shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I take your point, but Maya's ultimatum is plot-critical in a way that the MC's shock over Sage's family simply is not. There needs to be a reason for Maya's desperation at the start of the story - even if the MC winds up rejecting Maya and wanting to spend as little time with her as possible, we still need to explain her motivations. DPC may have completely botched the details, but the reason itself can still be evaluated separately.

There simply isn't any comparable need for the MC to be shocked that Sage is Jade's daughter. Sure, *IF* the MC slept with Jade that's obviously going to be an issue, but there are going to be a lot of runs where that's not the case (indeed, it's impossible on the M&J path). So I really don't know what DPC was thinking trying to inflate this molehill into a proper cliff. It's an entirely unforced error.

If DPC had made Zoey's return the cliffhanger (and maybe layered Jade on top of that for certain branches) it would not only have been a stronger twist, it would have been a much better lead in to the Interlude.
I still think it's OK for the mc to get worried when he finds out who Sage's parents are, for all potential paths leading to that point.

He did come on very strong with the "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." reaction at the end of ep 8, but as has been dissected many times now, that reaction has been reduced based on the path that lead the mc to that spot.

The different scenarios:

1) MC rejected Jade from the beginning:

You may believe this is a non issue scenario here. And yes, the mc hasn't done anything to be ashamed of.​
All he's done is reject an extremely forward Jade, who has literally sexually assaulted him twice (once in the cafeteria when she grabs his cock through his clothes, and the other with her foot at the back of the gender studies lecture hall).​
When he turned her down, she threatened him:​
Jade: "You should spend the time left in this class reading and be quiet..."​
Jade: "That way I might not fail you..."​
And that's what he did. The next time they even acknowledge each other is when he finished the class:​
Jade: "Fuckface. Pass. Next."​
All the other students she chats with them, even mulling over whether to fail Derek with the consequences of him repeating, but she can't get rid of the mc fast enough.​
Her actions have made their dynamic extremely awkward, I mean he could press charges for real if he wanted to, so him coming along with the girls to ask for monetary help for Maya, who knows how she would see that, or how he would think she would see that.​
2) MC is fucking Sage and Jade:

We all know why this is awkward, so it doesn't require further discussion.​

3) MC dumped Jade in ep 8:

Jade was really pissed. This scenario requires no further discussion.​

4) MC is still in a relationship with Jade:

The only other scenario is he's never been intimate with Sage, but he's been fucking Jade. Jade really likes the mc, so he's not gonna have any drama with her, but he's gonna be sitting there with her daughter and her husband with the knowledge that he's fucking with their family. I think it's reason to be very uncomfortable.​

So really, given all those potential thoughts going through the mc's mind. I don't find it being far fetched at all that he panics when he finds out.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
I still think it's OK for the mc to get worried when he finds out who Sage's parents are, for all potential paths leading to that point.

He did come on very strong with the "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." reaction at the end of ep 8, but as has been dissected many times now, that reaction has been reduced based on the path that lead the mc to that spot.

The different scenarios:

You may believe this is a non issue scenario here. And yes, the mc hasn't done anything to be ashamed of.​
All he's done is reject an extremely forward Jade, who has literally sexually assaulted him twice (once in the cafeteria when she grabs his cock through his clothes, and the other with her foot at the back of the gender studies lecture hall).​
When he turned her down, she threatened him:​
Jade: "You should spend the time left in this class reading and be quiet..."​
Jade: "That way I might not fail you..."​
And that's what he did. The next time they even acknowledge each other is when he finished the class:​
Jade: "Fuckface. Pass. Next."​
All the other students she chats with them, even mulling over whether to fail Derek with the consequences of him repeating, but she can't get rid of the mc fast enough.​
Her actions have made their dynamic extremely awkward, I mean he could press charges for real if he wanted to, so him coming along with the girls to ask for monetary help for Maya, who knows how she would see that, or how he would think she would see that.​
2) MC is fucking Sage and Jade:

We all know why this is awkward, so it doesn't require further discussion.​

3) MC dumped Jade in ep 8:

Jade was really pissed. This scenario requires no further discussion.​

4) MC is still in a relationship with Jade:

The only other scenario is he's never been intimate with Sage, but he's been fucking Jade. Jade really likes the mc, so he's not gonna have any drama with her, but he's gonna be sitting there with her daughter and her husband with the knowledge that he's fucking with their family. I think it's reason to be very uncomfortable.​

So really, given all those potential thoughts going through the mc's mind. I don't find it being far fetched at all that he panics when he finds out.
I think folks are over exaggerating that it must be just Jade the reason for MC to kind of freak out.
No, that is just an extra, in certain paths. However overall it's perfectly fine for MC to freak out.
Sure, may be a bit more Sarcastic tone like : "Fuck, I should have seen this one coming" might have been better.
But, after all. These are not some random peoples, Sage family are all tied to the school.
and even if you are the massivest massive Chick, MC is not exactly a Golden Boy in the school. He has a reputation, his fraternity has a reputation. Fighting, drinking, break in, even stealing, and the Cathy stuff.
And Tybalt hates him no matter what. He is not meeting with Sage's family with a clean slate.

that is the base spine of the story, everything else is just an extra, including Jade. She is not mandatory, she is just an extra spice.

PashafromRussia

Aug 18, 2019
MC rejected Jade from the beginning:
You're right. The story is built in such a way that we could not avoid harrasment from Jade, no matter what we did. Jade's behavior suggests that she has already molested young students. So, if nothing depends on our behavior and there will still be drama, then why should we worry about fucking Jade? I'm sure Pink will invest in the scene where Jade and I were close, so I think we can expect a funny scene where MС admits to Sage that Jade molested him and Sage will be furious.

• Haha
Reactions: ChipLecsap

Fire Lord Zuko

Aug 20, 2021
Hey so I’m trying to do a new playthrough (as in all data is reset) so I can go through everything again like getting the collectibles. However it still says everything I did from my past playthrough is still collected. Any way to reset everything to ‘factory settings’? I deleted the persistent file, as I heard that might help, but nothing.

Edit: Ah nvm. Figured it out. Deleted the whole folder for BADik in the Ren’Py folder. That seemed to do it.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2022
And Tybalt hates him no matter what. He is not meeting with Sage's family with a clean slate.
Right, I'm glad you pointed that out. Coming from Jill playthroughs, I thought that the MC's presence there could ruin any chance the Burkes help Maya out. There's no way to know what Tybalt has been telling them about the MC especially after Jill shot him down. That goes doubly so if you've punched Tybalt and ruined his presentation.

ChipLecsap

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 4, 2019
Right, I'm glad you pointed that out. Coming from Jill playthroughs, I thought that the MC's presence there could ruin any chance the Burkes help Maya out. There's no way to know what Tybalt has been telling them about the MC especially after Jill shot him down. That goes doubly so if you've punched Tybalt and ruined his presentation.
Yes:giggle:, but what I was saying that even without a Jill playthrough. Tybalt dislike MC. MC pure existence is a treat for Tybalt. :LOL:.

Anyway, MC is still just a teenager. Every teenager get uncomfortable when they are summoned to the principal office. And he just happend to visit the school board members at their home. We surely expected this outcome, but He didnt:ROFLMAO:, so him freaking out is understandable. ;)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

The different scenarios:

She also grabs MC ass as they are moving out to hallway one day (before they are an item). You're right, but further, Jade would have just as much to be worried about as MC. I'm sure Jade in her mind is also going, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Either because she is concerned about having a student present whom she assaulted and then threatened when rejected or because she wants to fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck him but can't with the entire B&R happy humper gang piled into her sitting room.

AchedCroissant

Conversation Conqueror
May 29, 2020
I wonder if Dik in the way of Others will be able to fuck Zoey already in episode 9 or will he whine and mumble until episode 12? :FacePalm: He's not in a relationship with anyone, so what the hell is there to pull? Just fuck her right here on the bench, and shove your dick down her throat. (y)
It will be fun to see how a dik without a relationship will find excuses just not to fuck an ex-girlfriend:KEK: (although he just fed a cream pie to Nora)
Well, the truth is that I don't think that because you chose the "chosen" one, the cheating route is blocked and closed because the truth would be very stupid on the part of DPC lol where is the morbidity of fucking Riona and Jill calling the MC for phone to tell him she loves him and is part of destiny
Ara ara meme 01.jpg

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
MC should just calm things down during the Sage/Jade shouting match by saying,

"ladies please..let us just all calm ourselves and have a sex orgy. Sage, you had a completely out of character threesome in ep. 8, so how about a moresome in ep 9? Your mother is a dirty whore who jacked me off in class and fucked me in that bathe room right over there while Stephen was in the other room so she is always dtf. Maya and Josy are carpet munching lesbians but strangely make an exception for the taste of my dick & balls, so I'm sure they are cool with some extra poon. I already call your mom, my mom (and call you my sister ;) ) so what do you ladies say? Oi, Stephen...feel free to sit in the corner and watch while I clam jam your wife and daughter and these two muff divers."

Easy. Problem solved.

Jade o_O
Sage :mad: but also :p
Josy :oops:
Maya :eek:
Stephen :unsure:
MC :BootyTime:

dalli_x

Engaged Member
Jul 7, 2017
It is indeed, like many aspects of many stories, a scenario that requires a minor amount of suspension of disbelief.

One thing that makes this game easy to enjoy, and read, is it rarely gets bogged down in details.

We don't need scenes with Maya trying to explain how her loan works, DPC trying to explain it to placate people just backfired.

Maya should have just said, "I don't fucking know, I'm just fucked OK!? My dad has got me over a barrel and I don't understand it and I don't know what to do!!"

Instead she's all like, "Well you see, I'm like a co-signer, and that means I'm responsible for the loan, and then you know, details and shit". Nah, fuck that shit. We don't need to know intricates.

The same goes with how the fuck the mc didn't know what he was walking into.

Do we need a post-meeting scene like:

mc: "WTF Sage! Why didn't you tell me Jade and Stephen were your parents!? Fuck!"​
Sage: "I thought you knew, and don't start fucking yelling at me! Why the fuck does it matter anyway?"​
mc: "It's because... um... like I would have been more prepared, um, Jade, um, she's like my teacher and shit. It was awkward!"​
Sage: "WTF are you talking about? What does it matter if she's your teacher. She's your teacher? You doing gender studies? Haha, really! Anyway, what the fuck does it matter if she's your teacher. It's not like you're fucking her or something!"​
mc: "..."​
Sage: "Oh my god no! No! Don't fucking tell me you've been fucking her!"​
mc: "I need to use the bathroom!"​
Sage: "What the actual fuck, and I mean the actual, actual fuck! Oh my... FUCK!"​
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Just accept he didn't know, no one told him, she thought he knew, like, who gives a fuck.

The problem is now, if DPC has a post explanation (like after the event, and even if it goes down like the shit I just wrote above), everyone will be like, "DPC is just trying to fix his fuckup..."

It's just a molehill.

(Also, he wasn't even coming to talk with them, he was just moral support, Sage was going to talk with them with just Maya. The mc and Joey were meant to be fucking in the foyer)
go figure, in the end it is always my fault as a player both when Maya baffles me with implausible details about her loan and when other characters don't say things that anyone would have said

anyway, the problem is not that MC doesn't know, but that Sage doesn't tell him, when she SHOULD HAVE, with no plausible justification other than the construction of a bad twist. if Sage thinks it doesn't matter she appears very stupid or very selfish, which is not good

then ok, of course I have to accept it, it's not that I expect the scene to be rewritten, but it's a bad scene that ends an unexceptional season
Oh man it's simple why some characters don't disclose everything about themselves. Because they don't want to.

- Maya had to trust the MC first, not only because she is introverted, but also because she has made the experience in her past that certain truths should remain hidden, because otherwise she harms herself with it.
- Sage wants to stand on her own feet, ergo it would be counterproductive for Sage if everyone knew that Sage is the adopted daughter of the Burkes. On the one hand she is a member of the Burke family, but on the other hand she is not 100% Burke because she was adopted. I even assume that Tybalt makes Sage feel this, because he is at least a 50% Burke, if he is the biological son of Jade.
- Jill is slandering her last name herself because she wants to meet normal people and not only snobs.

These are only 3 different reasons why the characters in the game don't want to reveal everything. To be honest, this is even realistic writing from DPC because he includes the characters' pschye.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
i did say my lines wer based on my fantasy running wild and not actual truth's :D
but wich prep are we talking about? i have had several playthrough's and havent noticed anyone dying. or are ya talking about Jill's sister?
No, I'm talking about Rich, one of the preps. It could be misdirection, but DPC isn't usually especially good at that.
That would imply MC's mother was with someone before she was with his father and gave birth to him. Make it make sense because it sure doesn't.
No, it means you didn't listen to your father, Neil, who warns you not to stick your dick in everything without a condom. Maybe he had a wild threesome one night with Lynette and Miranda. Or maybe he just cheated on Lynette with her.

Since Lyn died, she's not there to warn MC about it.

Foind

Jan 3, 2021
Sage wants to stand on her own feet, ergo it would be counterproductive for Sage if everyone knew that Sage is the adopted daughter of the Burkes. On the one hand she is a member of the Burke family, but on the other hand she is not 100% Burke because she was adopted. I even assume that Tybalt makes Sage feel this, because he is at least a 50% Burke, if he is the biological son of Jade.
and it's not like Sage is actively trying to hide it, hindsight plays a big part here:

-when MC is overhearing Sage and Chad argue, outside her room, Chad is pleading to Sage to help him with his situation (we are not told in what capacity she can help so player doesn't give it much thought) and Sage is refusing to at first for reasons that she reveals in episode 8 about not wanting to ask anything of her parents.

-Quinn keeps asking her for help too and without much information we just assume it means her parents are loaded

-And the obvious hint about her parents being present at Preps party.

With the reveal these become clearer and her parents being Jade and Stephen seems to be common knowledge or at least people who are close to Sage are aware of it.

znar25

Apr 25, 2021

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
My only hope is that I can quickly click-through any Zoey related items.

Zoey items now in (every update from now on? (n) ) use up valuable space better used for all the other characters that we are already invested in / interested in for a very long time that still have many contributions to make to the story.

And then also--again--people that care about the original LIs/sides have to wait 10 or so months for anything useful to move the story along since Ep8.

Now we will be force-fed Zoey.

Unfortunate.

If ever there were a need for a Mod for the game, it would strip out all of the Interlude and follow on Zoey content.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Fuckface really regresses when he meets Zoey huh. People tend to do that when significant people from their past turn up. At least I hope this is whats happening in that preview based on posture and expression. He has said as much to the LIs that things were left unresolved and not well.

I try to look at the Zoey hatred as objectively as possible but I can't shake the major incel energy emanating from most of it. Not even the Maya hate back then didn't scream 'I haven't touched a woman in my entire life' quite like this :HideThePain:
I have felt the same with some of her criticism (definitely not all though) especially when people focus on her running out of money as the reason for going back instead of what actually happened. Very typical of incel talking points to devalue a woman to be an object that only thinks of materialistic things specifically money. Zoey had decided to spend it on her dream and did on the prompt of to her grandmothers death and wish. She put herself first as we all do when we grow up and actually took charge and went for her dream as not everyone can do. As often happens when you chase your ambition you learn stuff and she learned that her dream wasnt what she thought it was, it was better in her head and now she can refocus.

Shes a really well written and well grounded person, the Interlude gave her so much character which i think all the LIs are missing. And this amount of characterization is actually what is pissing many people off even if they cant articulate it, I think. They want that for their own LI(s) but instead a "new" one got it, seemingly coming out of nowhere, even though she been established in flashbacks already. So instead many people attack the character of Zoey (which is wrong IMO) or DPCs writing and story pacing (which is very fair IMO) instead of what they should maybe?

4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes