Cricco

May 5, 2021
It seems to me that Zoey fans, more than any others, have this bizarre need for everyone to love their waifu as much as they do. Look at Madame by contrast. I am sure she has one, possibly two fans on here. Madame takes more flak than anyone, yet you don't see her two fans crying about how inconceivable it is that more people don't love her the way that they do. They just say...oh well, more for me. I respect the hell out of those people, not just for admitting they are attracted to an old wildebeest, but that are confident enough in it that they don't need to drag others to their cause so they can feel more secure in their choice.

Even Jill fans whose girl gets regular hate, rarely feel compelled to convince every other person to love her. They just crush on her and leave it at that. But Zoey fans can't seem to understand why not everyone likes the exact same things they do. Just :love: whomever you want and care not what other simping is going on.

Just as an ex. I like pre butt-implant Sally and I'm sure that is a minority belief. I wouldn't care at all if no one shares my opinion. I do like to often point out my preference that bodies shouldn't radically change mid-game, but I'm completely fine with everyone else disagreeing with me or even hating on early game spinner Sally.
Dis you?

gigachad.gif

Dis me, a Madame Enjoyer

giga2.gif

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I really don't get the shocked response to Sage being a Burke.

People were speculating about that back in January last year...

...and even earlier the year before.

So it definitely didn't come out of nowhere.

It's clear that DPC was dropping very subtle hints to support it. All of his "plot twists" have had some foreshadowing, but often it's only obvious in hind sight. Those are the best kinds of clues.

As far as the mc not knowing, I'm pretty sure it's not some secret, it's just nobody told him.

In my primary school one of my teachers was my friend's mom. I knew it was his mom because I hung out at his house from time-to-time, but his mom told him not to call her "mom" at school, and I remember laughing my ass off when much later into the year when one of my other friends didn't believe me when I said our teacher was his mom. He just didn't know, because you don't run around discussing who your parents are all the time . There were other kids whose surnames were the same as other teachers, no one automatically assumed they were related.

The only thing you have to accept is that either:
  1. The mc didn't know Sage's surname.
  2. The mc knew Sage's surname but understood that everyone with the same surname in this world isn't necessarily related.
but if you ask me to accompany you to talk (a conversation that can end badly) with them you MUST tell me who they are since I know them and they are my teachers

only at an institution of autistic people what happened at BR can happen

and all this because of a very questionable twist

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe I don't understand what you said. If what you say is true, then Ached will lose his damn mind. ep. 11/12 could be another year or two in real life time. Honestly I don't even know that Zoey will ever be granted relationship status. We are not even sure if Quinn will get it.

I think players will at the very least be given the opportunity to have immediate cheat sex with Zoey (which will flag to True the DPC punishment variable). I just have a hard time believing DPC goes through all the trouble to keep Zoey chaste in Interlude only to have her arrive and wait even longer for MC to officially ditch his LI. I think Zoey will be an instantaneous sex temptation trap from the moment she arrives at B&R. The main reason she is being brought back to the story is to fuck up whatever relationship MC has already established.
or maybe, just maybe, DPC has left some stones unturned from da past and he is getting them turned in our current season.
afterall, before RtW we knew lil about zoey and what happened after she took da train. we know so lil about our granddad, we know verry lil about who Rusty's dad is, whe know so lil about Jill's parents.
hell the past few episodes has been all about flashbacks, showing us how one of Jill's date's started out, we finaly learned first hand how maya's dad is like.

okey sure DPC's work is for a part verry funny and rediculess, but there is also seriousness in his works.
thats why i love this story so much. take quinn for example, she never apologized to tommy, yet we see that she does enjoy getting closer to us, heck we even see a lil smile when we pranked her by taking a photo of her hugging me, maybe she will come around and become a good girl, maybe even apologize to Maya at one point as she is bound to come closer to maya through our friendship with her.
heck from a bunch of peaple only knowing how to play pranks, have tons of party's and revenge fights with the jocks. i turned our group of Diks around to be somewhat respectable, working for money and experience, instaid of leeching of rusty dad's money, taking care of da elderly, heck i do that in real life as well.

like i said, loads of stuff are fun and games, but there is seriousness in Dr PinkCake's work as well.
Hell if Patreon accepted iDeal as a payment option i'd propably be one of his top donators by now, but since steam does accept that payment option i can support him that way for i do believe this is turning out to be a marvelous story
I just hope yall can see the same as i do :D

Greetings Riggnarock.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
but if you ask me to accompany you to talk (a conversation that can end badly) with them you MUST tell me who they are since I know them and they are my teachers

first of all, im autistic. 2nd of all i didnt see that comming, untill walking in on that burke's scene, i thought that that redheared man sucking up to everyone at the prep's party was sage's dad or since we recently learned that sage's been adopted, or maybe he is her real dad but we dont know it yet, afterall sage did say she remembers verry lil about her real parents :D

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020

It is indeed, like many aspects of many stories, a scenario that requires a minor amount of suspension of disbelief.

