homosexual relationship.

OFT

Jan 6, 2020
It's true. Pink said that he regularly reads fan theories and is surprised that many guess the right plot twists. It is possible that this blue van, as well as the lights outside the MC bedroom window in episode 6 do not mean anything at all and this is a common joke. Although we have already seen an example when Chad's sneakers in Troy's room led us to the theory of their homosexual relationship.

Sure, the van might mean nothing at all. But there was absolutely someone walking past the MC's bedroom window.

Window walker.gif

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes