Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
And now if you cancel the Interlude, as well as the time to prepare the Season 2 release in Steam, and also the Christmas holidays, then you get the same 6 months.
You forgot Easter holidays, midsummer's day, the day his dog will snatch his HD and bury it in the garden, the days he will get sick, the imperative new Interlude spin-offs (Madame's new adventures; Magnar's D&G stories; and so on), next Xmas holiday.

Reactions: BorgiaBou

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
Why is everybody sooo worked up on an already known intel that the releases come in approximately 6 months interval ?!? :unsure: And what really takes the biscuit is that the vast majority doesn't even pay a fucking cent for it ?! :eek::sneaky: If you all know that much better than DPC why don't you all create your own game which will be superior to this one in all aspect plus since you all are horndogs why doncha set the release dates biweekly ?! 2a9061a80882d8105b0d6066798e81fe.gif :unsure: Or better yet daily... or hourly !!!!! :oops::rolleyes:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Even if time between updates keep increase and even if DPC been losing patron, this game still have way more chance to reach the finish line than 99% of the western AVNs currently in development.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
My suggestion for you is, hold out for the next episode. I can't help you before then. But when it comes out, just play for one hour, then save and close the game. Then the next month, play for another hour. Then close the game and so on.

There you go. You'll get your short updates every month.

But if you can cope with waiting two months between episodes, then play 2 hours each 2 months.

It's so amazing, you can actually control how much of the update you can play, and then you never need to complain about waiting again!
Now why would I do that to torture myself? If the release takes too long to come out but I still haven't lose interest, I'll play it the normal way like any sane person would do. If it's been too long and I lose interest, I move on. It's not the end of the world for me or DPC. Your suggestion has got to be one of the silliest way to play the game.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Embrace the fact that we're entering into 8-9 month per update cycle now. Gone are the 6 months per update.

Episode 9 - September 2022
Episode 10 - June 2023
Episide 11 - March 2024
Episode 12 - December 2024
Dang, I've never seen such a truthful and factual statement make me sad and laugh at the same time.
I guess truth does hurt. :HideThePain:

Yes, but look at the quality of these newer episodes. More animations, longer animations, higher-quality renders, action-packed free roams, and engaging minigames. If DPC decided to just slap some writing and some stills together, he could probably bang out a new episode in about 6 weeks or so, but then it wouldn't be the most popular AVN title anymore.
This is true. The quality in episode 8 and the Interlude is so f-ing high.
I think DPC should take this as a turning point in his strategy because producing quality renders in high quantity isn't sustainable.

I've told this to other developers who has REALLY HIGH quality renders but insists on keeping the quantity of them high as well. I've told them, you always have to sacrifice something. You cannot do both at the same time. It's one or the other.

One of the devs I had a talk with, sacrificed overall content and the length of playing time because of this. So their latest update had like a lot of renders in high quality but had 5-10 mins. of playing time.
It was awful.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Now why would I do that to torture myself? If the release takes too long to come out but I still haven't lose interest, I'll play it the normal way like any sane person would do. If it's been too long and I lose interest, I move on. It's not the end of the world for me or DPC. Your suggestion has got to be one of the silliest way to play the game.
And yet that's exactly what you're suggesting DPC does. Release the game more quickly in smaller chunks.

• Haha
Reactions: sixart

gamingdevil800

Monke
Donor
Aug 4, 2020
Even if time between updates keep increase and even if DPC been losing patron, this game still have way more chance to reach the finish line than 99% of the western AVNs currently in development.
Kinda his own fault he's losing some Patrons they were getting a solid two episodes a year. The interlude was by no means a good replacement.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
And yet that's exactly what you're suggesting DPC does. Release the game more quickly in smaller chunks.
Obviously you can't tell the difference between forcing oneself to take a break at a random point and not finish the release vs. finishing a smaller release at a logical break point in the story.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
There is no denying that she is kind, almost to much for her own good a times. But on the other hand I can't help but think she is also incredibly selfish as well. She doesn't have to make a big scene, she is still secretly shutting the other person out. It's worse if you ask me because the MC thinks everything is fine. As for the picnic being pivotal sure, but she just springs it on the MC and expects him to just go with her. If you don't she basically says "Fuck it. It's not meant to be so why try at all?".
A dead horse topic for me to bring up again, but I have to say one thing that always bothered me about the Jill route. Once you refuse her picnic in horse shit field, she decides in her mind to 86 you. That is not the bad part though. The bad part is she still strings you along and lets you put everything on the line for her; the music concert especially and running to meet her at the restaurant, etc. Only then does she officially tell you to pound sand...in front of everyone...after you saved her hide in the name of devotion...in front of everyone.

And keep in mind, all of this was on my first Jill playthrough as a Chick, where I thought the Chick thing to do (that Jill would appreciate) was help a sick friend. I specifically remember thinking, what would a good person with a conscience do? :unsure:

After a trip to a remote Shaolin monastery, much deep thought, fasting, studying, personal reflection, and eventual internet searching of "how do good people act?" I chose to help Sage. DPC: "Wrong choice fucko!" Luckily, I had a save point at that decision. Angry as I was, DPC redeemed himself by including that ep. 8 scene of an emotionally crushed Jill watching MC balls deep in Bella on the very table that they all happily gathered 'round to enjoy pancakes on that oh so joyful Sunday not long ago. Might now be my top cherished render of Jill in the entire game (and the only one that includes her face). Most satisfying wank to that ever.

shazba

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
A dead horse topic for me to bring up again, but I have to say one thing that always bothered me about the Jill route. Once you refuse her picnic in horse shit field, she decides in her mind to 86 you. That is not the bad part though. The bad part is she still strings you along and lets you put everything on the line for her; the music concert especially and running to meet her at the restaurant, etc. Only then does she officially tell you to pound sand...in front of everyone...after you saved her hide in the name of devotion...in front of everyone.

And keep in mind, all of this was on my first Jill playthrough as a Chick, where I thought the Chick thing to do (that Jill would appreciate) was help a sick friend. I specifically remember thinking, what would a good person with a conscience do? :unsure:

After a trip to a remote Shaolin monastery, much deep thought, fasting, studying, personal reflection, and eventual internet searching of "how do good people act?" I chose to help Sage. DPC: "Wrong choice fucko!" Luckily, I had a save point at that decision. Angry as I was, DPC redeemed himself by including that ep. 8 scene of an emotionally crushed Jill watching MC balls deep in Bella on the very table that they all happily gathered 'round to enjoy pancakes on that oh so joyful Sunday not long ago. Might now be my top cherished render of Jill in the entire game (and the only one that includes her face). Most satisfying wank to that ever.
There's no way any dude in his right mind would think his girlfriend would prefer him to hang out with another girl rather than go on the date she had just prepared.

Your brain was in "AVN-mode", trying to second guess what was right. You should have been in "dude-dealing-with-his-girl-mode", knowing you were screwed no matter what you did.

Obviously you can't tell the difference between forcing oneself to take a break at a random point and not finish the release vs. finishing a smaller release at a logical break point in the story.
So what you're saying is you've got no self control, so it's up to DPC to tailor the game for you personally. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen...

Reactions: sixart

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
There's no way any dude in his right mind would think his girlfriend would prefer him to hang out with another girl rather than go on the date she had just prepared.

Your brain was in "AVN-mode", trying to second guess what was right. You should have been in "dude-dealing-with-his-girl-mode", knowing you were screwed no matter what you did.

So what you're saying is you've got no self control, so it's up to DPC to tailor the game for you personally. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to happen...
Girlfriend? Where? When?

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Yet strangely Jill is ok with you hanging out with women like Bella and Josy and others. Hmmm, curious :unsure: She even pushes it in cases. Tending a sick friend isn't really hanging out anyway. And besides, does MC ever even say his sick friend is a girl? I know he doesn't say Sage's name. You're just simping hard today mate and it has blinded you. You'll come back to your senses soon.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
The bad part is she still strings you along
That's a big part of what sours it for me as well. That and the fact that if you don't go on the picnic and she can't get off the the MC's picture she will say "The sparks not there.", even though every other interaction between the two has suggested otherwise. She jus pulls a complete 180 in a very unrealistic way.

They aren't "hanging out", and Jill's not his girlfriend. He is taking care of a sick friend. But because it isn't Jill that must mean he isn't devoted to her enough. I get the feeling if Jill did the same thing she would think it's the right thing to do and it would be fine.

LizaS

Jan 20, 2022
Releasing/updating the game in smaller chunks isn't/wouldn't be desirable.

DPC's writing style is ill-suited for those type of releases.
One of the things that make BaDIK separate itself from the chaff is its episodic-esque updates.
When I first played the game, I was in agony finishing episode 7 and waiting for months because of its cliffhanger.

One of the reasons why binging shows in 3 hours is more satisfying compared to watching a 3-hour long movie is because you instead get what you would get from a 3-hour movie in three 1-hour episodes, so it feels refreshing.

Last edited:

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
truth!
Because when we get down to the final LI, then someone dies... a house burns.... axes come out.... Jill's penis drops... And she is your aunt... and it finishes by the 10th or 11th chapter, 12th if he drags it out, so yeah almost done
Peace
:D

• Haha
Reactions: shazba
4.80 star(s) 1,538 Votes