One thing that makes this game easy to enjoy, and read, is it rarely gets bogged down in details.

We don't need scenes with Maya trying to explain how her loan works, DPC trying to explain it to placate people just backfired.

Maya should have just said, "I don't fucking know, I'm just fucked OK!? My dad has got me over a barrel and I don't understand it and I don't know what to do!!"

Instead she's all like, "Well you see, I'm like a co-signer, and that means I'm responsible for the loan, and then you know, details and shit". Nah, fuck that shit. We don't need to know intricates.

The same goes with how the fuck the mc didn't know what he was walking into.

Do we need a post-meeting scene like:

mc: "WTF Sage! Why didn't you tell me Jade and Stephen were your parents!? Fuck!"​
Sage: "I thought you knew, and don't start fucking yelling at me! Why the fuck does it matter anyway?"​
mc: "It's because... um... like I would have been more prepared, um, Jade, um, she's like my teacher and shit. It was awkward!"​
Sage: "WTF are you talking about? What does it matter if she's your teacher. She's your teacher? You doing gender studies? Haha, really! Anyway, what the fuck does it matter if she's your teacher. It's not like you're fucking her or something!"​
mc: "..."​
Sage: "Oh my god no! No! Don't fucking tell me you've been fucking her!"​
mc: "I need to use the bathroom!"​
Sage: "What the actual fuck, and I mean the actual, actual fuck! Oh my... FUCK!"​

Just accept he didn't know, no one told him, she thought he knew, like, who gives a fuck.

The problem is now, if DPC has a post explanation (like after the event, and even if it goes down like the shit I just wrote above), everyone will be like, "DPC is just trying to fix his fuckup..."

It's just a molehill.

(Also, he wasn't even coming to talk with them, he was just moral support, Sage was going to talk with them with just Maya. The mc and Josy were meant to be fucking in the foyer)

Last edited:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
first of all, im autistic. 2nd of all i didnt see that comming, untill walking in on that burke's scene, i thought that that redheared man sucking up to everyone at the prep's party was sage's dad or since we recently learned that sage's been adopted, or maybe he is her real dad but we dont know it yet, afterall sage did say she remembers verry lil about her real parents :D
the man with red hair was put there on purpose to look like Sage's father, a blatantly false clue (like the women's panties in Chad's bag) perhaps later we will find out who he is

but the problem is not whether we figured it out earlier or not, in fact from that point of view better for you, at least the twist was successful.

the problem is that it is the twist itself that makes little sense as a twist, or rather it is a twist that has a real impact on a limited portion of the players, but since it was the season finale DPC had to pump it up on steroids to make it seem universal, but it is not. it is a WTF moment

if then its development is going to be like the arrival of Maya's father, which was supposed to be an atomic bomb and ended up being a firecracker, it will be even worse

Reactions: Kuraii

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Here's a thought, okey maybe a verry far fedged one. what about Rusty's dad?
I doubt it's any of our frathouse family's parents. However, on the topic of MC and relations, around the same time MC gets his 'inheritance' money and mother's diary is around the same time somebody else (one of the preps, wasn't it?) had a grandparent die, so I think it more likely we're part of that family tree.

There is absolutely no way Jill or any of the other girls we're banging are related to the MC. DPC doesn't do incest.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
I doubt it's any of our frathouse family's parents. However, on the topic of MC and relations, around the same time MC gets his 'inheritance' money and mother's diary is around the same time somebody else (one of the preps, wasn't it?) had a grandparent die, so I think it more likely we're part of that family tree.

There is absolutely no way Jill or any of the other girls we're banging are related to the MC. DPC doesn't do incest.
i did say my lines wer based on my fantasy running wild and not actual truth's :D
but wich prep are we talking about? i have had several playthrough's and havent noticed anyone dying. or are ya talking about Jill's sister?

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
It is indeed, like many aspects of many stories, a scenario that requires a minor amount of suspension of disbelief.

One thing that makes this game easy to enjoy, and read, is it rarely gets bogged down in details.

We don't need scenes with Maya trying to explain how her loan works, DPC trying to explain it to placate people just backfired.

Maya should have just said, "I don't fucking know, I'm just fucked OK!? My dad has got me over a barrel and I don't understand it and I don't know what to do!!"

Instead she's all like, "Well you see, I'm like a co-signer, and that means I'm responsible for the loan, and then you know, details and shit". Nah, fuck that shit. We don't need to know intricates.

mc: "WTF Sage! Why didn't you tell me Jade and Stephen were your parents!? Fuck!"​
Sage: "I thought you knew, and don't start fucking yelling at me! Why the fuck does it matter anyway?"​
mc: "It's because... um... like I would have been more prepared, um, Jade, um, she's like my teacher and shit. It was awkward!"​
Sage: "WTF are you talking about? What does it matter if she's your teacher. She's your teacher? You doing gender studies? Haha, really! Anyway, what the fuck does it matter if she's your teacher. It's not like you're fucking her or something!"​
mc: "..."​
Sage: "Oh my god no! No! Don't fucking tell me you've been fucking her!"​
mc: "I need to use the bathroom!"​
Sage: "What the actual fuck, and I mean the actual, actual fuck! Oh my... FUCK!"​

Just accept he didn't know, no one told him, she thought he knew, like, who gives a fuck.

The problem is now, if DPC has a post explanation (like after the event, and even if it goes down like the shit I just wrote above), everyone will be like, "DPC is just trying to fix his fuckup..."

It's just a molehill.

(Also, he wasn't even coming to talk with them, he was just moral support, Sage was going to talk with them with just Maya. The mc and Joey were meant to be fucking in the foyer)
go figure, in the end it is always my fault as a player both when Maya baffles me with implausible details about her loan and when other characters don't say things that anyone would have said

anyway, the problem is not that MC doesn't know, but that Sage doesn't tell him, when she SHOULD HAVE, with no plausible justification other than the construction of a bad twist. if Sage thinks it doesn't matter she appears very stupid or very selfish, which is not good

then ok, of course I have to accept it, it's not that I expect the scene to be rewritten, but it's a bad scene that ends an unexceptional season

Last edited:

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020
the man with red hair was put there on purpose to look like Sage's father, a blatantly false clue (like the women's panties in Chad's bag) perhaps later we will find out who he is

but the problem is not whether we figured it out earlier or not, in fact from that point of view better for you, at least the twist was successful.

the problem is that it is the twist itself that makes little sense as a twist, or rather it is a twist that has a real impact on a limited portion of the players, but since it was the season finale DPC had to pump it up on steroids to make it seem universal, but it is not. it is a WTF moment

if then its development is going to be like the arrival of Maya's father, which was supposed to be an atomic bomb and ended up being a firecracker, it will be even worse
well yeah it was a surprice for me, and maybe becouse of that, i think i do think that later on maybe we find out that that man is sage's real dad, even though he isnt the suckerupper sage told us about upstairs (why she turned her phone off) :D

still, thank you for your wise words, i would have thought someone else would have said, what rock have you been living under? how could you've not seen that comming :D

Reactions: felicemastronzo

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
go figure, in the end it is always my fault as a player both when Maya baffles me with implausible details about her loan and when other characters don't say things that anyone would have said

anyway, the problem is not that MC doesn't know, but that Sage doesn't tell her, when she SHOULD HAVE, with no plausible justification other than the construction of a bad twist. if Sage thinks it doesn't matter she appears very stupid or very selfish, which is not good

then ok, of course I have to accept it, it's not that I expect the scene to be rewritten, but it's a bad scene that ends an unexceptional season
No, I admit it's DPC's fault for doubling down and making Maya's loan situation more ridiculous.

But the problem is, when characters make mistakes, and shit goes wrong, everyone gets worked up over the characters making the mistakes.

It's exactly when we make mistakes that shit goes wrong. If we didn't make mistakes, shit wouldn't go wrong, and life would be peachy. Tricky, but peachy.

So if Sage told the mc outright:

Sage: "Hey Fuckface, you wanna stalk my boyfriend? Oh by the way, see that really curvaceous teacher over there?"​
mc: "What? Stalk your... Which teacher, the brunette?"​
Sage: "No that's Isabella, the librarian, no, I mean the blonde teacher, the one that is looking at Isabella, actually, fuck, she's really staring daggers at her, what the fuck is that all about about..? Anyway, no, the blonde one, see her?"​
mc: "Yeah sure, Mrs. Milk Machine"​
Sage: "Mrs... what? Anyway, well she's my mom, so don't get any ideas about fucking her!"​
mc: "What? Me? Why would I? I mean, I'm just a spineless little fuck, I only fucked one girl in my life, I don't have the balls to approach a MILF like that!"​
Sage: Just making sure. Plus that older teacher over there, that's my dad. Don't fuck him either...​
mc: "Awww."​

I mean yeah, that would have been a great exchange, but then Jade would be out of the story, cause the mc would have felt all weird and shit about it.

But it didn't happen that way. Sage mistakenly assumed he knew, or just didn't think to tell him, you know, because she was all worked up about asking for a favour from her parents that she wasn't thinking clearly, and she made a mistake.

And when you make mistakes, shit happens. And it did.

Last edited:

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
I wonder if Dik in the way of Others will be able to fuck Zoey already in episode 9 or will he whine and mumble until episode 12? :FacePalm: He's not in a relationship with anyone, so what the hell is there to pull? Just fuck her right here on the bench, and shove your dick down her throat. (y)
It will be fun to see how a dik without a relationship will find excuses just not to fuck an ex-girlfriend:KEK: (although he just fed a cream pie to Nora)

• Haha
Reactions: Ostap Bender

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019

Rich's grandmother does pass away and he has to go to the funeral, but I think it's another red herring placed by DPC.

Like it's too conveniently placed that we find out about her passing and our receiving of the inheritance. IMO it's unlikely MC is related to either Burgmeister or Royce, but Royce is totally out of question due to Patreon reasons. The most likely option there is that Rusty is MC's first cousin or uncle (unlikely, as the age gap is way too big to be logically explained).

That being said, what I do believe though is that the woman MC interacts with at the elderly care home is Stephen's mom. I find a strange hint in the line she says "that she has a son that doesn't visit anymore because he's busy chasing after money." or something along those lines.

den_tiger

Feb 16, 2022
No, I admit it's DPC's fault for doubling down and making Maya's loan situation more ridiculous.

But the problem is, when characters make mistakes, and shit goes wrong, everyone gets worked up over the characters making the mistakes.

It's exactly when we make mistakes that shit goes wrong. If we didn't make mistakes, shit wouldn't go wrong, and life would be peachy. Tricky, but peachy.

So if Sage told the mc outright:

Sage: "Hey Fuckface, you wanna stalk my boyfriend? Oh by the way, see that really curvaceous teacher over there?"​
mc: "What? Stalk your... Which teacher, the brunette?"​
Sage: "No that's Isabella, the librarian, no, I mean the blonde teacher, the one that is looking at Isabella, actually, fuck, she's really staring daggers at her, what the fuck is that all about about..? Anyway, no, the blonde one, see her?"​
mc: "Yeah sure, Mrs. Milk Machine"​
Sage: "Mrs... what? Anyway, well she's my mom, so don't get any ideas about fucking her!"​
mc: "What? Me? Why would I? I mean, I'm just a spineless little fuck, I only fucked one girl in my life, I don't have the balls to approach a MILF like that!"​
Sage: Just making sure. Plus that older teacher over there, that's my dad. Don't fuck him either...​
mc: "Awww."​

I mean yeah, that would have been a great exchange, but then Jade would be out of the story, cause the mc would have felt all weird and shit about it.

But it didn't happen that way. Sage mistakenly assumed he knew, or just didn't think to tell him, you know, because she was all worked up about asking for a favour from her parents that she wasn't thinking clearly, and she made a mistake.

And when you make mistakes, shit happens. And it did.

Much simplier really. All she had to say was that Tybalt was her brother.... which was how she got to make a deal with the preps for the preps party....

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Maybe I don't understand what you said. If what you say is true, then Ached will lose his damn mind. ep. 11/12 could be another year or two in real life time. Honestly I don't even know that Zoey will ever be granted relationship status. We are not even sure if Quinn will get it.

I think players will at the very least be given the opportunity to have immediate cheat sex with Zoey (which will flag to True the DPC punishment variable). I just have a hard time believing DPC goes through all the trouble to keep Zoey chaste in Interlude only to have her arrive and wait even longer for MC to officially ditch his LI. I think Zoey will be an instantaneous sex temptation trap from the moment she arrives at B&R. The main reason she is being brought back to the story is to fuck up whatever relationship MC has already established.
If there's one thing we ought to be clear on, it's that DPC feels no obligation to give us what we want. :cautious:

At any rate, I'm not saying we can't have sex with Zoey prior to Ep 11/12 (at least on the Others route), I'm saying we won't make the final decision to choose between Zoey and an alternative girl until then. Any action with Zoey prior to that will be indecisive, either a moment of passion or some other extenuating circumstance (though it may well have repercussions when we get to the final choice).

Zoey will definitely be a temptation from the get go, but that doesn't mean we'll be able to act on that temptation immediately. I think DPC will favor a bit of a slow burn, much like he does with most of the plot. He's planning on four seasons, after all. I expect that will be as frustrating for Ached as it will be for me, but c'est la vie. (or maybe c'est le jeu? My French is weak)

mc: "WTF Sage! Why didn't you tell me Jade and Stephen were your parents!? Fuck!"

Sage: "I thought you knew, and don't start fucking yelling at me! Why the fuck does it matter anyway?"

mc: "It's because... um... like I would have been more prepared, um, Jade, um, she's like my teacher and shit. It was awkward!"

Sage: "WTF are you talking about? What does it matter if she's your teacher. She's your teacher? You doing gender studies? Haha, really! Anyway, what the fuck does it matter if she's your teacher. It's not like you're fucking her or something!"

mc: "..."

Sage: "Oh my god no! No! Don't fucking tell me you've been fucking her!"

mc: "I need to use the bathroom!"

Sage: "What the actual fuck, and I mean the actual, actual fuck! Oh my... FUCK!"

And then it gets really real.

It's just a molehill.

(Also, he wasn't even coming to talk with them, he was just moral support, Sage was going to talk with them with just Maya. The mc and Joey were meant to be fucking in the foyer)
I take your point, but Maya's ultimatum is plot-critical in a way that the MC's shock over Sage's family simply is not. There needs to be a reason for Maya's desperation at the start of the story - even if the MC winds up rejecting Maya and wanting to spend as little time with her as possible, we still need to explain her motivations. DPC may have completely botched the details, but the reason itself can still be evaluated separately.

There simply isn't any comparable need for the MC to be shocked that Sage is Jade's daughter. Sure, *IF* the MC slept with Jade that's obviously going to be an issue, but there are going to be a lot of runs where that's not the case (indeed, it's impossible on the M&J path). So I really don't know what DPC was thinking trying to inflate this molehill into a proper cliff. It's an entirely unforced error.

If DPC had made Zoey's return the cliffhanger (and maybe layered Jade on top of that for certain branches) it would not only have been a stronger twist, it would have been a much better lead in to the Interlude.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
There simply isn't any comparable need for the MC to be shocked that Sage is Jade's daughter. Sure, *IF* the MC slept with Jade that's obviously going to be an issue, but there are going to be a lot of runs where that's not the case (indeed, it's impossible on the M&J path). So I really don't know what DPC was thinking trying to inflate this molehill into a proper cliff. It's an entirely unforced error.
And this leads me to the idea that the player in any case needs to fuck Jade if he wants to avoid the contradiction and the incomprehensible frightened reaction of the main character to Jade, even if he ran from her the whole series. I'm 90% sure that fucking with Jade will not affect in any way (Sage may not even know about it, lol), but a recorded sex video can turn around a lot.

Reactions: akki37

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
I'll go along with Zoey interrupting the MC's date with [chosen_girl], but I suspect the encounter will end with the MC shocked by the revelation that she totes never had a new boyfriend and is painfully available. That way the MC can pass up on a lewd scene early in the episode, get in some good sulking time, and then go hog wild at the Halloween party. The choice between [chosen_girl] and Zoey won't come until at least Episode 11, more likely Ep 12.

No, there is too much. Let me sum up:

Zoey is making a big, splashy entrance right after DPC railroaded us into choosing our favorite waifu and dropping the rest (or accepting we don't want a proper relationship). So instead of getting to enjoy the fruits of our choice for a while, we seem headed for more 'brooding MC drama.'

Unfortunately, using Zoey as a romantic foil is likely to fall extremely flat because there's little reason the MC should care that much about her (the Interlude showed their relationship was extremely shallow in comparison to the LIs and several of the side girls). On top of that, most players will see her as nothing but an artificial obstacle to stall their preferred path. Only players who really like Zoey are likely to enjoy her prioritization, but statistically you'd expect them to be a minority compared to those who really like one of the 5 LIs (or Quinn, or any of the numerous other side girls). For everyone else, Zoey presented as a watered down repeat of the decision DPC just forced us to make at the crossroads.

Basically, Zoey's timing sucks, and IMHO the Interlude only makes it worse.
The timing of Zoey sucks because it's just realistic. A lot of people always want more realism, get it, and then complain about it. I don't understand that.

Why is it realistic? Because in real life, people often show up at the wrong time. God, who can't tell a story there.

I think it's a strange thing to write. Don't make Zoey more than she is. What's Zoey? MC's ex-girlfriend. What's going to happen. What the MC (player) wants. Either the MC returns to Zoey, they remain friends and he remains his chosen LI or Zoey leaves. That's how it is in real life and that's how it will be in BaDIK.

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes